• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Ongoing SoulSilver Team

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
well, i just restarted my SS not long ago, and i just beat clair and got to victory road, now i want some opinions for these pokemon. i did not breed any of these, i got them all from the wild, game corner or elms lab. as i just started, my pokemon wont have much items, but anyways NOTE: since this is just a team to get through, all the ev's are mixed:

Feraligatr @muscle band
adament
lv 52
-shadow claw
-crunch
-waterfall
-avalanche
HP 160
ATK 151
DEF 123
SP ATK 103
SP DEF 104
SPE 111

i normally chose totodile because i would need a surfer, but his sp. atk is weak, so i got a different one. shadow claw is for those poliwrath users :p and most other water types. crunch is for pesky ghosts and psychics, while avalanche is pretty much a more powerful ice fang, so its for dragons mostly, as it swept clair's dragonairs at lv 32. waterfall is just to hit hard with a STAB and flinch chance. also, it was my key to defeat lance. it beat all of his pokemon but gyrados. the muscle band is to power up its attacks.

Ampharos @choice specs
quiet
lv 52
-thunder punch
-signal beam
-thunder
-thunder wave
HP 163
ATK 101
DEF 98
SP ATK 163
SP DEF 107
SPE 68

when i first got mareep, i knew quiet was better then modest or timid.my ampharos is more of a mixed sweeper, despite its bad attack. with thunder though, it pwnd clair's gyrados, and did half damage to lugia. im thinking of replacing cotton spore with a water type move for ground types though. lastly, because of its low speed, thunderwave can come in alot of handy, which helped me beat clairs kingdra alot easier. choice specs makes thunder a killer to even grass types.

Dragonite @life orb
hardy
lv 57
-aqua tail
-thunderwave
-fire blast
-dragon rush
HP 195
ATK 185
DEF 140
SP ATK 134
SP DEF 132
SPE 115

The most powerful member on my team since it evolved. i got this lucky nature with this dragonite. with dragon rush, he is the main sweeper on my team, helping take out kingdra, poliwrath and dewgong and others.. he has a variety of attacks, including dragon dance for powerful attacks even vs aggron and other rock and steel types. because he isnt the fastest, like my sheep, i like giving it a dragon dance boost. fire blast hits steel and grass well, while fly beats grass and fighting. i gave dragonair dragon rush because of the proteins i gave it, it now has mammoth attack. though, dragonrush does have consquences. life orb makes it a killer worse then ampharos. he's only fainted 4 times aa a dragonite. thrice against clair and lances dragonites in a double battle, and once against a countering forretress in battle hall when i didnt have fire blast on him.

Magmortar @charcoal
bold
lv 55
-rock climb
-fire punch
-fire blast
-smoke screen
HP 163
ATK 108
DEF 99
SP ATK 160
SP DEF 117
SPE 111

magmortar's nature is ok, but even with it lowering attack, it still does major damage with fire punch. fire blast, of course, is my sweeping move, while smokescreen help stall. he and dragonair stalled poliwrath so much that he only got 3 attacks on crocanaw. it took a while to evolve him, where he is now one of my 2 special sweepers. rock climb is to damage and confuse, as well as to help get to red. charcoal powers up fire pawnch and fire blast a good amount.

Slowbro @lefties
hasty
lv 51
-psychic
-shadow ball
-surf
-slack off
HP 141
ATK 71
DEF 90
SP ATK 94
SP DEF 82
SPE 42

slowbro, as a slowpoke, was the weakest member on my team. but i just got slowbro today :D and he is good, his nature isnt really good, and lowers defense, but thats where curse used to come in. now i have slack off to heal it. shadow ball is for those other psychic types. surf is its most powerful move, it helps defeat houndoom easily since psychic cant even hit it. but, he is a wall on my team. so thats why i have him. you can guess why i have lefties.

