• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Not really surprising for Rainbow Dash. One of the summaries outright used something along the lines of a " Test of Loyalty ". We're expecting the Ponyville Team to be Dash, Thunderlane, Blossomforth, and Bulk Biceps (Snowflake) who'll be the background pony bumped up to secondary character apparently.

I'd be surprised if Twilight got her Key so early, though. I was expecting her to be last because she's Twilight. It'd be kind of refreshing to go ahead and get that out of the way, though. I'd have no complaints.

Also the Discord song will be in that episode.

Saturday Morning Episode Edit.

Can I take 22 minutes of Applejack? Maybe if Pinkie is there.
[spoil]A person (and probably a pony) inherits most of their traits from their parents and grandparents. The common ancestor they may share is so distant that it has barely any influence on Pinkie.

So Twilight is looking into her friend's ancestry? That's ... not creepy.

So who throws a wench in everypony's joy and doesn't immediately accept Pinkie as family? Who else?

I like the Apple song. I don't think the animation did the animatic justice, though. They removed the Where's Waldo Reference.

" When did you have time to make that? " ... silly mortal.

Just as I predicted Applejack tried to assert herself as leader (again). I don't see why she picked that exact moment to try and assert her authority. There was nothing she could do to make the situation better. The wagon already broke, the map was already gone, and it was too late to change direction on the river. She didn't even try to save her family from the waterfall with a rope which is one of the few things she's actually good at doing. So what was the point?

Pinkie, on the other hand, was delightful in this episode. She was eccentric and bubbly as always but it didn't reach the point of being annoying. This is how I prefer for Pinkie to be written. Pinkie is aware of what's going on around her and appears to be as intelligent as any other pony, but she just selectively cares about those things.

Oh. A crazy cat lady.

So in the end the answer was left ambiguous ... which is probably for the best. The truth is, all the ponies of a same type in the least are probably related in some distant way anyway because they descended from the same tribe. [/spoil]

Last edited:

matt0044

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Pretty boring episode. There was a couple moments that made me laugh for a bit, but for the most part, the episode just didn't stand out.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well this is turning out to be a good season so far. I think the late November premiere thing should carry over to next season too so we have a non-stop season (which was a trademark of 24 in its later years).

matt0044

Pretty boring episode. There was a couple moments that made me laugh for a bit, but for the most part, the episode just didn't stand out.

I'd say it was hilarious and the song was very catchy.

Whiscash

Professional catfish
Well, the Apple song has been in my head since I watched the ep on Sunday, so I'd say it's pretty catchy XD I loved the episode, too, some great Apple family moments and Pinkie's photos were hilarious. I'm happy enough with an ambiguous ending since it was obvious by the end genetics didn't matter, Pinkie's as good as an Apple anyway ^^ Always good to see more Big Mac and Granny Smith. It was great at the end where he was finally about to say something and then she stopped him. Eeyup :p

...The squirrel thing was a bit weird, I was waiting for somepony to free him! (Or her) Fluttershy would most definitely NOT approve XD

Three’s a Crowd” — As Twilight Sparkle eagerly anticipates the arrival of Princess Cadance, Discord dishes up quite the dreadful disruption when he arrives and begs the ponies to take care of him while he is sick. But when Discord’s diva like demands get ridiculously out of hand, Twilight’s generosity and friendship skills are put to the test during her special weekend, on “My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic,” Saturday, January 25 at 10:30 a.m. ET/ 7:30 a.m. PT on the Hub Network.

excited for this! The world needs a Discord song, people. I also wonder if this will be like Keep Calm and Flutter On, and if we'll see if Discord really does value the ponies' friendship...Hoping for some potentially hilarious Discord/Cadence interactions too.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Looks like they're starting promotion for Pinkie Pride really early. We got our first clip from that and still don't have one from this week's episode.

[spoil]" Birthdayversary "

I guess we'll see some theories about Birth Order now.

Of course Weird Al's singing voice is better than his speaking voice.

Getting some Party of One vibes from this episode. Could be excellent. [/spoil]

PokeMaster366

Well, it looks like the second key has been revealed today in "Rainbow Falls". It seems like with every additional episode including the Wonderbolts, the Wonderbolts get shown in a progressively more negative light, and once again, Rainbow Dash straightens them out. Does anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that Rainbow Dash will become the leader of the Wonderbolts one day? They need someone that can keep them in check.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
[spoil]I like how Twilight was written here. She clearly knew the solution, but she wasn't going to order Rainbow Dash around. I also like how Fluttershy was written, and that she was actually shown to be competent during the qualifier.

I don't think any of the other girls absolutely needed to be there, though. I guess they're mandatory for Key episodes.

There's been a bit of a controversy over Spitfire's character -- but I thought she was in character here. She's a product of her environment which encourages being the best. I'm sure if she were raised in a less competitive town like Ponyville she'd be a nicer pony, but she wasn't. I kind of view her as the pony Dash could've been if she didn't move to Ponyville.

