• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Lovely Ego [PG-13 Franticshipping]

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, WHEW! That has to be the sweetest mistake I've ever made dude. I've changed it, I meant Eliadon's Pokenav, but I guess I totally forgot about it.

Numbers. Yeah, it's a changing issue with me. Sometimes I'm too lazy to type it all out and sometimes I'm too paranoid not to type it all out. Depends on my mood...

Bell said:
...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, WHEW! That has to be the sweetest mistake I've ever made dude. I've changed it, I meant Eliadon's Pokenav, but I guess I totally forgot about it.

Numbers. Yeah, it's a changing issue with me. Sometimes I'm too lazy to type it all out and sometimes I'm too paranoid not to type it all out. Depends on my mood...

OK. I understand. XD (Sometimes I'm too lazy to type out numbers too...)

aquakirbyyoshi

~The Closet Maniac~
Nice chappie. Woo, battling scenes.

Ehh, the only thing I gotta say is that to focus more on Ruby and Sapphire's lives of d00m. XD Otherwise, it wouldn't be much more of a franticshipping fic, huh?

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Yeah, I'm workin on it.

[spoil]Gonna kick some peeps out soon enough.[/spoil]

Course, it may leave some ah' ya'll kinda ****** at me. [spoil]Not for kickin the character out but for other things that I shalt not speak of[/spoil]

In fact, I'm kinda ****** at myself to boot, but otherwise this story won't go anywhere. =_= Not kool.

>Bell<

P.S.- Little change, but, luck of the draw, I just forgot what that change'll be! OH wait I remember! *goes off because they'll be majore spoilers if I tell you*

AHAHAHA! Okay, so I asked Ama to change the title. SO! Teh Franticshipping title is gone, though the plans mentions before are still in place. Why did I go through all this trouble? Because I started something on the next chapter that I'm dying to finish...and it has like, nothing to do with Ruby/Saph. XP

Last edited:

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
OMG I am sosososososo sorry for the delay! I was worked up over playing Earthbound for the SNES all over again, and I spent like, the entire week on it, and my other fanfiction that needs serious progress.

I rate this chappie a 0/0, because I'm only building for a few of the peeps to get booted out. The next few chaps will be boring too, so I don't mind if the reviews come like a fly in thick oil.

-----------------------------------
“Listen, I don’t want to hear it.” Green grumbled as Blue dragged him further into the forest.

“Trust me, it has nothing to do with me and you.” Blue said as they stopped in a spot where the underbrush wasn’t as thick.

“Then what in the world could you possibly have to say to me?” Green asked, folding his arms and glaring at her with narrowed eyes.

Blue flared “I have more to say to you then just lovey dovey sap!”

“That’s news.” Green rolled his eyes.

“Listen.” She said stiffly “I was talking to Yellow last night,-“

“No doubt about your love-“

“Stop it!” Blue snarled, “Stop changing the subject if you don’t want to talk about it!”

“I just want this stupid issue to be over with!”

“It’s not stupid!”

“We stand on very different sides of a single cliff Blue!”

“Just shut up and listen!”

Green glared at the girl, wondering if he really didn’t want to talk about it or not. It was too dark, too cramped, and what unnerved him the most was that he couldn’t see her face very well. But he fell silent, for how long it would last was a different story altogether.

“I was talking to Yellow last night- don’t interuppt!- and she said that she was coming to Hoenn to visit us, since she hasn’t seen us in forever-“

“The party was so long ago I can hardly remember it.” Green interjected sarcastically.

“I know, that’s why I think there’s a different reason, but then I was talking to Misty too- don’t interrupt this time either!- and she said that she’s coming to visit Brawly on ‘official gym leader business’ and that she’ll stop by to visit too!”

“That would be keeping ties with Hoenn as for the business, but I don’t see the problem.” Green sighed.

“Hellooo?!” Blue waved a hand in front of Green’s face “And I thought you knew all about love, they’re obviously not coming to visit us dweeb, but Red! Don’t you get it?! It’ll be an all out b*tch-fight over Red!”

“And I’m sure we both know who’s side we’re on.” Green turned to leave, but Blue stamped her foot.

“I don’t care who’s side we’re on, this is Red we’re talking about! He’ll get all nervous and he’ll be sure to screw up his friendship with one or the other! We’re his best friends we’ve got to help!” Blue explained.

Green sighed, paused, and then turned around with a lethal glare that pierced even the darkness of the forest “Listen Blue, Red is…Red. He’ll find a way to squirm out of whatever he’ll get himself into- he always manages to.”

“But they’re both so stubborn-“

“I refuse to impose my views on Red. I think you may know that I fully support him picking Misty for the fact that she’s a more able trainer, and a fellow gym leader, but a best friend should know when to keep their mouth shut and let the other person figure it out on their own. Otherwise they’ll become completely dependant on you. That’s enough for tonight.”

He turned and left without another word.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“So it was a bright and early morning, and me and Eliadon were training for the Sootopolis Gym Battle with Wallace, and we were having our fun with making up weird combo moves.” Cammy started “It got a little out of hand, but I’m goin’ too far ahead of myself.”

Eliadon scoffed “A little?”

“Shut up, I’m telling the story.” Cammy snapped.

An 11 year old Eliadon stood with feet spread apart, his birthday having been 1 week passed. Confidence and excitement was etched across his face, his black fringe messy, but not as long as Toren’s. He had a wide grin on his face, making him look goofy, and not at all like the now surly and depressing Eliadon.

“Just tell the story!” Eliadon cut in, surly and depressing, like Cammy had described.

Cammy crossed her eyes and stuck her tongue out, making an obscene gesture toward the boy who merely scoffed, and stuck his nose in the air. The movement brushed his hair slightly off his eye and it revealed his scar at the perfect moment “See?” Cammy pointed to the wide tan etch across his cheek “That’s what the story’s all about. Anyway,”

“You don’t have a chance against me when we get to the Hoenn league!” Eliadon laughed, as Toren desperately tried to call his Manectric back to it’s feet.

“Shut up!” Toren yelled back in a boyish voice, “I’m workin’ on it!”

“Yeah, for the next 5 years before you’ll ever beat me!” Eliadon replied smugly, folding his arms, his smile turning into a smirk.

“Oh get over yourself!” A girl no older then the other two sitting on the top of the pile of boulders that was really Toren’s Steelix, snapped, “It’s not like your any better then me!”

Eliadon flared “You wanna bet?!”

“I don’t need to stoop so low that I have to prove myself to
you[/I].” She leaned back at the boulders shifted so that she should have a backrest.

The little boy who was presently shorter then Cammy stamped his foot in frustration.[/I]

“What does the fact that I was shorter then you have anything to do with the story???” Eliadon asked, just as angry as Cammy was describing him.

“Don’t interuppt.” Cammy said, brushing him off.

”You’re just scared!” He yelled up to her.

“Am I?” Cammy asked with a smirk, standing up as Toren’s Steelix righted itself, bringing her to an incredible height. The steelix never had really liked Eliadon that much. None of Toren’s pokemon liked Eliadon actually, mainly because his pokemon all acted just like him. Over confident and egotistical.

“Stop trying to intimidate me with a pokemon that’s not even yours!” Eliadon pointed a finger at the girl and snapped, “Come on- let’s battle to see who’s stronger!”

Cammy sighed, and shrugged “It’s your loss.”

With amazing speed, the girl spun and let go of a pokeball that soared straight for Eliadon like a missile. It stopped before it hit the target though, popping open and releasing a Blaziken.

“Absol- tackle!”

“Slash!” Cammy ordered the flaming red toned pokemon, which gave itself a jumpstart by kicking off with it’s powerful legs, straight toward the Absol that was hurtling itself toward it’s foe.

Eliadon laughed as the Blaziken utterly missed, his Absol disappearing into thin air as it turned transparent and whittled away to nothing but air “You don’t think I know your strategy by now?!” He yelled up.

At that moment the real Absol rammed itself into the back of Cammy’s Blaziken, the pokemon flying forward and falling to the ground. It’s outstretched claws skimmed Eliadon’s cheek ever so lightly, but it was enough to tear a gash as crimson splattered across the grass, tainting the green with flecks of blood.

The boy screamed as he fell back from the force of a Blaziken knocking into his legs, clutching his cheek with one hand and reducing his impact with his other hand.

“Eliadon!” Toren yelled, running to his friend as his Steelix lowered it’s head to let Cammy hop off.

“Are you okay?” Cammy asked squatting next to him as he cried harder, scooting away.

“Go away!” He shouted. Still a child at heart, he was immature, and didn’t understand that the incident had been entirely accidental.

“I didn’t mean to!” Cammy said slightly louder in her own childish attitude.

“Well you did!” Eliadon retorted, opening the eye that didn’t have blood flowing underneath it just a crack, and stumbling to his feet, he ran off.

“And that’s the story!” Cammy declared the ending.

“…” Red paused for a moment, then said, “You’re ending kind of ruined the moment.”

“Yeah well, not like there was much moment before hand anyway.” Toren shrugged “That was so long ago! I remember that Eliadon was crying for like, a week!”

“I thought we would drop the subject of me after the story ended!” Eliadon grumbled, flushing at the memory.

“And I remember when Eliadon met that girl!” Cammy laughed, “Wasn’t her name like, Gina or something?”

“Can we not go there?!” Eliadon said loudly, sitting up crosslegged and turning a shade of red.

“Let’s lay off Eliadon shall we? He’s getting kind of ******.” Toren patted his friend on his dark hair, and the boy growled.

“How can I not get ******? I’m getting humiliated! It hurt man! You try getting your eye nearly sliced off by a Blaziken!” Eliadon sighed, “Besides, I thought you were off your rocker then, because I had ****** you off before I thought you did it on purpose to get back at me and that’s why I cried so much!”

