• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Lovely Ego [PG-13 Franticshipping]

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Morgri-She did take it bad huh? XD Next one is no where in sights.

Aquakirbyyoshi-In answer to your question... *puts pinky to corner of mouth* Meybe. XDXDXD Blue rox mah sox. I didn't get to use your character, I'm sorry, so I'll be using her in the next chappie. ^_^ Which means she'll have a larger cameo! *gaspeth*

Kojho-Length killed me. Yah, It was originally gonna be TWO chapters, but I thought 'eh what the heck, it'll get me motivated for the next one' and so there you are. You think i did them justice? I think I overdid it on Green...0_0;; w/e. And there's your reason for so many new characters at once. it was originally two chapters. Also, many of these characters only had really short appearances, and are auditioning in my mind for a larger role in the entire story. I know just about as much as you guys do about the next chapter. -_-

Actually, on the lights-go-out, it was originally a TOTALLY different thing, and since it shalt never hit paper...

It was originally going to be like a game that I saw in a chinese soap opera called 'Meteor Garden'. It's my all-time favorite scene! 8D Lemme run through it for yah.

One person stands on stage, and will be the one to turn off the lights. When the lights go off, you walk around until you find someone and kiss them. It's not a mandatory thing to play, as you could easily just stand to the side. But during the soap opera, the girl (saph) bumps into the boy (ruby) and falls on top of him, (even though your not supposed to do that) and there's your kiss. But she hates his guts, and get's really ****** over it and crap, because her crush (red) saw it happen, which is one of the reasons why Sapphire overreacted...otherwise, I present to you the REAL reason why Saph freaked!

...I honestly have no idea....What a great author huh? XD

Next Chapter Progress 0.0% ...Sorry, got de writah's block. But I'm glad you all liked the party! I personally, didn't. ^_^;;

>Cobalt<

Chelc

Nah, the Ruby crying part was not that short at all. It was detailed enough for people to understand what was going on. It was a crying scene after all, so, those usually end up mushy like that. ^^;

--

Whoa, that was longest chapter I have read in a while. But length = awesome x100. So never worry about length ever again! XD

I loved the Blue/Sapphire parts, I liked their bonding throughout the chapter, and their moment about Ruby/Green. I also loved the man-woman/monster introduction between Ruby/Sapphire to everyone. XD That was priceless, along with Gold and his perverted personality, lol. Aww, the kiss was cute and really unexpected! Well, at least I thought so. Sapphire took it pretty hard. :[ SHE'S IN DENIAL! *gasp* I wonder what the gift is...*dies from wondering*

Can't wait for the next chapter! ^_~

aquakirbyyoshi

~The Closet Maniac~
It's okay, I don't think Cammy would enjoy parties anyways. XD Large cameo? :O *surprised* Ahaha... that's so awesome of you! I always wanted a charrie of mine to be in a fic. ^___^; Even if it's only one chapter! XD Thankies. ;_;

But anywhoo, I can wait for the next chappie. ^^ I hate [insert action here] blocks... I usually get my artist blocks. ;_;

Kojho

I thought she had gotten over her crush on Red by the time of the kiss? Oh well, it was long enough that I might have misplaced that. Now that I look back on it, the length was great, and I thnk that you should be set for a while now with characters. Good job, and you'll get through that writers block. For mine, I usually read other fics, or listen to music, which usually inspires me. Completly random, but I always listen to music when I read fics. And if the fic is good enough, every time I hear the song, I think of the fic. Still working on this one. It's definitly good enough, but I haven't found the right song...

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Kojho-Oh, well I have to say this. I personally like 'Phil Collins-Can't stop lovin you' for-okay okay okay. I need to stop giving spoilers, because my inspiration is renewed! *Runs off to type the next chapter*

AquaKirbyYoshi-Yeah, Cammy may not be added until the one after this chapter...it all depends on how the rest goes out...I may-erm...confuzzled...w/e we'll find out won't we? But I swear she'll be added, I just want it to be a good introduction...*hrmmm...*

Chelc-Yup! That was one of the VERY few things I planned. Blue and Sapphire bondage! XD I actually felt that the gift would be...rather obvious. 0_0; BUT I'M EXTRAMLY GLAD THAT IT'S NOT!!! *hugs* (Gold must be perverted, otherwise he's not Gold! *gaspeth*)

*hugs and kudo's to all readers, even the ones who don't review!*

>Cobalt<

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Wow. Personally as a fan of Franticshipping and Hoennshipping, I'm impressed. But as a critic, I have to agree with Kojho, you introduced too many characters at once and the accidental-kiss-in-the-dark is not the first but it was perfectly done. Your hand in romance is perfect and the potrayal of the characters is amazing. Keep up the good work. I'll be waiting for the next chapter.

