• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My new OU team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic User Name

My New OU team (Changes in Bold)

Hydreigon@ Life Orb
Modest Nature
252SpA/252Spd
Ability- Levitate
Attacks- Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Dark Pulse
Description- A suicide lead. Dragon Pulse gets STAB, Flamethrower and FB for coverage. Dark Pulse also gets STAB. Nothing special here...

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
Timid Nature
252Def/252HP/4SpD
Ability- Water Absorb
Attacks- Scald, Toxic, Roar, Protect
Description- A wall, and one of the best walls in the game IMO. Scald for damage and a chance to burn. Toxic to poison (badly poison, whatever). Protect to, well, protect. Roar in case it runs into any problems or if it wants to Toxic someone else.

Scizor@ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252Atk/252Spd/4HP
Ability- Technician
Attacks- Bullet Punch, Pursuit, Bug Bite, Swords Dance.
Details- Physical Sweeper, Bullet Punch gets priority and extra damage from Technician. Pursuit for fleeing foes which also gets boosted by Technician. Bug Bite for STAB, plus it gets a boost from Technician. Swords Dance raises Atk.

Magnezone@ Air Balloon
Bold Nature
252SpA/252Def/4HP
Ability- Sturdy
Attacks- Thunder Wave, Thunder Bolt, Swagger, Flash Cannon
Details- Tank. Thunder Wave+Swagger= Trouble for almost any opponent that isnt a ground type. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon for STAB.

Latias@ Psychic Gem
Modest Nature
252Atk/252Spd/4HP
Ability- Levitate
Attacks- Psycho Shift, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Dragon Pulse
Details- This is way better then Lucario. Dragon Pulse for STAB. Psychic for some desperately needed Fighting coverage. Shadow Ball for other coverage. Psycho Shift to transfer status afflictions, which can be goood late game.

Cloyster@ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
252Atk/252Def/4HP
Ability- Skill Link
Attacks- Razor Shell, Shell Smash, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast
Details- Shell Smash to boost stats. Razor Shell for STAB. RB/IS and Skill Link is the oldest trick in the book.

Please tell me if I need to change anything (that includes changing Pokemon)

Last edited:

irock245

She wants it
My New OU team

Hydreigon@ Life Orb
Modest Nature
252SpA/252Spd
Ability- Levitate
Attacks- Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, dark pulse
Description- A suicide lead. Dragon Pulse gets STAB, Flamethrower and FB for coverage. Tri- Attack for neutral coverage. Nothing special here...
Synergy- Ice: Lucario; Fighting: Lucario; Bug: Cloyster ; Dragon: Cloyster

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
timid Nature
252Def/252HP/4SpD
Ability- Water Absorb
Attacks- scald, Toxic, Roar, Protect
Description- A wall, and one of the best walls in the game IMO. Haze annoys your opponent if he/she tries any stat changes. Toxic to poison (badly poison, whatever). Protect to, well, protect. Roar in case it runs into any problems or if it wants to Toxic someone else.
Synergy- Electric: Lucario; Grass- Hydreigon

Scizor@ leftovers/life orb
Adamant Nature
252Atk/252Spd4 hp
Ability- Technician
Attacks- Bullet Punch, Pursuit, X-Scissor, Swords Dance.
Details- Physical Sweeper, Bullet Punch gets priority and extra damage from Technician. Pursuit for fleeing foes which also gets boosted by Technician. X-Scissor for STAB. Swords Dance raises Atk.
Synergy- Fire: Lucario

Magnezone@ Air Balloon
Bold Nature
252SP Atk/252Def/4HP
Ability- Magnet Pull
Attacks- Thunder Wave, Thunder Bolt, Swagger, Flash Cannon
Details- Tank. Thunder Wave+Swagger= Trouble for almost any opponent that isnt a ground type. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon for STAB.
Synergy- Fire: Lucario; Fighting: Lucario; Ground: Cloyster