Cammy rolled her eyes “Let’s not get mushy.”

“Well I mean I’ve only had so many friends who could take my er- confidence.” Eliadon shrugged “Actually, you didn’t really take it, you just sorta made it backfire…but whatever.”

“What’s in the past is in the past.” Red nodded.

“Man that was boring.” Ruby announced.

Red sweatdropped “You’re so rude!”

Ruby stood up and walked around, “Well, Eliadon already told me that story, just in a different perspective, and I think Eliadon’s perspective was funnier.”

Eliadon laughed, “Yeah, like having a Blaziken flinging it’s arms around like it was trying to fly hurtling right for you!”

“Are you making fun of Blaziken?” Cammy asked, folding her arms.

Eliadon fell silent as a twig crunched. Faint yelling was heard as our favorite quarreling heroes returned. Green led the way, and it was obvious he had said yet another thing that Blue didn’t quite agree with him on.

“Green, you’re the one who usually reasons, you’re being stupid!” She yelled after him.

“You’re being a moron, just leave him be and stop yelling about it because they can hear every word your saying!” Green shouted back, storming through the underbrush in frustration.

“Well now you just gave it away that it’s supposed to be a secret, and the fact that we were training!” Blue snapped, as the two reached the campsite.

“Training for what?! These gym leaders are as weak as the youngsters in Kanto!” Green sat down next to Red, arms folded and expression grim.

Sapphire tiptoed back into the circle and took a seat next to Ruby, whispering “I missed something didn’t I?”

“A lot,” Ruby whispered back “Apparently they’re fighting over something again.”

“Fine!” Blue screeched, “If you don’t care, then I guess I shouldn’t either!”

“Catching on are we?!” Green snarled.

Blue stood with her hands clenched and body stiff and shaking “Ugh!!” She yelled, turning on her heel and stalking back into the woods. It wasn’t long before the greenery swallowed her silhouette entirely.

“What now?” Red asked lightly, trying not to get his already angry friend redder with frustration.

“Nothing.” He spat “She’s just being nosy again.”

“I hate this.” Sapphire whispered to Ruby, and he glanced at her, giving a reassuring smile.

“It’ll be over soon, I promise.” He said, unsure of his promise himself, but it was worth it to see Sapphire brighten, even if it was only ever so slightly. He felt like he’d become her veil of protection, and it was pretty cool, to know someone counted on you.

“Sooo…” Toren leaned back, “Anyone gonna go get her?”

The ring of teens around the snoozing charizard’s tail were silent, and Eliadon broke the monotony by blurting out, “Apparently not!”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

I couldn’t take much more of this. Not even a little. Even when I was concerned for another person, he saw it as some kind of horrifying crime that could never be forgiven. I hated it. I hated that fact that his incredible ability to be cool and collected in any situation had captured my heart, especially when I had planned to be the one to play hard-to-get.

No tears sprang to my eyes today, instead, my eyes felt oddly dry as I stared at the ground where Green had stood just a few minutes ago. My mouth felt dry as well, but that didn’t bother me so much as the thoughts that were running through my head.

But half of them were entirely true.

1. He hated me.
2. I was annoying to him
3. I wasn’t anything, not even a friend to him
4. I have the worst headache right now.

I think the last one was due to the fact that no tears were coming, and I was now scrambling around trying pick up the pieces that had fallen apart these past few weeks.

The first one was obvious, and so was the second. I still couldn’t swallow my pride and accept the third. I had always imagined myself to be someone who was easy to get along with and very…well, moderately pleasant. I noticed that I treated Silver and Red differently then I treated him, but I couldn't help it. It was my reaction to the feeling I got every time I was around him.

My stomach would start to twist and turn, and the back of my throat would burn, and sometimes, just looking at him made me want to puke. Not out of how ugly his face was- his face wasn’t his worst feature, but out of the frustrated and annoyed expression he almost constantly wore these days.

Perhaps the closest I ever got to him was when we were trapped with his grandfather, after he’d ingeniously trapped most of the Deoxys clones in the fallen building and sent Red off to fight Giovanni. When he collapsed, I had caught him, and that, was the closest I could ever remember. Physically, and…well, mentally I guess.

I shuffled over to a small rock that was at least big enough to shield my pink skirt from the dirt. Sitting down I sighed, and cupped my cheek with my hand, still staring at the ground. My mind was made up, and it would help both me, and him, to be at least one region apart for…a long time. I’d tell him a lie about where I was, so he wouldn’t look for me. Not that he would, but just incase.

I had to think for most of the night, and when I finally stood, I was cramped and stiff from sitting in the same position for so long. Trying to find my way back to the campsite, by light of Charizard’s dimming tail, I woke only one person.

“I’m leaving to the Sevii Islands, back home. Tell the others that I’m in Johto, visiting Silver, okay?” I whispered, as the dark haired boy ran a hand through his hair tiredly “I’m trusting you not to rat out on me. Promise you won’t?”

“Sure, promise, whatever.” The boy plopped back down, not really registering what she said. He’d get to that part later.

It was time to do some serious bonding with my mom.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Where is she?!” Red yelled into my face, grabbing me by the collar and pulling me off the ground where I had been sleeping restlessly since I first woke. It was just before dawn that I had awakened, and I was still groggy.

“Where is who? Sapphire’s over there.” I mumbled, trying to pull myself out of his grasp.

“Wake up Green!” Red grumbled, “Blue’s gone! What did you say to her last night?!”

My eyes snapped open and he let go of my collar, letting me fall back to the earth with a thud “No way. You tell me where she is!” I snapped.

“You’re the one she was arguing with last night! You’re the reason she walked into the forest last night! You should know!” Red shouted in a worried tone.

“Stop yelling.” Toren sat up from his spot upon a gigantic Steelix “It’s too early.”

I sighed, rumpling my chocolate hair ever so slightly as I shrugged “I have no idea where she went. If anywhere she went to go meet Yellow or Misty halfway from Kanto.”

“Yeah,” Eliadon yawned “Apparently she went to Johto.” He leaned back again and turned over. But his comfort was short-lived as I grabbed his bangs and pulled to get him awake.

“Listen, where is she?” I asked, slowly.

“I would tell you,” Eliadon started, obviously irritated, “If you could let go of my hair.”

I let go.

“She said she’s going to Johto to visit some Sliver dude of Saliv- ah what the heck, she’s probably visiting someone who lives in Johto.” He said, massaging the spot where the roots of his hair had been nearly pulled right out.

“D*mn” I grumbled.

“You did it, you’re going after her.” Red declared.

“You’re her best friend, she’ll listen to you, if I’m going, you’re coming with me!” I snapped.

We both paused, and I threw a glare at Sapphire, asking an unsaid question.

“I’ll be fine on my own.” Sapphire stated placidly.

“Then let’s go already!” Red hopped upon Aero, his great big flying rock of an Aerodactyl, and I jumped onto Charizard. I hated how this had to be my fault. It’s not like she’d run away because of me. She had to have other reasons, but nobody else could see that fact! Even if it was waving it’s big ugly naked butt in their faces!!

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

I watched as the duo soared away, still arguing.

“D*mn Eliadon you’re a good liar.” Cammy shielded her eyes as she watched the pair become two little specks on the sky.

“What?” Eliadon glanced at her, “I wasn’t lying.”

“And Blue is not good at checking to see if other people are asleep.” Toren folded his arms “They’ll have a fun time looking for Blue when she’s not in Johto.”

“I think we should get going. We have to go through two gym battles before the end of this month so I can get to my contest.” Ruby shrugged, “And I don’t want to miss my contest.”

Cammy shook her head “Without the lovebirds, we’ll go twice as fast.”

“Yeah Ruby, you’ll see. With Blue gone, there isn’t anyone to ask if we can stop every five minutes.” Sapphire laughed, though it slowly trailed off “Hahaha…ha…ha……Eh yeah let’s go.”

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Hmm...lack of reviews. ;_; Another reason why this chapter took forever to get out, but I'm not gonna stop just yet. This story is by far the longest I have ever typed out. Too bad it attracts no audience whatsover. Anyway, after this chapter and the next, it's full time Franticshipping all the way!
not

This continues directly off the last chapter, so read the last paragraph of the last chapter before starting this chapter, otherwise it won't make sense.

And if you read this, REVIEW GOD****IT!! Yup. That's about it. Though I am entirely grateful to the one's who have reviewed already. They are the lurves!

---------------------------------------

But Sapphire would eat those words the instant she realized just how far the others could go without resting. But it’s not like she’d ever say it aloud.

’Must keep trekking! I can’t stop now! I refuse to be a pansy today, and not be able to walk the stretch to Mauville!’ She thought angrily, as she lagged at least a step behind the others.

By the time they made it to Mauville, Sapphire had a full out effort to make it seem as though her feet weren’t stabbing needles into legs, and make it look as though she could go another mile without any problems. Eliadon on the other hand, had no shame in saying he was dead beat.

“Can we stop now??” He asked bitterly as they entered the glass dome of a pokemon center.

“What do you think?” Toren asked, slightly peeved that his best friend hadn’t shut up once they hit the mark that told them they were halfway to Mauville “You go rent the room and sleep if you want too. I’m staying out here.”

“For what? To flirt with Nurse Joy?” Eliadon asked, rolling his eyes and letting a blissey hand him a key “She’s already smitten.”

Toren glared at Eliadon as the boy tossed a key over his shoulder, “This is Ruby and Sapphire’s key.” He said, as he slammed the door of room 27 behind him. A silence followed his departure, and Sapphire groaned “Tomorrow’s the gym battle isn’t it?”

“Yup.” Cammy replied, flopping onto the couch.

“Supportive.” Ruby said sarcastically pulling out a brush.