Good luck. MWB

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Okay, I truly apologize, but I've been busy as h*ll, and I honestly don't have enough idea's for the next chapter just yet 0_0;;. SO, until I get a little more inspiration, I'll be on a writer's block Hiatus. I'm also diminishing my interest in pokemon ever so slowly, so that's also a negative. Perhap's once I get out of this PPG obsession, I'll be full fledged pokemon fan once more! XD

Sorry about any inconvieniences, but it's not like any of you were hangin' off your seat's goin' OMFG when's this fat b*tch gonna post the next godd*mned chapter?!

^_^ So I guess I'll see ya'll once I get over this groove. My hand is dying as well. I've got issue's with my arm, because we hate each other.

>Cobalt<

Kojho

I for one was hanging on the edge of my seat, I can tell you that. And I believe that this fic is too good to be put down. I went through a similar experience, losing interest in Pokemon. Around last october, I lost interest in everything, anime, manga, fics, I even stopped writing my fics. And that was a mistake. I realized Pokemon had been such an important part of my life for so long, I could not just throw it all away. So I reread/watched everything I owned, then revisited all the old forums. It got my interest rekindled, and after a couple of fics, I was hitting the boards non-stop. Just fight through this rough patch, and don't stop writing, even if it is not this stry, it'll come back to you. Just don't stop this fic, I beg you!
After my rant, do you mind if I ask: what is PPG?

aquakirbyyoshi

~The Closet Maniac~
I know what you mean, I only got into a Pokemon obsession when I got my first Pokemon game, Pokemon ruby in 2004. XD I also liked it before when I was little, but I wasn't really obsessed. My obsession disapeared a bit last year when I got in Codename: Kids Next Door-- but that pretty much.. died, too. DX

But yeah, it's okay. XD (I have to admit, I was kind of like "D00d, when is she gonna update?! ;__;" )

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
^_^ Thankies very very much. I have to put this up though. Next chapter progress 30.59% Done.

*Gaspeth!* Okay, that was really old, but I think I'll listen to my new C.D.'s find a little inspiration. It'll be awhile though, and don't worry, if this thread dies, it'll be reposted. I hath worked too hard to throw it away like my other ones 0_0;;(okay that was a little white lie about my other fics but it doesn't matter)

PPG=Power Puff Girls. Actually, more like an obsession with the RRB=RowdyRuff Boys. Read Bleedman's PPG Doujinshi yet? Yah. That's where it's at.

It won't stop, trust me, but it'll be delayed for a long long time my friends. Because I've got another fic to deal with on SNAFU.

>Cobalt<

EDIT---percent changed

Last edited:

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Okay, I personally hate this chapter as well, as it's slow and boring and blah. But here you go, FINALLY I hath updated.

--------------------------------------------------------------
When Sapphire arrived at the Rustboro Academy, she saw the gym leader, Roxanne as it said on the dirty sign on the front, energetically conversing with two boys. She stood awkwardly as passing students stared at her before continuing on their way.

“And then Brawly freaks out about how my Nosepass could never beat his Makuhita, and I say, ‘I believe I just did.’” Roxanne laughed, and the two boys glanced at each other, laughing weakly, and in a rather forced manner, especially so for the boy with the incredibly baggy clothes and the scar along his face. The laugh didn’t reach his cold blue eyes, as the contemplative looking Absol standing beside him snorted.

Roxanne trailed off, and said, “But it really is good to see you two again, doing anything special for the Elite Four?”

The nicer looking male, clad in mainly black with messy brown hair, smiled and said “No, just hanging out around Johto and Hoenn.” He answered for his friend.

Sapphire yelped as Professor Birch boomed from behind her “CRAZY ELITE TRAINERS!” It was a good natured and very happy tone, but it startled poor Sapphire, who had been unaware of her father’s prescence, so much, she nearly jumped out of her skin.

The two boys sweatdropped, and Roxanne nodded “Hello Professor Birch, what brings you here?”

“Just thought I might check in on my elite trainers before they left again. Oak said he was very impressed.” Birch said proudly, as the two trainers and question seemed too surprised to react accordingly.

The one who had actually responded to Roxanne seemed to jump back to reality as he quickly said modestly “No, the Kanto Elite Trainers were much more powerful then us. I’d hate to fight them.”

“Feh!” Professor Birch said folding his arms “Nonsense. Well anyway, I didn’t come here to debate with you and your crazy modesty, -again- Sapphire, why don’t you meet the Hoenn Elite Trainer’s while they’re here?!” He called, and the girl in question flushed. She was glad she was never required to go to school, as her father was incredibly embarrassing. Everyone was now staring at her.

“Erm…o-okay.” She stammered.

“Toren, Eliadon, this is my daughter Sapphire. Perhaps you remember her?” Professor Birch introduced.

“You mean that little girl who I mistook for a mankey?” Eliadon said casually.

Sapphire flared, but Toren intervened “I’m Toren, and it’s nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too.” She said, thinking about how much Toren and Red could possibly be more alike. Both had messy hair, and a sort of peace-maker attitude “Are you two the only elites?”

