• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My new Semi-Competitive RMT

Bossk

Like a champ.
So, I redid my "Ultimate Party" back when I was a n00b. I crushed everyone with it, which is pretty surprising. I once got pwn'd, and became furious. I decided to redo it. Once again, I'm redoing it simply because it still sucks. So here's the team building process.

I first was going to just revamp movepools and such, my team being
;248; ;373; ;365; ;376; ;448; ;171;

I wanted to utilize Lanturn much better so I decided to go with a bulky set. I got Lanturn an EV spread of 40 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA / 212 SpD Bold given to me by Al, which I thank him for. My newest team member is now this:

Spr_4h_171.png

Lanturn@Chesto Berry
~Volt Absorb~
~Bold 40 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA / 212 SpD~
  • Charge Beam
  • Ice Beam
  • Rest
  • Surf

Then, I realized how much a gaping weakness I have to Fighting on this team, I decided to add Togekiss for a good special sweeper, and I put him over Walrein. Walrein, being a RestTalker, didn't add much, and having NP Togekiss was purely win.
Spr_4p_468.png

Togekiss@Leftovers
~Serene Grace~
~Modest 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe~
  • Nasty Plot
  • Aura Sphere
  • Air Slash
  • Roost

;248; ;373; ;376; ;448; ;171; ;468;

After this, I decided to replace more Pokemon. My next thing was that although Lanturn is bulky, I felt like I needed someone better. I got Latias as a suggestion from TheBlueRabbit and GS. They suggested a CM Latias.

Spr_4p_380.png

Latias@Leftovers
~Levitate~
~Timid 252 HP/80 SpA/176 Spe~
  • Calm Mind
  • Dragon Pulse
  • HP {Fire}
  • Surf
;248; ;373; ;376; ;448; ;468; ;380;

After doing so, we decided we needed to work on Tyranitar. We chose to do DD Tyranitar at first. We later changed it, but no matter.

Spr_4d_248.png

Tyranitar@Babiri Berry
~Sandstream~
~Adamant 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe~
  • Dragon Dance
  • Crunch
  • Stone Edge
  • Aqua Tail

;248; ;373; ;376; ;448; ;468; ;380;

We were looking everything over and we noticed that Lucario could be a good SD sweeper, but we decided that Scizor would be better. With Technician Ability this is godly :3

Spr_4p_212_m.png

Scizor@Leftovers
~Technician~
~Adamant 244 HP/252 Atk/12 Spe~
  • Swords Dance
  • Super Power
  • Bug Bite
  • Bullet PAWNCH

;248; ;373; ;376; ;212; ;468; ;380;

After this, I saw how much I hate taking too long to set up, and decided to use CB Tyranitar over DD because as I said, I frankly dislike setting up and taking too many turns out of it as well. SD Scizor is good enough for me.

Spr_4d_248.png

Tyranitar@Choice Band
~Sandstream~
~Adamant 160 HP/252Atk/96 Spe~
  • Stone Edge
  • Earthquake
  • Aqua Tail
  • Crunch

Now, we saw the new team was Tyranitar, Latias, Togekiss, Scizor, Metagross, and Salamence. Our next thing that we worked on was Salamence. We decided that MixMence would fit well.

Spr_4d_373.png

Salamence@Life Orb
~Intimidate~
~Naive 16 Atk/240 SpA/252 Spe~
  • Draco Meteor
  • Earthquake
  • Fire Blast
  • Outrage

After all of this, we noticed Metagross has without function, and we also need a lead, there we go. Simple as that.

Spr_4d_376.png

Metagross@Occa Berry
~Clear Body~
~Adamant 252 HP/232 Atk/20 Spe
  • Stealth Rock
  • Meteor Mash
  • Earthquake
  • Explosion

Okay, we thought we were all done until we noticed that we needed a Rapid Spinner! The only member that we could really take out was Tyranitar so it was done so. We came up with Starmie, Forrtress, Donphan, and Hitmontop for a spinner. Due to this team having an Ice problem, I decided upon Hitmontop. We used Eon's :3

Spr_4h_237.png

Hitmontop@Leftovers
~Technician~
~Adamant 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe~
  • Mach Punch
  • Sucker Punch
  • Aerial Ace
  • Rapid Spin

Then, after this, we realized the redundancy of Fighting+Flying also used by Togekiss. We needed another special sweeper, and using ScarfGar means no setup which is ideal for me. Just a normal ScarfGar, really.

Spr_4h_094.png

Gengar@Choice Scarf
~Levitate~
~Timid 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP~
  • Energy Ball
  • Shadow Ball
  • Focus Blast
  • Thunderbolt

Aha! Now the team is finally complete! Here is the full team, now:

Spr_4d_376.png

Metagross@Occa Berry
Bag_Occa_Berry_Sprite.png

~Clear Body~
~Adamant 252 HP/232 Atk/20 Spe~
  • Stealth Rock
  • Bullet Punch
  • Explosion
  • Earthquake

Pretty standard LeadGross here. Stealth Rock is for Entry Hazards. Meteor Mash has been used over Bullet Punch for the extra power, and plus, since Metagross is a lead, you most likely won't need a revenge kill BP. Earthquake is for coverage and mainly filler. Explosion is to do some serious damage when either in a dangerous situation, when he's done, or if I just feel like it :3

Max HP for the bulk, really. He needs it to be a decent lead. Next, 20 Spe EVs for the other Metagross. Not 16 because some do run 16 just in case as well and using 20 puts me ahead no matter what. The rest is dumped into Atk for extra power, with an Adamant Nature to boot.

