• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
All the changelings were expelled from ponyville

Changelings were only effectively banned while Shining Armor's barrier was active which -- wasn't very long at all, actually. It also also really reached the borders of Canterlot. Any Changelings that weren't in Canterlot right at that time were probably not banished.

Even so, Changelings could come back to Canterlot after the wedding since Shining Armor took down his barrier and ultimately moved to be with Cadance.

And yeah, what's up with that Changeling?

Seemed to be Cranky's friend.

Personal Headcanon is that Changelings really do live in Equestria and are tolerated so long as they aren't malicious. They're just disguised as something else most of the time.

WildHennaCharizard

Princess Spike episode thoughts:
Aww yes the classic kept everything quiet while a char sleeps trope

Are the dragon sneeze flowers supposed to kept dragons away? Cause the way a dragon sniffs them and sneezes seems more of a hazard if you bring full sized dragons in...

look katie cooks and Andy Price ponysonas

Ok I think we have enough Spike goofs up and learns a leason episodes can we now see him do more.

Mister_SGG

I know the episode aired like a week ago, but I've only just seen it. For a Spike episode, it was pretty good I guess. They still recycled the "Spike feels inferior in some way" plot which is beyond tiresome at this point but there were some nice touches in the episode that made it worthwhile:

- Sleep deprived twilight was heart-attack-inducing levels of cute
- Cadance got to flex her babysitter instincts while keeping an eye on Spike
- All the ponies putting the statue back together was heart warming

So yeah I'd say it's a solid 6.5/10. Episode ranking thus far:

Slice of Life
Make New Friends but Keep Discord
Castle Sweet Castle
Tanks for the Memories
Lost Treasure of Griffonstone
Cutie Map
Princess Spike
Bloom and Gloom
Appleoosa's Most Wanted

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I've been on vacation and just got back. Caught up.

Princess Spike was pretty bad ... and seems to be adding to mounting evidence that the Target Audience doesn't like male characters as much as the female leads. Spike episodes seem to always do bad in the ratings and this was the worse yet. Discord also doesn't usually bring in an audience.

I actually like Spike and this was some of the work I wanted him to do for Twilight since he was, you know, her assistant and should be assisting in the Princess-stuff, but how it went down kind of rubbed me the wrong way. First, I think that ponies over-reliance on Princesses to make decisions in the first place doesn't bode well for the Kingdom since they always seem to be one disaster away from losing all of their Princesses. Second ... they were kind of stretching when it came to spinning that this was somehow wrong. It just rubbed me the wrong way since that's pretty much how the other Princesses are treated.

Oh, and more fodder for the " other Princesses are useless " canon. I mean ... I actually like that Cadance is appearing more and this is I think her second of three in a row but she totally could have prevented this. I guess she wanted to just teach Spike a lesson at the cost of endangering many innocent lives.

I call that Celestia-itis.

Now for this week's episode!
[spoil]It was better. We got something similar to Maud Pie in that the girls tried to introduce the Yaks to their own individual brands of friendship with mixed results. Then we learn that the problem was approached from the wrong angle and everything's fine. It seemed like the only reason Celestia was there was because she might not be appearing in next week's episode and its a crime to have Cadance and Luna appear and not her, but we'll see.

I also might be remembering wrong, but I think Pinkie Pie's hideout was foreshadowed in some kind of toy set. If that's the case we might be seeing this come up again as a plot point. [/spoil]

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I'd say Mongolia since Yaks are native to that region.

I have to admit. I felt kind of slump-ish about pony lately.

This ... snapped me out of the slump.

[spoil]Okay. I can get down with the Premise. And Spike actually has a point. For being the Princess of Friendship Twilight doesn't have many friends outside of her Destiny Circle.

Says pack her bags. Arrives in Canterlot without even a saddlebag.

I feel like Twilight forgetting these girl's names will be a running joke.

They dragged Lyra into this didn't they?

I actually like that none of Twilight's friends are making a big dramatic deal over this, but that makes me wonder what direction they're going with this.

A Twilight recolor!

Ah, it's Moondancer. She looks a bit different in the comic.

Oh ... snap ...

Twilight might've been onto something when she offered to help Moondancer study, but then she derailed it.

Socially Awkward Dinner is Socially Awkward.

... I wonder how much they charge for carrots prepared like steaks. In Canterlot, even.

EDIT: Missed this during the live episode. Take a good look during the Dinner Scene.

Geeze ... it's been a while since I've felt feels (Moondancer at the party).

Nothing like Pinkie Pie to starve off the feels.

You would think Twilight would develop a spell for summoning her friends when she needs it. They did use a spell exactly like that to summon Discord one episode. And now they have the map that selectively summons them, so reverse engineer that?

How to Catch a Nerd.

... and how to trigger PTSD in a Nerd.

And there we have it. An episode that makes me feel for the feel of Season 1 again. I thought something that was missing from the show for quite a while was Twilight actually learning something and being humbled by it. This one showed that even though she has the Title she still has some growing to do, which is what I wanted. [/spoil]

Last edited:
[spoil]I didn't really see any point in mentioning that Lyra was one of Twilight's old friends she wanted to set things right with if she didn't even show up among the other three (not including being in that photo Spike gave to Moondancer, I mean there, in the flesh)
[/spoil]

An00bis

Wicked Witch
[spoil]Twilight has time to make it up to Lyra when she gets back to Ponyville ...