“No,” Toren explained “Cammy left already. She doesn’t like to wait for us.”

“You mean you.” Eliadon pointed out, Absol nodding in agreement with his trainer. The Manectric that sat quietly beside Toren stood up from it’s spot and growled at the other pokemon, the hair on it’s neck standing up from the static electricity it was building up. Toren shook his head at the dog pokemon and it reluctantly slunk back to it’s sitting position.

“Yes. Me. Whatever.” Toren said coolly to his companion, who scoffed “Getting your second badge?” He asked Sapphire who flushed and mumbled,

“Norman wouldn’t battle me.”

Eliadon wiped something off his mouth, but Sapphire had the distinct impression that he was really just covering a smirk, or something similar to that.

Sapphire opened her mouth to say something rude and snippy to Eliadon, but Toren unknowingly interrupted and said “Well, we should get going. Maybe we’ll get some licenses from Steven to cross the Hoenn Border into Orre.”

Eliadon merely nodded, before both of them were out the door, with a hasty good-bye from Toren, and a silent glare from Eliadon.

“…Take care!” Professor Birch called after them.

Sapphire fell over at how blind her father could be sometimes.

“It’s too bad really. I was hoping that Cammy might be able to show you her Blaziken. Ruby might’ve been able to see Eliadon’s Marshtomp as well.” Professor Birch shook his head “Well, I’ll leave you to it. I’m to see if I can weasel a license for Blue, Green, and Red. Blue wants to see more of Hoenn, and I’ve gladly voluteered you to be their guide! Or, mainly, Blue volunteered you, but anyhow-“

“What?!” Sapphire wailed.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Contest…in Fallarbor…but then I have to climb Meteor Falls…then there’s also one in Verdanturf…yeah. I’ll go there!” Ruby announced to no one in particular as he stared at the contest poster.

“Wait…that means I have to backtrack to Rustboro…” He said dejectedly as he stared at the map underneath the poster “To the Rusturf Tunnel…Why is this journey so complicated?!”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Are you here to challenge me?” Roxanne asked, folding her arms, as she stood at the doorway to a classroom.

“Yes.” Sapphire answered, all serious now.

“That’s wonderful.” Roxanne smiled “Now here, our preliminary is testing your knowladge on pokemon. Most gyms have preliminaries, but some don’t, such as Lavaridge Town. Let’s get started with this preliminary then shall we?”

She pushed open the door to the classroom and found three trainers. All with overly large hitmonlee, hitmontop, and hitmonchan’s. Sapphire felt her knees give way, but the feeling disappeared when Roxanne lead her to another door, and the three burly trainers continued to spar as though nobody had rudely interuppted them.

“This is where you’ll do your preliminary.” Roxanne said introducing Sapphire to a room that looked…exactly like a walk in storage closet with a desk in the middle.

“Um…so where do I do the preliminary?” Sapphire asked, feeling rather stupid.

“There.” Roxanne said pointing to the small desk as though it was obvious “And here’s your preliminary.”

She placed a three page packet on the desk in front of Sapphire after she’d seated herself in the hard chair.

“You’ve got one and a half hours, and I want complete sentences.” Roxanne nodded and closed the door.

The first thought Sapphire had was ’I’m gonna suffocate.’

The second was ’I wonder if I need a pencil for this’

The third was ’HOLY SH*T LOOK AT ALL THOSE PENCILS!’

Indeed, what lined the walls was what looked like a million different kinds of pencils all in different jars. On one shelf hung a sign that said ‘Please return all pencils to respective jars, after re-sharpening them’.

Sapphire sweatdropped and picked out a torchic pencil. Perhaps it would give her good luck! She spotted a sharpener with the distinct and elaborate ‘D’ that stood for Devon Corp. It was crammed in the furthest corner of the closet and Sapphire looked down at the sheet of paper in front of her.

First Question:

‘What is the basic stage of Raichu?’

Sapphire stared down at it and laughed “What a lame-a*s test!” And she quickly scribbled down the answer.

When she was finally down to the last question, she found a meowth clock on the wall, it’s coin sized eyes turning back and forth with each passing second. The time showed that she had a mere 10 minutes left. But, then again, she was on the last question.

She looked down and saw:

‘What is the time limit for Pokemon Contests?’

Sapphire’s breath caught in her throat as her hand automatically flew to her mouth. But she quickly remembered that Ruby had already left Rustboro. She slowly lowered her hand and sighed, wondering if Ruby had ever mentioned anything about Contests. And so she sat, in various positions, (all a bit strange) trying to remember anything about contests. She’d avoided learning anything about them, as she found them girly and boring.

And yet, another image popped into her mind, refusing to let her concentrate. Torchic, with her newfound nickname. Sapphire with her own, as much displeasure it brought her. Ruby, with an angry blue bruise on his cheek, and herself, running through the deserted streets of Rustboro.