Goodness why didn't they just use ol' Wall Eyes over Bulk in the first place? Apparently she's not only good enough to qualify but good enough to fly on Point. Is there some kind of quota that demands that a stallion be on each team?

That ... actually seemed to be the case on the podium. Well then.

So yeah. Rainbow Dash got her key in a completely predictable way. I did like how she tried to worm her way out of actually making a decision at first. [/spoil]

Does anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that Rainbow Dash will become the leader of the Wonderbolts one day?

I think Rainbow Dash will realize that she doesn't need to be on the Wonderbolts to be a great pony and ultimately abandon that aspect of her dream. In fact, that seems to be the way all of the girls dreams from the Grand Galloping Gala seem to be going.

Rarity may never marry a Prince but she will probably find true love one day.

Applejack may never get rich selling cider apples but she still has her integrity.

Kindness doesn't always work, so Fluttershy will have to assert herself from time to time.

Pinkie can't party all the time, but at least she isn't incompetent when it comes to being responsible.

Even Twilight. She's sort of grown apart from depending on Princess Celestia and has learned to stand on her own.

It's not necessarily a dream dying so much as a dream changing.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Wow, they seem to love making the Wonderbolts look like huge assholes lately. It's like the only way to make Rainbow Dash look good is to have characters that are even worse.

Also, pony cheerleader fanservice FTW

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Soarin wasn't a complete tool like the others. I'm inclined to think it's because he's a stallion and they have a bit of an inferior complex in Equestria.

Fleetfoot though ... I just wanted to punch it.

WildHennaCharizard

Well, it looks like the second key has been revealed today in "Rainbow Falls". It seems like with every additional episode including the Wonderbolts, the Wonderbolts get shown in a progressively more negative light, and once again, Rainbow Dash straightens them out. Does anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that Rainbow Dash will become the leader of the Wonderbolts one day? They need someone that can keep them in check.

In all honesty after all the crap the Wonderbolts pulled in this epi as well as that ep in season three (who title I fail to recall) Rainbow is better off without them!

PokeMaster366

In all honesty after all the crap the Wonderbolts pulled in this epi as well as that ep in season three (who title I fail to recall) Rainbow is better off without them!

And that negative attitude they showed in today's episode and "Wonderbolt Academy" is exactly why Rainbow Dash needs to become their leader. The Wonderbolts need someone that can keep these victory-hungry pegasi in check. They've already showed their own ineptitude as both an Air Defense unit and teachers in "Secret of my Excess" and "Wonderbolt Academy", respectively. The latest episodes involving them (starting from Wonderbolt Academy) show that the Wonderbolts are more concerned about getting star members for their group and putting on a pretty face for their sponsors than they do about setting a good example for other pegasi and contributing to Equestria. We all saw how quickly both Spitfire and Fleetfoot were willing to cut Soarin from their relay team like a nasty scab when he got injured. If RD didn't give them that talk near the end, they likely would've pulled the same stunt. It's obvious that the Wonderbolts need to be under new management, and RD is the ideal pegasus for the role. She's the only one fit for the role if the idea is to make the Wonderbolts into a more respectable symbol like Twilight needs to become.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I wouldn't call someone who was willing to fake a serious injury to avoid making a pinch decision an ideal leader.

Rainbow Dash still has a lot of growing to do. She's come quite a way from the lazy, blunt, egotistical pony she was in the earlier seasons but she's not quite there yet. Dash is still pretty self serving. She tries her best when it benefits her and isn't always on board with an idea when it benefits others.

A true leader has to be selfless and put the needs of those who need her before her own; something that Twilight struggled with in the few seasons before and after her ascension.

PokeMaster366

I wouldn't call someone who was willing to fake a serious injury to avoid making a pinch decision an ideal leader.

Rainbow Dash still has a lot of growing to do. She's come quite a way from the lazy, blunt, egotistical pony she was in the earlier seasons but she's not quite there yet. Dash is still pretty self serving. She tries her best when it benefits her and isn't always on board with an idea when it benefits others.

A true leader has to be selfless and put the needs of those who need her before her own; something that Twilight struggled with in the few seasons before and after her ascension.

And now that Twilight has become a princess, she's going to need to be more willing to deal with people she doesn't like to be around as much. I bet Discord is only acting sick in "Three's a Crowd" because he and the Mane 6 are supposedly "friends", but still don't treat each other as such. They don't hang out, they haven't made efforts to learn more about each other, and the princess who is supposed to be a bridge between the races of Equestria would sooner want to hang out with another princess that she knows like the back of her hoof than learn more about a being that can potentially put Equestria in ruin again. Her favoritism is keeping her away from her royal duties...but this is all just a hunch from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.