• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Lovely Ego [PG-13 Franticshipping]

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Aqua:Thankies! OC stories actually work pretty well for me, because I usually bend them a little more out of their personalities. Battles=Blegh.

Anyway, I didn't like this part, but I thought it was cute, so I'm showing it as a 'deleted event', even though it was technically more then half of the new chapter. It's very Oldrivalshipping, so non-shippers beware, as it's mainly the four, Red, Green, Blue, and Sapphire, and Sapphire has little part. And I hate how it's so blunt, but here it is.

------------
Sapphire hated rain.

Green hated rain.

Red hated rain.

Blue on the other hand…

“STOP RAINING YOU GODD*MNED CLOUDS!!!” She screamed at the gloomy skies.

“Blue, could you be a little less-loud?” Red asked “We all hate the rain, and we all know that.”

Blue pouted as she sat back down on the plushy blue couches “But I’m bored.” She whined, her lower lip sticking out pathetically.

“Read.” Green replied simply as he turned a page in his own book, small with miniscule print.

Blue scooted over to Green and leaned her head over so that her head obscured the boy’s vision of the text “The theorum of –something- is often referred to as –how do you pronounce that?- because the process of-“

But before she could voice the next word Green grabbed the side of her head and pushed her away grumbling about annoying people.

“I don’t get it.” Blue said leaning over to read over Green’s shoulder again.

“It’s talking about evolution.” Green said sighing and closing the book, knowing he wouldn’t be able to register any kind of intelligent word with that annoying girl around.

Blue pouted, as she glared at him, a rather pathetic combination Sapphire noted, who was currently lazy, bored, and slightly depressed “I wonder where Ruby is.” She mumbled, too lazy to lift her head to speak coherantly.

Oh yeah, that shut Blue up. Green and Red to boot.

They were still uncomfortable, talking about someone whom they’d seen the reaction of. Sapphire hadn’t had the chance, too eager to leave the ballroom. She still had the dress Blue had gotten. Or, more like, Green had gotten for her. She still hadn’t thanked Green for it. Now would be a good time.

“Oh, thanks for the dress by the way Green.” She added, in her line of random thoughts.

Blue blinked and narrowed one eye in confusion at Green, who looked like a completely different person with wide and confused eyes “You gave her a dress?”

“Er- not that I remember.” Green replied, looking as confused as Sapphire had ever seen him.

“Well the money was yours, so technically you got it for me.” Sapphire shrugged, as she continued to stare out the raining smeared window.

“Oooh.” Green and Blue chorused.

Green shrugged, returning to his book as Blue returned to her close examination of her nails. Red let out a shaky and nervous laugh as he said, “Wow, I thought it meant something totally different, like, you know,-“

“Don’t even say it.” Green snapped, his eyes returning to the narrow glare they were always in.

“Amen.” Blue agreed, slapping her knees as she got up “Well, I’m dying, so I’m going out.”

“But it’s raining.” Red commented, and Blue shrugged.

“Hasn’t stopped me the last time we got caught in the rain. Hey, remember Green’s hair-“

“Let us not talk about me. How about we talk about you if we must talk at all?” Green grumbled.

“Sure!” Blue squealed, “Let’s play Truth or Dare!”

Green choked on something, and flushed, “That’s not what I meant.” He said firmly, trying to concentrate on his book as Blue wheedled away at him.

“Awww, but I’m sooo bored! Pleeease Green?! Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseoh-“

“Fine!” Green snapped, “Whatever.”

“Yay! Truth or Dare Red?!” Blue said excitedly, shaking the shoulder of her friend.

“Um, why am I going first?” Red asked.

“Because you’re too quiet! Even Green is talking more then you today!!” Blue replied, waving her arms around like a madman…woman.

“Yeah Red, do tell us your choice.” Green smirked, putting down his book to give full attention.

“What a great friend I have.” Red spat sarcastically, “Truth.”

“You guys are no fun, but, tell us Red, what do you think of me?” Blue grinned wide and sat cross-legged on the couch, next to Sapphire and across from Red and Green. Sapphire let her eyes turn to show she was paying attention, and Red blushed.

“Who’s being no fun?” Red asked, but he answered nonetheless “I think you’re a great friend, determined, smart, and decietful. All the qualities of a good person.”

Blue’s mouth fell wide open as Green snorted, Sapphire letting out a chuckle.

“Fine.” Blue said, regaining her composure “Your turn to ask anyone Red.”

“Well then I suppose I should get you back.” Red smirked, and Blue’s moth fell open again.

“You wouldn’t dar-“

“So, how do you like Green?” He asked, leaning back, a smug grin on his face as the two people in question flushed.

“The purpose of that question was???” Green asked “Some friend!”

“Oh, hit two birds with one rock!” Red sang, as Blue fumed.

“I think he’s a dirty b*stard who’s got a big ego.” Blue started, a streak of red across her face “I think he’s mean, has a metal heart, and doesn’t care about anyone. He’s selfish, and only likes two people in the world, and that’s you, and Professor Oak. His pokemon to boot, but otherwise, nobody else in the world matter’s to him. That’s what I think.” She stopped, and Sapphire had lifted her head from her arms, eyes wide to listen to her rant.

Red sweatdropped and said “Okay, that wasn’t the answer I was expecting.”

Green was staring at Blue and shrugged, “So much for the thought of us being friends.”

Blue’s eyes widened and her breath caught, ever so slightly that only Sapphire heard it “What?”

“Well, I’m stuck traveling with you for like the rest of my life I think I’d learn to live around you.” Green replied, as though it was obvious.

“And-and you don’t care that I just said all those-“

“Don’t you say them everyday?” Green asked, raising an eyebrow “Why should it matter now?”

“And you took me seriously?! What is everything you say to me serious? Because if so then you’re one heck of a b*stard!” Blue snapped, the red from her face disappearing.

“Some of it’s true, some of it’s not.” Green replied, and Red sighed.

“It’s your turn Blue.” Red pointed out, and Blue took a deep breath.

“So what do you think of me?” Blue asked with a tremendous glare.

“I didn’t tell you whether or not I wanted a truth or a dare, and you didn’t pick from me or Sapphire.” Green replied, closing his eyes, leaning back and resting his hands behind his head.

“Fine.” Blue said stiffly “Green, Truth or Dare?”

He opened an eye and smirked “Dare.”

“Fine!” Blue snapped, “I dare you to be nice to me for a single day, tomorrow!”

Green closed his eye and digested the thought, chewing on it for what seemed like forever before saying, “Sure, why not?”

Blue blinked before looking doubtfully at what now seemed like and ex-friend, “Your turn.”

“Sapphire,” Green said, without much choice, knowing Blue wouldn’t let him leave her out “Truth or Dare?”

Sapphire lowered her head onto her arms again and muttered “Truth.”

Green seemed unable to think of something that wouldn’t make everyone uncomfortable again, and decided, “Just for Blue’s gossip side, ever liked anyone more then a friend yet?”

Blue grinned and gave Green a thumbs up, turning all her attention to Sapphire.

“…” Sapphire stared at the abandoned streets of Rustboro, the rain was letting up a bit, but she could respond. How could she when that person was sitting right across from her?

“Yeah…” She replied slowly.

“Who who who?!?!?!” Blue squealed, unable to contain herself, knowing for sure it’d be-

“Red.”

Blue fell off her seat as Red’s face turned a hefty shade of red “Wasn’t expecting that one.” Red muttered. Green burst out in a laugh that wasn’t quite loud, but wasn’t quite like his usual chuckle, as he pointed at Red, who sweatdropped.

“You mean it’s not…” Blue trailed off as Green stopped laughing and made cutting motions.

“No, I don’t really like Ruby that way. He’s too er-girly I suppose.” Sapphire muttered, still in her lazy mood.

“And Red isn’t?” Green asked, holding out two arm’s as if presenting Red as an award to big to hold.

“Thanks!” Red cried in a sarcastic cheer.

“Well, I stopped liking Red after I actually met him. I read about all three of you in that magazine.” Sapphire was about to continue but Blue cut her off.

“I am not anything like they said I was. Green isn’t either, as you can plainly see, he’s not a lone-wolf, he’s just moody, and going through a late spurt of hormones at the tender age of 16.” Blue folded her arms as though the deal was done and Green sighed.

“Learning a lot about each other today aren’t we?” He commented sarcastically.

“The sarcasm runs high.” Sapphire added mellowdramatically.

“Yeah, lot’s more then I thought.” Blue glared.

“Alright, well, Green, what do you think of Blue?” Sapphire asked, and Green sighed, knowing that that would’ve been coming. Blue had a strong iron grip on this game.

“Fine, just don’t ask me if I want truth or dare.” Green rolled his eyes “But since it’s bound to happen sooner or later, I think that she’s a big thinker, always looks at the big picture and generalizes the people around her. I’m the person that’s on her permanent negative list and Red’s on her permanent good list. I think she’s one to talk, calling other people selfish, but otherwise, is a generally okay person to be around. She certainly keeps things interesting.”

Red coughed and pointed out “Ten times nicer then your description Blue, you have to admit that.”

“That’s just because he heard my description first.” Blue retorted.

“Yeah but it’s not like if you said that you had a deep and passionate hate for me, my aim wasn’t to be the opposite, otherwise I would’ve probably been on my knee’s proposing to you.” Green rolled his eyes “Considering you’re the last person I’d even ask out.”

Blue’s mouth fell open-for the millionth time “This game is over!” She announced, folding her arms stubbornly “At least I would’ve considered you if you’d asked me out.”

Green gave Red a scornful look and Red smirked at Blue.

“What?” She asked, looking between her two friends.

“It’s kinda obvious Blue.” Sapphire said for the boys.

“What’s obvious?” She asked, as though daring Sapphire to go on. Safe by her “girl code” shield, Sapphire went head on.

“You always pick to bother Green instead of Red, you didn’t exactly look at yourself in a mirror when those girls were cheering for Gr-“

“Okay, so I can’t get jealous, but it’s not like I don’t do that for Red! If not ten times more!” Blue grinned, thinking she had the battle won.

“So you like Red?” Green smirked, folding his arms.

Blue flushed and snarled “Everyone is against me!!”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Done!

Kojho

Well, sorry I missed the last chapter. I don't really feel like writing a review for it, but I like how you portrayed Roxanne, and Red's Hyper Beam was funny.

This chapter I like a whole lot better, it is exactly what a bunch of teenagers would do on a rainy day. I liked the shipping, and it just goes to show you that your a good author, because I have started to like the Green and Blue paring. This may be becuase the only examples of Silver and Blue have been in my own fic. So, good job on the shipping, and I'm loooking forward to the next chapter, especially now that we are out of Rustboro!

I'm still working on that OC:)

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
^^ Take your time. I think you allz'll hafta make space, becuz there's gonna be lotza travelers. But, I think I'll cut down after awhile.

No prob with the missed chappie, these two were posted together pretty in time with each other, so there wasn't much time in between...unless my memory died again.

Not necissarily (<-I always spell that wrong!) a good author, but you wouldn't believe how much practice I get with writing little blurbs on Oldrivalshipping. But still, remember allz, that's a deleted chapter. I'm working on a new one. We'll just see which one I like better, but in the end, it's still a deleted chapter.

