• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic- The Battle for Tambelon

DVB

Philosopher Knight
It was mere months after the defeat of the shadow of the late of King Sombra. The Crystal Empire returned to normal and the ponies moved on with their lives. The young dragon Spike was rewarded for his courage and Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor watch over the Empire. As the Empire reconnected with the frigid northlands and spread out, it seemed as if things were going to last pleasantly.

However, he has appeared in the nightmares of ponies and said his master would come for them. He would come for Equestria. Princess Celestia and Luna prepared themselves and the bearers of the Elements of Harmony for the battle to come. However, the being that arose was from ancient time. From before the ancient times... For this dark and sinister being came from a world before the current one. He was from the 1st World. He was the greatest practioner of magic and one of the largest threat the world has ever faced.

The Demon Ram Necromancer.

Grogar.

Despite having remained dormant and time-locked for several millinea, he sooned learned of his student's demise and saw a brand new world to conquer. Now that the legendary warrior of another world was no longer around, he stood a powerful chance of winning. However, he has grown wiser and his powerful dark magic has grown even stronger since then. After sending his spy Bray on the town, he decided he needed to take care of the Elements of Harmony. And so he set a trap for them. In the small forest town of Sunnydale, he manipulated the lifeforms there and used it as the basis to create an undead legion. After a filly wandered in and he saw the results, he was initially displeased.

Until the bell rang. The bell of his beloved city, Tambelon.

The city rose above and the small town of Sunnytown was in the center. Free of their curse, they swore their loyalty to the dark one, who used his magic, amplified by the bells, to turn them into forgotten monsters.

The Vukodlak.

Undead vampiric horse-wolves, he once again tripped the Bearers of the Harmony and succeeded. He transformed into Vukdolak and his brainwashed subjects. Having created dark counterparts to their elements to amplify his own power, he waged war and sealed Celestia and Luna into the moon. Cadance and Shining Armor hold their best, but it seems all is lost.

But there is Hope.

There is always Hope. In the forgotten chambers of the Crystal Palace library, laid a book on forgotten artifacts. Discovered by the survivor Spike the Dragon...

A counterpart to the Elements of Harmony... the Fundamentals of Unity...

Humility, Forbearance, Forgiveness, Perserverance, Integrity and Hope...

As the locked Elements glowed, the Fundamentals reacted and have gradually made their way to the ponies who would wield them. The one ones who would free the Princesses, free the ponies, free Tambeleon and defeat Grogar once and for all.

Do you have what it takes? To accept this gift, unite with those who would become like brother and sister to you? To outsmart the dark one and defeat him?

Of course you do.

Now go forth courageous heroes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Is everypony ready? Then here we go! The Fundamentals call for you in your Dreams. You see them in the distance... in the Golden Oaks Library and Emergancy Shelter.

--------------------------------------------------------

Fringe Truth (DVB)
Bearer Of Perseverance
Sleepy Pines Inn- Sunrise

Fringe Truth awoke. However, his head instinctively turned toward a place in Ponyville. He sighed before he went over to put on his trenchcoat and hat. His Order told him to go to Ponyville to check on the Elements. Next thing he knew, an ancient evil was coming and had turned them into ancient monsters. Without the Princesses, the country is held by the union of mayors and bureaccurats along with help from the Crystal Empire. In fact, one surprising member that was an active community leader was Zecora the Zebra. They were doing better than what other nations expected of the ponies. The Griffin kingdoms were amassing volunteers to help out in Equestria as well as preparing for war should the impossible occur.

It's been a month now. Fringe Truth sighed before realizing enough was enough. Whatever was calling him was for a reason and he needed to find out why. He began making his way to Ponyville. it was still the same town it was, albeit more fortefied along with some guards and signs posted. He looked up and saw it was cloudy.