Spr_4d_373.png

Salamence @Life Orb
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

~Intimidate~
~Naive 16 Atk/240 SpA/252 Spe~
  • Draco Meteor
  • Outrage
  • Fire Blast
  • Earthquake

Its pretty freakin' basic. It being MixMence allows it to breaks walls and such. It gets some awesome coverage, as well. DracoFire is an awesome type combination and Earthquake helps out allot.

Salamence really needs the 240 SpA EVs to do some damage on the special side. 252 spe is obvious, and the rest goes into Attack due to it being the rest and an extra +4 Attack stat has no disadvantages.

Spr_4h_094.png

Gengar@Trick Scarf
Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png

~Levitate~
~Timid 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP~
  • Shadow Ball
  • HP {Ice}
  • Thunderbolt
  • Focus Blast

Okay, basic ScarfGar is basic. Not much to explain, really. Trick Scarf for high speed, Timid for even extra speed to help it outrun/tie Latias and other Gengar. 252 SpA EVs for obvious reasons.

The attacks are obviously are all for kickass coverage as you can see. Easy as uh....playing Pokemon xD cheesy joke is cheesy....so is this

Spr_4p_212_m.png

Scizor@Leftovers
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

~Technician~
~Adamant 244 HP/252 Atk/12 Spe~
  • Swords Dance
  • Super Power
  • Bug Bite
  • Bullet PAWNCH!

Once again, standard and basic really. But it works out well so no complaints I suppose. 252 Attack EVs + Adamant + Technician + Bullet Punch + STAB= epiK WIN!

12 Spe for outspeeding other Scizor and allowing himself to do 54.1% - 64% on 252 HP/0 Def Scizor without a boost. With +2 (one Swords Dance boost) he can get 81.4% - 95.9% damage on a Scizor with 252 HP/0 Def. 12 Spe is to outspeed them before they kill you.

Spr_4h_237.png

Hitmontop@Leftovers
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

~Technician~
~Adamant 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe~
  • Rapid Spin
  • Aerial Ace
  • Mach Punch
  • Sucker Punch
This is Eon's 'Top that I'm going to use for the first time. His description:

The Spinner. TechniTop with a twist, as it were.
Sucker Punch is designed for Mismagius, Alakazam, and generally all frail Psychic and Ghost types that would throw a wrench into my works.

Mach Punch is powerful with this guy, dealing upwards of 60% damage on some bulkier foes.
Rapid Spin hasn't seen much use, if only because Solace's Taunt blocks lead from using it, but it's still necessary as a precaution.
Finally, Aerial Ace was originally Bulk Up, but I found that SubPlot Mismagius and Spiritomb gave this guy headaches.
I picked it because it's a physical move with good coverage that can deal enough damage to break a Sub from 252/252 Bold Spiritomb.
In using him, I've found that he's able to counter/deal with 90% of the threats that this team faces, as well as pissing people off as much or more than Solace does.

Spr_4p_380.png

Latias@Leftovers
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

~Levitate~
~Timid 252 HP/80 SpA/176 Spe~
  • Calm Mind
  • Dragon Pulse
  • Surf
  • HP {Fire}

Ah, CM Latias. She's fairly bulky which is what I need and also something to take some hits on the special side. Base 130 SpD + CM helps me a great deal in this aspect. 252 HP is for the bulk, 176 is for outrunning 100s. 80 SpA is for some hitting power.

HP {Fire} is for Scizor primarily which will otherwise rape me most likely. Surf and Dragon Pulse is for some nice coverage. Also, DracoFire is also pretty awesome n_n

Metagross@Leftovers
Adamant 232 Atk/252 HP/20 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Explosion

Salamence@Life Orb
Naive 16 Atk/240 SpA/252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Gengar@Choice Scarf
Timid 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-HP {Ice}
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

Scizor@Leftovers
Adamant 244 HP/252 Atk/12 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Super Power
-Bullet PAWNCH
-Bug Bite

Hitmontop@Leftovers
Adamant 252 Atk/252 HP/4 Spe
-Aerial Ace
-Mach Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Rapid Spin

Latias@Leftovers
Timid 252 HP/80 SpA/176 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-HP {Fire}
-Surf

Okay, here's my damn team xD This is for OU, obviously, and I spent a shitload of work on this. Be as harsh, critical, and tell me anything I can do to improve this team. I want this to me incredible :)

Also, GS and TBR deserve nothing as they were just fapping over BW a LOT of credit as we basically made this team together. I truly thank you two.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Don't put Bug Bite on Scizor just because it gets a Tech boost. Use X-Scissor instead, it overpowers it. Besides, there are very few pokemon running berries you can eat anyway.