But I have to say, BluexGreen examples are hard to find as well. Especially since they're like two sides of a mirror. One's dull and one's bright. But if you ever want to see an actual Oldrivalshipping story of mine, just wait, I've got one. Just gotta delve enough in order to post it. =_=

Kojho

Well I'd certainly like to see this fic, if you can dig far enough. There are never enough manga shipping fics.

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Kitteh: Thank you! Just those few words bright up my day. ^_^ A longer review would make my day shine till your blind! XDXDXD No I'm not inferring anything. *halo of innocence*

Kojho: Ah. Yeah, after looking back at it- I doubt it'll be continued. But if you wanna see the teeny weeny (long) chapters I've got done, PM me, and I'll let you have a look see.

----------------------

Sapphire hated rain.

Green hated rain.

Red hated rain.

Blue on the other hand…

“STOP RAINING YOU GODD*MNED CLOUDS!!!” She screamed at the gloomy skies.

“Blue, could you be a little less-loud?” Red asked “We all hate the rain, and we all know that.”

Blue pouted as she sat back down on the plushy blue couches “But I’m bored.” She whined, her lower lip sticking out pathetically.

“Read.” Green replied simply as he turned a page in his own book, small with miniscule print.

Blue scooted over to Green and leaned her head over so that her head obscured the boy’s vision of the text “The theorum of –something- is often referred to as –how do you pronounce that?- because the process of-“

But before she could voice the next word Green grabbed the side of her head and pushed her away grumbling about annoying people.

“I don’t get it.” Blue said leaning over to read over Green’s shoulder again.

“It’s talking about evolution.” Green said sighing and closing the book, knowing he wouldn’t be able to register any kind of intelligent word with that annoying girl around.

“Oh, well why read that? Evolution is my specialty!” Blue grinned innocently and Green smirked at her.

“So that’s why you don’t know what the theorum of evolutionist conduct is?”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Just get here!” Cammy snapped into a pokegear.

I heard some loud protest on the other side and Cammy huffed “Right.”

More response.

“It’s a favor to Professor Birch you little ingrate!”

An argument on the other side of the phone as Cammy’s expression turned from annoyed to utterly agitated “Get here, or I’ll drag you over here!” And with that she let the boy on the other end start protesting again as she ignored it, pressing the little red button that disconnected the line “I hate boys.” She commented.

“I’m a boy.” I said raising an eyebrow and pointing to myself.

“Well yeah, but you’re not a cranky guy like Eliadon.” Cammy shrugged and continued, “The dorks’ll be here soon, they say they’re in Rusturf Tunnel.”

’The dorks?’ I sweatdropped, wondering if I would truly be stuck traveling with these people. Reminded me heavily of Blue, Red, and Green though, and I was interested to know if Cammy and this ‘Eliadon’ acted like Green and Blue.

Judging so far, that was an 100% chance.

“We should go prank them.” Cammy nodded, pursing her lips in thought “Maybe a good hydro pump to the face’ll show him who’s the queen bee around here.”

And I was the pawn of course.

“Come on- before they get there we gotta set up and everything!” Cammy said dashing out of the pokemon center.

I had little time to rest last night, what with the odd feeling of sleeping in the same room as someone I felt could strangle me if I even snorted in my sleep. I hoped she wasn’t a light sleeper.

She was a good thinker though, doing a very good job of hiding her gyrados in the bushes in front of the exit where I’d first met her. I felt kind of sorry for this Eliadon boy, as I wondered how they’d endured a year of traveling together to reach the Elite Four.

They all did the gym challenge according to Cammy.

“Hide!” She ordered, from her own hiding space behind her gyrados.

I jumped, and hid myself best as I could at the base of a tree surrounded by bushes.

She slapped her forehead as a boy walked out of the exit, staring right at me. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. For Cammy anyway, as she ordered a hydro pump, the boy was too busy investigating to notice.

The boy who had been behind the target promptly stepped aside, obviously trained to see Cammy’s pranks before they came.

As for the target…

“I hate girls.” He commented to his companion, dripping wet and looking like an annoyed, frustrated, and wet cat.

“Eliadon, Toren, this is Ruby. Ruby, this is Toren and Eliadon.” Cammy said, still grinning at the soaked boy.

Eliadon apparently, glared at Cammy, his icy blue eyes affixed in a permenant glare as his sickly face and showing cheekbones made him all the stranger. The baggy red shirt that reached his knees and the even baggier black jeans didn’t contribute to making him look any nicer. His hair consisted of messy black fringe, covering his left eye and what seemed like a nice long gash underneath it.

His companion, looked much nicer, or, clean-cut.

With a dark blue fold out collar shirt and plain blue jeans, his clothes weren’t too small, and weren’t too baggy either. They fit just right, without making him look like a dweebish nerd. Toren’s brown hair was messy as well, almost messier then Eliadon’s, and Ruby had a faint impression that the two combined would make for a very close replica of Green’s main appearance.

The both of them wore black fingerless gloves, and looked very odd standing beside each other.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Toren smiled, and Eliadon merely scoffed.

“I’m wet, I’m ******, and I’m tired. Let’s get to the pokemon center already.” He said walking past without a word of greeting.

So similar to Green it was almost scary.

“Where are you headed after this contest?” Torenn asked me, and I thought for a moment.

“Probably Fallarbor.” I shrugged, ignoring Eliadon as he and Cammy exchanged very rude comments to each other- less enthusiastic on Eliadon’s side. He looked more laid-back then Green, but was still uptight with his words.

Cammy was more of a less feminine Blue, from what I knew so far. Much. Less feminine. Sapphire and Blue combined could possibly make up Cammy’s personality…so many people combined could make other people.

It was an interesting thought, but like any of my recent thoughts, it passed just like every other one before it.

“I hate Verdanturf.” Eliadon sighed.

“Cheer up, the air’ll be a lot better for you then in Rustboro.” Toren replied coolly.

“Yeah, like that matters.” He replied snippily.

“You’re as thin as a stick. I think it matters.” Cammy said, though it was obvious she didn’t care a pinch about Eliadon’s weight, but was instead merely annoying him.

“Oh your concern is touching.” He replied sarcastically.

“Oh, then I guess I’ll stop being concerned.” Cammy shot back smoothly.

I sighed, knowing that if they were indeed like Green and Blue, this fight would go on for ages.

But I was quite wrong. Cammy’s last response ended the conversation, and I guessed that it was because Eliadon had a little less pride then Green, and Cammy was a little less outgoing compared to Blue. The silence that followed was broken only by the bustling sounds of the pokemon center as Eliadon went to dry himself off.

“So, what do you guys do now?” I asked.

“We hang out around Hoenn. Visit a few old friends, and do a few missions for Stevie, and Birch.” Cammy said, lazing on a couch as she played around with her Pokegear.

“Cammy usually goes off on her own, but she keeps in touch…every now and then.” Toren added, and a half-dry Eliadon walked up and added another quote.

“And when she wants help with something she knows she doesn’t need help with. Like this for instance.” Eliadon muttered, plopping down on an armchair.

“We don’t do things together very often anymore.” Toren shrugged, as though it was no big deal.

“Yeah, Cammy’s too good for us.” Eliadon said sarcastically and Cammy shot him a silent, but deathly glare.

Not like the Kanto Trainers at all. Blue was probably the ones who made them stick together, but they were still together nonetheless. And here were the Hoenn Newbies, already split apart in different cities.

We sat in a strange silence, comfortable for some and uneasy for others. They obviously were used to these long periods of quiet, but I shifted, uncomfortable to be around such silent people

“So…” I started awkwardly.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

The soft patter of the rain seemed magnified to Sapphire, sitting alone on her bed, alone in the dark pokemon center rent-out room.

Blue, Red, and Green were in the other room that Green had rented, Blue explaining that she had top secret missions to discuss with them. Probably something with the Indigo Plateau, Sapphire had reasoned.

Still, she couldn’t help but feel her stomach turn knots as she stared down at something she thought she wouldn’t see again for a long time.

A pair of chewed up glasses sat in Sapphire’s gloved hand, the lenses shattered and broken, the frame bent out of shape. The black rim had bite marks on it, and Sapphire smiled, remembering how proudly Coco had shown Sapphire her work. And how anguished Ruby had reacted, seeing the fifth pair chewed up in a month. But the smile disappeared, like always. She’d gotten into the habit of sleeping on the bottom bunk, -Not Ruby’s of course, but the one opposite his abandoned bed.

She put the pair of glasses upon the wooden nightstand she now knew so well. Tomorrow she would finally be leaving Rustboro, headed for Verdanturf. There was a good chance she’d run into Ruby. Mainly because she refused to miss his first contest, unlike him, who’d missed her first gym battle.

Chaka was neatly settled into the corner of the bed, where she always rooted herself for the night. Pulling off her gloves and placing them neatly next to the glasses, she pulled herself into the warm bed, the darkness of the Pokemon Center closing in around her eyes.

She felt another smile curl her lips as she heard a muffled screech, and she was positive it was yelling a name she now knew very well.

“GREEN!!!”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Ruby sighed, his night had been even worse, not being able to get to sleep what with the prospect of opening that box that Sapphire had shoved into his hands and what with Eliadon and Toren arguing about their pokemon.

They both seemed quiet, but once they were arguing, neither seemed to have any inclination to stop.

It was indeed, his birthday today, and he knew it was very close to Sapphire’s. But that already seemed so far away. Decades maybe- when he’d made Sapphire’s outfit.

No, he hadn’t been staring at her out of perversion, but merely to take rough measurements with his eyes. It sounded wrong, but it was something that had to be done, for what Ruby considered the perfect gift ever. But he couldn’t help but wonder- what would Sapphire give to top his gift?

Sitting in the room he shared with Toren and Eliadon, he locked the door, as Toren and Eliadon had gone out for a battle, and he pulled off the top of the box, confused as he pulled out half of a black luxury ball “Odd…”

It was minimized, making it small enough to fit in the dip of his palm, and a chain hung from where the hinge for the other side should have been. He had to admit, he was kind of dull –and stupid- but he remembered that when he’d last seen Sapphire, she’d had something that looked just like it-

“Oh.” Ruby said to himself rather dully, “It’s like a best friends heart thing.”

He examined the shiny black pokeball –or, half of it at least. It glimmered in the sunlight streaming through the window, the bright orange lining luminescant, even in the light

“Whatever.” Ruby shrugged, pulling it over his head “Maybe it’s like a good luck charm or something.”

“I won.” Someone snapped out of the door “There’s nothing more to it!”

Eliadon.

“Yeah right- even ask Cammy, she knows that I won!”

Toren.

“She’s always on your side! Her vote isn’t justified!”

Eliadon.

Ruby sighed, shoving the box into his bag and out of sight, hiding the pendant underneath his shirt as he unlocked the door before they tried to open it.

“Ruby- Tell Toren that I won fair and square!” Eliadon snapped, storming in and looking rather frazzled for someone usually so sarcastic and placid.

“His vote isn’t justified either!” Toren sighed, looking very frustrated “He wasn’t even watching!”

The boy in question merely blinked, as Cammy waltzed in- or, more like, walked casually, but anywho, she had her hands behind her back as she watched the two boys argue.

“How could you have won if your Manectric fainted first?!” Eliadon snapped, sitting down on his bed opposite Ruby’s.

“Because we both agreed that we wouldn’t use our most powerful attacks, which in your situation is Perish Song- WHICH you used!” Toren retorted, folding his arms.