He saw the Carousel Boutique, temporarily closed and that Sweet Apple Acres was also not doing as well. He sighed, hoping he could do something to help bring the Element Bearers back. Undeterred, he still headed to Golden Oaks Library.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
OOC: Do we have a map we're using...? this one is supposedly a scan of an 'official' one:
http://austiniousi.deviantart.com/art/HD-Map-of-Equestria-Official-319045269
Alternately, I could also clip some screen-shots of the one from the Android Game... which shows sweet apple acres as a separate location from Ponyville.

Thunder Wing
Thestral - Integrity
Not far from Sweet Apple Acres - Sunrise

Thunder groaned and rolled over. A stick poked her in the back, and she yelped. She'd hidden from the rising sun in the bushes, since she was used to sleeping inside were it was almost as dark during the day as the night her kind preferred to live in. But she kept waking up. Her dreams seemed to want her to go to Ponyville, to the Golden Oak's Library. That was newly built, right?

Of course that was simply foolishness. Dreams were just dreams. She knew she was close to Ponyville, to the library, and she'd observed changes in the magnetic fields as of late. Everything was easily explained as to why it would be in her dreams. Scientifically explainable even.

Still, she wasn't getting any sleep, and she wasn't very comfortable. Guh. Thunder sighed and got up. She pulled down her flight goggles to block what sun they would, adjusted her cloak, and looked towards town. At least the library wouldn't be so brightly lit, and maybe she could stop for a snack on the way.

Blue Moon
Zebra - Forgiveness
Zecora's Hut - Sunrise

Moon paced softly in the small guest room. The dream bothered her, though she couldn't really remember much of it, so she wasn't really sure why it bothered her. She peeked into the main room. Zecora was working at her cauldron, brewing yet another difficult potion. Moon moved out and placing her front hooves on the brim of the cauldron looked in. Zecora glanced at her and returned to rummaging through her supplies.

Moon knew the disappearance of the princesses was weighing heavily on her, and that the pony folk, Mare Mayor included, were looking to Zecora for help. She felt guilty wanting to discuss something as trivial as a nightmare. Wait, was it even a nightmare? She fished around for something else to talk about, the potion, “Another brew?”

“Another brew, it is true. Sweet Apple Acres is suffering without dear Applejack, hopefully this will help until she gets back,” announced Zecora, before pulling some dried red flowers of her supply shelf. Well, that was boring, decided Moon, “So, you're making fertilizer?”

“Yes...” muttered Zecora. She then took a large wooden spoon and started to stir the mixture. She'd didn't say it, her expression suggested to moon that she knew the brew was not what she had come to talk about, as she was rarely up by sunrise.

“Okay, I had this dream, well... eh, it's stupid, I don't even remember all that much,” muttered Moon, “but something was telling me to go out to Ponyville.”

“In my experience young filly, dreams are rarely silly,” replied Zecora, looking into the cauldron, “My advice, to Ponyville depart, to see if things then sit better in your heart.”

“Ahh! Thanks!” enthused Moon, feeling vindicated. She dashed into the other room to grab her saddle bag and started to stuff some supplies into it. Ponyville was close by, but ever since the rise of Grogar... well, best be cautious.

Last edited:

Tangeh

((I'm pretty sure Sweet Apple Acres is meant to be at the edge of Ponyville, judging by that map and the view of town from the CMC clubhouse.))

Indigo "Indi" Knight *fix'd lol I thought that was weird but I didn't question it
Forbearance
Ponyville Apartments - Apartment #214 - Sunrise

Indigo stared blearily into her morning coffee. Her short pink mane was a mess, and her purple glasses continually threatened to fall off of her face every time her head drooped. A silver glow encompassed the mug as she levitated it to her lips and downed half of the bitter liquid in one gulp. She groaned and set it aside. "More coffee..." she muttered, her eyes half-lidded as she wobbled back to the coffee-maker to refill her mug. She tipped the pot near vertical without realizing she hadn't finished the entirety of her first mug, and nearly scalded herself as it overflowed onto the floor. She sighed and placed the pot and mug on the counter before levitating a kitchen rag to clean it. "This is what I get for not sleeping..."

