• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Mono Dark Team

Team At a Glance

dpmfb430.png
dpmfb319.png
dpmfb442.png
dpmfb392.png
dpmfb461.png
dpmfb094.png

So this is my Mono Dark team, I'm aloud two wild cards at the most please remember this.

The team

honchkrow.png

Honchkrow@Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 224 Atk / 48 SpA / 236 Spe

Sucker Punch
Pursuit
Heat Wave
Superpower

This is a great lead Heat Wave is for Roserade, Gross and Bronzong lead. Sucker Punch and Pursuit form a great combo which play a huge mind game with my opponent. Superpower is for blissey

sharpedo.png

Sharpedo@Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 6 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe

Aqua Jet
Crunch
Earthquake
Ice Fang

My first CB sweeper, Sharpedo is my Glass cannon, very fragile but can do a load of damage to weak constructed team. He main reason in being on my team is to OHKO Infernape with a CB Aqua Jet. Crunch is in there for a powerful STAB move, Earthquake for Steels and Ice Fang for Dragons.

spiritomb.png

Spirtomb@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

Will-O-Wisp
HP[Fight]
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball

Spritomb is my Bulky CM sweeper. I use WoW to cripple any phycal sweeper mainly Gyarados W/out Taunt. Fighting/Ghost hits everything for neutral damage and CM to Boost both SpAtk and SpDef.

infernape.png

Infernape@Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 24 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 232 Spe

Flamethrower
Close Combat
HP[ICE]/HP[Electric]
Grass Knot

Standard Mixape, everyone knows what he does, I still don't know if I should choose HP Ice or HP electric?

weavile.png

Weavile@Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe

Night Slash
Ice Punch
Brick Break
Ice Shard/Ariel Ace

This is my second CB sweeper, Yes I have two CBers in my team xD. This vile has saved me too many times. Basicly its standard so I don't have to explain what the attacks do.

gengar.png

Gengar@Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
HP[Fire]

Standard Choice Scarf Gengar, I'm using HP FIRE instead of HP ICE so I can revenge kill Scarf Heracross, Specs Cario and other steels. I know I have Focus blast for steels but I hate using it because of the accuracy.

So there is my team please rate.

Edits in BOLD

Last edited:

woliwo

Hello
I think your Honchkrow has a extremly cool move set.
Allthough I think it's nature would be lonely or naughty and have more evs on spA instead for speed. Sucker punch will always strike first then opponent attacks and pursuit is for fleeing pokes, so much speed wouldn't be so importat, if of course I'm not wrong.

Otherwise I think it looks cool.

Last edited:

cloudk

hates you.
This team looks randomly constructed. Did you just added things randomly? Having all your sweepers being physical and all your walls being physically inclined is overdo. And you have a huge weakness to infernape and electivire too.

Standard mixape flamethrower to spiritomb:53%~63% You can't switch in at all. On turn 2 you're just going to get outsped and KOed.
Standard mixape flamethrower to weezing:69%~82% Same as spiritomb..2hkoed

Due to the immense mixape/mixvire weakness, a cresselia or dusknoir is recommended.

And focus sash on honchkrow dosen't look like it does anything. You're going to get faked out by napes and weavile, outspeed by togekiss and air slash flinced/thunder waved and your ability prevent hypnosis from hitting you, so sash is pretty useless.

krow@scarf
insomania/super luck
252 Atk / 48 SpA / 212 Spe
~ Night Slash
~ Drill Peck
~ Superpower
~ Heat Wave

Last edited:
This team looks randomly constructed. Did you just added things randomly? Having all your sweepers being physical and all your walls being physically inclined is overdo. And you have a huge weakness to infernape and electivire too.

Standard mixape flamethrower to spiritomb:53%~63% You can't switch in at all. On turn 2 you're just going to get outsped and KOed.
Standard mixape flamethrower to weezing:69%~82% Same as spiritomb..2hkoed

Due to the immense mixape/mixvire weakness, a cresselia or dusknoir is recommended.

And focus sash on honchkrow dosen't look like it does anything. You're going to get faked out by napes and weavile, outspeed by togekiss and air slash flinced/thunder waved and your ability prevent hypnosis from hitting you, so sash is pretty useless.

krow@scarf
insomania/super luck
252 Atk / 48 SpA / 212 Spe
~ Night Slash
~ Drill Peck
~ Superpower
~ Heat Wave

huh? I know I have a weakness to ape, but pedo can OHKP it with AJ, My walls are mainly Physical because dark biggest weakness is Fighting, Ground and bug with are mainly physical, I don't really want 3 choice users on my team so I won't be testing that crow set.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
With the exception of Honchkrow, you don't seem to have much to counter Fighting types. Sure, Spiritomb can switch in on Heracross and absorb its CC, or any other CC, but then what?

Will-O-Wisp only goes so far, and doesn't bother special fighters much. SpecsLuke is probably a problem for this team, since there isn't enough that can be done to it, and it's Aura Sphere would rip you up. Even Weavile thinks twice about it.

I'd reccomend you place something special orientated over there. Shiftry is nice but it's not vital to this team and could be replaced.

I don't have much experience with Dark types, so I can't really give any great examples, but possibly Houndoom for special attack? It's got some decent speed and some nice offensive moves to play with. Fire Blast hurts SpecsLuke if you can get it in.

randomspot555

As for Weezing, you really don't need a better spread. You just need to recognize that Weezing's special attack stat sucks.

That being said, you might as well use Thunder/Fire Blast instead of their weaker counter parts, since Weezing needs all the power possible.