“That’s not Absol’s strongest move- You misinterpreted your opponent, thinking that my Absol’s strongest move is it’s perish song, but in fact, you failed to notice the missing Hyper Beam TM, which I had purposely used on Absol.” Eliadon snapped.

What a mouthful.

“He’s got a point Toren.” Cammy shrugged.

Toren spun around “Now your on his side? Make up your mind!”

“Well, when I was on your side, I thought his strongest move was perish song too, but since he never used his hyper beam, it was fair game.” She replied.

“Fine- You win then.” Toren sighed, sitting down on a creaky chair.

Eliadon shrugged and leaned back “So that makes 2 wins for me, 2 wins for you.”

Ruby sweatdropped. These guys were hardcore about this- they even kept track! Ruby couldn’t even remember how many time’s he’d lost to Norman!

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Wow the fresh air is nice after being cooped up in Rustboro!” Blue grinned and stretched her arms out, letting the warm rays of sunlight hit her face “And you can see the sky!”

“You could see the sky in Rustboro.” Green pointed out, as he walked past her without any recognition of his surroundings.

“You always burst my bubble.” Blue complained, letting her arms drop to her sides.

Green didn’t respond as he continued down the path, going back to his silent mood.

“He’s probably thinking about how much this place looks like Oak’s Lab. The resemblance is crazy.” Red shrugged as Blue blinked in confusion.

“Ah, well, the only difference is is that Pallet Town is about twice as small as this place.” Blue pointed at a bustling town- Verdanturf.

“Let’s go check in at the pokemon center!” Blue suggested cheerily “Then we can go see if there’s any shopping centers here! I need a good sundress to be in the countryside.”

“Are you sure? I can bet you that Ruby will be at the pokemon center.” Red glanced at Sapphire who raised an eyebrow back at him.

“So what?” Sapphire asked “I need to ask him something anyway.”

Green turned his head slightly to listen, and Blue stopped altogether, waiting for the two in the back of the mini-stampede.

“This argument isn’t going to last forever you guys.” Sapphire sighed, taking a sweeping glance at their suspicious stares “I’m not going to slap him or anything…in public anyway.”

Blue laughed and said “Amen my friend, never slap a cute guy in public or you’ll lose the rest of them!” She continued down the path with her head held high, spirits no longer dampened.

“Are you inferring something?” Green spat, referring to the multiple time’s she’d slapped him- in full view of the public.

-------------------------------------------

Ta Ta to the deleted chapter, HELLO to the new one. Tell me which one you like better.

Hmm... I didn't even get to read the deleted chap... even if I had read that one, I still would've liked this one better!! Good job, keep it up!!! (And by the way, it's spelled necessarily.) XD

~Kitteh ;258;

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
^_^ Ah, but if you haven't read the deleted chap, you can read it now! It's the chappie before the newest one. I posted it because well, I'd already spent forever on it- might as well post it. Anyway, Thanks for the review, always makes me feel better. I always end up hating my later chapters as opposed to my newer ones.

Kojho

HUh, I thought that begining was familar, I didn't realize that this was a new version. I liked each version in their own way, this because the plot progressed, the other becuase of the shippyness and character development. Good job.

.:CobaltFlux:. said:
^_^ Ah, but if you haven't read the deleted chap, you can read it now! It's the chappie before the newest one. I posted it because well, I'd already spent forever on it- might as well post it. Anyway, Thanks for the review, always makes me feel better. I always end up hating my later chapters as opposed to my newer ones.

Would that be the one with the truth or dare game?

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Yes indeed to Kitteh's question.

As for Kojho, I'm glad you liked both of them. ^^ I just got MAJOR inspiration from the most unlikely source! My incredibly incredibly pissy Language arts teacher, who was talking about 'Utopia' and 'Distopia'. ^^ Let that be foreshadowing for ya'll.

I apologize for the er- stoppage of the next chapter. DDR Extreme with nice metal dance pads is addicting. But I swear I'll get onto it tomorrow. Promise! Tata!

>Cobalt<

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
“Wow the fresh air is nice after being cooped up in Rustboro!” Blue grinned and stretched her arms out, letting the warm rays of sunlight hit her face “And you can see the sky!”

“You could see the sky in Rustboro.” Green pointed out, as he walked past her without any recognition of his surroundings.

“You always burst my bubble.” Blue complained, letting her arms drop to her sides.

Green didn’t respond as he continued down the path, going back to his silent mood.

“He’s probably thinking about how much this place looks like Oak’s Lab. The resemblance is crazy.” Red shrugged as Blue blinked in confusion.

“Ah, well, the only difference is is that Pallet Town is about twice as small as this place.” Blue pointed at a bustling town- Verdanturf.

“Let’s go check in at the pokemon center!” Blue suggested cheerily “Then we can go see if there’s any shopping centers here! I need a good sundress to be in the countryside.”

“Are you sure? I can bet you that Ruby will be at the pokemon center.” Red glanced at Sapphire who raised an eyebrow back at him.

“So what?” Sapphire asked “I need to ask him something anyway.”

Green turned his head slightly to listen, and Blue stopped altogether, waiting for the two in the back of the mini-stampede.

“This argument isn’t going to last forever you guys.” Sapphire sighed, taking a sweeping glance at their suspicious stares “I’m not going to slap him or anything…in public anyway.”

Blue laughed and said “Amen my friend, never slap a cute guy in public or you’ll lose the rest of them!” She continued down the path with her head held high, spirits no longer dampened.

“Are you inferring something?” Green spat, referring to the multiple time’s she’d slapped him- in full view of the public.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Ruby sighed, letting his spoon dangle out of his mouth, as he stared out the Pokemon Center window. He needed to train for the contest. And his conscience wouldn’t let that fact go, but- he honestly wasn’t in the mood. Cammy had left before lunch to go sightseeing, which Toren translated as find a rough terrain to train on, while Eliadon and Toren went the opposite direction, searching for technically the same thing.

Nana sat at Ruby’s feet, snoozing peacefully as Ruby pulled the spoon out, and tapped it a few times on the table in sheer boredom.

Coco was still angry.

Another reason why Ruby needed to find Sapphire. But- would she stop by Verdanturf, when there was no gym around? He wouldn’t ever be able to use Coco for any contests if this held up.

“Come on Nana.” Ruby said, sliding his chair back with a loud squeak, that made every head in the cafeteria turn to look at him.

But he disregarded it, as Nana refused to get up, knowing training was ahead of the road.

“Then I guess I’ll just leave you here.” Ruby shrugged walking out of the pokemon center, then pausing to wait for the placid padding of paws behind him. But none came. The boy sighed, wondering just why the entire world was against him and turned back into his now familiar home.

He swayed when his stomach suddenly lurched. It was odd- completely random and without reason. But it got Nana to get up and examine his trainer in worry.

“Rroo?” Nana crooned, cocking his head in a questioning manner as Ruby steadied himself upon a nearby chair.

“I’m fine.” Ruby replied, “That was weird though…”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“You sure you’re okay?” Blue asked for the billionth time after Sapphire had tripped due to her stomach suddenly twisting itself into a knot for no given reason.

“Yes Blue, I’m fine. It was just a trip.” Sapphire assured the chocolate haired girl beside her.

“Lay off Blue, you’ve asked at least 10 times by now.” Green snapped, his hands in his pockets as he strode alongside Red who shook his head.

“I hate to say it but, one would think she was okay after confirming it 10 times.” Red shrugged.

“Oho now it’s a conspiracy!” Blue shouted into the sky “I see how it is!”

“Calm down.” Green rolled his eyes as they stepped out of the dark of Rusturf tunnel. All the pokemon had been driven away with ease, what with Turtley, Saur, and Charizard stomping alongside the foursome.

Of course, Blue’s arguments and complaints only added more to the wailing and crying of the whismur, but a good burn, soak, or dumping of leaves usually quieted them down.

“We’ve got a long way to go, and I’d rather not argue with you the whole way through.” Green sighed, taking one look at Verdanturf before folding his arms “This place is too clean.” He added.

“Reminds me of Pallet Town!” Red grinned.

“Everywhere reminds you of Pallet Town Red.” Blue pointed out, skipping into Verdanturf and calling, “Hey, last one to the pokemon centers a rotten exeggcute!”

“Oh boo,” Green said sarcastically “Looks like I’m rotten.”

“You start these arguments you can’t say anything!” Blue snapped.

“Why, madam,” He said sarcastically, walking past her, “I believe I just did.”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

I hate girls. Did you know that? Yeah. Didn’t think so. Especially Cammy. She’s annoying. And she’s not even annoying to other people. Really, just me and Toren. Wow, I need to go back to school. So many fragments.

“I didn’t know you had a diary.” Toren teased as his Manectric shattered a boulder.

“It’s not a diary. Just something to put my thoughts down in.” I replied coolly.

“Isn’t that the same thing?” Toren asked with a smirk, as I ordered a slash from my Absol, who, instead of shattering his boulder, sliced it cleanly in half.

“Yeah.” I said, snapping the little book shut with a shrug “I’m not in the mood for training. We need a mission other then babysitting.”

“Yeah, but Cammy’s our friend, and we’re both bored. Might as well help out.” My long-time friend shrugged.

“I guess.” I stuffed the book into my back pocket and added, “Now if only it wasn’t Cammy.”

Toren laughed before sending a thunder toward my Absol.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Achoo!” I sneezed, with Mightyena standing next to me, and then I cursed.

“D*mn that Eliadon, talking about me again.” I joked to my companion, who shook her head “He always does that.”

Shrugging I turned a corner back into Verdanturf and blinked. What a parade. Complete with a Blastoise, Charizard, and a Venasaur. Moody looking people to boot. I had a thought, that I might yell, “Hey when’s the circus gonna be ready?!” But by the looks of that moody –er- angry girl, I thought better of it.

Even as I walked past them without a word, the girl in back caught my eye. She looked awfully familiar, and her outfit was disgustingly similar to Ruby’s.

I didn’t think on it though because Ruby was staggering out of the Pokemon Center with a semi-dazed expression on his face and I sighed. Baby-sitting job full-throttle, here I come.

I would’ve never expected her to yell his name though. Would’ve never expected him to bolt awake, jump, and yelp as though he’d just been prodded in the a*s by an electric rod.

“Ruby!” The girl cried, pointing at him with a gloved hand.

“S-Sapphire!” Ruby called back in semi-relief, semi-stiff surprise.

“Bing! Awkward situation!” The once angry girl chirped, as one of the boys in the group gave her a good whack around the head to shut her up.

“Okie dokie, well I can see I’m not needed here, I think I’ll go find Toren.” I said turning on my heel and wanting none of this awkward lovey dovey crap, that by the look on the girl’s reminiscant face, was sure to happen.

Ruby sweatdropped but made no effort to stop me.

“Since I’m so obviously not wanted here enough for you not to stop me!” I called over my shoulder. Ruby reminded me of Eliadon, just, much easier to manipulate.

But Ruby still didn’t do anything. I blinked before shrugging, and continuing to “find” Toren and Eliadon.

My reasoning? Simple.

Whatever.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Sooooooooo…” Blue said, swaying on the balls of her feet, but before she could say anything more, Red reached for her belt and grabbed a pokeball off it. Unfortunately, her belt was positioned on her waist and-

THWACK!

“PERV!”

“Ow!” Red clutched his nose as Blue gasped.

“Oh sorry sorry sorry! I thought you were Green!”

“Excuse me?” Green snapped.