Well, that wasn't exactly true. She had slept - for a grand total of thirty-eight minutes. Another recurrent dream of the Golden Oaks Library had simultaneously woken her up and prevented her from falling back to sleep. It was just so odd. She had no need of any books right now, and there wouldn't even be anypony there to talk to. A horrible tragedy had befallen the element bearers - perhaps that was the cause? Indigo hadn't come to any reasoning even after wondering about it for the majority of the night.

She levitated her coffee mug again - it was too full now to add cream, so she just drank it black - and carried it with her to her chessboard. She had been working on something before she went to bed, and had intended on continuing once she had woken up. She sipped at her coffee, and flipped through her notebook. "Right... right..." She placed the mug beside her and lit up her horn. "White pawn to E4, black pawn to E5 - " She moved the pieces with one hoof and pushed her glasses up with the other. "Knight to... to... F3..." Her horn's glow suddenly changed from silver to scarlet, and she blinked at the chessboard. "The black pawn's in danger... uh, I thought I was playing white?" She leafed through her notebook and yawned widely. "Maybe I was playing black... ugh, I don't remember..."

Indi shook her head lightly and downed the rest of her coffee. It didn't matter - she could redo the game after the caffeine kicked in. Some fresh air would probably do her some good in the meantime. She fixed her mane in the mirror and decided maybe it would be best to go to the Golden Oaks Library after all. It couldn't hurt, and she was all for a good night's sleep. Indigo trotted outside, magically locked her apartment door, and headed in the direction of the library.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
OOC: I don't think your supposed to put your username in parenthesis next to your characters name. That was likely a copy/paste error.

Happy Golucky
Hope
Ponyville Apartments - #215 - Sunrise
(I only decided now that Happy and Indigo will be neighbors. xD)

Happy Golucky was standing in front of an oven waiting for his cupcakes to finish baking. Once the timer went off, he threw a hoof up. "Yay, it's done!" He pulled out a cupcake pan holding thirteen chocolate cupcakes out of the oven, and sniffed it. "Mmm, These came out great!" He carried it over to the window, and set it down by the windowsill to let cool down a little bit. Once it was it cooled to a more reasonable temperature, he could start applying frosting and other toppings to make this cake really look nice.

It was ridiculously early in the morning for Happy to be up, but here he was baking Cupcakes. He had a weird dream about the Golden Oaks Library they had just built, but he had no idea why, Happy wasn't the type of pony to sit around reading books all day, so why would he dream about a library? Now, he couldn't get back to sleep, so he decided to get some baking done to pass the time. After he saving bits from his job, he moved out, and rented his own apartment that was still close to where his mom and sisters lived. Although it sometimes got lonely living on his own, he did like being able to do things whenever he wanted; Like get some baking done without bugging his family members.

Happy didn't really have much to do today. It was his day off, and regardless, business at the Sugarcube corner has been slow after ponies started disappearing. No one was having any parties, which mean few ponies came in ordered any catering or bought any cakes. Ditzy Doo still ordered her usual muffins every day though, so the place wasn't completely desperate for business. Not to mention everyone in town was on edge, and Pinkie Pie wasn't around to make them laugh. Some ponies have become very irritable. He could understand their sentiments though. He'd be scared too if there was a chance myself or my loved ones could disappear. Regardless, he still came in for work like always. When times were tough, there was nothing like sweet treats to lift your spirits.

As Happy waited for his cakes to cool, he quickly grew impatient waiting. "You know, I think I'm going to visit the library after all. There must be a reason why I've been having dreams about it. Who knows, maybe I can find a new baking magazine while I'm there." So, Happy picked up a pink saddlebag, trotted outside, locked his apartment door with the key in his mouth, and headed in the direction of the library.

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Sorry for taking a few days. Hopefully my delay hasn't killed this.

Fair Deal
Humility
Deal Family Home Guest Room - Sunrise

Fair Deal was still sleeping. The only window in the guest room was boarded up, so it was impossible to tell that the sun had risen. But Fair Deal was having odd dreams. That new Golden Oaks library and Emergency Center was the focus of his dream. Actually, it was the entirety of his dream, just a focus on it like some sort of photograph. Fair Deal didn't even know why. He had seen the building and heard about it, but he hadn't visited it yet and barely thought about it during a normal day.

