• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My ORAS OU team

Reisuke

Apparently i died
I've ran pretty many teams by now and i think this one is the best. But i'm pretty sure it can be better. I hope you can help me out. (I copypasted it from showdown teambuilder wich means there's no order at all)

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

I first used a physically defensive variant but after a few battles i noticed tht speed was way more important so that explains the EV spread and nature. For maintaining bulk i run reflect type wich either gets used as soon as starmie comes in. If not i use rapid spin/scald dependig on when hazards are up or not (but most of time starmie comes in on hazards). Recover is healing

Scolipede @ Mental Herb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

I love quickpass strategy. I start with protect for a speed boost and to scout a little or i use sub if i'm sure that he's going to switch or something when protect is useless. Sub is used if the opponent switches or uses a status move/move that doesn't deal much damage. If i can take a hit or when sub is up i use swords dance. And if sub is up i baton pass to talonflame if not then mega lopunny. I'm thinking of switching sub with iron defense because most of time sub fades after i've used it

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Return

Pretty straight forward. Together with talonflame she's my main sweeper. When she comes in i use fake out and then a stab move or ice punch if ice punch is supereffective to finish to opponent. If i can take a hit i use a stab move again if not then i switch most of time totalonflame since people try to wisp lopunny
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

My lead but most of time i start with talonflame or lopunny to stop the opponent's lead. In the case that the opponent uses a physical move (that isn't 4x effective) i switch him in to punish the opponent. Most of time i start with leech seed for recovery then stealth rock. And if i have the chance i also use spikes. Power whip is to hit bulky water types because i didn't really think that gyro ball was important.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

My cleric and my" setup stopper". Protect is for extra leftovers recovery and to receive wish for sure. Heal bell is to heal the team from status. Wish is for wish passing and recovery.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

My other main sweeper. I prefer to use adamant for maximum power. EV's are for being as fast as possible and hit as hard as possible. Steel wing is fairy coverage although i didn't need to use it yet. U-turn is pinch damage and maintaining momentum. Brave bird is stab priority and flare blitz is stab.

Thanks for reading!

EKZ1505

Hm very interesting team! The Speed Boost-SD-BP combo isn't something I'm a fan of, but only because it's wayyyy too good lol

Not too much to say here, as most stuff (like you already discussed with Ferrothorn) that's debatable is just a preference. One suggestion I do have is to put Sleep Talk over Steel Wing on Talonflame. You won't have anything to hit fairies super-effectively, but half your team resists Fairy STAB anyway. While Sleep Talk is very situational, it still may be more useful than Steel Wing (I think it's useless unless you're worried about Diancie) and you can laugh at Smeargle or Spore users. Probably not something you'll use often still, but it could come in handy, especially if you've already lost Lopunny.

Edit: One additional thought...your team's two sweepers are already so fast (Lopunny with great speed, Talonflame with mainly spamming Brave Bird), that I feel the Speed Boosts are just unnecessary overkill. Perhaps not, as you're the one actually using the team, so maybe the Speed Boosts come in handy in rare situations you've encountered. I'm not very familiar with Baton Pass users (maybe someone else has a suggestion?), but maybe there's a Pokemon that could give you Swords Dance-Passes, but also support your team in another role or be an attacker itself.

Last edited:

ger9119

Not to sound mean but i would go back to the drawing board, this team seems very thrown together. Looks like you want quickpass but at the same team you're running stuff that fits on a balanced team

Reisuke

Apparently i died
Hm very interesting team! The Speed Boost-SD-BP combo isn't something I'm a fan of, but only because it's wayyyy too good lol

Not too much to say here, as most stuff (like you already discussed with Ferrothorn) that's debatable is just a preference. One suggestion I do have is to put Sleep Talk over Steel Wing on Talonflame. You won't have anything to hit fairies super-effectively, but half your team resists Fairy STAB anyway. While Sleep Talk is very situational, it still may be more useful than Steel Wing (I think it's useless unless you're worried about Diancie) and you can laugh at Smeargle or Spore users. Probably not something you'll use often still, but it could come in handy, especially if you've already lost Lopunny.

Edit: One additional thought...your team's two sweepers are already so fast (Lopunny with great speed, Talonflame with mainly spamming Brave Bird), that I feel the Speed Boosts are just unnecessary overkill. Perhaps not, as you're the one actually using the team, so maybe the Speed Boosts come in handy in rare situations you've encountered. I'm not very familiar with Baton Pass users (maybe someone else has a suggestion?), but maybe there's a Pokemon that could give you Swords Dance-Passes, but also support your team in another role or be an attacker itself.

Ok i'll do so and baton pass speed boost, it is usefull in rare situations like when to opponent has a pokemon as fast as lop or faster (rare but happens). I used to run celebi but she never even got to use BP so i swapped her out for scolipede

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
The team looks great and pretty balanced, but why don't you have any special wall? Ferrothorn is your physical wall and Clefable is kind of a physical wall too. The rest of the team is focusing a lot on Speed but there is no special wall among them. How do you counter special sweepers? :)

Reisuke

Apparently i died
The team looks great and pretty balanced, but why don't you have any special wall? Ferrothorn is your physical wall and Clefable is kind of a physical wall too. The rest of the team is focusing a lot on Speed but there is no special wall among them. How do you counter special sweepers? :)

Actually i have no idea but i stop them. Perhaps i could make talonflame the SpD set

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
Actually i have no idea but i stop them. Perhaps i could make talonflame the SpD set

I see xD Things can often be different in practice than on paper, so if you don't have any problems about them, I guess it's fine :D