• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My OU Team Is Back!

Skarm™

Light It Up
So, I was sick and tired of my loss streak, because I'm not that good of a battler and I want to get better, much better, so I created a new team that has been working out OK. I wanted to see your thoughts.

Here's my current ranking:

±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 8428/106739 [1104 points]!

639.gif

Terrakion (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Breloom used to occupy this spot, but things got complicated. It simply isn't fast enough to do it's thing. So I tried a ShellPass Smeargle, but it's also a hit or miss, especially with those Rocks and other entry hazards and priority moves. And I don't have the room for a spinner, so I decided to use Terrakion. It's a dedicated Pokemon, is super-annoying for the opponent, and works for me. It covers my fighting type move abscence, and it just does a great job sweeping and doing it's thing. It also has a chance to get a Sub in and set up with Swords Dance so it can do an even greater job of sweeping, especially those annoying Skarmories. After one Swords Dance, Close Combat OHKO's them.

479-wash.gif

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ah yes, the infamous Rotom-W. It's no mystery why, its awesome. Bulky Set, with Volt Switch for a VoltTurn combo. Um, there's not much to say about Rotom-W. It makes a great VoltTurn combo I guess. It can handle a wide variety of threats, and not many teams carry a grass attacking move, so it's usually safe where it is. Also, the 32 SpAtk EV's are for that Volt Switch or Hydro Pump that you know couldn't have killed the opponent's Pokemon with out 'em.

645.gif

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Landorus is here for one reason and one reason only. Ok, maybe two. One is to try and sweep as devastatingly as possible, and two is to continue my VoltTurn combo with Rotom-W and Jirachi. Pretty simple if you think about it.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Yes, Jirachi looks weird, and I'm wondering why I even put these moves, lol. The punches are for those annoying Dragons like Latios and Dragonite that have Fire moves that can threaten Jirachi. So I jsut outspeed them with my Scarf and hit them with an Ice Punch. It completes my VoltTurn combo and actually became the star of my team, mainly because it gets so much coverage.

485.gif

Heatran (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Heatran is here to take Outrages that the rest of the team can't take, and to try and to do other stuff. It can set up SR, and take fire attacks and tank Outrages, plus stall with Toxic/Protect. What more could you need?

380.gif

Latias (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse

Latias is amazing. Pure awesomeness. It can set up with Calm Mind and Substitute, then proceed to sweep like a boss! Even thougb it has inferior SpAtk compared to it's brother, it can tank hits way better!

Well there's my team! Please rate and discuss, any criticism will be taken, as I really wish to prefect this team.Here's an exportable version if you wish to test it out:

HTML:
Terrakion @ Salac Berry

Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Heatran (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute

Also mods, please don't close this because there's an earlier version of this, it got inactive and my team isn't perfect yet, and I've been working on this team for over a two months (which is a long time for people my age).​

Skarm™

Light It Up
Look, rating teams does not mean simply saying something out of ten and giving a one-liner. It means giving some problems and fixing them in some way and stuff like that, suggesting new sets or stuff. 8/10 isn't perfect so there should be plenty of room for improvement.

EDIT: And for the record it is not just a generic VolTurn team. I actually made it a little Hyper-Offense with a Rotom-W and setter upper plus VoltTurn because the two just happened to find Pokemon that can use them on my team.

Last edited:

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Terrakion- I suggest Rock Gem for your item to put a giant dent in a Pokemon like Gliscor (one of the most famous counters of Terrakion) or other pokemon like that. It will make it even tougher to switch into

Heatran (M) @ Shed Shell...that shouldn't be a thing. With the set you have on him, go with leftovers

Overall it doesn't seem like that bad of a team. I would just suggest watching out for pokemon like Hippo that could, outside of rotom, take out a good chunk of that team.

When I'm not doing homework I'll come back and try to do something a little more in depth for you

Skarm™

Light It Up
Terrakion- I suggest Rock Gem for your item to put a giant dent in a Pokemon like Gliscor (one of the most famous counters of Terrakion) or other pokemon like that. It will make it even tougher to switch into

Heatran (M) @ Shed Shell...that shouldn't be a thing. With the set you have on him, go with leftovers

Overall it doesn't seem like that bad of a team. I would just suggest watching out for pokemon like Hippo that could, outside of rotom, take out a good chunk of that team.

When I'm not doing homework I'll come back and try to do something a little more in depth for you

Alright thanks for the rare Steve. I see what you mean with Heatran, but I prefer salac on Terrakion due to the fact that it gets that necessary speed boost but I will try rock gem. Um, I look forward to you doin a in depth rate, and also Latias has got Hippowdon with a few cms

Look, rating teams does not mean simply saying something out of ten and giving a one-liner. It means giving some problems and fixing them in some way and stuff like that, suggesting new sets or stuff. 8/10 isn't perfect so there should be plenty of room for improvement.