Still, even if he couldn't see the sun, Fair Deal had been asleep for quite some time and woke up. He let out a small groan before setting off to get prepared for the day. Even with everything going on lately and with ponies disappearing, daily live still went on relatively normally for Fair Deal. It was a bit more boring without Pinkie Pie's random, town-wide musical numbers and he had a harder time getting apples, but overall things went normal. After getting a quick breakfast, he wrote a note to his family saying that he was dropping by the Golden Oaks library and Emergency Center.

After making sure the note was set out where it could be seen, Fair Deal decided to set out. The trek to the Golden Oaks library and Emergency Center was not a long one, actually it was only a few streets away. So he set out, still not quite sure why he even felt like going there.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Fringe Truth
Bearer Of Perseverance
On Route to the Golden Oaks Library, Ponyville

Fringe entered the library. It was certainly bigger than last time. It was namely due to the makeshift that the young dragon had made to protect the people. He was seen organizing the books. Spike the Dragon still retained his small size, but looked more mature. He also did not look happy, no dobut due to the loss of his friends, especially his sister-figure and the love of his life to the monster.

"Oh hey, welcome," he said, putting on a false smile. "How can I help? Need a book or looking for someone here?" he asked them. "I don't know. To be honest, I was kinda guided here by a dream," Fringe Truth explained. "You mean, like Princess Luna?" he asked hopefully. Fringe shook his head before he turned. He saw that there were five more ponies. Spike counted them with his clawed finger.

"I-I'll be right be back. Gotta check something important!" he stammered before he sprinted up the stairs. The sounds of tumbling and papers flying meant he was looking for something. "I take it you were all led here by the same mysterious vision?" Fringe asked them as they all came in.

Tangeh

Indigo "Indi" Knight
Forbearance
Golden Oaks Library (Ponyville)

When Indigo had reached the Golden Oaks Library, she took a moment to greet Spike (the poor thing looked lost without Twilight), then busied herself by sorting through the shelves of books. She didn't have anything specific that she needed, and was beginning to question her decision to come here in the first place. The books were even better organized than usual, surprisingly. Indi suspected that Spike had a bit too much time on his claws.

Indigo levitated a book on foalhood education methods and began sifting absently through it. She had less tutoring work nowadays as fear prevented parents from allowing their children to stray from home, but it was an interesting subject nonetheless. She had barely even read the first paragraph when she heard another pony say he was guided to the library in a dream.

Intrigued, Indigo magically placed the book back where she found it and looked over. To her surprise, there were five others gathered in the small space. They were a diverse bunch, for sure - there was a young zebra, a grey pegasus, a yellow earth pony, a dull purple pony with goggles and a cloak (she couldn't quite tell the race)... and her next-door neighbour Happy, for some reason. Maybe he wanted a cook book? ...at daybreak? ... Come to think of it, why was everypony here so early?

No sooner had the question entered her mind when the pegasus voiced his assumption that the entire group had been led to the library by some sort of collective vision. Indigo cleared her throat and walked over. "I've had recurrent dreams..." she said slowly, her eyes focused curiously on the pegasus. Why did he believe they were all in the same boat? Indi had never heard of such a phenomenon before. She decided not to challenge his logic, but wondered if he had a reason for it. She glanced at the others, awaiting their input on the matter.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Thunder Wing
Thestral - Integrity
Town > Library

Thunder Wing strolled through town. Ponies here just weren't the same as the first time she'd visited. The disappearances probably had something to do with that. The marketplace was down right dismal, not an apple in sight, and Thunder ended up settling on some dried oats. The vendor didn't seem too interested in small talk, but she managed to get him to point the way to the new library.

