1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

My OU Trick Room.

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by CptDrDigi, Mar 29, 2011.

1. CptDrDigi

CptDrDigi Chickity China

This is my first Trick Room team, and it is also a team I am thinking of taking to VGC.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
    Ability: Mummy
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp'atk.
    Nature: Bold
    - Trick Room
    - Calm Mind
    - Toxic
    - Shadow Ball
    This my main lead, he sets up Trick Room allowing him to outspeed many thing. Calm Mind is there to boost his Special Attack and Special Defense, allowing him to take down a few things. Toxic is there for the pokes who will try and wall him, namely Amoongus. And Shadow Ball is there for STAB and is Cofagrigus's only good move.

Scrafty @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 HP, 40 Atk, 212 Sp Def.
    Nature: Sassy
    - Crunch
    - Drain Punch
    - Bulk Up
    - Dragon Tail.
    Here is one of my trick room sweepers. Crunch is there for STAB and takes care of psychics. Drain Punch is his only way to regain some HP, and is a good move in general. Bulk Up is away of making his Atk and Def grow to tremendous levels. And finally Dragon Tail is there to stop Baton Passers and dragons.

Carrocosta @ Life Orb
    Ability: Solid Rock.
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Def.
    Nature: Brave.
    - Curse
    - Stone Edge
    - Aqua Jet
    - Aqua Tail

Curse boosts his Atk and Def to great levels in exchange for speed, speed that you don't need on a trick room team. Stone Edge takes down flyers, namely Torndadus. Aqua Jet is there for when trick room stops. Aqua Tail for STAB.

Escavalier @ Muscle Band
    Ability: Swarm
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Def.
    Nature: Brave.
    - Megahorn
    - Iron Head
    - Sword Dance
    - Return.
    This moveset takes adavante of Escavalier's great stats. Megahorn is a great move, it knocks out most Tyranitar sets. Iron Head takes out a lot of rock type, including Gigigaith. Sword Dance boosts that amazing attack stat to "OH ****" levels. Return is there mainly for filler.

Chandelure @ Charcoal
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp atk, 4 Sp Def.
    Nature: Quiet.
    -Trick Room
    - Heat Wave
    - Shadow Ball
    - Pain Spilt

Trick Room is on a no brainer on this set, it allows Chandlure to sweep almost everything with it 145 base Sp Atk stat. Heat Wave is the best fire type move Chandelure gets. Shadow Ball is there for stab. Finally Pain Split is there as a recovery move.

Reuniclus @ Twisted Spoon
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 192 HP, 64 Def, 252 Sp Atk.
    move 1: Trick Room
    move 2: Psychic
    move 3: Focus Blast
    move 4: Shadow Ball

This set allows you to switch in, set up Trick Room and start sweeping. Psychic is your main STAB taking out bulky Fighting Types like Roobpushin. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast give this set unresisted coverage ,taking out Ghost and Dark Types respectively. This set is best to use if you are trying to Support the team and Sweep.

Please tell me what you think of my team, and how to improve it.

2. Linkin10

Linkin10 Shiny Lover

Reuniclus @ Twisted Spoon
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 192 HP, 64 Def, 252 Sp Atk.
    move 1: Trick Room
    move 2: Psychic
    move 3: Focus Blast
    move 4: Shadow Ball

3. chanseychansey77

chanseychansey77 Elite Trainer

Chandelure is way too fast to be on a Trick Room team, unless you use a Macho Brace to slow it down. And, as much as I like Scrafty, Conkeldurr is slower and more powerful, so he'll be better for this role, I believe.

4. CptDrDigi

CptDrDigi Chickity China

Ok, I'll do that.

@ Chansey. I am thinking of keeping the Scrafty. I mean they can both use bulk up, but Scrafty has better defences and a slighty better movepool, and he has Moxie.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  5. Well, If you want to keep scrafy, i reccomend switching carracosta for conkeldurr because STAB Drain Punch hurts