“Excuse us.” Red grumbled, returning all three enormous pokemon and dragging his two friends away from the scene as Sapphire stuttered protest.

“B-But you can’t just leave me here with…” She trailed off and gave Ruby a calculating look, while Ruby pleaded with a pokeball “Are you sane?” She asked bluntly.

Ruby let a frustrated glare rise up to meet Sapphire’s blue eyes as he said through grit teeth “Quite sane. You reason with Coco!” And he threw the pokeball at Sapphire who caught it to see an angry skitty inside.

“Coco!” She squealed, and the skitty’s ears instantly perked up at the sound of the voice.

“MYAH!” The pokeball burst open and a pink cat threw itself upon Sapphire’s face clutching and scratching and licking and rubbing it’s face against Sapphire’s.

“Hey!” Sapphire pried the cat off her face “Why aren’t you listening to Ruby?” She asked, though she was still grinning with delight.

“Myah, myah, nyah, nyah, nyah.” Coco replied. Sapphire sweatdropped. In english?

“You don’t mind if I keep Coco for awhile do you?” Sapphire asked, without really looking at the aggravated boy across the street from her.

“As long as you don’t make Coco battle, you can keep her until the end of the contest.” Ruby replied “If you’ll stop being so weird around me.”

“Great bargain.” Sapphire retorted sarcastically, “Except, not possible. You were my first unwilling kiss, and I don’t think I can exactly treat you like I used to. Can’t call you Man-woman anymore that’s for sure, cause that’s kind of like insulting myself.”

Ruby sighed, grumbling something about ‘girls’ before throwing his hands up in defeat “Fine, whatever. I don’t know why you’re making such a big deal out of this, since obviously your first…you know, was with like, your mom or dad but-“

“You know what I mean!” Sapphire replied in a sing-song voice that was teetering from daring Ruby to go further, to threatening.

But Ruby only blinked before turning around “Whatever.” He said, before walking towards the Verdanturf park.

Sapphire sighed, clutching Coco close to her “You can’t even begin to believe how glad I am that you’re here with me Coco. I can tell you anything, and you won’t tell Ruby. Speaking of that…” Sapphire smiled down at Coco who ‘myah’ed back.

Sitting on a lobby couch, Sapphire and Coco may have seemed like an odd pair, with Sapphire talking and Coco responding every now and then, but in the Pokemon world, no one paid much heed to the two. Which, was a good thing.

“Everytime I see him, I always manage to screw something up.” Sapphire sighed “Even if my real intention is to say sorry, I always end up saying something else. Something that gets him real ******.”

“Myah.” Coco replied in a placid tone.

“And then, everytime I don’t see him, I’m thinking about how guilty I feel.” Sapphire snarled “I hate it!”

“Nyah?” Coco twisted around in Sapphire’s lap to face the brunette.

“No.” Sapphire replied firmly “But, he is a friend, and my second one at that. I just feel bad, even though I can bet he feels worse.” She held a hand gently over her stomach, which had gotten into liking twisting and turning and doing loop-di-loops inside of her.

“I guess I just miss having him around. Blue, Green, and Red just aren’t the same.”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“They’re both too prideful.” Green commented, as he sat on the highest bar on the left of the jungle gym.

“You’re one to talk.” Blue said coolly, sitting on the monkey bars, not too far from the jungle gym “But I do have to admit, they’ll never see each other eye to eye if they’re constantly fighting.”

“But they used to fight all the time. Professor Birch said their conversation was a non-stop argument.” Red pointed out, sitting on a lower level of the right side of the jungle gym. Closer to Blue.

“But there wasn’t any friction between them then.” Green retorted “They used to be like me and Blue, except now that they have a reason for these arguments to be more then just jokes, it makes it harder to talk, and since both of them are so different, they’re bound to start an argument eventually.”

“Since when did you get so good at matchmaking?” Blue asked boredly, her chin sliding down the heel of her palm.

“Since I got smarter then you.”

“Oh so you never were that good at matchmaking.” Blue smirked, and Green sighed.

“I’m not in the mood to argue. I’m slightly worried about those two.” Green grumbled.

Blue lifted her cheek off her palm in interest, her eyes widening to show that she was listening for his response after she asked, “Why?”

“They remind me of you and me.” He folded his arms, leaning back on a bar “Remember when we argued about Red when he disappeared?”

“Yeah,” Blue replied sheepishly “You wouldn’t even look at me after that!”

“Exactly, Red is our best friend, and when he disappeared, we both wanted to go after him. But we both had different ideas of how to do that, and I “interfered” with your brilliant plans of sending Yellow after him.” Green explained, “We got so mad at each other we couldn’t talk to each other without starting a massive argument, like Ruby and Sapphire now.”

“Yeah, that definetly wasn’t fun, since you won all the arguments.” Blue thought aloud.

“It doesn’t matter who won or who didn’t.” Green snapped “What matters is is that now we still can’t talk to each other without starting an argument! Joking or not, I can’t talk about anything serious with you because you’ll shoot something sarcastic at me-“

“And you wouldn’t?!” Blue accused, but Green continued, ignoring her to the fullest.

“It’s like we’re not really friends anymore. But we’re both fine with that, or, at least, I am, because we’re stuck with each other whether we like it or not. But even I have to admit, it’d feel weird without you around.” Green shrugged.

“Get to the point and stop with the mushy stuff!” Blue snapped, flushing, though doing an expert job of covering it.

“I think I get it.” Red interuppted, “I think he’s saying, both of you guys have the same relationship Ruby and Sapphire have now, but you’re still in one piece. He’s saying that it’d feel weird if that piece were to fall apart, but with Ruby and Sapphire, their piece has already fallen apart.”

“Exactly.” Green sighed.

“But, I wouldn’t just feel weird, if our piece fell apart, it’d be like losing Red all over again. I’d feel really bad, and I’d try to look for you, because whether we like it or not, we’re all best friends.” Blue pointed out.

“Agh!” Green grumbled in frustration “That’s exactly it! Even though we’ve known each other a lot longer then Ruby and Sapphire have, you’re like Sapphire with your response to things, and Ruby is more like a mixture of me and Red. Red would feel extremely guilty if you left, and I would feel weird, not having you around, so it’s possible that that’s what Ruby is feeling.”

“And!” Blue added, catching on “I would feel sad without you two, and I wouldn’t really want to go, or do anything!”

“Are you serious?” Red asked “I don’t think that’s the response we were waiting for.”

“Yeah.” Green agreed, “But do you see my point? When we argued like we did, it took us 3 years to start working together smoothly again.”

Blue paused and feeling tired of all the mushy explanations, a smug grin spread across her face as Green’s expression turned from serious to exhasperated as Blue chirped, “But you would miss me the most out of all of us huh?” She grinned.

Red laughed “Yeah, totally.”

Green smirked, playing along with her game like Red, “Of course.”

Blue blinked and smiled again “And you think I’m the prettiest girl in the world right?”

“Maybe.” Red joked.

“Don’t push your luck.” Green said coolly, jumping off the jungle gym and landing easily.

Excuse me?!” Blue screeched.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Hey, Aquakirbyyoshi? I was wondering...*pokes fingers together* Can I make a shipping with Cammy in it for this story? I WOULD tell you with who, but that would spoil the whole shipping part, and well, I've already technically implied it in the story anyway. Soo...^_^ Can I?

Thanks Kitteh, I've been dying to use the word 'Thwack' for some time now. XD Yeah, there's probably a billion errors in there, because I neglect to use the spell check, because my laziness prevents me from doing so.

aquakirbyyoshi

~The Closet Maniac~
I PMed you about it. xD

I think the last 2 chappies were funny. So much dialog, though. But eh, people are supposed to talk.. xD

Lmao, it's funny how Toren, Eliadon, and Cammy resemble Red, Green and Blue. Tho, I see Cammy resembling more like Green. *shrugs* XD Toren is spiffy. He's so cute. XDD

Hmmm... not much to say. Keep updating. Oh, and I was wondering if I can add you to my MSN? I've been wanting to chat with you for a while. ^^;

Kojho

I liked this chapter alot, but since this review comes 4 days after reading it, I forget all about what I was going to say. I remeber seeing little if any errors, and I remember enjoying it every step of the way.

On your unfinished fic, I think it was pretty good, and could still be continued. Though I saw no reason to change their names, it just makes it more confusing. I like Gary though, he is so clueless. Good job.

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Kohjo:Well, I wanted to change their names to make it seem more 'normal', because, you don't see people with colors as their names walkin' around you know? But oh well. S'okay I forget to review a lot too. =_= Actually, I usually don't "forget" but you know what I mean.

AKY:I PMed you about it too. ^^ Yeah, the dialog is meant to be there, but, I've sorta like, ditched the description for the past few chapters, since so much is happening. When it's slow and I've got nothing to write, I start describing little things, but when there's lot's of things running through my head, I just want to get all the fun stuff done, because it's so much fun! X3

Actually, originally, Toren, Eliadon, and Cammy weren't going to resemble RBG that much, but it ended up I totally screwed up Cammy's personality, so sorry about that again. But Toren's original name was Kai, but changed to fit something that .::Tempest::.'s characters names are more known for. Eliadon was Deathspectors, and I just found him hardcore cool, so I had to add him. XD

Oh and on MSN, knock yourself out, cept, I'm never on MSN. =_= Soooo...yeah, much good that'll do. I'm SOMETIMES on AIM, but I don't like chat things in general unless I have something to say or something like that...

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
’I’ve hated this past week. Why? Because that Sapphire girl is here. It’s constant argument between them, and it’s not the joking kind, they’re actual, extremely emotional arguments. Not the like how those Green and Blue people argue. Not like the way me and Cammy argue. More like when Cammy and Toren argue, especially when Toren gets defensive and everything. It’s never a pretty sight. And Ruby’s been slipping through our fingers every single time Cammy forces me or Toren to try to talk to him, to go training with his poochyena or something like that.’

I paused, and sighed.

‘It’s true, that it does give me a pang when Ruby makes up a lame excuse to get away from me, but I can’t blame him. A guy wouldn’t want to talk about something like that.’ I thought.

Standing up, I added, “But it’s not like Cammy would ever notice.”

“What wouldn’t I notice?” A sharp voice came from the doorway of our rented room.

“Nothing.” I replied smoothly.

“Tell me.” Cammy retorted, “What wouldn’t I notice Eliadon?”

“Nothing.” I replied smoothly.

She narrowed an eye at me and said “I won’t let this go, but if you wanted to know, Ruby and Sapphire are arguing again.”

“What do you want me to do about it?” I asked glaring at her with the one eye that wasn’t completely hidden underneath my messy black hair.

“Fine.” Cammy turned around “I’ll deal with it then!”

And the door slammed shut.

I sighed, and shook my head “You do that.” I said to no one in particular as I opened the little book back up.

’Even though Cammy is annoying, I can’t imagine arguing with her like Ruby and Sapphire are now. Annoying or not, Pesky or not, she’s still a friend. But I don’t think Ruby can register the fact that whatever got them into this situation doesn’t matter anymore, and that the fact that they’re friends should be more important then anything else.’

I felt my eyes widen as I re-read the page.

’D*mn I’m getting soft.’

And I ripped the paper out, ripped it to pieces and threw it away.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“I don’t want to talk to you anymore!” Sapphire snapped, holding Coco close to her as the two stood on either side of the pokemon center “You’re just an ignorant, blind, and-“

“I say you look in a mirror before you judge someone!” Ruby snarled, Nana at his feet, hairs raised as he growled at Sapphire and Coco “You’re so weird! One second you’re all depressed and sad, and the next your yelling at me!”

“I’m not yelling!” Sapphire stomped her foot wrenching her gaze away from Ruby as she continued, “You never listen to me- how can you see me as anything but weird?!”

“Why should I listen to you?” Ruby growled, “You didn’t listen to me when I wanted you to listen!”

Sapphire had no response before Ruby stormed out.

“Sapphire…” Blue started, but Sapphire had slammed the door to her room shut before anything more could be said.

“This is getting out of hand.” Green sighed.

“I’ll say.” Cammy grumbled, “Well, isn’t anyone going to go get him?”

“Give him time to cool off.” Eliadon shook his head, walking into the silent lobby from the dark halls “If someone tries to talk to him now,-“

“It’ll only trigger another argument.” Red interuppted.

“But…” Blue stuttered, staring after Sapphire.

She made a move to get up from her seat, but Green planted a hand firmly on her shoulder “Don’t.” He muttered, staring down the hallway as well “It’s not going to help anything.”

Blue stared at Green for a moment, and then looked down “Why can’t they get along?” She asked.

Green let his hand slide off of the girl’s shoulder before saying “Same reason we can’t get along.”

Blue’s gaze snapped back to Green, with a slight gasp from Blue, as he glared down at her “Liar.” She hissed.

“Hypocrite.” He replied with a smirk.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“I’m so not ready for this contest.” Ruby groaned, as he sat on the benches “Not when I’m so frustrated!”

Nana hopped up beside him and pushed his head against Ruby’s shoulder.

“Might as well give her Coco.” Ruby sighed, and Nana bit him. Hard “Augh! That hurt!”

Nana growled at Ruby’s suggestion and the boy sighed “I know, I know, I wouldn’t actually do that, but it’s not like Coco’s going to follow any of my commands. And Sapphire’s not gonna be apologizing anytime soon, and I sure as heck aren’t either.”

“The contest is in an hour.” A voice came, leaning on the bench “Try cooling off before then.”

Ruby let his gaze rest upon a dark and morbid scene. Eliadon of course.

“Wanna talk about it?” He asked stiffly.

“Not if Cammy told you to come here.” Ruby snapped.

“Nah.” Eliadon shrugged “I’m just not good at being worried about people.”

Ruby blinked and glanced at Nana, who had laid his head on Ruby’s lap “…Sure why not?”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Saaaapphire!” Blue called knocking for the billionth time “Come on!”

“I’m not going!” A muffled voice came.

“There’s no use in not going just because of Ruby.” Red said comfortingly “Why not come to just watch? We’ll tell you when he comes on stage and you can leave.”

“I’m not going.” The voice came again.

“Just leave her alone.” Green said softly, staring at the locked door just like the rest of his friends.

Red looked as though he was about to say something, but thought better of it, and stepped back. But Blue would hear none of it.

“But we can’t just-“

“Yes. Yes we can.” Green glared at her in a ‘move-it-or-lose-it’ kind of way, as he pulled on her arm.

“She’s never going to-“

“It doesn’t matter right now Blue,” Green whispered, in an attempt to be discreet “She has to work things out herself. If we do it for her, she’ll never stand on her own.”

Blue pouted for a moment before letting Green drag her away from the door “You know why I’m letting you do this right?” She asked, still displeased.

“Yeah.” Green smirked, as Blue braced herself for a sarcastic remark, “Because you’re the prettiest girl I know.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Even as I sat, watching the contest, I wasn’t thinking of anything even relevant to that. Green’s compliment was still running through my mind, and my worry for Sapphire just wouldn’t leave either. I glanced at Green, who also wasn’t paying any attention to the contest, but instead, was reading that evolution book again. I glanced at Red, who was watching with interest, the three of us having never seen something like a contest.

Cammy and Toren sat beside each other, on the other side of Red, as they both criticized and commented on the appeals, or whatever they were called.

I bit my lip and muttered, “Did you really mean it Green?” To the boy who was sitting on my right.

He looked up, though not at me. At the stage, as though the announcer had asked that question. He blinked, before answering me “Did you take it seriously?”

I was taken aback by his question, as I’d had been expecting a straightforward, ‘Moron’. “Yes.” I answered looking away at Red, on my left.

“Then I meant it.” Green said coolly, looking down at his book again.

“If I hadn’t taken it seriously?” I asked, blushing now as I glared at him as well.

“Then I wouldn’t have meant it.” He replied.

“What’s that supposed to mean???” I demanded, my hands stiffening on my knees as they clenched into fists.

“It means whatever makes you happiest, then you go ahead and think that.” Green turned a page in his book and I stamped my foot before standing up. He lifted his gaze up to me when I snarled,

“I’m going to the bathroom.”

But even as I left, I heard Red exhasperatedly ask Green, “What did you do this time?!”

And I heard him answer, “I told her to think what she wanted, not what other people tell her.”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Ready?” Eliadon asked.

“Yeah.” Ruby smiled back at the boy “Thanks for your help.”

“Anytime...well, maybe not anytime, but you know what I mean.” Eliadon shrugged, as Ruby stepped up the stairs to the stage.

Even as the announcer introduced him, he couldn’t help but scan the audience for a familiar red bandanna. But he saw two empty seats beside Green and Red, one in the middle of the two, and one of the other side of Green.

Ruby sighed, and the announcer leaned over to look at him “Ruby?” She asked and Ruby was jolted out of his thoughts in a wild surprise.

“Oh, sorry, I’m just looking for someone.” Ruby replied sheepishly.

“That’s alright, it happens a lot. Ready for your appeal?” Vivian asked.

“Yeah.” Ruby replied, “Go- Nana!”

’I wonder if he’s already finished his appeal.’

“Nana, use sand-attack!”

’Maybe he’s totally forgotten about our argument.’

The sand-attack continued until it became a sort of sandstorm “Now, use howl!”

’Maybe…’

The eerie howl in the middle of the sand storm sent shivers down the backs of the audience, the sand that had been spread across the stage beforehand settled, and a poochyena shook off the sand in a very adorable manner.

A figure darts out of the pokemon center.

“It was very original. Scary, and Cute, all at once.” A judge said with a smile.

She’s running as fast as she can, what with as tired as she is

“Very funny ending.” Another said, “Very talented poochyena you’ve got there.”

But the reciepetant won’t let her through. The contest has already started.

“Good, but the appeal would never have worked, had it not been requested that sand be spread across the stage.”

But eventually she manages to get through, and the door to the stadium slams open.

Ruby looked up, to see where the slam came from, something that Vivian had seemed to not hear, and his eyes widened at the sight of a red bandanna. But he was ushered off the stage before he could say anything.

“You missed it.” Blue smirked, putting a hand on her friend’s shoulder.

“I know I did.” Sapphire sighed, plopping down in her seat beside Green.

“I know I did.”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Even as I walked off the stage, staring wide-eyed at Eliadon who was in the strangest position on the bench, as though it’d help him beat the 5th level boss on his handheld console, I was still thinking of Sapphire, and how she’d really came. My spirits had been dampened so much when I didn’t see her in the audience, that I’m sure Nana sensed it. Our appeal wasn’t as good as I had wanted it to be.

But now that she was here…I wasn’t sure if my spirit was soaring, or even further down in the dumps at seeing her. Sighing, I plopped down next to Eliadon who whooped punching the air with his fist in a very un-eliadon like way.

“Take that you stupid Maverick!” He said fake karate chopping the screen.

“She’s here Eliadon.” I mumbled, and the boy beside me almost dropped the gameboy, in surprise.

“You serious?” Eliadon asked, turning off the game, “I didn’t think she’d come. Maybe Cammy forced her to come.”

I laughed shakily, “I don’t think so, she got here at the end of my appeal.”

“Tough luck dude.” Eliadon shook his head “That sucks. You should’ve seen the look on Toren’s face when me and Cammy told him we missed his battle with Steven on the Megascreen. He looked homicidal.”

I had no response for Eliadon and simply stared up the stairs to the stage. I wouldn’t be able to concentrate anymore. What would I say to Sapphire afterwards? What could I say? Would she wait for him in the lobby afterwards?

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

The answer, was no, and yes.

After an intense battle which Ruby only barely won, and winning a ribbon, it was obvious he wanted to get off the stage. But- when he ran into the lobby, searching every single person for the familiar sparkling blue eyes, the only blue eyes he found were-

“That’s the Ruby we know!” Blue squealed, latching herself around Ruby’s neck.

“We barely even know him.” Green said, still half-immersed in his book.

“That’s beside the point.” Blue retorted, sticking her tongue out.

Ruby pulled himself out of Blue’s grasp to ask in an urgent tone, “Where’s Sapphire?”

Blue fell silent and sighed “She’s waiting for you at the Verdanturf Park.”

“Says she needs to talk to you without anyone around.” Red shrugged “Sure you can handle it? She looked pretty determined when she left after seeing you hold up the ribbon.”

Ruby took a shuddering breath and said “Yeah. I think so.”

In fact, he felt like he could stand on top of the world, with the Kanto Elite Trainers, and the Hoenn Elite Trainers behind him, to catch him if he fell off the peak he’d somehow managed to get himself on top of.

But, even with his newfound friends beside him, he found, that he could face one of his best friends, who was standing quietly with arms folded in the middle of a deserted Verdanturf Park. Not even the clean crisp air could help him ease the anticipation he felt.

He had to do it though. So he let a dry leaf crunch underneath his foot as he walked across the empty lane, an expression of suspicion on his face as he faced Sapphire, in a very familiar stance- the one they used everytime they argued. A good 8 feet away, and one with a half-angered, half-suspicious expression, and the other, looking exhausted and worn-out.

Everytime he saw this expression on Sapphire’s face, it felt like someone had just thrown a heavy frying pan at his head, and hit it’s target directly on the bulls-eye.

“Congratulations.” Sapphire started, unfolding her arms.

“I could say the same to you.” Ruby replied stiffly.

There was an odd silence that blew around the two, both looking determinedly away and trying to entertain themselves, while waiting for the other to speak up.

“I-“

“Um-“

They both started at the same time, and Ruby quickly added, “You go first.”

“Um…” Sapphire mumbled, taking a breath and- “How’ve you been?” blurting out the entirely wrong thing.

“Oh.” Ruby blinked, taken aback by the question, “I-I’ve been, doing okay.”

“Oh.” Sapphire replied, chewing on her lower lip “That’s…good.”

“Yeah.” Ruby nodded.

No matter what the two said, the silence persisted, and each time it was more awkward then the last, for neither could spew their apology- pride running too high for that sort of thing.

“Listen Sapphire, I honestly didn’t mean to-“

“I know.” Sapphire interjected, “I know you didn’t.”

“Then why are you being such a-“

“That I don’t know.” She sighed, shaking her head “It was just embarrassing…I guess.”

“You guess.” Ruby folded his arms, and raised an eyebrow, that disappeared under the rim of his hat.

“Well, I don’t know, I never really…though about it that much.” Sapphire pressed her lips together as she stared at the ground “I guess I was just surprised.”

“You guess.” Ruby repeated, rolling his eyes “Well, I know I was surprised, and I know I didn’t freak out.”

“You’re not making this any easier for me!” Sapphire grumbled.