It was bigger then Thunder thought it would be, more ramshackle too. Peeking inside she found a few ponies, and a small dragon milling about. He looked her way, but she waved kept walking, not sure what she was looking for. She browsed the books randomly, not really finding much of intrest. Not long after, and sixth pony entered, commenting that a dream lead him. The small dragon reacted excitedly, sprinting upstairs, “I-I'll be right be back. Gotta check something important!”

“I take it you were all led here by the same mysterious vision?” asked the newcomer.

“I've had recurrent dreams,” replied another pony. Thunder glanced around, “Well... actually yeah. I thought it was just a dream though.”

Blue Moon
Zebra - Forgiveness
Library

Blue Moon was one of the first ponies to arrive at the library that morning. She gave Spike a hug upon coming in. They were about the same age (idk if this is true, but it sounded good), and both intrested in magic for their own reasons, so she'd thought of him as a friend since coming to Ponyville. Of course, he was constantly worrying about Twilight nowadays, but Moon didn't really know how to comfort him.

She settled down near the section on magic and potions and started to browse the books. Occasionally she'd hear the door open and Spike greeting customers, but for the most part she tuned it out. Until, after a while she she noticed there was conversation going on:
“...recurrent dreams.”
“...actually yeah ...just a dream though.”

Moon got to her hooves, leaving her book behind. There was a group of 5 other ponies gathered in the library. Excitedly she chimed in, “I had a dream telling me to come to the library too!”

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Happy Golucky
Hope
Golden Oaks Library

The first thing Happy did upon entering the library was give Spike a hug. "I'm so sorry about everything that's happened. You must miss Twilight and Rarity so much!" At this point, Spike's crush on the fashionable unicorn was the worst kept secret ever. Happy let go of the small purple dragon once he signaled that the Earth Pony was squeezing to hard and was cutting off oxygen. "Sorry... I can't imagine what you must be going through. Don't worry, I'm sure Twilight, and the others will be back. I don't know how I know that, it's just a feeling. Listen, I know we don't really talk, but... if you need anyone to talk to, or just want some cupcakes, I'll be around!"

After Spike left to go take care of things, Happy then noticed that there were five other ponies in the library as well. A bunch of different kinds of ponies as well. "Wow, there are lot of ponies here for it being so early in the morning... I wonder what's going on..." Among them was his next door neighbor, Indigo. "Oh, hey Indi!" The red Earth Pony shouted as he frantically waved one of his front legs, then bounced over to where she was. "Heya neighbor! How goes things? Wow, this is a coincidence! What brings you here at this time of day? I don't know exactly why I'm here. I just came because..."

"I take it you were all led here by the same mysterious vision?" Said a grey Pegasus before Happy had a chance to finish his thought.

"Actually... because of that..." Indi and the other ponies then mentioned that they all had dreams that brought them to the library as well. The red Earth Pony started bouncing excitedly. "Really?! All of you had this dream too?! Well, if this isn't a some sort of sign. I don't know what is! What could this mean?" Before anyone could answer that question, something else caught Happy's attention, and he galloped over to the magazine rack. "Ooh, look! The new issue of Bakers Monthly is here!" He then grabbed the magazine off the rack with his mouth, set it on a table, and started to read.

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Sorry about taking so long.

Fair Deal
Humility
Golden Oaks Library

When Fair Deal arrived at the library, four others were already there minding their own business.

"Morning," Fair Deal greeted Spike. The dragon was trying to look happy, but Fair just thought he looked a bit dead inside.

"Good morning," Spike greeted back. "Can I help you with anything?"

"Uh..." the pony tried to think of what he wanted. He just kind of wandered here because it felt right. "I'll just look around, but thanks for the help."

By the time Fringe Truth arrived, Fair Deal was just sitting at a table with an open book in front of him. Fair wasn't even sure what the book was, he was just trying to figure out why he came and hadn't left yet. Sure, he had that weird dream, but it was just a dream.

"I don't know. To be honest, I was kinda guided here by a dream," the newest arrival said to Spike.

Fair Deal didn't mean to eavesdrop, but the library was quiet and the idea of someone else coming to the library because of a dream caught his attention.