Lucario@ leftovers
Naive Nature
252hp/252SpA/4Spd
Ability- steadfast
Attacks- Calm Mind, earth power(if he can learn it, i'm not sure), Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball
Details- Mixed Sweeper. Calm Mind to boost sp def and SpA. Earthquake is just a plane good move. Aura Sphere for STAB and Psychic for coverage.
Synergy- Fire: Self Covered; Fighting: Self Covered; Ground: Cloyster

Cloyster@ Expert Belt
adamant/jolly Nature
252Atk/252SpA/4HP
Ability- Skill Link
Attacks- Razor Shell, Shell Smash, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast
Details- Shell Smash to boost stats. Razor Shell for STAB. RB/IS and Skill Link is the oldest trick in the book.*
Synergy- Electric/Grass:Lucario; Ground- Self Covered

Please tell me if I need to change anything (that includes changing Pokemon)

Changes inbold. I just changed moslty Ev's natures, and items, although i changed a move on hydregion, lucario and vaporeon. And just so you know, you can roar the stat changes away, causing even more mayhem then if you just god rid of stat changes.

Soperman

The One and Only
Vaporeon: Change Jolly for Bold (+Defense, -Attack) or Calm (+Special Defense, -Attack). Switch one of its attacks for Scald.
Scizor: Change X-scissor for Bug Bite. it has the Technician boost, and it can eat the opponent's berry.
Magnezone: 252 SPECIAL ATTACK. YOU HAVE NO PHYSICAL ATTACKS. Magnet Pull is for revenge killing. Sturdy is more tank-like.
Cloyster: Why Rash? Give it Adamant. And why 252 Special Attack? Change it to Defense.
In general, you have a massive Fighting weakness. Lucario, Hydreigon, Magnezone, and Cloyster have that same weakness, and not one pokemon can cover it. Maybe Aerial Ace on Scizor (gets Technician boost).
Now for Technical mistakes you made. Clostey is not weak to Ground, he's weak to Rock. Lucario is also weak to Fire. Closter, on the other hand, isn't, and has STAB Water coverage.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
I'm pretty sure it's a typo, but lucario doesn't really cover fire weaknesses as he is weak to it's well. Just having a super effective move doesn't make hike a counter or check

Generic User Name

^Bingo.

I was half asleep when i did this. Btw im gonna add changes. Im thinking about replacing Lucario with a Psychic due to overuse of steels and lack of Psychic coverage? Any suggestions?

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
Please put pictures in. I can't rate a team W/O pictures. Text walls burn my eyes. If you don't know where to get pics, go to www.Photobucket.com

Kerosene

Super Palkia
If you want a Psychic type, there is reuniclus and lati@s. Pictures and better descriptions would be very nice.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Yeah, Reuniclus and lati@s are great psychics, a little overused, but good. Chandelure also works as a revenge killer if you give it psychic and a scarf. Sigilyph is cool too, give him a flame orb and psycho shift the burn. Gothitelle is... It's a psychic. Slower/slowking could work since it resists fire too. Idk, I'm just listing things down.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
I prefer Timid nature on fast sweepers like your Hydreigon.

Your Cloyster has Shell Smash, and is an all out attacker, so i think you should give 252 Speed EV's, rather than 252 Def.
Cloysters Def is already crazy high, so it don't really need any Def EV's at all.

Jiggly

JigglyCorneliousPuff
Cloyster WILL need Rapid Spin assistance if it's going to live past Stealth Rock - Allowing you to attempt to get it in on a weaker attack multiple times. Rather than limiting itself. (especially with the Defence drops from Shell smash.)

I've not Seen parafusion in some time. I personally see it as more of a gimmick myself. Magnezone should be focusing on trapping and killing opposing Ferrothorn Thunderbolt/HP Fire/Substitute/Thunder Wave, Still allows you to Spread paralysis, and kill trapped steel types.

Ferrothorn's going to enjoy setting up Rocks.

I'd add more but i'm tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.