So there she was. Trying to remember something her former companion had said, but somehow, not being able to remember anything but the times that they’d had together. Sapphire flushed and growled “What is with this?!”

“What’s with what?” A dumb voice asked, as the door opened.

A figure leaned against the wooden frame of the closet, a bored and stupid expression on his face.

“None of your beedrill wax.” Sapphire snapped, and the boy put up defensive hands and said

“Dude, no need for the offensive approach…or-I mean- dudette. Roxanne wanted me to tell you times up she’ll grade it tonight, and you’ll come back tomarrow.” He said in a strange slur.

“Er…I didn’t finish.” Sapphire said lamely.

“Sorry dudette, no more time for the prelims.” He said snatching the paper out her hands.

Sapphire groaned and slammed her head down on the desk and with impact yelped, “Ow!”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“I can’t believe this. I have to wait for Roxanne to grade my test? This is ridiculous.” Sapphire grumbled “And what does contests have to do with a gym’s preliminaries?”

“I can’t believe this. I have to backtrack all the way from halfway up to Fallarbor as I totally got PWNed when I tried to climb Meteor Falls.” Ruby stormed “Now I have to go backwards, and then once I get to Fallarbor I’ve got to go backwards again.”

Both stopped in their tracks as their gaze was pulled from the dirty pavement. An odd silence settled itself in between the two as they stood with surprised expressions on their faces, 20 feet from each other. Between the crowds of people though, Ruby saw Sapphire as clear as day, and vice versa.

Sapphire opened her mouth to say something, but before she could say anything, Ruby rolled his eyes and turned onto the path towards the Rusturf tunnel without a word.

She was left with her mouth still open, but this time gaping at his retreating figure in disbelief.

“What a stuck-up fart.” Sapphire mumbled, hooking her fingers onto the edge of her mouth and pulling them apart as she let her tongue hang out after him “Meanie.”

She turned on her heel, ignoring the looks she was receiving from the passerby’s as she stomped back to the pokemon center.

“My boys, you cannot possibly imagine what stress I’m under lately. Two of my newbies are feuding, my third can’t catch up with them, and now they’re all in different places.” Sapphire stopped as she heard her father’s voice behind a restaurant door. Eavesdropping was an unexplainable habit that had developed as she began to learn there was much more to the world other then trees and pokemon.

“Don’t worry about it Professor, we’ve all had our arguments, they’ll deal it out themselves.” Toren’s now familiar voice came as Sapphire furrowed her brow “You should’ve seen how long me and Cammy went without seeing Eliadon for the stupidest reaso-OW!”

Sapphire peered through the glass to see Toren rubbing his shoulder and Eliadon unclenching his fist and saw the boy look up. Straight at her.

She ducked down as fast as someone could with a heart that was going 1,000 miles per hour. And she darted from the scene and swiftly arrived in front of the pokemon center doors. It seemed the only place that she would be calling ‘home’ for a long time. And home is where the heart is as they say.

“Hi Sapphire.” Wally said kindly as he looked up from his booth, a black mask looking thing sitting on the table before him.

“Hi- what’s that?” Sapphire asked, pausing to point at the black…thing.

“It’s a ventilator. A breathing mask. It helps my cough.” Wally said sheepishly, pink creeping on his cheeks “Bad air kills my lungs.”

“Then Rustboro’s definitely not for you!” Sapphire smiled at him and excused herself, eager to throw herself upon her bed, as though it would solve all her problems. She’d be stuck here in Rustboro forever. She stunk at battling. There was nothing more to it.

And so she slowly trudged to the creaky red door. When she realized she’d nearly passed it, she shook her head and rested her hand on the cold brass knob. But…she paused in opening the door.

Was it really so bad?

The annoying voice in her head asked as she lowered her gaze further.

“Yes.” She said, more confidently then she felt as she pushed the door open. Her breath caught in her throat when she saw it was empty. Was she still really expecting Ruby to be lazily lounging on the bunk, chatting with Nana carelessly? She gave herself a quick slap “I’m hallucinating.”

And as she sat down on the abandoned bunk, she longed for something, that was comfortably, not Ruby. How she wished she could be stroking a purring Coco right now. But instead she sent out Chaka, holding the warm bundle of feathers close as the room seemed to suddenly grow cold.

“I thought I could take care of myself. But I’m breaking down and it’s only been a day at the most.” Sapphire muttered down to Chaka who chirped in response “Maybe I’m not so tough.” She said sighing.

Chaka nibbled at Sapphire’s hand sharply, as Sapphire recoiled, snapping, “Alright, alright I’ll stop.”

Chaka cooed, content with Sapphire’s answer as it settled into a peaceful nap on the girls lap.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“What do you mean I can’t go through here?!” Ruby snarled at the construction worker “I didn’t come here from the base of Meteor Falls to be told no!”