Toren blinked “You’re going to brush your hat?” He asked, pointing at the brush in Ruby’s hand.

Ruby threw a dirty look at Toren and snapped, “No, I’m going to groom Nana. I would never take off my hat around people.” He dragged the bristle’s through the dog pokemon’s fur, the groggy pokemon having just been released out of it’s pokeball.

“Why not?” Cammy asked boredly, hanging off the edge of the couch “Maybe we can have another story time.”

“Hmm…” Ruby didn’t look up “I’d rather not.”

“Pleeeease?!?!” Sapphire begged, “I’m really curious! Even when you sleep you don’t take it off, and somehow in your sleep you can pick your hand up and check if it’s still on! Why don’t you ever take it off? Doesn’t it get gross eventually?”

“I have taken it off to wash it.” Ruby paused in grooming the little puppy pokemon and pulled out from his backpack a hat, identical to the one on his head.

Toren sweatdropped “How many of those do you have?”

“I have a few backup at home, just incase one of these two get ripped or gross.” Ruby replied taking a good calculating look at Nana’s fur before returning to brushing.

“Sooo…any stories to tell?” Cammy asked, drawing random pictures on the white carpet with her forefinger.

“Nope.”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

A red haired boy sighed and shook his head “I haven’t seen Blue since the party. If I did see her around, I probably would’ve been too busy taking care of this baby.” Silver glared at an empty spot, his eyes widening “No way. Not again!”

In fact, the ‘baby’ was wandering around the streets, flirting with just about any girl he saw “GOLD!” A voice boomed, as someone grabbed his hoodie and dragged him back to Silver “You pervert! Silver you’re supposed to be watching him while I shop!” Crystal snapped.

“I was talking to Red!” Silver defended, “It’s not my fault!”

Crystal blinked and looked at the two of us “Oh hi guys, what’s up? Where’s Blue?”

“Exactly.” Silver sighed, “They can’t find her. She’s supposed to be in Johto somewhere.”

Crystal shook her head, “If anyone knows it’s Gold. Have you groped Blue’s butt lately?” She asked the boy who quickly straightened, pulling himself out of Crystal’s grasp, and shook his head.

“Nobody here looks remotely like Blue. Nobody’s butt is quite as-“

“Nobody wants to know either.” I interuppted.

“We’ll keep an eye out for her.” Crystal scribbled something onto a piece of paper before handing it to me, “You can call Silver’s pokegear if you find anything. He’s always got it with him.”

Gold sighed, shaking his head “You are truly stupid. Why not just call Blue’s pokegear?”

I glared at him, holding up a watch-like device that was painted a bold blue color.

“So, remind me who’s stupid?” I rolled my eyes, and returned it to my pocket “Gold should have Erika’s pokegear number. Red still hasn’t returned it yet, so call that number if you find anything.”

“Yes sir.” Gold mock saluted me, and I gave him a good glare before turning around to Red “I’m going to Cianwood to ask Chuck if he’s seen her. You should try Goldenrod.”

Red nodded, and we parted ways.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“I feel kind of bad for Green.” I mumbled.

Ruby looked up from playing with ZuZu “Why?” He asked me.

“We led him on the totally wrong road!” I said pointing out the obvious “He was worried! And he’s Green! It’s a big step for him!”

“And Red wasn’t worried?” He asked holding a small bone above ZuZu’s head as the mudkip jumped up to try and get it “Don’t stress out Saph, they’ll be fine.”

I blinked. Oh, Saph was me. “I know they’ll be fine, but I wish I could talk to Blue. If only for a little bit.”

“Call her pokegear.” Ruby suggested “Oh wait, nevermind, Green found her pokegear, forget that.”

I sighed, and stared out the window of the small room, this time, only one bunk on the left side of the room. Ruby leaned over from underneath my bunk to get a better look at me, “Don’t stress over it, they’re elite trainers, they can handle it.” He said, tossing the bone off the bed, Zuzu giving mad chase to it.

“I know, but a girl has to worry about her friend sometimes.” I replied.

“That’s a news flash.” Ruby rolled his eyes and tugged at the bone in Zuzu’s mouth as the little pokemon returned to it’s spot upon his bed.

I narrowed my eyes suspiciously and leaned over the side of my bunk “What’s a news flash?” I asked.

“That you would even remotely decide to follow those crazy girl laws.” Ruby didn’t look at me as he continued to wrestle with Zuzu, the pokemon refusing to let go of the bone.

“I thought we discussed this.” I grumbled.

Ruby finally sighed and let go of the bone, “Listen, it was a joke. You should stop being so uptight.” He leaned back and let his head fall upon the lumpy pillow, “There’s nothing to be so defensive about.”

I pulled myself back to the safety of mattress, instead of hanging halfway off the bunk, “I can’t help it.”

“Well try to help it.” Ruby replied, stuffing his face into his pillow.

It fell silent after that, and I could hear Ruby’s steady breath, which signified that he’d fallen asleep. I guess I was still a little sensitive about anything he said, but who wouldn’t be? Before, every little thing he said to me was dead serious, and I guess I just wasn’t used to being friends with him again. It was really the first time, because when I first met him, we weren’t really friends.

Leaning back over the edge of my bunk I saw that he had removed his face from the pillow’s surface for easier breathing. Zuzu had buried himself underneath Ruby’s arm, like a blanket, and the two were sleeping peacefully.

I smiled at the sight, and was startled when Ruby suddenly opened his eyes and asked, “What?”

I panicked, and found an excuse, “Zuzu’s so funny.” I whispered, as if I weren’t blushing madly and my heart wasn’t going a billion miles an hour.

“Yeah.” He replied, “Well, whatever. Night.”

“Night.” I replied, speaking normally, but rigid and stiff in an odd and uncomfortable position. I dared not make the same mistake again. Who knew how well my acting skills would kick in the next time?

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“You’ll want to use a ground pokemon for this battle,” Toren lectured, “Because Wattson is an Electric type Gym Leader.”

“She doesn’t have any ground pokemon, she’s only got a torchic.” Ruby interuppted him, and Toren glanced at me with a look that said, ‘Are you serious?’.

I nodded sheepishly and he slapped his forehead “Have fun then.” He said standing up and walking away.

“You’re nice.” Cammy rolled her eyes and turned to me, “Just do what you do while training, and you should be fine. Type advantages don’t always mean you’ll win.”

I could feel my inside’s writhing. Would I be as lucky as I was last time? Wattson was bound to be harder then Roxanne, and just the thought made me shiver. Roxanne was one tough cookie.

“Relax already, if you screw up the first time you can try again you know.” Ruby walked up to us, pulling his hat on tighter around his head with Zuzu following him groggily “It’s not that big of a deal.”

“To you.” I answered bitterly, “You’ve got three pokemon, and you don’t do gym battles.”

He shrugged “Three pokemon and only two follow my orders.”

“Where’s Eliadon?” I asked suddenly, wanting to ask him what attacks he thought I should use. He was supposedly really good with which moves should best be used against other pokemon.

“He left.” Cammy leaned back on the white arm chair she sat upon, “Just this morning.”

“What? When?” Ruby asked, “Why?”

“He left,” Cammy repeated, “This morning, and because he’s going to go help the weather institute figure out what’s going on with the weather in Pacifidlog lately. The storms are making everything sink. Toren’s gonna go too. But he’s sticking around for your gym battle.” She nodded toward me.

“Oh…” I remembered Pacifidlog. I’d fallen off those wooden bridge things one time, and nearly screamed myself hoarse when a billion sharpedo’s started heading toward me. Bad memories.

“What about you?” Ruby asked, “Are you going?”

“Are you kidding me? And spend at least another week with both of those morons?” Cammy asked as though she’d rather drown herself with a bunch of sharpedo’s hanging around her, “I’m going to Slateport to visit a friend. I’ll be there for awhile, so once you guys get there, I’ll probably still be there. But I’m hanging around for another day or so, just to make sure you guys don’t kill yourselves.”

“We can handle ourselves just fine.” Ruby said sitting down across from Cammy, “We’re not 5 year olds.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.” Cammy shrugged, “But your still-“

“Eleven.” Toren finished for her, “And we, are sixteen, therefore, you, are puny kids who could even count as our siblings-“

“Heaven forbid.” Cammy added.

I glanced at Ruby with an annoyed look and he did the same, “Whatever.” We chorused.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Wattson turned out to be an elderly man, who laughed way too much.

“Stop looking so serious!” He laughed, “There’s nothing to be afraid of!”

I could see Sapphire getting annoyed with his boisterous personality, as she narrowed her eyes in frustration. She probably felt like she wasn’t being taken seriously, but I doubted anyone Wattson ever faced got taken seriously.

“She’s not relaxing.” Toren muttered to me.

“I don’t think she ever relaxes.” I replied, Zuzu sitting on my lap, and Cammy to my left, “She relies a little too much on luck if you ask me.”

“You haven’t seen her in a gym battle.” Cammy glanced at me.

“I’ve seen her train.” I shot back.

The judge lifted two multi-colored flags, one red, one green, “This battle between Wattson of Mauville City, and Sapphire of Littleroot, for victory of the Dynamo Badge!” The flags waved to the judge’s sides and Wattson started it off.

“Let’s start with a shocker!” He paused to laugh, making Sapphire clench her fists in annoyance, “Go Manectric!”

“Come on Chaka let’s burst their bubble!” Sapphire tossed out the red and white pokeball. She became ever more frustrated when Wattson laughed again.

“Good one!” He said jovially, again, making Sapphire cringe, “Manectric, thunder!”

“Dodge it!” Sapphire snapped at the little torchic who jumped sideways and out of the lightning’s way “And follow up with Fire Spin!”

Flames erupted from the little bird pokemon’s beak and surrounded the dog pokemon, though the Manectric simply found an opening and hopped out of the fiery tornado without a single scratch.

