• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My newest drawing.

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
Well it started with one picture and I just decided to make it my Art Thread! Thank you for any suggestions or comments you have.

First Draft (Line art I do this with every picture)

My Trainer (colored)

Sage (Ronin Warriors)

Ike (Fire Emblem)

Kirby (which I drew for the mod, Kirby)

Clone Commando

Last edited:

Cacaruka

WHADDUP
Mmm, very nice.
The shirt should be a bit more curved though, if it's a loose, baggy shirt. It should sort of 'cling' to the body.
The eyes look a little wonky, and on the Espeon the front legs don't really look big enough to support the body. I know that in the official style, Espeon don't have 'paws', but if the front legs were a bit bigger and thicker it would be a bit more logical.
Then again, that's my opinion. U_U
Overall, a very good picture.

Cacaruka

WHADDUP
'Great artist'? XDDD
Ah, I'm not that good. Heh. Thanks for the compliment, though.
Keep drawing, you have a good style and you've got a pretty good grasp of the basics.
Take a look at real life clothing and how it settles on the body, where it pinches and where it's looser. It'll help you when you draw clothes(which is probably going to be a lot), and remember-Pokemon are usually based on real animals. The closest thing to an Espeon's frame would probably be a cat, so look at how a cat's body structure is formed to get an idea of how Espeon would move and sit. U_U

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Aha, you have the potential to become a great artist!
something i noticed:
*Work a little bit on the lineart, because it's kinda sloppy and should be more straight where needed (hint on the shoes).
*I'd also place the head a bit more forward, it looks like the guy's jaw is nonexistent.
*The front part of the shirt should be redone, unless you wanna keep him looking chubby.
*Extend the backlines of Espeon's legs, then they'll look okay. Atm it has the body of a kangaroo and the head of a cat :p

Your cell shading skills are very good! I wont whine here, only thing that bugs is the highlight on the shirt that should be mirrored, so it'll look right.

One question though, did you paint this using a mouse or a tablet?

And keep up drawing, because you can^^

EDIT: oh, some of my points overlap with the post above... oops ;p

Last edited:

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
coOl!!!!:D

Last edited:

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
Aha, you have the potential to become a great artist!
something i noticed:
*Work a little bit on the lineart, because it's kinda sloppy and should be more straight where needed (hint on the shoes).
*I'd also place the head a bit more forward, it looks like the guy's jaw is nonexistent.
*The front part of the shirt should be redone, unless you wanna keep him looking chubby.
*Extend the backlines of Espeon's legs, then they'll look okay. Atm it has the body of a kangaroo and the head of a cat :p

Your cell shading skills are very good! I wont whine here, only thing that bugs is the highlight on the shirt that should be mirrored, so it'll look right.

One question though, did you paint this using a mouse or a tablet?

And keep up drawing, because you can^^

EDIT: oh, some of my points overlap with the post above... oops ;p

I use a mouse so its kinda hard to get the lines straight.

I fixed it some.
-I still need help putting rinkles on the t-shirt. I looked at a few pics and it helped a little,but I'm not happy with it now.
-Fixed Espeon's legs still skinny but they look better.
-Made my trainer loose 20 lbs. lol
- Also i don't really know what you mean about the jaw, which one?

Escheria

Ray Tracer
I use a mouse so its kinda hard to get the lines straight.
I know the pain >.< I got a tablet on my 18th birthday, so I am a happy drawer now :D. Photoshop helps those who can't do straight lines.

I fixed it some.
-I still need help putting rinkles on the t-shirt. I looked at a few pics and it helped a little,but I'm not happy with it now.
Hmm, much better now, though I think you should read a couple of tutorials on wrinkles. I ain't perfect in this department aswell.
-Fixed Espeon's legs still skinny but they look better.
Err... It's not a significant fix... imagine this > )| as your Espeon's paw. The ) line you had before was actually perfect. the | line is the one that needed fixing. Draw it a bit longer from the upper point till about .. 1 cm lower than the highlight and please, try to revert the old paw curve. Then the paws will look perfect^^
-Made my trainer loose 20 lbs. lol
And got some muscles.Great!
- Also i don't really know what you mean about the jaw, which one?
The trainer's jaw. Head should be a tiny bit more forward. Just move the head a tad more forward. 1 cm move will be sufficient. Also, mind that with moving i mean STRICTLY horizontally, not from the trainer's perspective or so.

10char >.<

EDIT:
http://ladyzoragirl.deviantart.com/art/Cloth-Tutorial-2-46862940
http://crysa.deviantart.com/art/Drawing-Clothes-And-Folds-21994317

Deviantart is a good place to learn^^

Last edited:

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
Ok I would say the legs look pretty good now.Worked on the jaw not sure if its good though. Thanks for all the comments!

EDIT: Added a new Pic!

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Pretty good for paper, but even though you fixed them a little, the Espeon's legs still look positively anorexic.
Anorexic is not the right word. The legs are still short, but the overall shape is perfect.

And stardust, the sage picture is awesome! *drool* More portraits, please!!!

Practicing by drawing other artist's pictures and then your own skills improve aswell.. Good idea to draw that sage, colouring is looking really good ^^

(but the jaw shadow on the face should be a little bit smaller, if not unexistant*uhoh*)

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
Thank you Tyr, you have been a big help.

EDIT*: Well I have finished Ike, and I think it's my best. I couldn't get the eyes the way I wanted them and I think the head postition is kinda off. Anyway I did change his outfit quite a bit so he isn't wearing the same thing as in Smash Brothers Brawl.

CYPHER101

Nice. Ike is friggin awesome. You draw very well, so keep it up.

maxx unlimited

<-Gender Undisclosed
Wow!
These are pretty good!

Dattebayo

Banned
Your Ike fanart looks great, but you colored his headband wrong.

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
Thanks for the comments. Oh and yeah Ike I changed his outfit some. His cape and sholder gaurd are also different colors.

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
I didn't really notice but the nose was too long. Anyway I fixed it and the mouth. The eyes are on the small side but I tried to make them bigger. Though they just ended up looking worse so I didn't change them.