"You mean, like Princess Luna?" Spike asked. He actually sounded excited, but Fair Deal knew already that it couldn't be Luna and the poor dragon's soul would be crushed once again. Indeed, the pony talking to Spike shook his head. The pony turned around, but Fair Deal was still looking at Spike to see the dragon's expression falling.

Then the dragon looked over the gathered ponies and started counting. Fair Deal looked around at the others. Happy Golucky, a worker at the Sugar Cube Corner. Fair Deal wasn't close to him but they have talked before when Fair bought from there. That purple, chess playing one, Fair saw her but didn't know her name. Then there was the one who was talking to Spike, Fair Deal didn't recognize him at all. There was also a thestral and a zebra that Fair Deal didn't know. So he knew the name of one other pony in the room and wasn't exactly close to any of them.

"I-I'll be right be back. Gotta check something important!" Spike stammered before he sprinted up the stairs. The sounds of tumbling and papers flying meant he was looking for something.

"I take it you were all led here by the same mysterious vision?" the trenchcoat-clad pony asked the others.

"Yeah," Fair Deal said.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Fringe Truth
Bearer Of Perseverance
Golden Oaks Library, Ponyville

Fringe raised his eyebrows as he heard everypony say that they also were led here by a dream. Footsteps were heard as Spike came down, holding an ancient looking book in one hand and a locked box in another. He placed both of them onto the table before looking at them all, getting their attention.

"I found this in the forgotten section of the Crystal Empire's royal library wing. Twilight never found it... Cadence said it only shows up when it's needed or something like that," Spike said before opening the book. He shows it to a picture of the Elements of Harmony. However, that was just on one page before looking at the other. The other page was taped together and the ink was smudged.

"Looks like somepony didn't want this page to be read," Fringe noted as he looked at it. Spike nodded before he opened the box. There were six stones, carved ornately into gemlets. Everypony felt a chill... there was a strange power coming from them.

"These things... I think they're related to the Elements and maybe they can save Twilight and the others," Spike said as he bit his lip. He shivered slightly. He wanted this to work. He needed this to work.

Fringe took the box and passed it around, everyone automatically taking a stone with them. "What do you guys think?" he asked them. "Oh! Uh.. my name is Fringe Truth, paranormal detective," he said as he realized they haven't introduced themselves yet.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Thunder Wing & Blue Moon
Thestral - Integrity & Zebra - Forgiveness
Library

A couple earth ponies and a pegasus joined the group. Continuing the discussion of their dreams, though the dark red pony got distracted and ran off to grab a magazine about baking. Thunder's gaze lingered on him, before returning to the main group. He was kind of like Pinkie Pie, one of he few ponies she'd meet on her previous visit to town. Come to think of it, she usually saw Pinkie Pie pop up out of nowhere within a few minutes of entering town... she wasn't one of the missing, was she?

The zebra filly beside her seemed anxious. They turned to look as footsteps echoed through the library, Spike was returning, a large book and a locked box in his claws. He explained as he approached, “I found this in the forgotten section of the Crystal Empire's royal library wing. Twilight never found it... Cadence said it only shows up when it's needed or something like that.”

He opened the book to show them, but the page was torn and smudged.

“Looks like somepony didn't want this page to be read,” observed the pegasus. Spike nodded, then opened the box, inside were six gem shaped stones. Thunder Wing inhaled sharply, looking at the strange energy they emitted. She knew the others couldn’t see anything, but she could tell they felt it. Spike continued his explanation, “These things... I think they're related to the Elements and maybe they can save Twilight and the others.”

The pegasus took the box from Spike began to pass it, each pony taking a stone. Moon was so excited she fumbled and nearly dropped hers, while Thunder turned hers over in her hooves slowly, watching the energy. She had no idea what it meant.

The pegasus commented, “What do you guys think? . . . Oh! Uh. . . my name is Fringe Truth, paranormal detective.”

