• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My New Team

Here we go.
cool.gif

10-metagross.jpg

Metagross @Occa berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Adamant Nature: (+Atk -SpA)

Metor Mash
Stealth Rock
Bullet Punch
Explsion

Very standard lead at the moment...I had a lot more success with it a few months ago when Azelf was the big dog but now people have caught onto it and his impact has been limited a bit. I think the main advantage this had was that many people expected Stealth Rock or Trick and seldom expected to be smacked by 405 Atk in the first turn.

Meteor Mash + Bullet Punch gets Azelf and Aero out of the way early, whilst EQ + BP in conjunction with Occa Berry puts LeadApe on his arse. Other common leads like Tyranitar, Gengar and Jirachi all lose out. The only common lead I ever really switch out of is Bronzong. The Fire-resist berry also occassionally allows me to catch out a Scarftran. After taking out the opponent's lead, I'll look to use Explosion on anything worthwhile. A true suicide lead.

14-zapdos.jpg

Zapdos @Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/220 SDef/36 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
-Discharge
-Heat Wave
-Roar
-Roost

One of my answers to Latias, Yanmega and Heatran. Zapdos, usually unseen on the Specially Defensive side, takes a number of hits from the common, yet powerful Special Attackers in the game while still keeping Scizor and Lucario at bay. Discharge spreads around the Paralysis while Heat Have is hitting Steel, Bug and Grass types. Roar can keep Latias and Jirachi from stocking up too many Calm Minds and can scout my opponent's team for potential threats and/or setup for Lucario. As an alternitive to Roar, I could use Hidden Power Grass to clean Swampert up... any suggestions?

7-rotom.jpg

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 112 Def/ 144 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Ball
Discharge
Overheat

Here my answer to Gyarados, Lucario and Scizor, This pokemon can so many Physical hits with it's immunities to Ground, Fighting and Normal attacks. It's job is to spread Status around with WoW and Discharge. Shadow ball for STAB and Overheat for steels.

110-vaporeon-ex.jpg

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

Wish
Surf
Hidden Power [Electric]
Protect

This is probably one of the most reliable pokemon in the game. I absolutely love the job she does, and how she does it so well. Wish is a great game, allowing for Vappy to heal herself, and teamates. Protect is there to get off a "free" wish, as well as scout Choiced users, making it easier for me since I don't have to predict as much. HP Elec is for Gyarados. Surf is just there for Heatran, and STAB in general. This is my back up check into Heatran, but I don't like showing this in to early, cause one false move and she might take an explosion, which hurts me on the defensive side.

dp12-lucario-lv-x.jpg

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Ice Punch

Lucario is my Late game sweeper after one SD it can wrack teams, I've gone with a jolly nature to outspeeds standard Gliscor and neutral nature Mence. Close combat is a power house move after one SD, Ice Punch takes out Gliscor and dragons. You can't have an SD cario without Extremespeed xD.

98-salamence-ex-d.jpg

Salamence @ Life Ord
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 90 Atk / 240 SpA / 180 Spe
Naive Nature: (+Spe -SpD)

Draco Meteor
Outrage
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Salamence is the real star of the show. There is only one pokemon that can repeatedly switch in and that is Cresselia. Salamence hardly ever fails to get me a KO, and usually ends up getting 2 or 3. This is, in my opinion the best wall breaker in the game and an invaluable asset. Draco Meteor + Outrage will destroy nearly all walls, while Fire Blast and Earthquake provide coverage on things that resist its STAB.

Cheers for reading any suggestions?

Credit too Pokebeach for the pics

Changes in blue

Last edited:

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
- Give Rotom enough speed to outspeed Jolly or Adamant Tyranitar so it isn't rendered completely useless in case of a mis-prediction etc. 144 EVs with Bold puts you ahead of Jolly, 56 EVs puts you ahead of Adamant.

Also kudos to you for not using a frail suicide lead, and for building Vaporeon and Lucario the right way. Though wasting EVs on Mence for tieing with other Mence that are seldom ever even used seems like a giant waste to me, just give it 180 to outpace positive Base 90's and anything else aiming for that speed point and put the extra 76 EVs into much needed Attack to do more damage with Outrage.

Last edited:
- Give Rotom enough speed to outspeed Jolly or Adamant Tyranitar so it isn't rendered completely useless in case of a mis-prediction etc. 144 EVs with Bold puts you ahead of Jolly, 56 EVs puts you ahead of Adamant.

Also kudos to you for not using a frail suicide lead, and for building Vaporeon and Lucario the right way. Though wasting EVs on Mence for tieing with other Mence that are seldom ever even used seems like a giant waste to me, just give it 180 to outpace positive Base 90's and anything else aiming for that speed point and put the extra 76 EVs into much needed Attack to do more damage with Outrage.

Cheers for the EVs on rotom I really didn't know what too do with them xD, I see your point with the Mence *making changes now*