“The whismur and loudred are --so to speak, rather angry at our intrusion on their territory.” The man clad in bright yellow explained “They’re creating a-“

“LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUDRED!!!” A pokemon roared so loudly that the ground shook and the cave entrance behind the man vibrated, threatening to fall right upon the man trapped in between a bulldozer, and a very angry Ruby.

His knees clanked against each other as his eyes darted from Ruby to the cave behind him, and said “T-Try tomorrow!” He squeaked as a pebble fell upon his helmet.

Ruby folded his arms and glared, deciding it would be no good today as he stepped aside for the man to run off from underneath the entrance. But the man still kept a close watch on Ruby, making sure he didn’t enter and make even more of a problem for the construction site.

But he did nothing of the sort, wondering where he’d stay for the night. He steadfastly refused to stay at Rustboro’s pokemon center, where Sapphire would obviously be spending the night, but didn’t exactly want to camp out in the dirty outdoors. A hotel would be nice, but to be frank, he just didn’t have enough pokedollars to spare.

Nana walked beside him, bored and lazy from all the walking they’d done, just to receive no results.

Ruby was in a considerably bad mood, as he was fighting with his first and most probably, only friend, he had walked from Rustboro to Meteor Falls just to realize that he had no chance of climbing the stupid cliff, and all the way back here to realize that they were doing construction. Not to mention that Coco hadn’t been entirely pleased to discover that Sapphire was nowhere in sight.

But she wasn’t the only one. Ruby folded his arms as he looked around. This journey was getting quite boring without the hourly arguments.

“Gosh darnit where am I gonna stay tonight?” Ruby asked moodily to no one in particular, earning a scornful snort from Nana as the dog pokemon shook it’s tiny head at it’s frustrated trainer.

--------------------------------------------
*stabs ending*

Again, Toren and Eliadon belong to .:Tempest:. and Deathspector.

Last edited:

aquakirbyyoshi

~The Closet Maniac~
Hmmm, I think it should of been longer.. but eh. XD

“Don’t worry about it Professor, we’ve all had our arguments, they’ll deal it out themselves.” Toren’s now familiar voice came as Sapphire furrowed her brow “You should’ve seen how long me and Cammy went without seeing Eliadon for the stupidest reaso-OW!”

^ I didn't get that part. Ahaha.. ^^; Oh, and I think it's supposed to be 'Cammy and I' instead of 'me and Cammy.'

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Hmm, well I say it looks pretty good for a chapter that had little inspiration. But I guess you could always say that anything can be longer. I was anxious to get that one out because I'd been on delay for so long I felt really guilty. XD

As for that part, Eliadon just hit him before Toren explained the reason that's all. I guess I forgot to add that in my flurry to get to the good part. 0_0

And, you won't see me using "Blah-blah and I" ever, because I personally think it sounds like I'm vomiting right on your lap. XD It reminds me of 'The King and I' and that brings back ever more bad memories. I've used the 'me' instead of the 'I' in many of the previous chapters.

>Cobalt<

aquakirbyyoshi

~The Closet Maniac~
'Hmm, well I say it looks pretty good for a chapter that had little inspiration.'

Good point... haha, I'm just a bit picky. xD

'I've used the 'me' instead of the 'I' in many of the previous chapters.'

Oh, I guess I only noticed that error in this chapter because I did some grammer thing in class that day about "me and blahblah" being wrong. *shrugs*

Kojho

That was pretty good for someone that was about to quit. But on the other hand, it had no excitment or humor or shippyness, no character developent of plot twists, and was basically filler poop. At least your fillers are neutral, somtimes they make me stop reading altogether. And I've got the rest of this fic section to go through. I'm postitive the next chapter will be better.

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Kojho:XDXDXDXD Filler Poop. Now that made me laugh. Well, this wasn't exactly a filler, if you didn't notice, I'm creating friction between the two. See, they both miss each other, but both are too proud to admit it. It's a sort of pride and prejudice thing. <--Yes, I've watched that movie many many times.

Aqua: Yeah, I'm too lazy to type out your entire screen name. -_- But still, I usually only notice errors when I've had lectures on them as well...If even. XD

Next chappie Preview!
-------------------------
“You aren’t nervous are you?” Roxanne asked with a smirk from the other side of the field.

“Oh hoho well aren’t we high on our throne?” I grumbled to myself as I tried to stop my knees from shaking. But I couldn’t blame her, my expression was that of a wish to melt into the ground right then and there. It didn’t help that Chaka was shaking as well.

“Well, let’s get started then. Shouldn’t take too long.” Roxanne casually tossed out a pokeball and folded her arms, getting rather smug at the fact that I had only barely passed the exam, and the fact that I was shaking like a leaf.

-----------------------
Yeah that's about all I've got done so far, but I'm workin' on it. -_-

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
“You aren’t nervous are you?” Roxanne asked with a smirk from the other side of the field.