HP Ice, due to Weezing's pathetic special attack, won't do jack to most dragons. Remember with garchomp that an Ice Shard from Donphan does something like a 3hko? Yeah, it'll see the same situation here, and in those 3 turns, Weezing will likely go down.

Honestly, I'd keep the EV spread, and use these moves:
-Thunder
-Fire Blast
-Will O Wisp/Toxic
-Pain Split/Explosion

As for Weezing, you really don't need a better spread. You just need to recognize that Weezing's special attack stat sucks.

That being said, you might as well use Thunder/Fire Blast instead of their weaker counter parts, since Weezing needs all the power possible.

HP Ice, due to Weezing's pathetic special attack, won't do jack to most dragons. Remember with garchomp that an Ice Shard from Donphan does something like a 3hko? Yeah, it'll see the same situation here, and in those 3 turns, Weezing will likely go down.

Honestly, I'd keep the EV spread, and use these moves:
-Thunder
-Fire Blast
-Will O Wisp/Toxic
-Pain Split/Explosion

Cheers, I'll test that

cloudk

hates you.
huh? I know I have a weakness to ape, but pedo can OHKP it with AJ, My walls are mainly Physical because dark biggest weakness is Fighting, Ground and bug with are mainly physical, I don't really want 3 choice users on my team so I won't be testing that crow set.

Pedo can OHKO, but pedo cannot switch in. Once it switches in, it dies.

cloudk

hates you.
Then it'll switch out..So it'll keep switching in to CC and when pedo comes it goes out, so..yeah >_>

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
Meh if you over look your Fighting weakness then the team i strong {avoiding Evire}. there could be a few changes though.

First you going to want Weavile as your lead cuz it is to fragile to come on on anything and seocnd on your weezing your going to want these moves

either what you have but have WoW and pain split in staed of the last two move but only if you are alright with the accruasy of Thunder and Fire blast if not then this move set Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/WoW/Pain split.

Hope I helped, BYE

Meh if you over look your Fighting weakness then the team i strong {avoiding Evire}. there could be a few changes though.

First you going to want Weavile as your lead cuz it is to fragile to come on on anything and seocnd on your weezing your going to want these moves

either what you have but have WoW and pain split in staed of the last two move but only if you are alright with the accruasy of Thunder and Fire blast if not then this move set Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/WoW/Pain split.

Hope I helped, BYE

huh........? Do don't make any sence. Anyway I know I have a fighting weakness that's why I have both spirtomb and weezing. I disagree with you about making my vile my lead. CB vile is a great revenge killer so I won't be changing it to a lead.

I'm testing Thunder and fire blast over Thunderbolt and Flamethower on Weezing due to advice from another member.

Anyway if your going to rate this team please know what your taking about.

Cheers.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
I would replace Choice Band on Weavile with Life Orb and then fit in Ariel Ace somewhere, This will also give you another way to Revenge Kill Infernape but still give you the freedom to switch between attacks.

The team does seem alright, but a dark type monoteam with a single wildcard will be hard to master because the type is pretty darn limited.

EDIT: I really cant see from a glance or from looking through the other dark types how to improve your team.

I would replace Choice Band on Weavile with Life Orb and then fit in Ariel Ace somewhere, This will also give you another way to Revenge Kill Infernape but still give you the freedom to switch between attacks.

The team does seem alright, but a dark type monoteam with a single wildcard will be hard to master because the type is pretty darn limited.

EDIT: I really cant see from a glance or from looking through the other dark types how to improve your team.

Cheers PPM, I was thinking about switching Vile's item to LO to give it more freedom on the battlefleld. Also AA sounds good for revenge killing ape.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
Hmm, I have an idea... maybe.

Was thinking about Changing your WildCard to Gliscor, which would allow you to counter Heracross better and give it enough speed EV's to be able to outspeed Adamant Lucario so you can counter Ice Punch and Hidden Power [ICE] Varients that will be running +Atk/SpA Natures (But dont switch if you expect either of these attacks!). Gliscor also gives your team some form of self healing which it lacks giving it more survivability.

You would lose some Special Attacks yes, I was then thinking about fitting Houndoom in there somewhere, Over Shiftry maybe?

Hmm, I have an idea... maybe.

Was thinking about Changing your WildCard to Gliscor, which would allow you to counter Heracross better and give it enough speed EV's to be able to outspeed Adamant Lucario so you can counter Ice Punch and Hidden Power [ICE] Varients that will be running +Atk/SpA Natures (But dont switch if you expect either of these attacks!). Gliscor also gives your team some form of self healing which it lacks giving it more survivability.

You would lose some Special Attacks yes, I was then thinking about fitting Houndoom in there somewhere, Over Shiftry maybe?

Aye that could work, But I see a DD dos weakness creping in. Unless I use a CS houndoom with HP Electric over Shiftry. And use Gliscor over Weezing as you said that will give me a SRer and a great fighting resister. What do you think?

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
Aye that could work, But I see a DD dos weakness creping in. Unless I use a CS houndoom with HP Electric over Shiftry. And use Gliscor over Weezing as you said that will give me a SRer and a great fighting resister. What do you think?

Yes, I guess you could try that, pretty good idea. I dont think anyone will expect Hidden Power [Electr] on Houndoom.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
I'd drop Weezing for maybe A Gengar.. It resists all of them, it even has no weakeness against fighting.

Gliscor will shurg off fighting attacks and recovery off the damage anyway. It will also perform as his Physical wall, and if you add Gengar he will totally lose another wall leaving him with just one wall, which is acting as a sweeping wall.

But maybe a more offensive team is the answer to mastering the dark monotype, i aint sure.