• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My New Platinum BT Team

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
These 3 got me pretty far at the BT, though not as far as my Empoleon-led team. Pretty physically-oriented, so I think physical walls might pose a threat in the future. I'm looking for a new special sweeper, becaue my only specially-oriented pokemon as of now is my Magmortar, and it sucks.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
Ability: Pressure
4 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Swords Dance
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break

My lead. This is to take care of the first 14 battles quickly so I don't get bored. Plus, it provides pretty decent coverage. Swords Dance to boost atk, Ice Punch and Night Slash for STAB, and Brick Break to deal with Steels.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Lonely Nature
Ability: Motor Drive
4 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

The main pokemon of my team. This one has awesome type coverage and can type-trump a lot of types. Thunder Punch for STAB, Ice Punch for Ground-types, Earthquake is awesome paired up with Ice Punch, and Cross Chop for more coverage.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP/252 def/4 sp.def
-Shadow Sneak
-Will-O-Wisp
-Fire Punch
-Pain Split

This holds the team together. Def is wicked and I can use it to switch in on a powerful opponent later on. It is strong enough to resist multiple hits, and when my HP gets low, I Pain Split,Will-O-Wisp, and Shadow Sneak until the foe faints. Shadow Sneak for STAB, Will-O-Wisp to help "pseudo-sweep", and to cushion impact from physical moves even more, Fire Punch for coverage, and Pain Split to heal.

Got me pretty far at the Battle Tower. I'm thinking of replacing one of these for a special sweeper because I think I might need one if I'm able to get any further. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Arsel

I don't really see why you uses a Lonley nature on your Electivire, since it only has physical attacks, Adamant is a better choise. Asuming that you stick with Lonley, you can use ThunderBolt over ThunderPunch and also change some of thye EV's to Special Attack instead.

LordFeraligatr

Changes/thoughts are in bold

These 3 got me pretty far at the BT, though not as far as my Empoleon-led team. How far did you Empoleon lead team get ? and what did you use ?Pretty physically-oriented, so I think physical walls might pose a threat in the future. I'm looking for a new special sweeper, becaue my only specially-oriented pokemon as of now is my Magmortar, and it sucks.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
4 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Swords Dance
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break

You could try having counter on weavile and/or fake out, though what you remove would be up to you

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Adamant Nature
4 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

Standard, i love this pokemon too

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP/252 def/4 sp.def
-Shadow Sneak
-Will-O-Wisp
-Fire Punch
-Pain Split

this is cool

Got me pretty far at the Battle Tower. I'm thinking of replacing one of these for a special sweeper because I think I might need one if I'm able to get any further. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thank you for your time.
Pretty good team but i would definately change one of the physical sweepers for a special sweeper you could even use electivire as a mixed/special sweeper maybe

These 3 got me pretty far at the BT, though not as far as my Empoleon-led team. Pretty physically-oriented, so I think physical walls might pose a threat in the future. I'm looking for a new special sweeper, becaue my only specially-oriented pokemon as of now is my Magmortar, and it sucks.
Any Standard Magmortar is better than Full Physical Electivire if you ask me :/
Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
4 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Pursuit / Ice Shard
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break

My lead. This is to take care of the first 14 battles quickly so I don't get bored. Plus, it provides pretty decent coverage. Swords Dance to boost atk, Ice Punch and Night Slash for STAB, and Brick Break to deal with Steels.
Priority loves your set. Switch this to the second slot and change it to Vire. Frankly, I find Boosters less useful than Choice Users in the BT, anyway. :/ Don't change Ice Punch to Ice Shard, because you need all the muscle you can get, because if Vire doesn't come across something he can just nail for super effective, then you're honestly screwed without something with just raw power.
Electivire @ Expert Belt
Lonely / Mild Nature
80 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 176 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Hidden Power {Grass} / Hidden Power {Ice}
-Cross Chop

The main pokemon of my team. This one has awesome type coverage and can type-trump a lot of types. Thunder Punch for STAB, Ice Punch for Ground-types, Earthquake is awesome paired up with Ice Punch, and Cross Chop for more coverage.
I thought someone like you would know better than to use the Full Physical Set. I don't care how many types it hits Super Effective, it's Walled to easily. This set can actually serve the purpose of Wall BREAKER, if you know when to attack or switch to your own Wall because you know you can win a Stall War.
Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP/252 def/4 sp.def
-Shadow Sneak
-Will-O-Wisp
-Fire Punch
-Pain Split

This holds the team together. Def is wicked and I can use it to switch in on a powerful opponent later on. It is strong enough to resist multiple hits, and when my HP gets low, I Pain Split,Will-O-Wisp, and Shadow Sneak until the foe faints. Shadow Sneak for STAB, Will-O-Wisp to help "pseudo-sweep", and to cushion impact from physical moves even more, Fire Punch for coverage, and Pain Split to heal.
Standard. Nothing much to say.

Go with the Vire set I gave you. With it, you have a Specially Based Mixed Sweeper that can pull it's own weight fine, provided you are smart enough when to switch it too Electric Attacks.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
I don't really see why you uses a Lonley nature on your Electivire, since it only has physical attacks, Adamant is a better choise. Asuming that you stick with Lonley, you can use ThunderBolt over ThunderPunch and also change some of thye EV's to Special Attack instead.

I stuck with Lonely nature because I had difficulty breeding for one with an Adamant nature.

LordFeraligatr said:
How far did you Empoleon lead team get ? and what did you use ?

41-wins. Team consisted of Empoleon, Garchomp, and Lucario. Some shared weaknesses, I guess that's why they failed. They weren't fully EV trained, either, so I guess I have myself to blame.

Chaotic Tyrant said:
Any Standard Magmortar is better than Full Physical Electivire if you ask me :/

Awesome! So, should I use that instead?

Priority loves your set. Switch this to the second slot and change it to Vire. Frankly, I find Boosters less useful than Choice Users in the BT, anyway. :/ Don't change Ice Punch to Ice Shard, because you need all the muscle you can get, because if Vire doesn't come across something he can just nail for super effective, then you're honestly screwed without something with just raw power.

Hm. Not too partial on the locking on one move thing, but I guess it's worth it. I could just switch to Dusknoir if I am faced with a tough situation.

I thought someone like you would know better than to use the Full Physical Set. I don't care how many types it hits Super Effective, it's Walled to easily. This set can actually serve the purpose of Wall BREAKER, if you know when to attack or switch to your own Wall because you know you can win a Stall War.

Whoa. That means a lot. You think I'm that smart? No. I just picked Electivire because it was the most versatile pokemon available to me at that time. I believe MixVire would be the better option though. Not sure how I can pull that one off without HP, but, no pain, no gain, right?

Go with the Vire set I gave you. With it, you have a Specially Based Mixed Sweeper that can pull it's own weight fine, provided you are smart enough when to switch it too Electric Attacks.

Great. So Mild would be better than Naive, then? And I think I might have the mental capacity to process the information needed to switch out. :D

Awesome, awesome feedback guys. Thanks for all the help. I'll be sure to take your advice very seriously and I'll start working on it right away!