“Oh hoho well aren’t we high on our throne?” I grumbled to myself as I tried to stop my knees from shaking. But I couldn’t blame her, my expression was that of a wish to melt into the ground right then and there. It didn’t help that Chaka was shaking as well.

“Well, let’s get started then. Shouldn’t take too long.” Roxanne casually tossed out a pokeball and folded her arms, getting rather smug at the fact that I had only barely passed the exam, and the fact that I was shaking like a leaf.

“Nosepass, rock throw!” Roxanne called out as Chaka started to cry, rocks falling all around her as she ran around trying to avoid them.

“Chaka, dodge and use Focus energy!” I called, my voice cracking as Chaka jumped out of the foe’s range, a serious look on her teary face now. And my confidence was nothing less but boosted when I saw Chaka surrounded by yellow flame-like balls with a red glow, billowing up and disappearing.

Roxanne seemed unfazed by this, as it made nearly no effect on her own pokemon, but her next move would definetly make a move on mine “Nosepass, use Earthquake!”

And how I wished that Chaka was a flying type when she was shaken off her feet. Without arms, Chaka struggled to get back up as Roxanne ordered a tackle from her pokemon.

But out of pure dumb luck, when Chaka finally got back up, she tripped backwards again, and Nosepass totally missed!

“What?!” Roxanne cried, as Chaka stumbled back to her feet.

“Yes!” I squealed “Go Chaka use ember!!” I pointed at Nosepass, his massive nose making him struggle to get up just as much as Chaka did.

And as fine orange-red diskette’s flew towards him, the pokemon was helpless but to let himself get pelted by burning disks of compressed fire.

“And now use Peck!” I called out, Chaka jumping deftly towards her foe, stumbling slightly as she landed, but managing to jam her beak onto the Nosepass, knocking it back onto it’s nose.

“Nosepass, use Thunder Wave!” Roxanne said quickly, as a bolt of thunder shot out of nowhere, paralyzing the little chick pokemon into utter frozen stupidity.

As trainer, me, and gym leader, Roxanne, sweatdropped at the scene, one pokemon struggling to get up, and the other struggling to move, I commanded a final blow-Ember!

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

It was merely a blur as the judge held up a green flag, signaling Roxanne’s defeat, a blur as Roxanne placed a badge in Sapphire’s hand, and a blur when she returned to the pokemon center to the cheering arms of her dad.

The blur? Oh that was just tears. Of joy and happiness, and little bit of disappointment. Ruby would’ve been really proud to see her win for the first time…against a real opponent anyway. But as she wiped them away, not even her argument with Ruby would dampen her spirits tonight. And she smiled as she clutched Chaka close to her, spreading warmth to every finger and toe.

“WHOOOO!” Sapphire screamed as someone jumped on top of her, cheering about something “You finally got a badge!!!”

“You’re making a scene again.” Just by the snippy remark and bored drawl, Sapphire knew exactly who the two were. Blue and Green, one in a great mood and the other as sulky as ever.

“Nice.” Red pointed out as Blue made a strange face, pulling both lips apart with her fingers and gritting her teeth, crossing her eyes.

Green sweatdropped and folded his arms, turning away as to pretend he didn’t know her.

“Your dad got us some liscense’s. You have to wait for me and Red to get our badges, but it shouldn’t take too long.” Blue said grinning at me.

“Hey, what about me?” Green asked peevishly “I’m getting a badge too.”

“Really?!” Blue said in mock surprise slapping her hands to her cheeks, “I would’ve never guessed.” She smirked and turned back to Sapphire “He’s been grouchy about me dragging him away from Kanto. The guy gets homesick.”

Green flushed and snapped “What?!”

Red sighed and interferred before another famous fight broke out, saying, “So, why don’t we ask Sapphire what Roxanne’s pokemon are, and what moves they use?”

Green folded his arms and snapped “I already know.”

Vein pop. Blue folded her arms and glared at Green “Oh? Please do enlighten us your greatest bestest majesty.”

“Bestest isn’t a word,” Green started, “But anyway, Roxanne trains stone pokemon, possesses one graveler and one nosepass, weaknesses to water, and grass for both pokemon, and ground, steel and fighting additional weakness for Nosepass. Roxanne is an honor student at Rustboro Academy.”

“Wow, it’s like you’re studying to woo her or something.” Blue stated bluntly, and Green turned red, more out of annoyance then embarrassment.

“I apologize if I like to brush up on information before battles, instead of charging head-on into something with absolute stupidity like yourself.” He said coolly.

“Oh?” Blue said dangerously “Well I’ll have you know that I knew Roxanne had a Nosepass, and my Turtley can beat that rock pokemon any day!”

“It’s a one-on-one battle!” Sapphire piped up “And Nosepass uses Rock Throw, Thunder Wave, Earthquake, and Tackle. That’s all I know of.”