I wanted to laugh at the expression on Sapphire’s face. Her eyes wide and mouth gaping, I knew she was surprised that the pokemon could so easily dodge a move she’d been trying to perfect for the last few weeks.”

She clenched her fists and narrowed her eyes in frustration, as though it might help her win.

“She’s getting serious.” Toren said in a sing-song voice, his arms folded as the three of us sat on the bleachers.

“And ******.” Cammy added, minus the extra song in her voice.

“Chaka use-“ Sapphire was cut off when the little torchic, feeling it’s trainers frustration and annoyance, began to glow! The wobbly legs Chaka once possessed morphed into strong and sturdy legs perfect for running and kicking, becoming more like a chicken in appearance as it grew out long wings- arm-like in use.

“What you’ve got there is a combusken!” Wattson boomed, and Sapphire didn’t even have time to get annoyed with him.

“Chaka, use peck!” Sapphire called, as the pokemon charged toward the Manectric, which had sat down to patiently wait out the evolution. Though even with newfound power, Manectric didn’t seem slightly phased. It had obviously seen many battles, and probably almost nothing scared or surprised it anymore.

Though I had a faint guess that it might quake at the sight of Green, Red, and Blue’s starters. They were indeed, massive for their species.

“Manectric, use spark!” Wattson commanded, his pokemon finally standing from it’s spot and charging up electricity in it’s golden mane. It was fast, and in seconds it was running toward Chaka, ready to ram it’s body into the bird pokemon.

And that’s exactly what it did.

But not before Chaka put a good dent in it’s mane with a peck attack.

The electricity that Manectric had charged up dissipated when the dent frazzled it’s mane and the dog pokemon stumbled backward, shaking it’s head with it’s eyes closed in a daze.

Chaka on the other hand, had easily landed on its powerful feet, and Sapphire ordered a Double Kick without even waiting for Wattson to regroup.

Manectric called out in surprise as Chaka collided her foot with his face “Maeee!” It landed smack on it’s side before Chaka stomped it’s second blow on it’s stomach, using the kick as a catapult to jump back to the other side of the field.

“Manectric, you alright there buddy?” Wattson asked.

The dog pokemon stumbled back to it’s feet and shook the surprise from it’s head before barking it’s reply to it’s trainer. “Good!” Wattson praised, “Then let’s end this a little faster with Thunder!”

“Before it can charge up Chaka quick! Use ember in the formation we practiced!”

Chaka sent a curving flame to it’s right and then to it’s left, jumping upward as a bolt of lightning was sent directly toward it, the jolt missing entirely while Manectric became surrounded by the ember attack. The little diskette’s spun around the other ember attack until it resembled a fire spin, just with fewer openings, and chances for escape.

The judge lifted up the green flag, signifying Sapphire’s victory as Manectric fell to the ground, exhausted from charging up so much electricity, and then losing it all, then having to charge it all up again “Sapphire of Littleroot is the winner!” He called out.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“This my serious little friend,” Wattson said, “is the Dynamo Badge. You earned it.”

“Thanks,” Sapphire started but quickly glared at Wattson as he handed her the ‘dynamo’ badge.

“It’s as powerful as dynamite!” Wattson began to laugh again as Sapphire chucked the red stick of dynamite over her shoulder, “But seriously, here’s the REAL Dynamo Badge.” He handed her the golden badge, and she thanked him again.

“Come back to visit sometime! I think you kids would have fun at the Trick Master house!” He called after them as they walked back to the Pokemon Center, Sapphire needing a well earned night of sleep.

“That sounds like fun.” Sapphire said sarcastically.

Toren shook his head “It is, you get rare items after you finish, but you two aren’t ready for it yet, your pokemon don’t even know cut yet.”

“Speaking of things you don’t have,” Cammy said, looking pointedly at Toren, who jumped.

“Oh! Here,” He handed Sapphire a red box thing, “this is the pokedex Professor Oak sent over. The one you never got? You can have Eliadon’s Cut HM too. He never uses it.”

He also gave Sapphire a little disk, which she stared at “Wow I won a lot of things today didn’t I?”

“You have to share that HM with Ruby for the time being though.” Cammy said, and Sapphire sighed.

“Well I still got lots of stuff on my own.” She shrugged.

Ruby shook his head “You got a Dynamo Badge. On your own. With training help? Yeah.”

Sapphire glared at the boy who laughed nervously, “Again, a joke!” He said quickly, and she let it go.

“I’ll see you guys later, I need to go help Eliadon.” Toren tossed a pokeball in the air and an Altaria appeared, “You’ve got my PokeNav number right? Call me if you need me!” Hopping onto the bird pokemon, he added, “Don’t get yourselves into trouble. Bye!”

“If you’re going to leave, just leave already!” Cammy interuppted bitterly, annoyed that his goodbye was taking so long.

Toren blew a stray strand of brown hair from his face in frustration, before taking off.

“He sure is a sap.” Sapphire noted.

“You noticed?”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
this is indeed a very interesting story, there are very few stories that i've read that revolve around the manga (then again, I don't look too much for them) please do continue with the story :p

I am not an expert with spelling and/or grammer, so I will not point them out, I leave that to the experts :/

Last edited:

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Random:Thanks! New Reviewers make my day! Actually, it would've been an anime fic, cept, I ain't a Hoennshipper, if yah catch my drift. *shrugs* I thought a manga style fic would be beast, no matter how much audience it attracted. Ain't no major experts hanging out around this fic my friend, feel free to point out any mistakes you think might be mistakes.

Kitteh:...Encouraging...*sarcasm*...okay, well, whatever.

Indeed, Toren is quite funny. > >;;

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Umm
Here are my thoughts
There is one major problem with your fanfic
Too many characters
I think you are doing a great job describing everyone
But i think Cammy and the other OCs are...forgive me... a little bit annoying.. some times they are just like cheap imitations of Red, Green and Blue
I think you should stop giving those characters POVs and replace them with Red, Blue and Green

Excellent storyline/grammer
Keep up the great work

Patar

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Patrickstar: o_O Cammy, Eliadon, and Toren don't belong to me. I wanted them to seem like Red, Green, and Blue, so that it might show how parralleled Ruby and Sapphire were when they were traveling apart. Ruby had the Hoenn elite's and Sapphire had the Kanto Elites. Though, I have to say, I'm not going to be surprised if you guys stop reading this story VERY soon. The next few chapters are rather messy, because I realized I screwed up like ****. I should've read the entire Hoenn summaries on the main site before writing this fic.

So now I have to find a way to stuff Ronono in, and another way to get Sapphire to get back to Dewford. o.X This sucks.

>Bell<

Cammy--AquaKirbyYoshi
Toren--.::Tempest::. (PC)
Eliadon--Deathspector (PC)

So yeah.

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
^ But thats the best part of this story to me, You're not following the manga storyline, or the set storylie that has already been done, which is what most auther's do, except that they throw in their own twists (From what I have read, so I could be wrong)

Then again, I can only imagine what you have to go through just to make everything flow. Well, if it means anything at all, i'll keep reading untill the bitter end :/

(and on an off-topic note, I have a question, I noticed your former name was CobaltFlux, This diddnt mean anything at first, but then you mentioned you played DDR on a mteal pad, then it hit me. So the question is were you named after the CobaltFlux Metal DDR pad?[The, so-called, highest quality metal dance pad you could get] Or, was it just a really big, terrible couincidence?)

Last edited:

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Bell: Nah, ill keep reading ur fanfic now matter what happens. You kinda got me hooked XD. Actually, ur fanfic kinda inspired mine XD.

Random H3ro: Im not requesting Bell to follow the manga storyline. Its just that the fanfic will get really confusing if there are too many characters.

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Okay you guys, I'm really sorry for the incredibly late update, I'm kinda running low on inspiration. There's not much to say anymore, and I need to get things done in this story that I just don't want to get done. o_O;; SO, it'll be on slow progress, so slow that it may be on Hiatus for some time...again...

The song is Still, by Ben Folds
----------------------------------------
This time, it was my turn to be the one awake all night, and Sapphire’s turn to be asleep in mere seconds. Unlike her, I couldn’t stand just lying in bed doing nothing, and so I wondered how I could break it to her the fact that I just couldn’t wait for her when we arrived at Lavaridge. There was nothing waiting for me there, and I needed to get to Fallarbor if I wanted to make it in time for that contest.

Again, it was my turn to stare at her sleeping figure, and unlike her, I was sure that she was sleeping like a rock. I was on the other side of the room then the bed, and was packing my things for tomorrow in the light of a lone lamp, that only dully lit the room.

She was so sensitive! For some stupid reason, she could take everyone else’s jokes beside’s mine. Did it really take her that long to forgive someone?!

I for one, had already put our fight in the past, though the thought of what had triggered that huge quarrel still made my cheeks burn with frustration and embarrassment.

Shaking my head, I realized that my cheeks were burning again, so dragging my thoughts away from that rather touchy subject, I clipped Coco, Nana, and Zuzu’s pokeballs onto the strap of my yellow backpack. In another attempt to keep my mind away from that incredible violation of personal space with Sapphire, I wondered where Blue was, and how Green and Red were doing with their search for her.

Probably not very well for Green and Red.

I heard a light pitter patter on the window of our room and realized that it was raining. It wasn’t a pouring rain, just a light drizzle. I found it odd, because just today, the sky was cloudless, and it had been a warm and clear day. Then again, this was exactly why Eliadon and Toren had left.

“I’m sorry Ruby.”

I wasn’t surprised to see that Sapphire had awakened. She’d been asleep since we got back from the gym, and that had been a few hours back.

“For what?” I asked, turning around.