Dragon Claw > Outrage on Mence, he'll be stuck in while they switch in a counter.

Final

I Submit to No One
Don't put Bug Bite on Scizor just because it gets a Tech boost. Use X-Scissor instead, it overpowers it. Besides, there are very few pokemon running berries you can eat anyway.

Dragon Claw > Outrage on Mence, he'll be stuck in while they switch in a counter.

A Technician boosted Bug Bite is stronger than X-Scissor and is therefore better when using Technician. 135 power > 120 power after factoring in STAB and Technician. The fact it eats Berries is merely a bonus. Also, Outrage is better on this particular MixMence since it 2HKOes the standard Blissey with ease as well as Bold Natured max HP and max Defense variants and provides a powerful hit against Cresselia although Mence shouldn't be taking her on anyway.

For Gengar to fulfil his revenge killing duties better HP Ice is better than Energy Ball since it swiftly OHKOs Mence before Mence can hit Gengar with anything although Mence takes a heavy hit from Shadow Ball anyway.

Metagross may also want Bullet Punch somewhere (over Earthquake or Meteor Mash but probably Meteor Mash so Heatran doesn't rape Gross from behind) to break Sashes. It still easily 2HKOs Aerodactyl leads like Meteor Mash would (due to Focus Sash stopping the OHKO) and it stops them from setting up Stealth Rock if they decide to Taunt first turn.

Last edited:

Bossk

Like a champ.
^Agreed

For Gengar to fulfil his revenge killing duties better HP Ice is better than Energy Ball since it swiftly OHKOs Mence before Mence can hit Gengar with anything although Mence takes a heavy hit from Shadow Ball anyway.
I suppose you're right. I'll consider it.

Metagross may also want Bullet Punch somewhere (over Earthquake or Meteor Mash but probably Meteor Mash so Heatran doesn't rape Gross from behind) to break Sashes. It still easily 2HKOs Aerodactyl leads like Meteor Mash would (due to Focus Sash stopping the OHKO) and it stops them from setting up Stealth Rock if they decide to Taunt first turn.
Oh, okay, then. That makes sense. Thanks :)

[GS]

Staring at my phone
That Latias spread outruns base 100's BTW. I can't rate
since I helped make the team, so this is just PC+1. ^^

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Bossk said:
Metagross@Leftovers
Adamant 236 Atk/252 HP/16 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Explosion

Looks good, except you should re-allocate four of those speed EV's to Attack, to hit the original BP and Explosion targets for OHKO's.

Salamence@Life Orb
Naive 16 Atk/240 SpA/252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

New MixMence, eh? I never was much of a fan of him, but you can use him properly, or so our battle would indicate.

Gengar@Choice Scarf
Timid 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-HP {Ice}
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

Identical to mine. Nice.

Scizor@Leftovers
Adamant 244 HP/252 Atk/12 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Super Power
-Bullet PAWNCH
-Bug Bite

I'm not sure how much I like this spread. SD Scizor should usually be EV'd to outspeed Adamant Ttar, but if you're not concerned about BabiriTar, it's fine.

Hitmontop@Leftovers
Adamant 252 Atk/252 HP/4 Spe
-Aerial Ace
-Mach Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Rapid Spin

Much as I love this guy, he's designed for UU, not OU. If you want an OU Top, go with the standard Smogon Rapid Spinner set.

Latias@Leftovers
Timid 128Hp/128Sp.Atk/252Spe
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-HP {Fire}/Recover
-Surf/Recover

Latias should never run Max Hp in OU, really. It doesn't need it, but what it does need is Recover. This is the Defensive CM set. Run Recover over either HP Fire or Surf, depending if you want to hit Empoleon or Heatran. Your team isn't really weak to either, so it's not a big deal what you choose.

Overall, you're good, albeit weak to ScarfMie. Changes/comments in bold.

Final

I Submit to No One
^ The spread you'd want is 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe which puts Scizor faster than Adamant Tyranitar. Jolly ones require a Jolly Nature to outspeed though and in my opinion, it isn't really worth it with Scizor.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
I know im not the best at rating but I really wouldnt use outrage or draco meteor. Just because of the stupid added effects.

Bossk

Like a champ.
I know im not the best at rating but I really wouldnt use outrage or draco meteor. Just because of the stupid added effects.

The thing is, you really need the extra power from Outrage to 2HKO Blissey which is really important. Draco Meteor is used when you really need it, and plus, in competitive play you usually switch allot, negating the affects of confusion and the -2 SpA.

AlCario

Banned
Good team.

Recover > Surf on bulky 'Tias. Dragon + Fire gives excellent coverage against all but Heatran, who isn't much of a problem for this team.

Meteor Mash is preferable over Explosion on Gross since he with often have a good chance to sweep after he sets up. It also means you can revenge stuff with Bullet Punch late game but you already have three revenge killers on this team so yeah.