Blue gave Green a smug grin, and dragged Red and Sapphire off to go celebrate, leaving Green to study and prepare strategy for the gym battle the next day, grumbling about how he hated parties and celebrations.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“It’s puny.” Blue said without shame as she stood behind her blastoise, Turtley, as she stifled a laugh. Turtley however, stood looking down at the Nosepass who was more then three times smaller his own size before Blue commanded, “Go Turtley, use hydro pump!”

Whoosh!

Nosepass lay dripping wet and fainted at Roxanne’s feet, who was also soaked to the core as she gaped, more at the fact that Blue had gone to the extent of getting her wet as well rather then the fact that Blue had defeated her in a single move. And the fact that she’d barely gotten a single step of her Nosepass into the battle before it was over. The gym leader in question groaned, knowing she’d be dealing out at least four badges in less then two days as Green stepped up to the trainers box, one of Roxanne’s students letting his Macargo and Pidgeotto act as a blow dryer.

In a very smooth and casual way, Green tossed up and down a pokeball, his eyes showing nothing but his absolute boredom and confidence in his victory. Of course, this very cool action was good enough for the lasses and the female students, who were all whispering excitedly amongst themselves, or squealing to cheer on a boy who was doing little more then ignoring them.

Blue rolled her eyes and folded her arms at these ridiculous attempts to catch Green’s attention, herself knowing the only thing that would even spark a meager interest or a word of acknowledgement towards anyone’s existence would be a girl who was good at battling.

“Geodude!” Roxanne called out, as she was at least half-dry, “Let’s rock!”

“Golduck, Go.” Green tossed out the pokeball, and after a flood of water caused by surf, Roxanne’s geodude lay wet and fainted, blown to the walls behind Roxanne.

Roxanne let out a frustrated cry as she returned her geodude “What is with all these pokemon?!”

“Kanto elite trainer’s Miss!” A girl piped up excitedly, ready to recite facts, just like Green had the night before.

“I know that!” Roxanne snapped in a flurry of embarrassment at being seen defeated so easily as she tossed out another Geodude, Red easily stepping up after Green who sat in silence next to a cheering Blue.

“Ready?” Red asked Roxanne before sending out a towering gyrados.

Roxanne sighed and muttered “As ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Gyara, Hyper Beam!” Red commanded as Green and Blue stood up in confusion. Why not use Hydro pump instead of draining Gyara’s energy? Nonetheless, the giant water serpent made no thoughts like the onlooking duo but instead sent a gold explosion glowing red right at the geodude which was blasted into the ground, the hyper beam pushing the mud and dirt everywhere. When the blinding light had disappeared, Gyara appeared untouched, slightly exhausted, and before him, a hole the size of a snorlax with a simple geodude in the very middle.

“Why’d you do that?” Blue asked, interuppting Green as he opened his mouth to ask the very same question.

Red flushed as he mumbled “I haven’t used hyper beam in awhile and I just wanted to see how strong it was now.”

“Yeah and nearly killed Roxanne’s geodude in the process.” Green said raising an eyebrow as he folded his arms.

“Er-“

And before the foursome knew it, out the door the flew, everyone but Green literally kicked out of the gym and pelted by three badges. Green of course had left before Roxanne had the chance of kicking him out, but still got a dead ringer badge to the head.

“D*mn she’s got good aim.” Blue complained as she rubbed her forehead, red from the impact of Roxanne’s stone badge.

Sapphire managed a weak laugh as she stumbled to her feet, glad the battling for the day was over.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Augh!” Ruby yelled, slapping his hands to his ears as the puny whismur before him opened it’s mouth wide and let out an agonizing cry “Shut up!”

But the comment only made it cry louder, immobilizing Ruby until he was sure he’d go deaf due to the ridiculous pokemon before him.

It didn’t help that Nana was howling in his own pain as he covered his ears with paws that didn’t really help.

“Nana return!” Ruby shouted, though the words were drowned out by the scream of the whismur, but Nana disappeared in a flash of red, making the whismur cry ever louder.

Ruby felt his face go slack as the whismur stopped crying. With wide eyes he stammered something he didn’t even whether or not was a real word or not, but nonetheless, the thing that was coherent, and quite clearly a word was what he screamed next.

“EXPLOUD!!!”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Remind-me-Nana-to-never-catch-a-whismur.” Ruby panted as he leaned against the exit to Rustboro tunnel, the sight of Verdanturf near, though as he stared at it he cursed and knew that it was definetly not worth the trip.

“Remind me to laugh at you when you don’t look so pathetic.” A voice said as Ruby jumped sky high. Could it be? Could be her? Could it be Sapph-Er…No.

“Who’re you?” Ruby asked bluntly.

“Mind your manners before you daddy whips you’re a*s.” The girl sneered, her blue eyes narrowing to get a better look at a dirty and scratched up Ruby. She had chestnut brown hair that reached her shoulders and with her red T-shirt and slightly too-large blue jeans, she had a ‘don’t mess with me’ kind of expression as she stood before Ruby, arms folded.