“For not taking your jokes and stuff like that.” Sapphire shrugged, her arms hugging the pillow, “I’m still getting used to being friends with you right now. Eventually though, it’ll be fine, because I’ll know when you’re joking and when you’re not.”

I blinked. She was making this all the harder, telling her that I was going to leave after we got to Lavaridge. I couldn’t tell her during this day of glory, the day she’d received her Dynamo Badge.

“It’s fine. That’s what friend are for.” I replied.

“Yeah, I guess so.” She smiled, and said, “But I am being a hypocrite, because I joke too, and you never get mad at me, so I felt kind of bad.”

“Don’t.” I shook my head, “I don’t take any kind of those insults seriously. I hear too many of them to take any of them seriously.”

She furrowed her brow and asked me, “When do you hear them?”

Ah, I had baited myself into this. Her too, so I couldn’t really blame her but… “Home.”

“…Oh.” She shifted uncomfortably, and I shook my head again, “Don’t let it bother you Saph, you can go back to sleep.”

“Nah.” She said, “I’ve been sleeping for a long time, I’m not tired anymore.”

Awkward silence. These were the worst for me. It always meant that Sapphire was going to break the quiet with something sappy again. She acted normal enough around me during the day, but at night, she was an entirely different person. Quiet and contemplative.

“Hey Ruby?” She asked.

Here we go.

“Yeah Saph?”

“Why do you fight with your dad so much?” She cocked her head to one side to emphasize her confusion.

I narrowed my eyes, and my grasp on my backpack strap tightened. She must’ve seen it, because she quickly added, “You don’t have to answer me if you don’t want to!”

I looked up at her, her blue eyes slightly nervous for my reaction. Staring at her I asked, “Do you really want to know?”

She paused for a second, then said, “Is it bad?”

“No,” I kept my gaze on her, “I’ll answer you if you really want to know, but if not, then I’d rather not talk about Norman.”

“Would you mind if I did want to know?” She asked, treading lightly.

“Nope.” She nodded, and I sighed, “Thought so. I’m…not entirely sure why we always end up fighting. We just do. He’s so pushy. No matter what I do, it doesn’t seem like it’s enough for him.”

“He’s always giving me long lectures, about the smallest things. My battle strategy, the people I hang out with, the things I say. And so, I stopped hanging out with people, to stop him from criticizing my friends, and I stopped talking around him, to stop him from yelling at me for saying something bad. Then he started lecturing me on how I needed to be more social. Nothing I do is good enough for him, as I said.”

I was spilling my guts out, but she was listening, so, why not?

“I can’t beat him in battles, he says I don’t try, because I don’t like battling-“

“Why not?” Sapphire asked me.

I fell silent and she added, “Okay we’ll cover that some other time, continue?”

“And, he said that I wasn’t allowed to go participate in contests. I ran away and left for Littleroot and I met you. Professor Birch sent me back home, and I ended up getting in another argument with him. I hate him so much!” I snapped, and she smiled at me.

“What are you smiling about?” I asked, flushing as I realized that I really had spilled my guts out.

“You know, Norman’s right. You are pretty anti-social to people other then me, Green, Eliadon, Blue, and well, you know. I’ve never seen you talk to a stranger, or, someone who’s name you don’t know. That is, unless you’re defending yourself in a verbal war, like how we met.”

I thought about it for a moment, and said, “Making friends is just harder for me. People think I’m girly and just sort of avoid me.”

“I think you’re girly and I don’t avoid you.” She said.

“Thanks.” I said sarcastically, “The encouragement is really a big help.”

She cocked her head to one side and shrugged, “I didn’t mean it in a bad way.”

I looked down at my hands, and entwined them with each other, chewing on passing thoughts, a war of choices ravaging within my mind. Tell her now? Or later?

Later, I decided on.

“So, are you ready for the battle with Flannery?” I asked her casually, and she looked away.

“No. I need more pokemon. I may go down to Slateport first, you know, follow the real route we were supposed to take?” Sapphire said, and I froze. She ruined all my plans “Something the matter with that plan?” She asked, noticing my sudden tenseness.

I turned around and laughed uneasily, and said, “Well, my contest is in Fallarbor Saph.”

She blinked, and narrowed her eyes, “Oh yeah.” She said bitterly, turning back over onto her bed, her back facing me as she fell silent.

“Sapphire, I can’t hold your hand around Hoenn forever.” I said, flinching as I realized that I’d tread on sensitive ground. We shared an awkward silence for a long time, before she sighed.

“I know.” She said, shifting, and falling silent…again.

I rolled my eyes at her, careful not to make a sound as I crossed my eyes and stuck my tongue out, and then turned around, picking up my backpack and tossing it at the foot of my bunk “Well, goodnight then.” I said, throwing myself upon the sheets without even kicking off my running shoes.

“…Night.” She replied, her tone sour.

Honestly, sometimes I wondered if she was starting to consider me her mom or something. She couldn’t do anything alone! Suddenly, the idea of being looked up upon was so appealing. I wasn’t sure if I could handle the responsibility of constantly being her confidante, when I could hardly be my own.

I looked up as my pokenav started to beep, the red light flashing and piercing the darkness of our room, and I sighed, reaching over for it.

“Hello?” I said into the screen.

“Sorry for calling so late, I lost track of the time, being chased by wild mightyena does that to you!” Professor Birch’s cheerful voice came, the man laughing heartily, “How’s the journey?”

‘Perfect timing.’ I thought sarcastically, plastering on a smile, and saying cheerfully, “Great!” Sadly, my voice cracked, and Professor Birch narrowed a suspicious eye at me.

“My you’re hormones are acting up aren’t they?” He laughed, and I sighed in relief. He was like Wattson right now, and he asked for Sapphire.

“Sure hold on.” I covered the three holes marked, ‘mic’ and looked up, “Saph?” I whispered gently.

She sighed, turning over and draping an expectant hand over the side of her bunk, I stared at the hand for a moment, then placed the pokenav in her hand as I felt kind of guilty.

Leaning back and ignoring their conversation, I closed my eyes and thought. I knew she depended on me right now, still fresh in the world, and that was probably why I’d felt so nervous about telling her I was leaving.

I, must, give the impression,

That I have the answers for everything.

I needed to unwind. Perhaps the time away from her this time, instead of making me sick to my stomach, would make me less tense.

You, were, so disappointed to see me unravel so easily,

It’s only change, it’s only everything I know

Either that, or it would have the same effect as last time. This time though, I wouldn’t have Eliadon and Cammy arguing all the time, reminding me of the way me and Sapphire used to fight. Maybe I might be able to forget about it for awhile…

It’s only change and I’m only changing…

You, want something that’s constant,

And I only wanted to be me…

I sat up, and stared at my yellow backpack. If I went to Fallarbor…and she went to Slateport, we wouldn’t see each other for a long long time. I could go to Slateport as well, there was a contest hall there…but I would miss Fallarbor. I would miss a chance to win a ribbon, and I only had so many chances before I failed to enter the Grand Festival…

But, watch, even the stars above,

Things that seem still are still changing….

“Here.” She handed me my pokenav and retreated back to her bunk.

I took it back, and held it for a moment, then, clipping it back onto the strap of my backpack, I sighed, and said, “I should be the one who’s sorry.”

“…Why?” She asked me.

“I shouldn’t have let you lean on my shoulder.” I shrugged, and she leaned over the side of her bunk again, staring at me with a very strangled expression.

She opened her mouth to speak, then closed it again, glaring at me before pulling herself back onto her bunk, saying, “I’m not leaning on your shoulder. I can stand by myself just fine.”

“Then, you shouldn’t have a problem without me, right?” I asked, looking up at the mattress.

She was silent and said, “It’ll be quiet.”

I laughed softly and whispered, “And it’s not quiet anyway? Sapphire, you should see the world alone. It’s a new…experience. Trust me.”

She took a deep breath and let it all out, “Fine.” She mumbled.

Sapphire trusted me. That was a news flash. Smiling up at her, though she couldn’t see, I scoffed, and leaned back again, and she asked, “What?”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Nooo!” Cammy groaned, “You’re a little stalker aren’t you?!”

Sapphire narrowed an eye and said, “I need to go to Dewford! It’s you’re fault you didn’t tell me the right way to go! Now I have to totally backtrack!”

“My fault?!” Cammy asked in indignity, “Try Eliadon! He’s the one with the Pokenav!”

“You’ve already gone through Hoenn once before.” Ruby pointed out, and Cammy glared at him.

“Well, I’m not waiting for you, because my friend is waiting for me.” She said, and Sapphire flared.

“I never asked for you to wait for me!” She snapped.

Cammy rolled her eyes and breathed out a sigh, “Whatever.” Before she let out a Swellow, flying off south toward Slateport.

Sapphire clenched her fists in annoyance, not noticing Ruby who was shifting from foot to foot, trying to decide whether or not to show Sapphire who he really was. The boy who hated getting his pokemon and himself dirty and who hated battling in general.

“Well, I’ll uh- see you later!” Ruby said, turning around, but-

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Once again it was Professor Birch, but he didn’t look the slightest bit happy this time. Sapphire couldn’t hear exactly what her father was saying into the speaker, but Ruby looked rather surprised to hear what he had to say, before replying, “Sure, she’s right here.”

Sapphire tentatively took the pokenav from Ruby’s hand, giving him a questioning look as he stared passively at her.

“Hi dad!” Sapphire said cheerfully.

“Hello young lady,” Professor Birch said, becoming cheerful as well, “May I ask you a question?”

“Sure!” She said, immensely relieved that her father was only angry at Ruby and not herself.

“Why is Ronono’s pokeball here under your pillow?” He asked, his voice still cheery. Sapphire sweatdropped, and mouthed without sound, wondering just how her dad had found the little Aron.

“Um…er…I…forgot?” Sapphire tried.

