• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

my mates team.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
he was showing me this team on myspace, so i thaught id get peoples opinions on it.

Jolteon
Timid
4HP/252SpA/252Spe
Thunderbolt
Roar
Baton Pass
Shadow Ball

Skarmory
Impish
252HP/96Atk/156Def/4Spe
Brave Bird
Roost
Stealth Rock
Whirlwind

(he said he may swap this for a bronzong)

Blissey
Calm
148HP/252Def/108SpA
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Softboiled

Salamence
Jolly
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Crunch

Ninjask
Jolly
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Substitute
Swords Dance
X Scissor
Baton Pass

Milotic
Bold
252HP/220Def/36SpA
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk

Rys

Postcount melting!
Hmm nothing terrible here all i can say is try replacing blissey's toxic for seismic toss

Ka-King!

[-SSSS MUIJN960WWWWW
Drill peck on skarm seems better, as the last thing you want is a wall hurting itself. You also need items! Here are suggestions: Milotic(wise glasses or leftovers). Ninjask(FOCUS SASH!). Salamence(Life orb, certain plates or muscle band). Blissey(leftovers, chople berry, wise glasses, zap or icicle plate. Skarmory(shed shell, leftovers, muscle band, sky plate, occa or wacan berry). Jolteon(wise glasses, spooky plate, or focus sash). Why was baton pass needed on Jolteon? Hidden power seems a lot better.

Kingdrom

Turn Away Again
User Ka-King!, please don't offer poor advice in the CRMT section. The fact that you suggested move-boosting plates and fire/electric resist berries on Skarmory, along with your sig, leads me to believe that you should accumulate more competitive battling experience before helping people with their teams.

Jolteon should have Hidden Power Ice over Roar, and Subsitute over Shadow Ball. Roar has negative priority, and Jolteon is relatively fragile compared to the common leads that it would use Roar against. The item should be a Petaya Berry (raises special attack in a pinch), which allows you to Sub against Salamence, get the boost, and Hp Ice for a OHKO. In addition, when facing a slower pokemon, BPing some special attack to another special sweeper is a good plan.

Skarmory is fine as it is. I would run Shed Shell, if only to escape Magnezone, who rips apart your Skarmbliss combo and can destroy the rest of your team (Salamence too once it Magnet Rises). Blissey is best with Seismic Toss over Toxic, and Thunder Wave over Thunderbolt. Sing is a risky move, but it also is a good choice for Blissey. Seismic Toss is pretty much required if you have access to FR/LG because on most Pokemon, Ice Beam will be doing similar damage, often less than Seismic Toss.

Salamence should ditch Crunch, which only hits Cresselia and Dusknoir, the second of which has no business walling Salamence. Dragon Dance should be used instead of Crunch.

Ninjask is pretty much useless outside of a lead. Either use him as a lead with Focus Sash, or get rid of him and use this instead:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Careful
Ev's: 252 Hp, 40 Atk, 216 Sp. Def
-Pursuit
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

This will help you get rid of Magnezones, Togekiss, and Gengars who cause havoc to your team. This can switch in on Magnezone with impunity- it takes care of Togekiss and Gengar after something dies. However, this is still a good option as a special wall. It even survives a Togekiss Aura Sphere, along with a Gengar Focus Blast (but not in the same battle). Cresselia is also easily defeated by this Tyranitar, leaving your Salamence open for a lategame sweep.

Milotic should have a Modest nature to ensure the OHKO on Garchomp (provided it has no Yache Berry). The item should be leftovers.

Not a bad team, although I wonder why your friend would post it on Myspace- but I guess they have better raters than Yahoo Answers. Lol, even Marriland is better. But I guess if he's not into competitive battling, then this is a fine team.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Not a bad team, although I wonder why your friend would post it on Myspace- but I guess they have better raters than Yahoo Answers. Lol, even Marriland is better. But I guess if he's not into competitive battling, then this is a fine team.

he sent it me in a comment when we were talking about a battle we just had, he wasnt aking for it to be rated, i just thaught id do that anyway.

This is my team, btw. We had just had 2 battles, one very close but the next one I only beat one of his pokemon so I devised a new team and sent it on Myspace. Thanks for posting it Hammerheart. Anyway, I gave Jolteon roar to prevent baton passing leads. Jolteon is also a dry baton passer, I may replace roar with substitute to make it a subpasser. Thanks for the help. I'll definitely add drill peck to Skarmory.

I'm thinking of replacing Salamence with Garchomp, what moveset should i give it?

Btw, the Ninjask is exactly the same as Hammerhearts so I need something to replace it. any suggestions?

Last edited: