• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My OU team

Steel Mono 3:3

This is my first RMT. I've been too lazy to post one until now...

So I started out like this. I use this fist guy a lot with other teams I had made, and I decided, why not build a team sort of around him?
479-w.gif

I needed something to resist the Grass weakness Rotom-W has. So I picked Heatran. Rotom-W resits Water and is immune to Ground, both of which Heatran doesn't like.
479-w.gif
485.gif

Hmmm, I thought, I could use a Dragon type. It would give me another reistance to Water. I also wanted something for Heatran's Fighting weakness.
479-w.gif
485.gif
381.gif

Latios wanted something to resist Bug, Dark, and Ghost. I went, "I got the perfect Poke, Scizor!"
479-w.gif
485.gif
381.gif
212.gif

I wanted a new member, but couldn't think of anything :/ I came up with this guy, he hits HARD
479-w.gif
485.gif
381.gif
212.gif
639.gif

Terrakion hits hard, plus he does help my team with resitance, but it's nothing the rest of my team can't handle.

479-w.gif
485.gif
381.gif
212.gif
639.gif
579.gif

I wanted another poke to cover Terrakion, I picked this guy.
479-w.gif
485.gif
381.gif
212.gif
639.gif
227.gif

I got a suggetion from a friend, I decided to drop Reuniclus, it wasn't doing too much for me, plus Latios is a psychic type, a special sweeper, AND gets better coverage.

479water.png

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk/ 4 Sp. Def/ 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power(Fire)
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

I've grown to love this thing <3 Trick is for crippling sweepers and clerics. Hydro Pump is STAB, and so is Thunderbolt. I use Thunderbolt since I don't have to switch out everytimes I use it. As for Hidden Power, I go with Fire over Ice beacuse of Ferrothorns and Scizors. Rotom tricks them, then hits them with Hidden Power, 2HKOs them every time, unless they Power Whip him. Modest Nature give him pretty nice Sp Atk. I use the Choice Scarf since Rotom is Modest, he outspeeds quite a bit of pokes with it.

heatran_fire.jpg

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp. Def./ 4 Defense
Nature: Calm
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

I use it as my lead. Sets up Stealth Rock. Roar is used for racking up hazard damage on anything that doesn't threaten Heatran. Lava Plume is STAB, has 30% of burn which is helpful. Hidden Power Ice is for Dragons and Ground types, especially Dragonite. And potentially Landorus and Gliscor, if I have no other pokes around to switch in to.

Scizor_art_by_Pokemon_Diamond.png

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 Speed
Nature:
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Bullet Punch has priority, plus it hurts with STAB, Technician, and the Choice Band. U-turn is for damage, STAB, and to switch out into something useful. Superpower rips through Blissey, Chansey, Tyranitars, and Ferrothorns. Pursuit is for any psychic or ghost types that try to run from it. He tries to punch holes on in the enemie's team.

untitled.png

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Leviate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk./ 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power(Fire)

Dragon Pulse is solid STAB. Psychock is used to hit special walls, even Chansey and Blissey for quite a bot of damage. Surf gets coverage, espcially nice for Landorus, Hippowodon, Gliscor, etc. Hidden Power Fire for Scizors, Ferros, and Rachis. Outspeeds many pokes, even potential threats.

terra.png

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability:, Justified
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-scissor
- Earthquake

Stone Edge hits phazing Dragonites and Gyarados hard, which is always good and gets STAB. Close Combat hits Tyranitar, etc hard and gets STAB as well. X-scissor for slower psychic types, mainly Reuniclus. Quick Attack for hard hitting priotrity. Terrakion is pretty fast, almost rivaling my Latios in speed.

skarmory.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp. Def.
Nature: Impish
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes

This guy sets up hazard obviously. Pretty standard Skarmory set. Set up Spikes when possible, and Whirlwind to rack up damage on the opponen's team. Roost is for healing off damage. Brave Bird gets STAB, and doesn't leave it vunerable to Taunt.

Retired Members
579.gif

Without him, it's now a Steel Mono XD

I really want opinions, but thanks for checking it out.

Last edited:

DarumakkaImposter

I've never really liked Trick on Rotom-W. But that's just me, I personaly like to use HP [Fire] to deal with his only weakness; Grass. But, if you still want to cripple stuff, you could give it T-Wave (tocriplle Virzion and Lati@s) or,you can give it WoW (to cripple Jellicent and the like). :D

XD I just now noticed that it already has HP Fie. I'm stupid.

Where's Pain Split? It helps you get recovery and deals some damage at the same time. :D I've found that move VERY useful. :D

Last edited:

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
This looks like a great team. My only suggestions are to give Terrakion Scarf instead of Band (you need a good revenge killer, or things like ScarfTar will be a huge problem for this team. Scizor can't handle it alone.) and also to give Rotom-W Hidden Power [Ice] instead of [Fire], for coverage reasons.

Scarf Terrakion is probably a good idea, I've used it before. The Band one is more of a stall breaker for me.

I run HP Fire for Ferros and Scizor, it's a little unexpected. I got sick of not being able to hit those specific two pokes with my Rotom-W, he was usually my last Poke left, that's why I go with HP Fire.

DarumakkaImposter

This looks like a great team. My only suggestions are to give Terrakion Scarf instead of Band (you need a good revenge killer, or things like ScarfTar will be a huge problem for this team. Scizor can't handle it alone.) and also to give Rotom-W Hidden Power [Ice] instead of [Fire], for coverage reasons.

I've never given HP [Ice] any thought. That's a good idea! :D But HP [Fire] help get rid of Scizor and Ferro, it will help if Rotom is the last guy in the line up.

EDIT: Ninja'd

This team's pokemons are common, everything seems fine to me.
Just that you can have Toxic > HP ice on Heatran for stalling,
Draco Meteor > Dragon Pulse. Really, more power it's better.
EQ > Quick Atk can work too on Terrakion, Quick Attack isn't 100% sure too OHKO a low health pokemon. You can use Recover too, because of Life Orb damage.
Standard team is standard.

Last edited:
Yeah Toxic stalling would be better. I had it on Heatran origninally but went with Roar when I added Skarmory. Heatran is slow..so Toxic it is.

I like Dragon Pulse more :/ if this was a Choice Latios, definately Draco Meteor.

Quick Attack comes in handy once in awhile, but not enough, I'll try EQ.

Yeah this team is like all standard sets really....

Utopian

faults & feats
Scarf Terrakion is probably a good idea, I've used it before. The Band one is more of a stall breaker for me.

I run HP Fire for Ferros and Scizor, it's a little unexpected. I got sick of not being able to hit those specific two pokes with my Rotom-W, he was usually my last Poke left, that's why I go with HP Fire.

great revenge killer and out speeds most other scarf'd pokemon. and he beats thundbro 8)

Great team, One of the best Ive seen on Serebii, The only thing is that too many choice users, Now lots of things can set up against you, Maybe use bulky SD Scizor, And put DM over DP on Latios

Heres the set
name: Bulky Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Bullet Punch
move 3: Bug Bite / Superpower
move 4: Roost
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
nature: Adamant
ability: Technician
evs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD

I run Dragon Pulse since I use a LO instead of a Choice Scarf/Specs.

Yeah there is lots of choice pokes, but it works. I've tried that Scizor before, not this with this team but I do prefer the Banded Scizor, almost 600 Attack that hits pretty much everything hard.

Simon Black

Dark lord of dragons
His ou team

Not a bad team but my team kicks ***
:545:;464;;348;:534:;326;:628:;059;;099;;442;;474;;260;;026;;302;;452;;212;:553:;473;;106;:637:;398;;291;;483;:500:;381;;472;;461;:604:;105;:593::625:;336;;034;:614:;257;;407;:571::635:;275;;181;:560:;094;;354;:530:;384;;229;;142;:645:;350;;491;;248;;395;;416;;344;;448;:623::497:;437;;469;:612:;141;:644:;405;;160;;426;;308;:601:;003;;018;;362;;359;:528:;227;;342;;130;:589:;478;;169;:642::567:;306;;392;;445;;477;;367;:620:;149;:526:;197;;466;:609:;423;
Awesome

What does this have to with ANYTHING on my team? I know all of them can't be counters....

Lucky I don't report this seriously....

Any other suggetsions? I'm kinda looking towards replacing Scizor....

Last edited:

XxRockMySoxX

I use random sets :D
Replace Heatran with a choice scarf Politoed, it gives your Rotom a boost, and it gives scizor and skarm more protection from fire moves.