“Nope.” Professor Birch said, and Sapphire sighed, not knowing what to say, but her dad did all the talking, “Me and your mother, have been sitting here at home, wondering just how you could’ve possibly survived out in the world of pokemon, with ONE unexperienced torchic.”

“I guess I just got lucky.” Sapphire said sheepishly, and Ruby turned the speaker toward him to say, “Yeah, that and she was lucky that I was around.”

“You and everyone else! You hardly did any of the battling!” She snapped, pulling the device closer to herself “Anyway, I’m not traveling around with just one pokemon.”

“What?” Ruby whispered, but Sapphire stomped innocently on his foot, continuing, “Oh yeah, I caught a um…a er…Donphan!”

Ruby looked at her in confusion, mouthing the word, “Donphan?!” In a disbelieving tone.

“Uh huh!” Sapphire continued, “I’ll show it to you next time I see you! Yeah, it’s great, and oh, Chaka evolved into a Combusken!”

Sweatdropping, Ruby sat down on a nearby bench, waiting for Sapphire wrap up her lie of catching a Donphan, and holding out an expectant hand for his pokenav.

“Look for Pidgeotto, I’ll be sending Ronono your way. The poor pokemon’s getting sad being left behind.” Professor Birch said.

“Okay, well, I can’t stay for long, Ruby’s trying to talk to me.” Sapphire said sweetly, and she hung up, before her father could persist.

The boy in question raised an eyebrow and folding his arms, leaned back, sighing and asking, “A Donphan?”

“It was the first pokemon I could think of!” Sapphire defended, slapping the pokenav back into Ruby’s hand, “And better yet, now I have to go CATCH a Donphan, because I promised my dad that he’d see one the next time we met!” She groaned and plopped down beside me.

“Nice.” Ruby said, standing up, “Well, I can’t help you battle or catch it, because I’ve got a contest in a week, and Nana, Coco and Zuzu need to look their best.”

She stared up at the boy in confusion, “What?” Sapphire asked.

“Well, there’s a contest, I can’t get their fur all mangled and stuff.” Ruby replied, hoping that he wouldn’t crush her too much.

“Oh.” She said shaking her head at the weird way the boy was acting, “Whatever.”

Ruby shrugged, and bid farewell to the girl, walking north to Fallarbor, but once he turned around, he let his jaw drop as he thought of the last word she’d said.

’Whatever?! So much for crushing of the spirit! She could care less!’ He thought, as the two walked their separate ways. North and South, Fallarbor, and Slateport. Sapphire wouldn’t find anything for herself in those two cities. Merely the places she’d visit along the way, or, her destination.

Releasing all his pokemon, Ruby let them romp in the fresh air, but warned them not to get too dirty, because he would need them to be in top shape for the contest.

“So, who wants to do the contest this time?” Ruby asked, and all three pokemon jumped up in enthusiasm. Coco slapped away Nana with her tail, meowing something in her haughty attitude. Probably something about how he’d participated in the last contest, their first one to boot.

“Well, I’m not sure how I’ll pick, but whoever does better’ll go, so you should all pull off the stops.” Ruby grinned, glad that his mind was already able to wander from Sapphire.

aquakirbyyoshi

~The Closet Maniac~
Hee. Sapphy seems so out of place and.. screwed, ahaha XD *eats her Torchic for dinner* |3

Sapphire: *screams* NOOOO!!! o______o;

Stalker, heh. XD

Inspiration is hard to find lately, I know. x_x;; It's okay yer holding it on. At least you're planning to finish yer fics unlike me XD (I always drop my unfinished fanfics x__x )

HyperCyber

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT
Woot.. Finally some Franticshipping hints....
anyways... Good chapter.. hope you update soon.

By the way aqakirbyyoshi, nice fanfic on fanfiction.net! XD

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Short chappie, sorry, I kept losing the file in which the original chapter was written, so I've started over like, five times. < <;; So yeah, this is the last one until I get back from my vacation, and for the next chappie, I'm thinking Sapphire and Ruby won't appear, because I'm getting sick of them. < <;; It'll be a Green, Red, Blue, Crystal, Gold, and Silver thing. The side quest for 'SEARCH:BLUE!'

---------------------
“Thanks Pidgeotto, you can go home now.” Sapphire smiled as the bird pokemon flew back to her familiar home, and she sighed. Looking down at the aron and Chaka, she said, “Now we have to figure out where to find a Donphan. Should’ve asked Ruby before he left huh?”

Chaka nodded, and Ronono gave her a confused look that signified that it had no idea who she was talking about.

“Let’s ask Wattson. He’ll know.” Sapphire sighed, standing up, and instantly wilting back down onto the bench, “But he bugs me so much!” She moaned as Chaka shook it’s head diligently, showing it’s protest towards the suggestion.

Ronono also shook it’s head, but out of confusion for missing all these key parts.

“Come on, we don’t have much more choice. Who knows when the next time we’ll see dad is?” Sapphire slid off the bench, feeling lazy all of the sudden. It wasn’t that she was usually lazy, it’s just when she knew, or felt like she was going to meet someone she would really hate, she wasn’t all that perky to see them.

Dragging herself across the pokemon center towards Mauville City Gym, the short walk seemed like a lifetime as people gave her strange looks for her scratched up appearance and her sloth like movements that might count as walking.

“Back already?!” Wattson laughed, as Sapphire pushed open the glass doors. She groaned, and he asked, “Is there something you need? Is the Dynamo Badge I gave you unauthentic? I’ve really got to sort out those fakes…”

Sapphire instantly woke up from her lazy trance, and pulled out her badge case to closer examine the Dynamo Badge she’d been given.

“Oh that’s a real one, no worries!” Wattson laughed again, and Sapphire gave a spontaneous jerk at hearing his laugh. “Well anyway, anything you need from me?”

“Yeah, I need to know where I might find some Donphan?” Sapphire asked, trying not to seem too desperate.

“Donphan? Well of course! There should be few around the entrance of New Mauville. Speaking of New Mauville, if you help me and the Trick Master, I mentioned him to you earlier, find New Mauville, then we’ll help you catch a Donphan! How’s that sound for a deal?”

Sapphire thought it over and shrugged, nodding. Why not? It wasn’t a bad deal, and three people would benefit.

“You’ve got a deal!” Sapphire exclaimed.

“Great!” Wattson laughed, “Now let’s go find the Trick Master and see if he’s up to finding the place today!”

Sapphire followed Wattson out of the Gym, and he sparked up a conversation as the two headed for the entrance of Mauville.

“So, where’s your friend?” Wattson asked, referring to Ruby.

“He went to Fallarbor for his contest. It’s in a week, so he didn’t want to wait for me to catch a Donphan.” Sapphire shrugged, trying to avoid the subject.

Wattson blinked and said, “You know, he’s rather familiar. Remind’s me of someone I know!” Folding his arms as they walked under the silver arch that read, ‘Mauville’.

“Norman?” Sapphire suggested, and Wattson slapped a fist on his palm in sudden dawning.

“Yeah!” He declared, “That boy looks just like Norman! How’d you know?”

Sapphire sighed, rolling her eyes and she said in a blantantly flat tone, “His name is Ruby.”

Wattson jumped and clutched his hair in his fists, groaning, “Oh nooo! That was Ruby! I haven’t seen him in so long I forgot that he always wore that white hat!” Slapping his forehead Sapphire cocked her head in confusion.

“Is something wrong?”

“Something’s terribly wrong! Don’t you know? Ruby ran away, and Norman’s been asking all us gym leaders to help find him!”

Blinking Sapphire tapped her cheek thoughtfully and said, “Well, we saw Norman a few weeks back. I don’t remember anyone saying something about Ruby running away…oh.” She suddenly realized what Wattson meant by ‘ran away’. He hadn’t exactly declared he was leaving when he ran out the door after Norman punched him.

“Well, it’s too late to worry about that!” Sapphire sweatdropped.

“Surely you knew?” Wattson asked.

Sapphire paused, and shrugged, “I didn’t really see it as ‘running away’ when we left Petalburg.”

“You aided him in his escape?!” Wattson gripped his half bald head again and the girl snarled,

“No! He ran off by himself and I simply followed him!” Folding her arms Sapphire snapped, “Where’s this Trick Master’s house anyway?”

“It should be right here!” Wattson said, pointing to a wooden house on the edge of the path, “I’m sure he’ll be glad to meet you.”

“Sure.” Sapphire said, rolling her eyes and ringing the doorbell.

Wait. A doorbell in a wooden log-cabin like house?

“EEEEKKKKKKKK!!!” She shrieked as the floor beneath her slid away, causing her to fall through the ground and down a ridiculously deep hole, tumbling out of the exit to land on a metal net-like fence, that stood horizontally. But before she could get up, Sapphire noticed the churning blades underneath the fence. It was a giant fan?!?!

Getting sent back upward and being blown into a different pipe by yet another fan, she yelled, “Stop!”

Too late, as the crazy ride had already pretty much stopped, as the second pipe she’d got blown into had turned into a vertical stoop, and when she floated up into wherever she’d landed herself in, the exit hole closed, looking like a harmless rug before she collided into it. The laws of gravity and those fans were no longer on her side, she noted as she landed in an awkward postion, butt held high and proud in the air.

A small man with graying black hair and big swirly glasses laughed, and Wattson was laughing with him.

“You want to watch where you step and what you touch when it comes to Trick Master.” Wattson laughed, and Sapphire scowled.

“During your ride, Wattson told me you’re looking for a Donphan! Well, I’ve one myself, but I’m not sure if it’ll listen to you. You can have him, he’s too unruly for helping me make traps, but you have to help us find New Mauville.” The man nodded, “Oh, I’m the Trick Master by the way. Any feedback on my welcoming system?”