... now that she's aware that Background Ponies are ponies with feelings and whatnot.

But really that felt like some subtle pandering for the older fans.[/spoil]

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Seems you'll be having a bit of a wait.

Our hopes and dreams have been crushed by a statement confirming that Friendship is Magic will be going on hiatus. Originally, they announced that Friendship is Magic Season 6 will start by the end of 2015. If they split the season evenly that means this Saturday's episode will be the last until who knows when.

That would explain why information sort of dried up. We hadn't gotten any official (non-leak) confirmation on episodes, air dates, or summaries on any episode after this Saturday's.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Seems you'll be having a bit of a wait.

Our hopes and dreams have been crushed by a statement confirming that Friendship is Magic will be going on hiatus. Originally, they announced that Friendship is Magic Season 6 will start by the end of 2015. If they split the season evenly that means this Saturday's episode will be the last until who knows when.

That would explain why information sort of dried up. We hadn't gotten any official (non-leak) confirmation on episodes, air dates, or summaries on any episode after this Saturday's.

What the actual ****? Did the ratings tank this season or something?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
There has been a notable drop in viewership since The Hub became Discovery Family. It seems that they cut back on advertising/marketing the show. To that point; this week's episode will premier in about 12 hours and all we got was an still image drowned in the wave of Comic Con Stuff. No trailers. Very little hype on the official channels.

I don't think that's what caused it, though. I think it simply wasn't ready.

Still, we got some good amount of stuff for the Later Half of Season 5 from Comic Con.
Everything down here is obviously spoilers:

[spoil]Season 6 is still in production. They're in the recording stage now.

You-know-who confirmed to return for the you-know-what. Time Travel will likely be involved.

The plot for the finale is dropped during the interview.

Seaponies deconfirmed.

Sunset Shimmer's hypothetical Element: Empathy

They're interested in working with Derpy and Whooves, but not in a parody of Dr. Who as to avoid infringement.

First Half of Season 5 hits Netflix at the end of the month ... pretty much confirming tomorrow's episode will be the last for now.

Discord confirmed for Equestria Girls. We also got Cadance earlier this week if you missed it.

Fluttershy's first relative will appear later in the season.

Hearthwarmers pretty much confirmed to be an Apple Family/Christmas Episode.

A plot involving the Mane 6 confronting their fears has been confirmed. That's presumably " Scare-Master ".

And ... we get my favorite part which is a beautiful song in the second animatic. Also it has to be kind of rough being an adult pony without a Cutie Mark. [/spoil]

Saturday:

Here it is, folks. Our mid-Season Finale and the last episode before the hiatus.

Oh boy did it deliver the goods.

[spoil] ... what?

It's weird that they only recycled some of the footage from the Princess Twilight Sparkle transformation of Nightmare Moon.

Oh look. Rainbow Power.

And with their ability to go Rainbow at will we have gone full DBZ up in this little girl's cartoon.

Yes Spike. You are unimportant.

Geeze. For wanting to utilize Celestia more (Comic Con Interview) they sure do make excuses not to utilize her.

" There is nothing my sister can do " ... to the surprise of nopony.

Ah. I see where this is going. It'll take about 10 more minutes to get there, though.

STOP NOT HELPING, PINKIE.

Bait. That is bait, Fluttershy.

So unsurprisingly Luna fails -- and is a dramatic ham about her failure.

YOU ARE REALLY NOT HELPING, PINKIE.

I feel like the girls taking time to help the townspeople even though they're not really in danger in the Dream World is a homage to Marvel Movies.

Almost-Princess Big Mac!

OH! + This is Amazing

For those who missed it, Mac's Transformation and Music are a homage to Sailor Moon which was one of the big inspirations behind Friendship is Magic

The thing with Spike was a cute throwback

Pinkie tells ponies to help. Does not contribute to the battle despite her wild imagination.

I thought Rarity using her Power Pony Power but not transforming was an error, but then I realized that this was the Dream World so it's technically possible

tl;dr version - Stop hitting/hating yourself, Luna.

Some part of me wishes that now that Princess Luna has apparently forgiven herself we will never have to deal with the Nightmare Moon Angst again ... but then I remembered that children's cartoons don't really work that way. [/spoil]

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I would say a lightbulb shaped like an exclamation mark inside Angle Brackets --

-- but then I remember I'd be a Zebra.

ANYHOW, it seems like the hiatus might be over in September. Some new summaries have come in from a reliable source:
[spoil]Episode 14 - Canterlot Boutique

Rarity's dream of owning a boutique in Canterlot finally comes true, but it comes at a price Rarity may not be willing to pay.

Oh, a Sweetie and Elite rehash.

Episode 15 - Rarity Investigates

Rarity must prove that her friend is innocent when Rainbow Dash is accused of a crime that she did not commit.

More excited for this one, though, but only because two people suggested something I thought would be neat.
1. That it's a Red Herring and Dash actually is the culprit
2. That it's about the Weather Factory (Tanks for the Memories)

It seems they are going to air Scare Master out of order. Presumably it will be the Halloween Episode. [/spoil]

Status
Not open for further replies.