Ruby scowled and said “Don’t ever-“

“Say anything about my dad, yeah I know.” She shrugged “Norman told me how bad you were at pretty much everything. No need to explain your daddy’s disappointment in you.”

She obviously knew she was poking into tender territory as Ruby flared, Nana bared her teeth and she kept calm.

“No need to get into a big hotflash over it, Professor Birch asked me to find you and make sure you didn’t get eaten by the Mightyena, speaking of Mightyena…” She whistled, loud and clear as the sun reflected off her gold colored necklace, a simply flat disk that resembled a marsh badge.

It was when she brought her hand up to place her forefinger and thumb into her mouth to whistle when Ruby saw the spiked bracelets on either wrist. What a scary girl. She vaguely reminded him of Sapphire in a different, more bold way.

But Ruby’s thoughts were interuppted when a Mightyena came bounding up to the girl, sitting down and waiting patiently for instructions.

“My name is Cammy, and I saw you at the party. Though I sort of ditched Toren and Eliadon, I don’t travel with those two bimbo’s because they’re slow. I’m a Hoenn Elite Trainer, and it would be nice to meet you if you weren’t a newbie trainer.” She patted the Mightyena on the head, straightened up and planted her fists on her hips “Norman says you like contests.”

Ruby had officially deemed the girl ‘talkative’ ‘rude’ and ‘brash’ but he slowly answered “Um…yeah…”

“Good. Cause there’s a contest here next week,” She jerked her thumb over her shoulder and Ruby was sure the spikes on her bracelets would someday stab her, “Right over there in the contest hall. I’m stuck here with you for awhile apparently, so maybe we should drag Toren and Eliadon around too.”

“Who’re they-“

“As I said, Bimbo’s who managed to become Elite Trainers like me.” Cammy said, as she began the walk towards Verdanturf.

“You seem independent.” Ruby started.

“Yup.” Cammy replied.

“And head-strong.”

“Yup.”

“So why’re you helping me just because Professor Birch asked you to?” Ruby asked stopping and folding his arms, showing his demand for an answer.

Cammy turned around, a bored expression on her face as she answered, “Well, wouldn’t you?” And without further ado, grabbed Ruby by the wrist, much like Sapphire used to, and dragged him into Verdanturf, refusing to answer any more questions until they were in the pokemon center.

--------------------
Just me, or did that seem short?

Cammy belongs to AquaKirbyYoshi
Toren belongs to .:Tempest:. whose original name is Kai
Eliadon belongs to DeathSpector

Last edited:

aquakirbyyoshi

~The Closet Maniac~
*Laugh* Cammy is so funny. XD Hehe, she isn't really that talkative, oh well. You potrayed her well anyways, especially she only helped Prof. Birch 'cause she really had nothing better to do. XD Yay for boredom!

Anywhoo, yay! Sapphire finally won her gym battle. n____n! XD Funny when Red almost killed the geodude, and Blue getting jealous of the girls staring at Green. xD

I think this was a funny chappie. ^^ Keep updating. X)

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Thanks so much Aqua, I was really nervous about portraying Cammy, cause when I re-read it I was like 'Dude, she never shuts up...' But I'm glad your okay with it. ^^;; I was also displeased with my portrayal of Roxanne, but I've never seen the episode with Roxanne in it, or seen any scans of her in the manga, so I was really just going by how I guessed she might go about her business.

The battle scene's didn't make me happy at all, because I just hate doing battle's in general, and they seemed a little empty and bland. It's just not something I like to do, and usually, I skim through them as fast as possible. They're all really short battle's, OHKO's, and I felt really lazy after that.

Yes, Sapphire did win her gym battle, which was -er- originally not planned, but due to my extreme laziness and impatience to get out of Rustboro, she did win, so, Hurrah for Sapphire! XD I'm thinking Cammy'll become a little more then just a cameo. ~_^ At this rate anyway, but I only just realized how hard it is to portray other people's OC's, especially when I'm like, 'Crap, this isn't at all like their personalities'. But, still, glad you liked it. I'm good at sarcasm, so expect lot's.

aquakirbyyoshi

~The Closet Maniac~
Well, I read all the summaries of the manga on Serebii. (yes, I spoiled myself XD I never read the manga..) Roxxanne is pretty smart, and a bit arrogant, I think. I know that she relies more on books, tho. XD

Yes, it's really hard to portray OC's.. x_x; I can't even write a little story about my OC's, it's THAT hard. XDD

Oh god, when I do Pokemon fanfics, I never can do battle scenes. I scream in frustration when I can't seem to get it right. XD Yours was okay, but I think it needed more action. In the manga, Sapphire never lost a gym battle (except to Winona, so far). She's really good at battling and.. so short-tempered. I'm a big *** Sapphire fan so PM me if you have questions...

Sarcasm rocks. XD