“Hey, I was the one who started the whole apology thing, you owe me.” Ruby shrugged, as Sapphire stamped her foot in frustration.

“Fine! I’m sorry okay? I was just embarassed, and I didn’t want to see you, good enough for you?!” Sapphire shouted, making a flock of pidgey fly off from their perch.

Ruby remained silent for awhile, as Sapphire shook, “I’m sorry.” She repeated, more firmly this time.

“Yeah.” Ruby said, “I heard you the first time.”

Sapphire flared “Well??? Do you accept the apology or not?!”

“I’m thinking.” Ruby smirked.

“YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT?!”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

As stiff an polite as they were being, I was amazed they claimed they even made up. Sapphire would stiffly say, ‘hello’ and Ruby would reply. I was wondering just how long Toren, and the other elite trainers would stick around. They’d probably leave after Ruby started traveling with Sapphire again. They were only assigned to watch Ruby while he was traveling alone after all.

As for us, Blue would never let us leave Sapphire. Even if I suggested we go to Johto to visit Silver, she’d insist on finishing what she started.

Speaking of Blue…

“Hey Green?” She asked as she sat next to me, “Got any theories why they’re still acting weird around each other?”

“Give them time.” I replied, glancing at her, “You can’t forgive someone that fast Blue.”

“But I forgive you that fast everyday.” Blue pointed out.

I sighed “It’s different. The way we argue, and the way they argue. Similar, but different. I compared them to us before. I was wrong to do that.”

Blue blinked once, then twice, before looking back at me, “Why?”

“If anyone can tell, it’s you. They care about their friendship. I can’t speak for your opinion on our “friendship” but as you said a long time ago, I’m too cool for friends.” I replied sarcastically.

She pouted at me and punched me hard on the arm - playfully, but hard “Ouch.” I said, rubbing the spot her fist had connected with my flesh.

Blue didn’t say anything in response to my reaction, but instead asked, “Do you think we’re friends?”

I paused. She’d never really cared enough to ask me that, and I had never really prepared myself for that question. In other words, she took me totally off guard.

“…” I couldn’t think of anything to say except “I can’t answer that.”

Blue glared at me, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

I sighed, realizing that what I said was rather cold. But- everything I said to her was cold and sarcastic, or an explanation on something too simple for myself.

“It means, I’ve never really thought about it before. It’s just sort of, automatic.” I replied, treading lightly, but Blue would hear nothing more. She stood up, and dropped a wad of pokedollars into my lap.

“There. I paid you back. And for the record, I think about it all the time.” She said stalking off.

I stared after her as she pushed the doors of the pokemon center open with a boom, Nurse Joy crossing her fingers and hoping the glass wouldn’t shatter. I pulled the pokedollars off my lap and glared at them. Twenty-five, of the pieces of paper worth 4 pokedollars.

20 of the pokedollars says it’s all stolen.

But it didn’t matter to me as I pocketed the pokedollars, staring at my unfinished glass of water, and sighing. Blue had gotten very touchy over the subject of our friendship, which I could hardly consider a friendship, ever since the Rustboro gym battle.

Maybe I was being dull, but I couldn’t figure out why she was being so…so annoying about it. Why did it suddenly matter after six years? Six years with a whole lotta speed bumps in it.

“Ppppooorrryygon 2!” A robotic voice sang out.

I looked up as my duck shaped, bubble gum pink, and neon blue Porygon 2 hopped up gleefully.

“Ppoorygon 2!!” It repeated.

“What are you so happy about?” I asked, but Red answered for it,

“I gave it the upgrade I found.” Red interuppted “He seems to like it.” Red shrugged, and I was faintly aware of the fact that Red had referred to Porygon 2 as a male. It was genderless, but we had been calling it a guy for awhile now. I suppose it becomes habit, to call something or someone a pronoun a little more respectful then ‘it’.

“Blue’s ******.” Red stated casually.

“Probably PMSing.” I replied coolly, shrugging.

Red scoffed, hiding a laugh as he continued, “I don’t think so. But I think you know why.”

I fell silent and sighed “We’ve already got one romantic crisis on our hands. Let’s not double the load Red.”

Red shook his head “I doesn’t matter to me, but it’s gonna happen sooner or later. She’s going to ask you-“

“Let’s hope it happens later.” I said firmly, in a final tone to tell Red the conversation was over. To add to that, I stood up and glared at my best friend, “I don’t want to deal with Sapphire and Ruby, but I have no choice now. But I do have a choice with whether or not I want to deal with Blue, and I pick no.”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“You okay?” Someone asked me from the sliding doors of the pokemon center.

I’d been sitting on the bench just outside the pokemon center ever since I repaid Green, and it had all paid off. The sunset was just about the most calming thing I’d seen all day, and after a day of playing my role in a lifelong play, I was exhausted. The brilliant colors made me forget about my friendship problems with Green, and it was definitely a relief.

“Mhm?” I turned my head ever so slightly, and all I needed to see was a hat jammed onto unruly black hair to know who it was “I’m fine.”

Red sat beside me, “Sure?” He asked.

“Positive.” I replied “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Well, first, you’ve been sitting out here all day, second, you haven’t said a word all day, and third, you’re getting angry rather easily lately.” Red listed, and I sighed.

I thought of the answer that would make him most uncomfortable “Maybe I’m PMSing.”

Red sighed, and answered, “Maybe.”

I needed an outlet. And then, it hit me! The greatest idea of all mankind! The greatest invention humanity had ever seen!

“Can I borrow 5 pokedollars?” I asked Red, acting as though it was nothing special.

“You mean the 5 pokedollars you still owe me?” He asked jokingly, handing me the light blue paper “Sure thing.”

“Thanks!” I said, standing up and hoping the mart wouldn’t close before I got there. Running along the gravel road, I got to thinking.

Remembering how I’d seen Eliadon writing in that notebook. A diary of course! It would be the perfect place to spill my guts! Green and Red respected my privacy, since I was the only girl, and wouldn’t go looking through my stuff. But this would be more then just a regular diary. It’d be a notebook. One that I would share with Sapphire! If she agreed of course.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Yeah!” Sapphire answered me when I’d explained my train of thought to her once I got back “You start though, I have to think about what to write in it.”

“Okay, so we’ll alternate. I’ll write in it today, and you write in it tomorrow. A page worth each day, and keep it interesting!” Blue grinned “Now, before the guys wonder where I am, I’ll give you the notebook tomorrow.”

“Kay!” Sapphire replied as Blue closed the door to room 403 behind her.

Blue had never felt better. She had a brand new best friend, and they were going to share all their secrets. Sapphire wasn’t a gossipy girl. She wouldn’t’ tell anyone. And, Blue felt really comfy in her fleece happy bunny sleep pants, and too-small white tank top, that let a portion of her belly button show. But her figure was slim enough to do such a thing. Though being her age, her thin figure didn’t exactly contribute to her bust, and so, in result, she often felt like a surfboard. Not that many curves, and not that many attributes that would contribute to her looking less like a broomstick.

But that wouldn’t bother Blue today, as she pranced into the room she shared with her other two best friends. Red asked her what she bought with mild curiousity, and she showed him the sparkly cobalt blue notebook with her blue Azurill mechanical pencil, with an azurill cap covering the light blue eraser.

“Cool.” Red shrugged, “What’s it for?”

“Girl stuff.” Blue replied.

“Speaking of girl stuff,” Green spoke up, from the bunk atop Red’s “You left a present for the world to see, and I was nice enough to grab a pair of tongs from the cafeteria and bring it back here.”

The boy pointed to Blue’s pillow without looking, and returned to his book.

And a scream was heard throughout the pokemon center as Blue caught sight of the black silk bra that lay on her pillow, with a pair of metal tongs laying next to it.

The girl immediately stashed it away from the boy’s sight, who were presently looking anywhere but at the girl, and Blue grumbled “Pervert.”

“Hey, you should’ve seen the dude that was making youngsters pay 50 cents to see it. So to save you the humiliation, I brought it back for you.” Green shrugged.

“Using tongs???” Blue asked.

“You think I’d touch something that had touched your chest? No.” Green replied, turning a page in his book.

Blue flushed “Whatever.” And she turned the notebook open to the first, blank, clean, and crisp page, ready to talk all about that experience. But it ended up being a little more then what she’d planned.

First to review! (Nobody's been updating their fics lately... :() WELL... time to find any mistakes...

replied smoothly

It's not a good idea to use something twice like that. But it's your fic, so go ahead.

...your yelling at me!”

A very minor mistake, but it's you're.

Well, no more mistakes!!

“YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT?!”
LOL!!! That's hilareous!

Well, Kitteh & Mudboy out.

~Kitteh & Mudboy (a.k.a. Murderin' Mudkip and/or ;258;)

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Thankies Kitteh, for being such a great chappie to chappie reviewer! *huggles* And to the rest, for reviewing! X3

-------------------------------------------

Dear Sapphire.

I don’t know why, but I’ve been thinking about Green a lot lately. A little more then I should I suppose, but still- I can’t help it. I’m taking a wild guess that you already know I really like him. But, nowadays, I can barely even tell if we’re even friends. He’s so confusing. One minute he’ll say he’s my friend, and the next minute he’s not sure. I don’t know what I’m supposed to tell him without freaking him out.

Blue sighed and the boy in question’s voice came from the top bunk “Blue,” He groaned exhasperatedly “Go to sleep already. Turn off the light.”

“Hold on!” Blue whined, as the boy rolled his eyes and tossed his head back upon his pillow.

He’s never looked twice at me…more then a friend anyway. I suppose, best friends are never meant to be more then just that. Best friends. I really like him though.

She grimaced at the words and pulled the azurill off the end of the pencil, rubbing out the lead with the blue eraser.

Blue sighed and bit her lip, glancing back up at Green’s bunk. She gasped to see him, arms crossed underneath his chin as he watched her with a bored expression “What?” She asked, blushing furiously as she closed the notebook.

“You know I can’t sleep with lights on. Might as well wonder what your doing.” He shrugged.

Blue huffed, “Well stop looking over my shoulder!”

“I can barely see the words Blue. I’m on a bunk bed.” He pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

Blue ‘hmphed’ and re-opened her notebook.

’Has this kind of thing ever happened to you? When you really screwed your chances with someone you like? I mean, we’re friends, in my view, but, I’m not so sure about him anymore. I used to be positive, but now that I’ve asked him, he doesn’t seem to care at all.’

“Blue, can I ask you something?”

Blue felt her heart stop pumping, her brain stop thinking, and her blood freeze as a chill ran down her spine. Could it be?

But, the answer again, was no.

“Why are you suddenly so interested in whether I’m friends with you or not?” Green asked, casually, Red opening an eye in interest, knowing both his friends had deemed him asleep.

Blue didn’t respond, but continued to scribble.

’And everytime he asks me questions like the one he just asked me, (too lazy to write out) it just feels like he might as well have stabbed me right where my heart is. Because I’ll never have an answer for him until he understands himself.

“Blue?”

“I don’t know.” She replied smoothly “Why not?”

Green blinked, and pulled himself out of the tangled blankets, “You’ve never cared before.”

Blue turned around, her frustrated glare flickering to Green, and snapped, “Who says?”

Green sighed and shook his head exhasperatedly “Listen Blue, I’m not trying to get you mad at me, as amazing as the fact is, but I just want an answer. Why are you being so pissy?”

