• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My OR competitive Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vjallen75

I've done some competitive battles before. Just wanted to see what others thought of my team. I know it could use some work, so I'm open to ideas. Let me know what you think. I did not put items because I am not sure of what items I should use. Please give advice there! Thanks in advance.

Pokemon: Scrafy
Types: Dark/fight
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 178 Hp, 80 Atk, 252 Spd
Item:
Knock off
Drain Punch
Zen Headbutt
Dragon Dance

Pokemon: Greninja
Types: water/dark
Ability: protein
Nature: timid
EVs: 6 Hp, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd
Item:
Scald
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Grass Knot

Pokemon: Garchomp
Types: dragon/ground
Ability: rough Skin
Nature: jolly
EVs: 6 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Item:
Outrage
Earthquake
Iron Head
Stealth Rocks

Pokemon: aggron
Types: rock/steel
Ability: sturdy
Nature: impish
EVs: 252 Hp, 6 Atk, 252 Def
Item: leftovers
Rock Slide
Stealth Rocks
Heavy Slam
Thunder Wave

Pokemon: talonflame
Types: Fire/flying
Ability: gale wings
Nature: adamant
Item:
Brave Bird
Acrobatics
Roost
Honed Claws

Pokemon: charizard
Types: Fire/Dragon
Ability: tough claws
Nature: adamant
Item: charizard x
Fire Punch
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Unsure/open

LynxForte

The Phoenix
The first thing I notice is Greninja, if you're paying by Smogon rules, Greninja is banned, if you're not then ignore this.

The second thing I notice is Talonflame and Charizard and the lack of a rapid spinner. Once charizard mega evolves Stealth Rocks aren't a big issue for it, but Talonflame appreciates the support as it usually makes it difficult for it to do is job.

If you're using Acrobatics on Talonflame you obviously don't need an item, but you want Swords Dance over Hone Claws

Vjallen75

The first thing I notice is Greninja, if you're paying by Smogon rules, Greninja is banned, if you're not then ignore this.

The second thing I notice is Talonflame and Charizard and the lack of a rapid spinner. Once charizard mega evolves Stealth Rocks aren't a big issue for it, but Talonflame appreciates the support as it usually makes it difficult for it to do is job.

If you're using Acrobatics on Talonflame you obviously don't need an item, but you want Swords Dance over Hone Claws

Thanks for your response. I'm not doing smogen rules. I'll switch the honed claws with swords dance. I never thought of it that way. I will have to find a rapid spinner. The reason I love aggron is because of talonflame lol.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Another thing you should consider is removing one of your physical attackers as you have 5 of them. I would suggest Charizard Y for that role as it still puts holes in special walls

Vjallen75

Another thing you should consider is removing one of your physical attackers as you have 5 of them. I would suggest Charizard Y for that role as it still puts holes in special walls

I think charizard x is better. I would consider changing a few others out. Not sure of who yet. I do need another special attacker though.

Space Ghost

The Enigma in Space
  • Question, why Jolly on Scrafty? Speed investment is a waste, It has more a defensive than offensive presence. I'd switch to -at least- Adamant, that + moxie boost (saying you knock out a poke or two) and DD not much can stand in your way except fairies, of course. At least that's what works for me.

• Life Orb on 'Ninja.
    Hydro Pump > Scald, unless you're betting on that possible burn
    Extrasenory > Grass Knot, sometimes I run Taunt which your team could use to stop possible Twaves, WoW, and SRs

• No Flare Blitz on Xzard?
    Could use your last slot for Roost and make it a basic Smogon set. Other options are Earthquake, Protect, WoW

Just my thoughts anyway, hope I helped.

Vjallen75

• Question, why Jolly on Scrafty? Speed investment is a waste, It has more a defensive than offensive presence. I'd switch to -at least- Adamant, that + moxie boost (saying you knock out a poke or two) and DD not much can stand in your way except fairies, of course. At least that's what works for me.

• Life Orb on 'Ninja.
    Hydro Pump > Scald, unless you're betting on that possible burn
    Extrasenory > Grass Knot, sometimes I run Taunt which your team could use to stop possible Twaves, WoW, and SRs

• No Flare Blitz on Xzard?
    Could use your last slot for Roost and make it a basic Smogon set. Other options are Earthquake, Protect, WoW

Just my thoughts anyway, hope I helped.

I figured with scrafty I could set up a few dragon dances and be ok in the speed department. I like him because he can take hits and dish it out as well. I did change flare blitz in charizard. I just didn't like that it gets hurt. I will add roost I think that's my best bet.

Thanks for your advice.

Space Ghost

The Enigma in Space
How competitive are you talking? You battled recently, because you'd probably get off one, two at the max and fairies being prominent as they could force you an unwanted switch. Give it Leftovers for longevity, or A lum berry. Also worth noting, you lack all methods of checking, countering and or curing status moves, which could potentially be a problem as well.

Vjallen75

How competitive are you talking? You battled recently, because you'd probably get off one, two at the max and fairies being prominent as they could force you an unwanted switch. Give it Leftovers for longevity, or A lum berry. Also worth noting, you lack all methods of checking, countering and or curing status moves, which could potentially be a problem as well.

I get what you mean. Fairies could be a problem for scrafty. I considered changing him out for a special attacker. I just am not sure who I will switch him for. Please advise if you have advice
I've never been really competitive. I've played Pokemon since its origin and would like to start a competitive team. Just not sure of some things

Space Ghost

The Enigma in Space
You should switch Chomp for Gliscor especially if you're going to have two SR setters, Gliscor can fill some other roles as well which could cover your x3 electric weakness (before mega evolving)because I suggest Starmie as a replacement for Scrafty as well as a Rapid Spinner if you we're thinking of one.

Vjallen75

You should switch Chomp for Gliscor especially if you're going to have two SR setters, Gliscor can fill some other roles as well which could cover your x3 electric weakness (before mega evolving)because I suggest Starmie as a replacement for Scrafty as well as a Rapid Spinner if you we're thinking of one.

I thought about adding a rapid spinner and using star or but I feel like I could use defog scizor more than a starmie with low special attack. Granted I still need a second special attacker.

Only gave Garchomp SR because I wasn't sure what I wanted his last move to be.

Space Ghost

The Enigma in Space
I thought about adding a rapid spinner and using star or but I feel like I could use defog scizor more than a starmie with low special attack. Granted I still need a second special attacker.

Only gave Garchomp SR because I wasn't sure what I wanted his last move to be.

Starmie + Life Orb + Analytic (which I could give you if I actually get around to breeding) is a very bad day for teams. If they choose to switch you get the Analytic boost and, when played right, Starmie is good at forcing the switch.

SR works I'm just biased on Chomp, dislike em. Just shoot my way if you need anymore advice or ever want to test the team.

Vjallen75

Starmie + Life Orb + Analytic (which I could give you if I actually get around to breeding) is a very bad day for teams. If they choose to switch you get the Analytic boost and, when played right, Starmie is good at forcing the switch.

SR works I'm just biased on Chomp, dislike em. Just shoot my way if you need anymore advice or ever want to test the team.

Sounds good. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.