“Yeah,” Sapphire grumbled getting up and straightening her now messy hair, “Trash it.”

The two men boomed in laughter and the Trick Master commented, “Wattson was right! You are a bitter little girl aren’t you?”

Glaring at Wattson, who was too busy laughing to notice, Sapphire snapped, “Well let’s just get this over with. The sooner the better.”

“I’m sorry little missy, but you’re talking to two old coots who have seen life fly by much too slowly. What’s the rush?” Wattson asked, laughing.

“I’ve got to make sure I meet up with Ruby in Fortree, or Lilycove, or wherever! I have to beat him there.”

“Oh now, there’s no reason to rush through life as though it were a race! There’s too much time in the world for that!” Wattson laughed, and the Trick Master quickly agreed.

“Yeah well, doing something is better then standing around looking pretty.” Sapphire mumbled, trudging out the door. A mistake on her part, as when Trick Master opened the door for her, waited for Sapphire to step onto the ‘welcome’ mat, and pulled the door even wider, a bucketful of icy water splashed down onto Sapphire’s head.

“Erg!!” She snarled, turning around to face two men rolling on the floor with laughter, as she whipped her bandanna off her head and-, hey…the material was waterproof…well, Ruby certainly was thoughtful…too bad the bandanna didn’t cover her entire head.

Squeezing the water out of her brown hair, she snapped, “You two need to grow up.”

The two grown men followed Sapphire out of the door and discussed how the next time they used that prank, they should probably pay attention to the material the victim was wearing, so as not to waste a bucket of water.

Waste?!

“Either way, you’re wasting a bucket of water, so there’s no need to think so hard on it.” Sapphire snapped as they reached Donphan territory. But…there weren’t any Donphan.

“They’re on migrate.” Trick Master noted casually and Sapphire now knew why he’d offered his Donphan that was already caught.

It looked as though that really was her only choice, helping the two idiots find New Mauville. As they parted the grasses looking for any kind of entrance, Sapphire looked up and said, “Are you sure it’s around here?”

“Yep.” Wattson replied, “If you’re not having any luck, ask Electrike to help you sniff out anything suspicious.”

Sapphire noticed the little green and yellow static pokemon, which was bounding toward her. Walking toward it to give a few commands though, Sapphire tripped on a mound of dirt and fell face flat on the ground.

“You alright there miss?” Trick Master laughed, tromping over, “Looks like you’ve found something mighty suspicious!” He waved Wattson over, and the Electrike wagged it’s tail, glad that everyone was in one place now.

“Seems like it.” Wattson said, as Electrike pranced over, beginning to scratch at the mound of dirt until-

“Eeeeelllectrike!” It barked in surprise as the ground beneath it collapsed and it fell down a long dark manhole.

“Electrike!” Wattson called down frantically, “Are you alright?!”

A playful yip that echoed told them all they needed, and the two men glanced at each other, then at Sapphire, saying, “Ladies first.”

Sapphire blew a strand of dirty wet hair from her face and descended onto the ladder, and down into what seemed like the unknown… Trick Master and Wattson were apparently talking to each other about things like light, and highly flammable plants or something. Sapphire didn’t pay any attention before-

“Agh!” She felt her left foot miss the bar of the next ladder, and her right foot slip off the only thing supporting her weight, while in surprise her hands slipped off the ladder itself.

“Sapphire!” Both men called as she fell, her eyes widening when she saw a grinning electrike wagging it’s tail madly- right in her collision path.

Jumping out of the way easily at the last minute and letting Sapphire land with a thud on her back she called up in an annoyed snarl, “Watch yourself, the ladder stops soon-“

“Yaugh!!!” Trick Master yelled, having entered right after Sapphire.

Sapphire squealed and scrambled out of the way so that the old man wouldn’t land on her- and was glad she had when the man landed on his feet with a heavy crack.

That unfortunate pebble could’ve been her!

Wattson landed just as easily, having had warning, and said, “So this is New Mauville?”

Sapphire turned around and screamed, seeing a huge carnival like amusement park and wailed, “I want to go back, I helped you find it I hate amusement parks!!”

Trick Master and Wattson laughed, and said, “Very well, you’ve kept your side of the bargain.”

Handing her a pokeball, Sapphire stared at the Donphan inside.

“Cool!” Sapphire chirped, and the two men blinked up at the rides.

“Seems like power’s out.” Wattson mumbled, before, “Electrike, thunder on that power box over there!” He pointed to Sapphire’s left and a bolt of lightning danced toward a metal box as all the rides lit up into colorful lights.

“It burns!” Sapphire cried mockingly.

Trick Master on the other hand, was examining the ladder, which failed to reached the ground.

“We can probably get up,” He noted to Wattson, “But not so sure about children, in other words, Sapphire.”

“I’ll be fine,” Sapphire smirked, “Besides, I’ve always been outdoors and stuff. I’m sure I can jump higher then either of you, so it’s just the same!”

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

It had been hard to skip over Lavaridge’s soothing hot springs, but, Ruby decided, he’d come back after the contest and reward himself with a relaxing bath.

“Let’s see here, why don’t we use Coco in battle, and take advantage of her doubleslap, while using Zuzu for the appeal, with a mudslap?” Ruby suggested, and his pokemon seemed to agree, not really ones to truly care.

“Great!” Ruby clapped his hands together, “Then it’s settled! Now then-hm?” A white…thing that looked like snow fell from the sky and Ruby instantly freaked, “Soot!” Before long, all three of his pokemon were back in their pokeballs.

“That was a close one…now, let’s find that lift…there’s no way I’m walking through a bunch of soot…” Ruby muttered to himself, searching for the building.

“There it is!” He declared, pointing at a little red wooden building and dashing toward it.

Kojho

Sorry I have been to lazy to review, but I am back from a long absence, and you should be seeing one any day now. :)

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Can you tell where I totally stopped, and where I totally started off again by the difference of quality? Not sure if you can or not, but I certainly think I'm a tad better then I used to be. ^^; Sorry for the more then just ridiculous lapse between reviews.

Thanks for Kojho getting me back on track too!

Beware: Super short chapter ahead. And again, probably the only one you'll get for a looooong time.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Sapphire had a smile on as she leaned on the railing of the not-so-special yacht she’d hitched a ride on. She’d hurried through Slateport, so as not to awkwardly run into Cammy again. After so much traveling, she wondered if Ruby was in his contest now. He was supposed to be there by now, as it was Saturday. How time had flown, without her even noticing it.

She hadn’t had to have her guard up, with nobody around to mock of tease her, she didn’t need to pay attention to anything around her, and she’d even stopped for an entire day, just to relax.

Without anybody to bother her!

And now, the sea breeze tossed her hair gently, this way and that. It was almost as relaxing as climbing trees and feeling the rougher breeze at the top.

’Dewford,’ Sapphire thought, ’watch out!’

She’d spent an hour on deck, listening to the water, feeling the boat glide smoothly across the still ocean, until the captain announced they were nearing Dewford. Sapphire brightened, and leaned over the edge of the rail, catching sight of a beautiful and tropical island.

When the boat had docked itself, Sapphire was the first one off, not bothering to use the ramp, instead using the handrail as a branch and swinging herself over it, landing deftly.

“Niiiice.” A voice said in a good-natured, yet mocking tone.

Sapphire blinked and noticed her landing was less then smooth, as she had thought. Her weight had sent the plank she stood on vibrating, causing a krabby to stumble off the raised platform back into the sea.

“Whoops!” Sapphire laughed sheepishly, and straightened, turning to look at whoever had made fun of her, “Who do you think you ar-“

A boy with blonde hair and a smug smirk, clutching a surfboard stared at her with a bemused expression.

“DANTE!” Sapphire screamed, and in her surprise, stumbled backward, landing with a splash in the water. Unfortunately, the clothes Ruby had made her weren’t designed for complete submergence in water, therefore, by the time Dante had pulled her out of the water, laughing, she was soaked to the bone.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“Zuzu, mudslap!” Ruby called out, pointing toward the air. A huge clump of mud arrived on the spot, just as he finished the command, and when it fell back to earth, Zuzu jumped out of the way just in time, leaving the mud to fall with a disgusting, ‘Sqruish’ sound.

After Ruby went through an entire scene of hyperventilation at not getting the score he wanted, he realized it was all for naught, as he won the ribbon anyway, causing his freaking out to instantly slide into a mad rush of insane joy.

He immediately called the pokemon center in Dewford, and asked Nurse Joy to tell a girl named ‘Sapphire’ to call him immediately.

As Ruby’s pokemon celebrated Zuzu, wearing his ribbon proudly, he felt kind of depressed that he had nobody to share his win with, unlike last time, when he shared his victory with absolutely everyone. Ruby blinked and snapped his fingers. Of course!

Dialing a number as fast as he could, after one ring, an irritated voice snapped, “What?”

“Have any luck?” Ruby asked.

“NO! I’M NOT LOOKING FOR HER.” The voice roared, causing a breeze to emit from the pokenav, the sound waves causing a sort of overwhelming breath from the reciever. Green hung up without another word, and Ruby wondered when in the world he had asked before.

Shaking his head with a sigh, he deemed that as a ‘failed attempt’.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

And indeed, I wasn’t looking for her. I had spent one fruitless week looking for her, and I had had enough. Withstanding Red’s threats and words, I stubbornly stayed at Chuck’s Dojo, while Red grumpily continued his search.

The pokegear rang again and I grumbled something about ‘annoying pest’, and picked up, asking as bitterly as I could, “I told you, I’m not even-“

It wasn’t Ruby this time.

Red was silent for a moment before he said, “I found her.”

I was stunned for a minute, then asked coldly, “Where?”

He was silent again and mumbled in a slightly annoyed voice, “Sevii Islands.”