Pinsir
naive
lv 52
-x-scizzor
-vital throw
-strength
-Swords dance
HP 151
ATK 132
DEF 132
SP ATK 81
SP DEF 74
SPE 126

though jolly would be better, naive is a good nature for pinsir. originally, i was looking for scyther though. vital throw is for those minimizing, double-teaming pokemon such as soloing the last E4's Umbreon. i replaced revenge with swords dance to boost its attack very high. it helped me take out erika's bellossom and victreebel. while fighting covers bugs weakness to steel, x-scizzor is there for psychic types and dark types. as a STAB, it is pinsir's most powerful move. and since he is speedy, people may be caught by surprize if i was slower with one of my fighting moves one turn, then outrun them with bug the next. strength is just there for some decent damage to poison types. most commonly zubat line. if he was draonite's level, he would have the 2nd highest atk. while he already has the highest defense and is the fastest. pinsir is the only pokemon im not sure to give an item to.

please tell me what i could improve on. t

Last edited:

cillab99

I think your team has real potential
But what about mine?
Charizard lvl 100
Blastburn
flareblitz
fly
dragon pulse

dragonite
outrage
surf
fly
hyperbeam

typhlosion lvl 80

flamethrower
return
lavaplume
eruption

typhlosion lvl 100
flamethrower
strength
return
eruption

vaporion (training up)
Surf
hydro pump
bite
aqua tail

Raichu 80
volt tackle
thunderbolt
iron tail
strenght

Are they good enough ;)

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
youer supposed to comment about my team, make yur own thread for yurs. also, i beat all kanto leaders, so ill have to edit my team largly.

donuts

Grass Master
OT how did you beat the Elite 4? No offense, but your pokemon were underpowered. The fact that you beat all the Johto gyms is amazing enough.

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
@ cillab99
-like stated, please read the rules.

as for you bobbyjoe, stats aren't needed.
your team looks good balance wise but there are some moveset changes that will help you out lots
it's fine if you can't get the natures i suggest.

Feraligator @ Muscle Band
Adamant
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Return

intensly awesome coverage.

Ampharos @ Leftovers / Wise Glases
Modest
-Thunder Wave
-Focus Blast
-Thunder Bolt
-Signal Beam

a special set is prefered on ampharos ..

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Hardy
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake / Aqua Tail
-Dragon Dance

try this mixed thing. your nature is fine

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf
Modest
-Flamethrower
-PSychic
-Focus Blast
-Thunder Bolt

done. a special set is prefered as magmortars special attack is very good.
scarfing it for fun but you can choose another nature if you choose to.,

Slowbro @ LEftovers
Modest
-Surf
-Psychic / Slack Off
-Flamethrower / Slack OFf
-Calm Mind

i prefer surf, slack off, CM, and FT
do what you want to.

2 things on pinsir:
one - jolly is better than timid
two - it says it has a naive nature ...

Pinsir @ Muscle Band
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-X Scissor
-Earthquake / Brick Break or smth
-Stone Edge / Rock Slide

use this. standard and good

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
OT how did you beat the Elite 4? No offense, but your pokemon were underpowered. The fact that you beat all the Johto gyms is amazing enough.

belive me, i bought like 50 revives for clair's kingdra abnd lance's aerodactel. otherwise, i just swept with avalanche. my guys are 45-56 and so far ive only lost to red. but thats when dragonite was a dragonair.

@ cillab99
-like stated, please read the rules.

as for you bobbyjoe, stats aren't needed.
your team looks good balance wise but there are some moveset changes that will help you out lots
it's fine if you can't get the natures i suggest.

Feraligator @ Muscle Band
Adamant
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Return

intensly awesome coverage.

Ampharos @ Leftovers / Wise Glases
Modest
-Thunder Wave
-Focus Blast
-Thunder Bolt
-Signal Beam

a special set is prefered on ampharos ..

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Hardy
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake / Aqua Tail
-Dragon Dance

try this mixed thing. your nature is fine

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf
Modest
-Flamethrower
-PSychic
-Focus Blast
-Thunder Bolt

done. a special set is prefered as magmortars special attack is very good.
scarfing it for fun but you can choose another nature if you choose to.,

Slowbro @ LEftovers
Modest
-Surf
-Psychic / Slack Off
-Flamethrower / Slack OFf
-Calm Mind

i prefer surf, slack off, CM, and FT
do what you want to.

2 things on pinsir:
one - jolly is better than timid
two - it says it has a naive nature ...

Pinsir @ Muscle Band
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-X Scissor
-Earthquake / Brick Break or smth
-Stone Edge / Rock Slide

use this. standard and good

thats good, but just a few things. i dont know where to get a life orb, and i got only 1 muscle band. i dont kow where to get earthquake besides the battle frontier, i need a trade partner for magmar (probably trading with my friend today), and i dont know where to get focus blast either. lastly, i think i already got rid of fire blast, so ipl need to buy another one :(

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
please comment on how i could improve my team. remember, im switching for any other pokemon or natures. i just want help on moves and such