“Ah! I'm Blue Moon!” announced the little zebra, “I'm a rare potions student. Do you think the elements and these stones really have something to do with each other? Oh, oh, are we a detective team now?”

“Well, I'm Thunder Wing,” added the cloaked pony, “If we're working together, I suppose you all ought to know, I'm a Thestral, or Bat-Pony.” She lifted her wings, allowing the cloak to fall off of them. She looked at her stone then back at the others, “So. . . I can see magnetic fields, and how energy and magic affects them. These stones. . . They seem to have a strange energy,” she looked at Spike, “They may indeed be able to help us save your friends.”

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
(OOC: I knew Happy would become the Pinkie Pie of this group. :p)

Happy Golucky
Hope
Golden Oaks Library

As Happy read new cake recipes in the magazine, he heard the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. At first he ignored it, figuring it was just Spike returning, which it was. The Earth Pony only looked up when the dragon opened his mouth to say something. "I found this in the forgotten section of the Crystal Empire's royal library wing." He put an old looking box on, and an equally old looking book on a table. "Twilight never found it... Cadence said it only shows up when it's needed or something like that."

At this point, Happy left his seat and gathered around the table with everyone else as Spike first opened the book. "Well, don't just leave us in suspense. What is it?" Happy jumped up down trying to get a better look, but all he saw was that the book was torn and smudged.

“Looks like somepony didn't want this page to be read,” The gray Pegasus remarked.

Spike nodded before he opened the box. There were six stones arranged neatly inside. Happy felt a chill down his spine for reasons he was not aware of. "Oh, a bunch of rocks. What does this mean?"

“These things... I think they're related to the Elements and maybe they can save Twilight and the others.” Spike explained. He seemed nervous about saying it.

Happy only replied with a sheepish, "Oh..."

Then the gray Pegasus took the box and passed around it's contents, everypony took a stone. Happy picked up the first one he saw in his mouth, "What do you guys think?" he asked them. "Oh! Uh.. my name is Fringe Truth, paranormal detective."

After the Bat-Pony introduced herself, Happy said something but it was unintelligible because of the stone in his mouth. After realizing that trying to talk while carrying something in your mouth wasn't the best idea, he put the stone down on the table, and turned to Thunder Wing, bouncing excitedly. "Cool! I've never seen a Bat-Pony in pony* before! That would make sense, I read that you guys come out at night most of the time, and I'm more of early bird." Then he turned to face everyone else. "Ahem, my name is Happy Golucky. Pleased to meet ya. Um... I'm just a baker, nothing too special, but I do love my job!"

*This should be "in person", but there are no people. :p

Tangeh

Indigo "Indi" Knight
Forbearance
Golden Oaks Library (Ponyville)

Indi glanced up as Happy came bouncing toward her. He was rival only to Pinkie Pie in sheer friendliness, from what she had learned from living next to him. She knew she wouldn't have to go to any great effort to satisfy his questions. "Hello, Happy. I'm fine. Yes, it is quite the coincidence. I don't know either," she said in one continuous sentence in response to his own ramblings. He quickly got distracted by the others, and Indigo looked over in time to see Spike open a book containing five different stones.

Indigo levitated one of the stones and curiously inspected it. These things had the power to save Twilight and the others? The others introduced themselves one-by-one - Indigo was intrigued by the thestral, considering how rare they were, but opted not to voice her curiousity to avoid making the stranger uncomfortable (her gesture was immediately rendered mute as Happy leapt in to voice his own lack of experience with thestrals. She felt she should have seen this coming). "My name is Indigo Knight..." Indigo said, not taking her eyes off of the mysterious stone. "Class A chess player. You can call me Indi if you'd prefer." "Indigo Knight" only served to remind her of her roots with the Canterlot guard, which was not who she was. At least the chess community figured she was named after the chess piece...

Thunder Wing seemed confident with her deduction. Indigo wasn't sure how thestrals could do such things, so she cleared her throat lightly. "If I may ask the obvious question..." She adjusted her glasses and looked to Spike. "How are these stones meant to save Twilight and the others?"