• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My New Competitive Team

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Here we go :D It is a Poison Type team, but I have a Fairy and a Steel/Bug to.

Dragalge @ Life Orb
Poison Point
Modest
252 Sp Att 252 HP 3 Att 1 Def
Scald
Dragon Pulse
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb

Roserade @ Red Card
Poison Point
Timid
252 Sp Att 252 Spe 4 HP
Spikes
Synthesis
Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Speed Boost
Careful
252 Def 252 Sp Def 4 HP
Swords Dance
Poison Jab
X-Scissor
Earthquake

Drapion @ Air Balloon
Sniper
Adamant
252 Att 252 Spe 4 HP
Toxic Spikes
Cross Poison
Night Slash
Fell Stinger

Sylveon @ Weakness Policy
Pixilate
Timid
252 Sp Att 252 Spe 4 Hp
Moonblast
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Wish

Scizor @ Scizorite
Technician
Adamant
252 Att 252 Spe 4 Hp
Bullet Punch
Roost
Rock Smash
U-turn

Any suggestions would help.

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
1. Drapion could use Knock Off instead of Night Slash for added utility.
2. Maybe replace Sylveon with Togekiss which can learn pretty much the same moves in addition to Flamethrower. Your team looks like it would have trouble with the likes of Skarmory

VerntheNoivern

ALOHAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Actually, togekiss is completely different from sylveon. they are completely different, though togekiss will be better off in this team as it can deal with skarmory easily. (flamethrower=bye bye.)

Togekiss @ Kings rock
Ability: Serene grace.
Nature: Modest.

-Air slash
-Thunder wave
-Flamethrower
-Dazzling gleam.

paraflincher, simple as heck. see a skarmory, flamethrower.

Otherwise, poison isn't that great a type imo. for use in game, it will suffice, but really a poison type will do in most teams, as poison is a pretty bad offensive typing.

FlareBlitz3000

Legg University QB
Roserade
Sleep Powder>Synthesis: Sleep Powder helps Roserade get up the Spikes easier

Natural Cure>Poison Point: Roserade doesnt have the physical bulk to hope for repeated contact beatings just to get a REGULAR POISON off, which is hugely inferior to Toxic Poison.

Scolipede

252 Atk/Spd> 252 Def/SpDef: If you want Scolipede to hit harder and faster, go for Max Attack and Max Speed. If you want to be bulkier for more set up chances, go for attack and HP

Adamant>Careful: Helps with hitting harder

Protect>Earthquake: Scolipede has a bit of bulk, but not great bulk, so it needs the Protect to get at least 1 Speed Boost.

Scizor
Defog/Swords Dance>Rock Smash: Your Scolipede doesn't like Rocks, so Defog helps there. Swords Dance helps Mega Scizor set up. If you opt for Swords Dance, then X-Scissor over U-Turn.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Skullkraken-
Okay that sounds better, I have actually run into a Knock Off Drapion and they seem pretty good.

VerntheNoivern-
Sweet, didn't know Togekiss was better. I will replace my Sylveon for Togekiss then. And yeah I know Poison isn't really great, but I want to make a team for each type. Still rapes Fairies though. xD

FlareBlitz3000-
I might take the Sleep Powder over Synthesis, and yeah I have been trying to get an Ability Capsule to change my Roserade to Natural Cure.
I heard that you can't do anything to EVs once level 100 and my Scolipede is level 100. Too late to change Nature though... And I could go for Protect and try that out.
Defog actually seems pretty useful for him. And my Scolipede surprisingly doesn't take much from rocks. I might just change U-turn, but it helps to get some damage in when I want to switch out.

KillerDraco

Er, a little bit of misinformation is being passed around in this thread.

You can still use Horde Battles to EV Train even at level 100. Pokemon gain EVs from Battle regardless of their level; it was in Gen 5 that the change was implemented allowing level 100 Pokemon to also accumulate EVs, and this has not changed in Gen 6.

I believe you're confusing mechanics a little; Pokemon gain EVs from any opponent that CAN give EXP, even if they're level 100. The rule of "Pokemon that don't give EXP = no EVs" means that things like Wifi battles, the Battle Maison, etc. will not give EVs, but it does not exclude level 100 Pokemon who would otherwise gain EXP if they weren't level 100.

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Er, a little bit of misinformation is being passed around in this thread.

You can still use Horde Battles to EV Train even at level 100. Pokemon gain EVs from Battle regardless of their level; it was in Gen 5 that the change was implemented allowing level 100 Pokemon to also accumulate EVs, and this has not changed in Gen 6.

I believe you're confusing mechanics a little; Pokemon gain EVs from any opponent that CAN give EXP, even if they're level 100. The rule of "Pokemon that don't give EXP = no EVs" means that things like Wifi battles, the Battle Maison, etc. will not give EVs, but it does not exclude level 100 Pokemon who would otherwise gain EXP if they weren't level 100.

I see, well thankfully we have KillerDraco to bring us up to the minute information on pokemon. The more you know, and knowledge is power!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Thanks KillerDraco, I was told a few months back that I couldn't EV train my level 100 Pokemon. So I had to kind of ditch one of my team members after they became level 100 and I rest their EVs.