• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My new (final) team

makiri

1. Infernape @Life Orb
Hasty/Naive
56 Atk/200 Spd/252 SpAtk
-U-turn
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Close Combat

Mixed Sweeper, hits when can be Super Effective. U-turn when can't and after using Close Combat. I can't decide which nature is better

2. Electivire @Expert Belt
Adamant
4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Thunderpunch
-Ice punch
-Cross Chop
-Earthquacke

Physical sweeper, standard Moveset, covers many types.

3. Dusknoir @Leftovers
Impish
252 hp/ 76 def/180 sp def
-Pain Split
-Will-o-wisp
-Fire Punch
-Shadow Sneak

Mixed Wall, Will-o-Wisp against physical sweepers, Pain Split when HP is low and Shadow Sneak to suprise enemy before healing. Don't know what is better: Thunderpunch (against Gyarados) or Firepunch (against Heracross)

4. Gardevoir @Leftovers
Synchronize
Modest
252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 4 HP
- Hypnosis
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

My moveset from Emerald, worked well. 1st Hypnosis, Calm Mind when foe is asleep and then Psychic and Thunderbolt. Wish wasn't working well, Gardevoir was K.O. by physical attacks.

5. Bronzgong @Leftovers
Sassy (+ S.Defense, - Speed)
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SDef
-Hypnosis
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball
-Light Screen

Another wall. First Hypnosis, than attack. Gyro ball is powerfull, so as Eartquake (against fire). Can't decide which id better: Ligdt screen with Leftovers or Rest with Chesto Berry.

6. Kingdra @Choice Specs/Scope Lens
Sniper
Modest
4Hp / 252SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam

Special Sweeper, Draco Meteor has a big chance for 1 hit KO and critical hit. Other moves to cover most types.

6b. Porygon-Z @Life Orb
modest
252 sp atk/ 252 spd/ 6 hp
Tri Attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt/Psychic
Nasty Plot

That's all. Suggestions needed for moves, natures, EV's and attacks. Sorry for my english :p

Last edited:
I think gyra is probably gonna give you more trouble though I'm not sure you might wanna give your infernape more attk ev's then sp atk. Or atleast make it less of a difference between the two.

You could try a 148 satk 128 physical. This way it'll be alittle more even and you'll be doing more damage with close combat

TogeticTheRuler

Infernape close combat is usually for Blissey, to guarantee a 1 hit ko on Max def/Max hp Blissey, you need a minumum of 26 attack evs, max out special attack, then the rest in speed.

santaiscoolV2

ok gardevoir isnt seeing much use in this gen and there is a good reason for it, there are much better special sweepers, and with higher speed then gardevoir, i would stick a porygon-z in here, you can switch into him if you think a ghost attack is coming to dusknoir, or on a revenge kill then nasty plot, and sweep. i would go with the standard set.

Porygon-Z@life orb
modest/timid
EV: 252 sp atk/ 252 spd/ 6 hp
Tri attack
ice beam
thunder bolt
nasty plot

obviously the trait of this porygon-Z would be adaptibility.

ok now moving on if the aformentioned porygon-z is added, go ahead and take fire punch on duksnoir, to cover heracross just beware of nightslash/pursuit.

ok moving on, now to bronzong, either have gyroball or EQ, and then stick Stealth rock onto his moveset, oh and he wants light screen not rest.

Kingdra really wants C-specs, and signal beam is unesscary because the odds are surf will be hitting just as hard or near it even if the hit is suppereffective, plus surf is better to be stuck on if you go with the c-specs set. C-specs kingdra could make a really good late game sweeper. so maybe go psuedo c-mence and add dragon pulse in place of signal beam or stick with it if you feel like it.

ok with the two other special sweepers infernape wants to go full physcial sweeper.

Infernape@expert belt
jolly
EV: 252 atk, 252 spd
Flare blitz
grass knot
close combat
stone edge

well this set will work nicely, stone edge helps your gyara problems, and can hit salamence for some decent damage, grass knot is your ticket to killing swampert, just be wary as it swampert walls your team alot, and it can OHKO infernape with a EQ. other than that flare blitz and Close combat are your standard high powered stab moves. U turn was never that neccesary.

oh and i think a 252 hp/ 76 def/180 sp def, and go with impish on dusknoir would be good.

well hoped my comments helped

Last edited:
Oh alright then nm. Definately go with togetics advice brah.

makiri

I changed all what you said, but i'd like to have Infernape with this moveset (more safe) and have Gardevoir on my team. Maybe i should change it's moveset? (WoW on Gardevior over Hypnosis and elemental punch over WoW on Dusknoir)

TogeticTheRuler

... Damn I hate when people treat Gardevoir as if it was a copy of Alakazam, ITS NOT, its suppose to use its support options in order to work well, hence why Medicham is better than Gallade at Choice Scarf and Band sets.

Heres a Gardevoir I have:
Gardevoir-Leftovers
-Wish/Hypnosis
-Will-o-wisp/Hypnosis
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
Not really a good set but its a random thing i came up with.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Frankly Bliss is better at the set you want to pull off.

And Gardy is awesome. In BL. It just doesn't work in OU.

Shiny Kamex

Heracross very tasty
Well when I see a mixed Infernape it goes like this.

Infernape @Expert Belt
Naive
EVs: (Not totally sure on these but) 168 Spd/ 252 Atk/ 84 Sp. Atk
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat

Nasty Plot will cover up the low Sp. Atk EVs I gave him.

I don't exactly know why you give Kingdra a lot of Sp. Atk EVs with him being a special sweeper and then giving him Draco Meteor. That will hurt really bad unless you decide to switch after. So explain that to me or someone else.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
It needs 56 Atk with a Life Orb to 1HKO Bliss all the time, so you can devote more EVs to Spd and SAtk

TogeticTheRuler

Well when I see a mixed Infernape it goes like this.

Infernape @Expert Belt
Naive
EVs: (Not totally sure on these but) 168 Spd/ 252 Atk/ 84 Sp. Atk
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat

Nasty Plot will cover up the low Sp. Atk EVs I gave him.

I don't exactly know why you give Kingdra a lot of Sp. Atk EVs with him being a special sweeper and then giving him Draco Meteor. That will hurt really bad unless you decide to switch after. So explain that to me or someone else.

Explain to me why would you want to make a Salamence Modest,and have CHoice Specs and it has draco meteor.
Its to hit hard and then switch out.

Shiny Kamex

Heracross very tasty
Explain to me why would you want to make a Salamence Modest,and have CHoice Specs and it has draco meteor.

Okay I was wondering about that thanks. That's what I thought cause then it made sense.

makiri

That's my reason :p I made some changes in my team, not sure only about Kingdra's item, Dusknoir's punch (maybe Thunder) and Infernape's nature. And i want to train Porygon Z and switch him sometimes with Gardevoir (or kingdra, not sure yet). The only little problem is other movesets (should be a little different to each of them), but i think that i'll try to stick with that what i have.