Blue looked down at Red, who quickly shut his eyes. She sighed, and turned back to the notebook, which she closed, tossing the pencil on top of it. Pushing herself back, and out of the chair, she stood, hands on the desk as though to support her, just to make sure she didn’t collapse.

“So much for being smart.” Blue mumbled.

Green slammed a fist against the walls, making both Blue and Red jump.

“Just answer me!” He snarled “Stop stalling, because you’ve already stalled for three weeks.”

Blue clenched her fists and slowly shuffled over to her bed, making sure her sniffles were silent, and her tearing eyes not visible to the frustrated boy “I’ll stall as long as I want.” She mumbled, hoping her voice wouldn’t crack and give it all away as she climbed into bed, holding herself as far to the wall as she could, so he wouldn’t be able to see her.

Red turned his head slightly to watch the unmoving figure of one of his best friends “Blue, Green didn’t mean anything bad when he never gave you an answer.”

He heard a gasp come from her bed as she realized Red had been awake.

“He just wasn’t prepared to give you an answer Blue. Green needs time to think on his answers, you know that.”

The room was silent for the rest of the night, as Green sat up, awake and listening to sniffling that Blue was trying to muffle to no avail. He hated this place, this memory, and this entire dilemma. And when the sniffling subsided, he finally felt tired enough to even try to catch the last hour of sleep.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

~Midnight~

Ruby grunted awake when a loud bang came from another room, sitting up blearily and making sure his hat was still on. He glanced at Sapphire and was surprised to see her awake, and staring at the floor underneath his bunk in worry.

“What’s up?” He asked in a sleepy drawl, as Sapphire shifted, clutching her blankets closer.

“Blue and Green are arguing again.” She sighed.

Ruby scratched his head and yawned, “Since when do they don’t?”

“You haven’t been here for the past few weeks Ruby.” Sapphire stated dryly.

He was silent for a minute, and swallowed a lump in his throat, plopping back down onto his pillow “I’m sorry okay? You don’t have to bring it up every single time I don’t get something.”

Sapphire didn’t reply as she turned over, back facing the wall “It doesn’t feel the same anymore.”

Ruby blinked, and turned his head to stare at the slightly depressed girl, “What doesn’t feel the same?”

“Being around you.” Sapphire replied.

“….Well, I never expected it to feel the same. Why did you?” He asked.

Sapphire sat up without warning, her brow furrowed as she thought hard “I don’t know. I just always thought that after it was all over I would be able to do the things we used to do together. I don’t even feel right sleeping in the same room as you anymore."

Ruby sighed, and sat up as well “Do you want me to go to the other room?” He asked.

“…That’s the thing.” Sapphire thought aloud “I want you to go, but I want you to stay…”

Ruby sighed, and pulled the warm blue cover’s off of his legs as he slipped on a pair of red slippers.

“What are you doing?” Sapphire asked in a slightly panicked voice.

Ruby rolled his eyes, and sat next to Sapphire on her bed and smiled “I think I’d rather stay then go.”

Sapphire blinked, and grinned back “Thanks.”

“I guess I feel like that too, but more like, I felt weird, being in the same room as you again and everything was just too quiet. And we used to argue in whispers after we were in bed until you fell asleep out of the blue and I was muttering insults to myself.” Ruby sighed, “I dunno, I guess I felt weird, being able to see you in another bunk instead of on top of mine, where I could kick your mattress and make you freak out.”

“That’s why I slept over here.” Sapphire giggled softly before trailing off “Ruby, I didn’t mean to freak out.”

“I know you didn’t…but you did.” Ruby replied.

“You’re my best friend, so…” Sapphire started awkwardly, sliding her fingers into his and squeezing “You won’t leave again will you?”

Ruby flushed, and determinedly looked away, mumbling “That…depends.”

She pulled her hand away from his and muttered, “Okay…I guess that’s better then nothing…”

He sighed, and realized that it had come out rather offensive, but then wrapped an arm around her shoulder playfully and smirked “That depends on how much of an a*s your being that day.”

Sapphire blinked, her cheeks turning a pale shade of pink before she caught on, “Nice save.” She smirked.

“Yeah well, at least I didn’t get all mushy and stuff.” Ruby shrugged, getting up and returning to his own bed “You alright now?”

“Who’s gotten mushy?” Sapphire retorted, “You’re the one who-…yeah I’m better. I’m still worried about Blue and Green though.”

“Let them sort it out. It’ll only make it worse if Blue knows you’re worried about her.” Ruby shrugged, snapping his eyes shut to make up for lost sleep.

Sapphire blinked and smiled. Clumsy, but he always fixed up his errors. She rubbed her shoulder and wondered why he’d added that little movement.

BLEGH! Sapphire flushed and gave herself a good whack, as Ruby turned over and sighed, “Now your talking to yourself.”

Sapphire felt her face go slack as she realized she’d been saying what she had been thinking “Um…”

“S’okay.” Ruby shrugged as best as he could in a bed “I’ll pretend I didn’t hear it for now…but who knows what kind of blackmail you’ll get tomorrow morning?”

“Ruby!” Sapphire hissed in frustration, but he steadfastly refused to say anything more.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Awkward.” Ruby mumbled to Sapphire as the now rather large group sat in the Pokemon Center lobby.

“No sh*t.” Cammy answered for Sapphire, her arms folded moodily as her expression dark as she became frustrated and ******.

Eliadon sighed, face showing his extreme boredom with this scenario, and said, “Another romantic crisis, running head on for us.”

“This is never going to end.” Toren added, holding a hand to his forehead and shaking his head to scatter his thoughts.

“And we’re right in the middle of it.” Red grumbled, his expression much like Cammy’s.

“I asked for an answer, and you started to cry!!” Green snarled, “What is your problem???”

“Well, I didn’t want to give you an answer Mr. God-Almighty!” Blue screeched, her eyes narrowed in an angry glare.

“Blue, calm down.” Red tried for the billionth time, to no avail.

“Oh yeah, side with him!” Blue pointed her finger at Green’s face, “You always do!”

“Blue, I’m not siding with anyone,” Red sighed, extremely frustrated, “I’m trying to get you two to stop arguing so we can leave for Lavaridge!”

“Nobody’s stopping you from leaving!” Green snapped.

Red sighed and adjusted his hat on his hair “Listen,” He started irritably “I am so over this entire thing.”

Green hesitated, and Blue followed suit. The last time Red had taken the time to neaten his hair underneath his hat, he’d nearly broken Green’s arm with a good vine-whip from Saur.

Green blinked and scoffed, “Who was the one who was insisting I talk to her about it?”

“I meant maturely. Like an adult.” Red grumbled, as Cammy unfolded her arms to stand up.

“Well about time.” Eliadon turned off his gameboy and shoved it into his back pocket “By the time we get to Lavaridge, it’ll be at least past these kiddies bedtimes.”

“Kiddies?” Sapphire asked raising an eyebrow.

“Bedtime?” Ruby folded his arms and stared passively at Eliadon.

“Yes. Kiddies. Yes. Bedtimes.” Eliadon snapped “I’m already one of the most responsible nannies you’ll ever have, and be glad I’m not calling you-“

“Okay let’s go then!” Toren interuppted, and Eliadon glared at him “And lets not call out rude profanities at people 6 years younger then us in the middle of a pokemon center who’s eyes are all on us after that argument.”

“So, incredibly, discreet.” Cammy commented sarcastically to Toren, tapping her foot impatiently “We say we’re gonna leave, but we ain’t movin. As the saying goes, after all is said and done, more is SAID, then DONE.” She accented the words, “said” and “done” to show that she would wait no more to leave for Lavaridge.

Blue glared at Green for a moment longer, before turning to leave, huffing and tossing her long brown hair over her shoulder.

He rolled his eyes and made notions at her, asking Red “What her problem was”.

Red folded his arms and stared at his friend in a very calm way, which made the boy’s best friend roll his eyes again, throw his hands in the air and say, “Fine. Fine. I won’t say anything more about it, just don’t kill me again.”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

It took us forever to get out of Verdanturf, or, at least it seemed that way. Blue was storming up ahead, not exactly stomping, but not exactly treading lightly. Sighing, I scratched my black hair with exhaustion. It was probably 10:00 AM, and I was already exhausted.

Green wasn’t exactly a happy camper either, even though, he never really was ever. He would glance back at me as though he wanted to say something, but always received a glare from Blue which kept him dead silent the entire morning through. Sapphire was recounting her gym battle to Ruby, and it seemed, just for the sake of their other two arguing friends, they were starting to get along, better then just before now, but before…everything.

It was awkward to say the least, and to say the most…I would rather have fought Giovanni all over again.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

I felt like dropping dead.

Was it honestly my fault that she had been crying all night? Was it now my fault that I didn’t have an answer once in my life for her questions? Maybe she had expected me to lie, and say, ‘Of course we’re friends’. But I don’t lie about those things. That kind of thing is something serious that anyone deserves to know the truth about. Even if the truth sucks.

It wasn’t like me, but I really wanted to just turn around and start complaining to Red. He’d listen. Maybe not agree, but listen. Why did I deal with her anyway?

But, knowing her, she’d probably forget all about by tonight. Things in her head didn’t hang around for that long.

“How much further to Lavaridge?” Sapphire asked nobody in particular.

Everyone looked toward Eliadon, who was once again concentrating on his game, and barely noticed that everyone was waiting for him until he sighed, still concentrating he grumbled “Can someone else get it? It’s on my belt.” He indicated to the pouch on his waist with a jerk of his game.

Toren grabbed the pokenav out of it’s black leather case, flipping it open, “Oh, how could we have forgotten? We’re going to Mauville first I guess, since it’s on the way there.” He answered Sapphire who immediately asked, “Is there a gym there?”.

“Let me see that.” Cammy snatched the pokegear out of Toren’s hand as she started fooling around with the buttons.

“What are you doing?” Eliadon asked with uncertainty, as he pressed a button on his game with amazing speed “Don’t screw anything up.”

“I won’t.” Cammy smiled sweetly, and that was enough for Eliadon to glare at her before uttering an, ‘agh!’ and returning to his game.

I sighed. Halfway there, and I was already halfly exhausted, not physically, just…exhausted.

“I feel like mush.” Red drawled “I need to battle.”

“I would battle you, but I don’t think my pokemon are ready for another battle just yet.” I replied, “Perhap’s find a youngster around who’s spirit you can break to pieces.”

“That’ll be fun.” Cammy commented, peering around at her surroundings.

“Or, you could battle me.” Eliadon snapped his game shut and pocketed it, “We can start a new tally.”

“Tally?” Red asked as we still walked on, Blue slowing down ever so slightly to listen to the others talk.

“Yeah to see how many times one person wins and the other person loses. Me and Toren do it all the time- but we’re tied right now.” Eliadon shrugged “So keep your eyes peeled for a good battling site.”

Toren leaned over and whispered into Red’s ear rather loudly, “I think he’s claustrophobic. He hates battling in forests and enclosed spaces like that.”

“I just like to be able to see what’s going on in front of me thanks.” Eliadon replied, peering around at the canopy trees that were slowly diminishing as we left lush and green Verdanturf to, well, the unknown for me. I was interested to see just what kind of pokemon Eliadon would use. I knew for a fact that Red would no doubt be using Pika, or maybe Charizard. He usually did when it came to first battles.