EDIT: And for the record it is not just a generic VolTurn team. I actually made it a little Hyper-Offense with a Rotom-W and setter upper plus VoltTurn because the two just happened to find Pokemon that can use them on my team.

Again, explain to me how that's different from many of the voltturn teams running around getting easy wins?

Usatoday

Eternal God
Again, explain to me how that's different from many of the voltturn teams running around getting easy wins?
Explain to me how your not being a dick but anyways nice team you have here Skarmory although i would drop the heatran for a deoxys defense suicide lead with spikes and rocks also i know you like the bulk on rotom but it really needs the special attack may i also suggest if you decide to you deoxys defense a spin blocker? Gengar over latias perhaps but great team i hope it gives you good luck with you future endeavors. 10/10 ;P

Skarm™

Light It Up
Look, I don't want to argue, but a VolTurn team has more than two of those Uturn or Volt Switch users

Zachmac

Yay, another substitute Latios user. I thought that besides me, those didn't exist!

The synergy looks pretty even, and you've got something for each of the major offensive types. That seems pretty good to me. Though I can see you having a bit of a problem with Gastrodon. Everyone in your team would hate either scald or toxic, but you should be able to play around it if latias can get a sub up on it or if Heatran uses Toxic on it, so it's not that much of a problem.

I can also see a bit of a problem with Cloyster, but again, this is something to just watch out for, and not really to swap a pokemon for.
252Atk +2 Cloyster (Neutral) Rock Blast vs 224HP/0Def Leftovers Levitate Rotom (Neutral): 70% - 84% (210 - 250 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252Atk Life Orb +2 Cloyster (Neutral) Rock Blast vs 224HP/0Def Leftovers Levitate Rotom (Neutral): 90% - 109% (270 - 325 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 50% chance to OHKO.
0SpAtk +2 Cloyster (Neutral) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef Leftovers Jirachi (Neutral): 98% - 116% (337 - 397 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 91% chance to OHKO.
0SpAtk Life Orb +2 Cloyster (Neutral) Hydro Pump vs 4HP/0SpDef Leftovers Jirachi (Neutral): 85% - 100% (292 - 345 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 5% chance to OHKO.

If you come across one, just make sure you keep Jirachi or Rotom-W healthy, and try to keep it from setting up. If it becomes too much of a problem, then you might want to make another adjustment, but for an OU pokemon, Cloyster actually seems to be pretty rare.
I get the feeling you just glanced at the pokemon, slapped the word generic, and said it should be okay. And, if you really want an answer, there is no Scizor in it, for one.

The team is sort of generic, but that's not the important part. The important part is the team itself. How do the teammates support eachother, and what are the weaknesses?

Klaus™

Banned

shed shell is almost needed, to stop the new standard of sun teams, with the genesect+dugtrio combo. basically, genesect u-turns out into dugtrio, and koes either terrakion or heatran, depending on the counter used. so, i believe shed shell should be used.

@affinity: it really isnt rating a team to say a number 1-10, state its generic, and leave. in fact, its probably bordering on a cosmic potato post.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Well thanks for all the rates and I think a mod should explain to affinity what rating a team is or just warn him and refer him to the rules lol.

Thanks for the rates guys, I mean this is the first time a noob like me got a 10/10 from Usatoday ;)

Zach, Cloyster is my one major major flaw. The only reason I got past it once was because Hydro pump misses lol

So I'll test all this stuff later or tomorrow so thanks everyone!

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
shed shell is almost needed, to stop the new standard of sun teams, with the genesect+dugtrio combo. basically, genesect u-turns out into dugtrio, and koes either terrakion or heatran, depending on the counter used. so, i believe shed shell should be used. .

Shed Shell is an excellent item if your opponent has a trapper, but if it doesn't, it's pretty much dead weight, unfortunately. It's more of a paranoia type item than one that is ABSOLUTELY needed

Skarm™

Light It Up
Alright I've come to the conclusion that I will use the leftovers against I go against some weather domination team that has gene+trio combo, I think that's where they are...

rock gem on terrak

Landorus@life orb
sheer force
timid
hidden power ice (ivs 31/30/30/31/31/31)
earth power
sub
focus miss/psychic

much more effective set imo

leftovers on heatran a magnezone wont live long enough vs him to stay in and trap

Skarm™

Light It Up
Hmm yes leftovers on Heatran I just forgot to update the OP. I'll try that landorus set tomorrow when I wake up, and thanks EK!