I heard him drop the phone immediately, before I could yell ‘WHAT?!’ But I didn’t, which confused the boy so much as to pick up the phone again.

“Aren’t you gonna get angry and ****** and yell?” Red asked, and I sighed.

“You didn’t think that was the reason I stopped looking for her? It’s because I knew she wasn’t in Jhoto. If Silver, Crystal, and Gold hadn’t seen her, then she wasn’t here. They see everything that goes on in Jhoto anyway. Like we do with Kanto. You didn’t even bother to check with my Grandad huh?” I asked, giving a half-smile.

“You asked Professor Oak if he’d seen her?” Red asked.

“Well, duh.” I said bluntly as though Red were an idiot for not asking him, “He’s got the best connections in all of Kanto!”

I heard Red let out a ‘wha’ before I heard a deft ‘crash’.

“Hiiii sucker! Stop lying, you didn’t know where I was! Eliadon is such a good liar!” Blue’s sing-song voice came, “I just needed some time off on my own, and got some serious catching-up done with my parents.”

I was silent, and so was Blue.

“You’re mad at me.” She said, stating the obvious.

“No kidding.” I replied coolly.

“Told you.” I heard Red say.

“Shut up.” She snapped.

I turned off the pokegear and set it on the table again, and waited for it to ring again. It didn’t. Red was probably trying to pull the phone away from Blue, who was probably trying to call me back and yell at me for hanging up on her.

Man, this was ridiculous. She expected me to forgive her. Well, I had been a little too forgiving and eccentric these past few days. I would make up for that now. Sitting silently in the tatami room of Chuck’s dojo, and the place I remembered so well from my childhood, I waited for the sun to disappear over the horizon, and bring a new day to Orre, and a new night to Jhoto.

I would begin my training just as the sun slipped out of sight.

Blinking, I heard a little clink as something fell out of my pocket. Huh. That Stone Badge…I still had it.

I left it on the table, next to my pokegear before I left the room.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“AAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHH!!!!” Blue screeched, throwing her pokegear onto the floor and jumping up and down on it, “THAT-FAT-*******!!!!”

I sighed and sweatdropped, not even attempting to calm her down anymore. I looked around and saw a makeshift bedroom- this room had probably been redone to be Blue’s bedroom for her stay. It certainly looked like it. The comforter I sat on was powder white, with polka dots in various shades of blue. Her pillow was white, striped with blue, and this pattern seemed to end up everywhere in her room.

To me, it was blinding.

To be bluntly honest.

Not that I’d say that to her now, she was too ****** off to take any kind of crap.

“I hate guys. Don’t you Red?” Blue finally grumbled.

I couldn’t help but sweatdrop. She always talked to me like I was a genderless friend. It was…insulting in many many ways. But, I guess it meant she didn’t care about how I would react- bad or good. Ah, this is kind of hard to explain.

“I am a guy.” I smiled, trying to hide my laughter.

Blue blinked and sat down next to me, crossing one leg over the other, “Yeah, but I don’t mean guy’s like you, I mean *******s like Green. You know, indifferent to everything because they’re too good for everything!” She held her hands up to the ceiling and twisted them around so that she looked like a lass trainer.

I shrugged, saying, “I don’t know, Green’s just an impatient person.”

“I’m an impatient person.”

“Yeah, but that’s different.”

Blue pouted, obviously not in the mood to understand anything about Green’s way of life. She sighed, and smoothed out her blue denim skirt.

Usually, on the road, she was always wearing that pink skirt, with the blue tank. But, she never seemed to wear those clothes here. Like, yesterday, she’d worn a v-necked navy shortsleeved top, with a pair of shorts. (Taken directly from her description by the way,) And today, a black spaghetti-strapped shirt with a knee length dark stone-washed denim skirt (whatever that meant,) with a pair of flip-flops.

“I just don’t like waiting! Life is too short!”

…Green always thought life was too long.

“There’s nothing you can accomplish if you sit around and wait for it to come to you!”

…Er…From Green’s point of view, it’s more like, “Why get up and go to adventure when it always seems to come to us anyway?”

I sweatdropped. I was the mediator. The equator between the south and north pole’s. The butt of firey fights that melted the ice caps and flooded the earth.

“Well, I’m going to hang out here for a little while longer. Green seems to be staying at Chuck’s, where are you going?” Blue asked me.

I blinked, and glanced out the window, towards the bright blue sky and puffy white clouds. The surf crashing upon the sand was more then just evident in Blue’s room, it seemed to echo and repeat the process until I was dizzy. It made me realize that this whole thing had been just one big annoying bump in the road that we just couldn’t seem to get over.

“I’m not sure. I might go back to Hoenn or something…” I replied, “Or go back to Professor Oak’s and see if I can help out there. Lance doesn’t seem to need us around lately. Everything seems pretty peaceful…” Except for with two people named Blue and Green.

“Yeah.” Blue grinned, “It’s a lot better then when those pesky birds were poking each others’ eyes out with their beaks!”

I glanced exhasperatedly at Blue. She made everything exciting sound so uninteresting, and everything uninteresting, exciting.

“Well, I’m gonna go to Pallet. Call me when you’re ready to leave.” I said, standing up and smiling warmly. Blue returned the smile and nodded, standing up as well to see me off.

“If you run into Green, make sure to give him a good kick in the balls for me, okay?” Blue asked, leading me through her plain home, to the wooden front door.

“I’ll save you the pleasure.” With that, I stepped out, and the door swung closed behind me.

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

“So, what’s up?” Dante asked me, as I sipped a strawberry smoothie, “Anything new?”

“Yeah, I got a badge!” I proudly showed him my stone badge, and he looked on with mild interest. Not even in the slightest impressed.

“Wooow,” He drawled, “That’s pretty cool.”

Vein pop.

“Just ‘pretty cool’?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I mean, that’s like, totally awesome.” He corrected himself, laughing. I smiled, satisfied with the response. He looked a little different from the last time I’d seen him, but maybe it was just the clothes and the tanner skin. I bet I didn’t look any different. But, I wouldn’t judge myself on that…

He took a sip of water, before saying, “So, you still wanna learn how to surf?”

I blinked. I’d totally forgotten.

“Uhm, well, sure, I guess…”

“Just, ‘I guess’?” He smirked at me and I glared at him.

“No, just, ‘Get original’.”

“Sarcasm.”

I couldn’t think of anything else.

“IIIIII win.” Dante laughed, “Well, whatever, we’ll get started tomorrow, when the surf’s best for beginners like you.” He emphasized the fact that I was a beginner. I pouted, but Dante wasn’t paying anymore attention to me, instead, had his eye on a guy with wild blue hair.

“That’s the gym leader.” He notioned at the orange topped man walking past the café window, “Brawly.”

I slammed my hands down on the table and stood up, yelling, “WHAT?!”

It caught his attention and he glanced over as a passing spectator, but when he noticed I was staring right at him, with Dante’s forehead in his hands out of embarrassment, he sweatdropped.

“Uh…” I heard him mutter through the glass windows of the coffee shop Dante had dragged me to.

“YOU’RE THE GUY ROXANNE HATES?!?!” I yelled, pointing madly at him.

He fell over, quickly straightened and yelled through the glass door, “She doesn’t hate me!!!”

”If you meet a guy named Brawly- he’s the gym leader of Dewford by the way, he’s an annoying prick. He’s got no responsibility, surf’s his days away while leaving his gym unattended, and is an irresponsible bone head.”

Roxanne’s voice replayed in my head.

“She said that about me?” Brawly now sat across from me, with Dante on the side as fake tears flowed from the gym leader’s eyes, “What a heartless witch.”

I sweatdropped as he quickly recovered, “She’s just got a grudge against me is all. Always been ****** that she’s considered the easiest gym leader to defeat. But she always complains to me, Winona, or Flannery. Nobody else ever really listens.” He shrugged, “Not that Flannery ever really cares anyway, but Winona has to care, whether she does or not.”

I was confused, and I could tell Dante was too, by the way his eyes were drooping and his chin resting on the tabletop as he stared sideways at Brawly.

“Ah well. Whatever. Anyway, so you’re itchin’ for a battle huh?” Brawly asked, and I was delighted that he finally decided to talk about something that was interesting to someone other then a gym leader.

“Yeah! I’ve already battled Norman a few times,” I didn’t mention I’d lost miserably every single time, “And I’ve got Roxanne’s badge!”

Brawly let out a burst of laughter and said, “Yeah, she told me about how she had to give out 4 badges in one day because Lance’s trainers came along and challenged her too! Said her Nosepass nearly died!”

I sweatdropped, as I knew he didn’t understand that her Nosepass had been severely injured by Gyrados’s Hyper Beam, but kept quiet.

“But looks like they ditched you huh? That sucks. Would’ve wanted a chance to have a go at those three.” Brawly sighed.

“They’re a bunch of noisy idiots.” I said, raising an eyebrow, “They don’t take anyone seriously.”

Brawly shrugged, “I wouldn’t think they’d be obliged to. I mean honestly, have you seen what Lance can do? He’s like, on the same level as Steven! And Steven’s one scary guy when he get’s serious.” He threw his hands in the air and waved them around, “BOOM, CRASH, BANG, SNAP, PLSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.”

”And, he has the mind of a 5-YEAR-OLD IDIOT WHO STILL HASN’T LEARNED HIS ABC’S!!!!”

I saw her point now.

It was kind of embarassing, sitting with him. Not entirely because of his child-like mind. I glanced around myself and saw at least 20 girls who’d came in, hearts for eyes and drool smearing their perfect lip gloss. What could they see in this guy?

I sighed, reminded of the guy I found most annoying.

Dante now had his eye on me, and he was kind of glaring at my blank and bored expression. I had a feeling that he and Ruby didn’t really like each other.

I didn’t bring that up either.