“How about over there?” Ruby pointed to a small, yet open aired field of grass, when the path started to open up- it was fifteen minutes later, and Eliadon was getting ****** at his bad luck. So reluctantly, he moved to the other side of the clearing as Ruby, myself, Blue, and Sapphire rummaged around in the grass for wild pokemon. Toren would be judge, and Cammy would keep score out of their 3 on 3 pokemon battle.

I heard Eliadon ask Red if he was ready, and Red laughed, and merely sent out Charizard who stretched out his wings and roared in a rather menacing way.

Straightening from the grass I watched Eliadon carefully, unintimidated as he tossed out a Marshtomp.

“Woah!!” I heard Ruby’s voice, “Look look Zuzu! That’s what you’ll be someday!”

I glanced down at the -er- rather puny blue pokemon, as Blue asked what it was. Ruby answered it was a mudkip, the water starter for Hoenn, but the look on it’s face didn’t seem as excited as Ruby, seeing the incredible gash across the bright blue pokemon’s face, it looked just as menacing as Eliadon did- at first sight.

Water against fire “Don’t kill Charizard Red!” I called and Red slapped his forehead.

I turned and was surprised to see Blue knelt down at my feet, laughing as she played with a…what was that? I resolved to learn each pokemon’s characteristics by the time we reached the Lavaridge everyone was talking about.

“A surskit!” Sapphire knelt next to Blue and I found two girls squealing over the blue pokemon at my feet.

Sighing I handed Blue a pokeball, and she took it, grinning at the surskit and catching it off guard as it was sucked into the pokeball without warning “That was pure luck.” I commented, but she ignored me, picking up the pokeball and sticking out her tongue at me.

And what did I tell ya?

“Can I see your pokedex?” Blue asked, holding out an expectant hand.

Sapphire stammered, “Umm…uhh…err…what’s a pokedex?”

Me and Blue fell over, and Blue quickly asked, “You haven’t gotten your pokedex yet???”

“She hasn’t.” Ruby said, handing Blue a pokedex, “But I have.”

“What?!” Sapphire exclaimed, “When did you get that?!”

“A pidgeot sent it to me sometime around when I got to Verdanturf. Probably Norman, but your dad probably wants to see you face to face.” Ruby shrugged, and returned to pulling grass apart. Sapphire was quiet for a moment, and I noticed that this “Norman” must have been a rather touchy subject.

Blue on the other hand… “Who is Norman?” She chirped.

I slapped my forehead in frustration, but she ignored me yet again, “Norman is Ruby’s dad. They don’t get along.” Sapphire whispered.

“I can hear you just fine!” Ruby called back, an edge of bitterness in his voice “You don’t have to whisper! The world needs to know that he’s a-“

Sapphire sweatdropped at the long line of rude curse words that followed, and mumbled, “Nice description…”

“Agh!” I turned my head quickly to see Charizard lying on the halfburnt grass with swirls in it’s eyes, Red clutching his dark hair.

“You guys are still on the first battle??” Blue asked in disbelief “And you let a Hoenn trainer beat you?!”

“Disadvantage!” Red explained, flushing and returning a charizard that once belonged to me.

Eliadon laughed, and Cammy punched the air “Score one for Hoenn!” She cheered.

“2 more battles to go!” Red snapped “He hasn’t won just yet!” tossing out another pokeball that I instantly recognized as-

“Laaaax.” A giant snorlax yawned as it stretched to awaken itself.

Eliadon was still unintimidated as he tossed a pokeball from hand to hand, thinking hard as he smirked, “Let’s pop that balloon!” A roar sounded as a navy colored dragon thing popped out, red wings and a red mask. It was strange to say the least. But the strangest part was the way Sapphire seemed to glare at the pokemon, and shrink herself as small as possible behind Blue.

And how Ruby glared, and how his hand kept moving toward his belt.

“Dragonclaw Salamence!”

“Rest!” Red called out as Eliadon groaned.

Bloop.

I coughed as Salamence’s eyes started to widen in surprise, the green claws hitting something as soft as a plush pillow, and- sending the pokemon flying as though it’d just flew into a giant rubber band.

“Rrrooooo!!!” The giant dragon cried as it flew back.

“Fly!” Eliadon sliced at the air for emphasis, as Salamence righted itself, and soared into the air.

Red sighed and said casually, “It’ll just fly off again you know that right?”

“Whoo!” Blue cheered, but for a different reason.

“Another pokemon?!” I asked in disbelief as a pokeball holding a green rose pokemon thing disappeared in a flash of white, sent off to Bill for storage.

“Yeah, I love Hoenn!” She squealed.

I grabbed Ruby’s pokedex out of her hands, annoyed at my utter lack of knowledge and decided to read every entry Ruby had.

Which, totaled, wasn’t much to account for.

I looked up in annoyance, holding the open pokedex in my hands as someone peered over my shoulder.

“Violation of personal space.” I stated, but Blue merely waved it off.

“You stole the thing from me first.” She pointed out, and I snapped the pokedex shut and held it out “Take it if it’s so important to you.”

“It’s is, thank you.” She said stiffly, sticking her nose in the air and stalking away to see if Ruby and Sapphire had found anything of interest.

<’RuRu says you don’t like her.’>

I looked down mildly and saw that mudkip thing sitting down at my feet. I was used to hearing pokemon talk. Blue and Red heard them too. Maybe it was something that you got used to as time progressed, but I’d never thought about it “I don’t.”

<Not like that, like a friend you know?> The blue pokemon shifted.

“…Sometimes she gets a little too nosy and a little too annoying, but she’s still there.” I answered, and the mudkip stood up.

<I dunno, RuRu’s never been wrong before.>

“…” I paused, then asked with disdain, “Who’s Ruru?”

The pokemon stared at me as though I had serious mental problems. I couldn’t say that I didn’t think that fishy thing didn’t have issues of it’s own, but I kept quiet as it explained, <’Ruru, is our nickname for Ruby. You know, I’m Zuzu, Coco is coco and Nana is Nana.’>

“Oh.” I pretended to understand, much less, care “That’s interesting.”

<Coco says that that girl likes you a lot.> The pokemon declared.

Obvious.

“Yeah.” I replied with a sigh “It complicates things.”

“Hey Zuzu!” Ruby called “Check this out!”

The pokemon dashed away without another word, leaving me standing alone in the left hand corner of the clearing. I sat down on a large boulder, wondering just how many people thought I was as thick as to not be able to notice the way Blue’s feelings had changed. Honestly, when she imposed her prescence on your life for a few years, you’d notice.

“Absol, False Swipe!” Eliadon commanded.

And me, being as smart as I am, wouldn’t be able to see something as folly as affection? I could laugh at the thought, if I was in even the slightest mood to laugh.

“Gyrados Hydro Pump!”

After so many years of a dormant crush, she was really dishing it out, testing to see if I liked her in a variety of ways. Whether it was obvious or not, I could bet another 20 of the pokedollar’s she’d given me that I knew the purpose of each and every question and conversation she’d brought up between us.

“Strike one win for Kanto!” Red whooped, punching the air with enthusiasm.

Did she think I was so incredibly logical as to be blinded from her sad attempts to catch my attention? I hated her so much for that. I hated the new her more then anyone else. The girl who was so conscious of what everyone else thought of her, instead of the sly and intelligent girl who could’ve cared less what anyone thought of her as long as she got a few bucks out of it.

“Darn it Eliadon!” Cammy’s voice came “You just totally squared our loss!”

But that girl was long gone. And I could barely hear the others declare who had won and who hadn’t. I could barely listen to that girl cheering for Red and squealing at the victory for our region, trying not to go over the edge so as not to insult Sapphire and Ruby.

“Chill Cammy, we’ll make up for Eliadon’s loss.” Toren laughed, pointing at a sulking punk with a red flag.

When the day came, I knew my answer.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“I hate you.”

“Come on, that’s a stupid reason to hate me.” Eliadon replied coolly, writing in his little book.

“Well I hate you anyway.” Cammy shrugged.

“Now that’s an okay reason.”

“I hate everything about you and the fact that you’re an annoying poser goth.” Cammy added.

“I guess that’s better.”

“Do you honestly want me to start cussing you out?”

“…What do you think?”

“@%$%@^&$%**$%!!!” Cammy grumbled, and Toren sighed.

“I think we can all settle this in a mature way, and instead of cussing and provoking the other, I think we can make up for this single loss.” Toren explained “Besides Cammy, Red is the champion of Kanto.”

“Yeah,” Cammy spat, “And Eliadon’s not the champion of Hoenn- I’ll eat my… I’ll eat Red’s hat before that’s true.”

“That may be sooner then you think.” Toren pointed out.

Eliadon looked up from examining his shoes “Are you inferring something?”

“Yeah, he’s inferring that we’ll beat your butt before you can say that phrase again.” Blue stalked into the room, with a smirk on her face.

“Eat your words prep,” Cammy snapped, “As far as I see, you’ve got a low level Roselia and a puny Surskit.”

“And my Kanto pokemon.” Blue added.

“Idiot.” Green rolled his eyes “Only Hoenn bred pokemon are allowed in the league.”

“…that…would’ve been nice to know.” Blue paused, then shrugged, “But we’ll still beat your butts.”

“You wish.” Toren laughed, “Not with Hoenn pokemon you won’t. Red used all Kanto pokemon don’t forget!”

“Can we think about this once the Hoenn league comes?” Sapphire asked folding her arms “Right now, I’ve got to train for my gym battle. I’m gonna die!”

“I’m not.” Green replied.

“Of course your not.” Red scoffed, “You’re a gym leader smart one.”

“Exactly.”

Silence followed.

“HUH?” Blue broke the silence.

Ruby laughed “Exactly!”

Green smirked “Now someone’s catching on!”

Eliadon sighed, plopping backwards to lay on the cool grass. They’d decided in the end, to stay in the clearing, where it was surrounded by tall trees, and yet there was a clear view of the brilliant Route 117 night sky “Why don’t you just go train then? It’s better to do it then to just talk about it.” He said, staring up at the sky with one unobscured eye.

“Good idea.” Sapphire stood up and waved “I’ll be back later!”

“Well in that case I’m gonna go train too.” Blue stood up, “And Green is coming with me, because I need to talk to him in a “mature” and “adult-like” way.” She pulled Green to his feet and dragged him off.

The clearing was silent for a moment, before Cammy blurted, “She’s bad at lying.”

Red sighed, “And she used to be so good at it too.”

“Well, maybe she’s gotten rusty.” Toren shrugged “That could be a good thing.”

“Knowing how much that girl lies, I think it’ll be a bad thing.” Ruby looked up from the fire of Charizard’s tail “We’ll be able to tell each and every one of her lies.”

A silence “So…” Toren started.

“Let’s tell stories!” Ruby suggested.

“Let’s not.” Eliadon replied.

“Oh we should,” Cammy smirked, “And for starters, why don’t you tell us the thrilling adventure of how you got that oh so gruesome scar across your face?”

“…Let’s not.”

Last edited:
Am I first to review? I dunno... well, whatever. I'm scanning for mistakes:

“Can someone else get it? It’s on my belt.”

Get what? All you say in the next part is:

Toren grabbed it out of it’s black leather case, flipping it open,
And this doesn't tell us what it is!! (Not to make you feel bad or anything.)

2 more battles...

It would be better if you spelled the number out... Just my opinon.

Well, that's all I found, so, peace out.

~Kitteh ;258;