• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My OU balanced team

Esorono

I've been playing Pokemon since RBY version when it first came out, but this is the first time I've ever tried to make a competitive build. I don't really have a theme, I just stitched together what worked into some type of Franken build. I don't have all the pokemon unfortunately, as some are difficult for me to get without a level 9 or under Zekrom/Reshiram (why do people flood the trading area with these suggestions anyways?), or Black/White 2. So this is just me theory building right now after watching a few dozen videos, looking up strategies, and reviewing everything from Arceus to Unown until my Black 2 comes in Wednesday and I'd like a bit of feedback before then.

;292; ;472; ;121; ;134; :639: ;233;

;292;
Shedinja:
Wonder Guard
Focus Sash
Lonely/Adamant/Naughty
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Shadow sneak
Will-o-whisp
X-Scissor
Baton Pass

My favorite pokemon, awesome design, amazing ability, and very annoying to most of the biggest threats found in the OU that this team would have problems with otherwise especially with Sub Support from Gliscor. He's also one of the best spin blockers as most of them don't have a way to get rid of Shedinja. My biggest disappointment however is that it does not learn pursuit which would make this little bug into a very dangerous pokemon, and the fact that shedinja needs a ton of support to get rolling. Baton pass is for passing substitute, as it will rarely break with Shedinja. The spin blocker role was going to be given to Chandalure, but with it's Shadow Tag not out yet and the fact that a hydro pump would stop it before it got off an attack, the job was given to Shedinja.

;472;
Gliscor:
Serene Grace
Toxic Orb
Impish
244 HP / 40 Def / 224 Speed

Substitute
Baton pass
Earthquake
Ice Fang

This is my Shedinja's best friend, it works a sub-passer, but also helps with some annoying pokemon I would otherwise have problems with, such as Terrakion and Thundarus-T. This was changed from Togekiss to give more electric resistance and a bulky offense/supporter.

;121;
Starmie:
Natural Cure
Rockey Helmet
Timid
252 Speed / 252 Sp.Att / 4 HP

Rapid spin
Psyshock
Thunder bolt
Recover

Typical offensive spin blocker, but with a twist. Instead of the usual leftovers or life orb, I gave it a rocky helmet. This is to take care of any shedinjas that feel like swapping in to spin block Starmie. Almost all pokemon that swap into starmie are going to be ghost types the most likely of the ghost type is Jellicent, so I made my Starmie's moveset and ability reflect that. I'd get more coverage with boltbeams, but Porygon2 already covers that well enough and the most likely pokemon that swaps in will be a jellicent so I prefer psyshock over icebeam.

;134;
Vaporeon:
Water absorb
Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def

Wish
Rainy day
Heal bell
Protect

Utter taunt target, but a very important supporter in the team. This job was almost given to an Espeon, but I didn't feel it had the hp or bulk to pull off this role very effectively even with magic bounce, so it was given to Vaporeon. This team isn't rain based, so rain dance is only in case I'm fighting a sand storm/hail team that would otherwise kill my Shedinja.

:639:
Terrakion:
Justified
Life Orb
Jolly
252 Att. / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Swords dance
Stealth rock
Close Combat
Stone Edge

Hello hardest thing ever to swap into. This thing hurts like getting hit by a freight train and almost nothing resists both STABs, give it sub support from Togekiss and it's going to go to town. It also knows the obligatory Stealth rock since it is the best pokemon on my team to set it up and all my other pokemon have four move syndrome. It is a wall breaker, and no need to worry if it gets a condition because Vaporeon will heal him right back up so he can start wrecking things again. Terrakion is my lead pokemon.

;233;
Porygon2:
Trace
Evolite
Modest
252 HP / 132 Sp.Att / 120 Def

Psychic
Recover
Thunderbolt
Ice beam

Porygon 2 is my second favorite pokemon, It's bulkier than shuckle and has offensive ability. Sometimes I just sit around and wonder why Porygon 2 isn't one of more stapled team pokemon. Also it has the real useful ability of copying abilities such as marvel scale or water absorb to make itself even harder to take down. It's still not going to be sweeping things, but with it's defense, recovery, and decent offense, it's going to be a very hard pokemon to deal with.

Last edited:

Fairy Jon

Prankster Sableye would be quite a problem for some of your pokemon. Wilowisp would take care of Terrakion, and it could taunt Vaporeon and also inflict it with a burn and confusion. Three of your pokemon share a common weakness of electric, and only one of them is well equipped to deal with that kind of threat.

Esorono

Prankster Sableye would be quite a problem for some of your pokemon. Wilowisp would take care of Terrakion, and it could taunt Vaporeon and also inflict it with a burn and confusion. Three of your pokemon share a common weakness of electric, and only one of them is well equipped to deal with that kind of threat.

I could change Togekiss to Gliscor getting some more electric resistance and still having a good sub passer as well as a taunt bait for Sableye. As a bonus it would counter the Terrakion problem I would have.

Fairy Jon

I think your Porygon could actually do away with the Sableye problem. I've learned that pokemon with great sp attack are normally the bane of Sableye's existence. The Gliscor would be a better choice. I don't know if you want to use Vaporeon with wish support without hydration if you intend to use rain dance. Overall though, I like your team. I would switch chargebeam for thunderbolt though. The possibility of a boost to sp atk isn't as great as a possible 1 or two hit ko.

Cloystoys

This is not my tea!
I'm not sure if you should have two water types. I suggest you change the Starmie to a Forretress, as some of your other pokemon could easily deal with any fire types coming in.