• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Pearl Team

Raro

Hi can you please help me with items, moves etc.

-Empoleon / Quirky (sadly that's how i got it) @ Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Drill Peck
(sorry just like this moveset)

-Lucario Timid (yay hatched like that!) @ Expert Belt
Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon
Dark Pulse
Psychic

-Garchomp / Naive (what i got) @ Focus Sash
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang

-Breloom Jolly (try find a jolly one) @ Black Sludge
Leech Seed (just loved it with my Torterra) / Rock Slide or Stone Edge (effective against most of it's weaknesses)
Seed Bomb
Spore
Focus Punch

-Ninetales Timid (I'll try find one) @ Leftovers / Charcoal
Flamethrower
Extrasensory
Fire Blast (Pokeradaring for a shiny so cant use egg moves :( )
Will-o-wisp

-Rotom / Quirky (sadly i got it from the tv like this) @ Magnet???
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Double Team
Hypnosis / Discharge

Thanks!

(sorry i don't really like how life orb takes away HP and the choice items you can only use 1 attack) (that's what i've heard anyway)

Last edited:

Keaton

Custom User Title

-Empoleon @ Leftovers (calm)
Surf
Ice Beam
Stealth Rock/Flash Cannon
Grass Knot

-Lucario @ Choice Specs/Expert Belt/Life Orb(modest or timid)
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Water Pulse
Dragon Pulse

-Garchomp @ Life Orb/Yache Berry (jolly)
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang

-Breloom @ Toxic Orb/Black Sludge (jolly)
Leech Seed/Substitute
Sky Uppercut/Focus Punch
Seed Bomb
Spore

-Ninetales @ Life Orb (timid)
Flamethrower
Extrasensory
Energy Ball
Will-o-wisp

That should work

-Rotom @ Choice Specs/Life Orb (Timid)
Thunderbolt
Will-O-Wisp
Hypnosis
Thunder Wave/Trick

I love Rotom for his Triple Status =p

Me in bold :) if this for ingame battling or competitive battling?
if in-game then this is in the wrong forum :)

Neonian

GTS king

-Empoleon @ ???
Surf
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Drill Peck

-Lucario @ Leftovers
Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon
Calm Mind
Psychic
Why leftovers? Replace calm mind with something and give it specs

-Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang
Life orb will cripple your opponent more than sash, priority moves will own you if that happens, lorb it and get a SD on the switch

-Breloom @ ???Toxic orb is it has poison heal, otherwise lefties
Leech Seed
Sky Uppercut
Seed Bomb
Rock Slide
Needs sub if you want to use leech seed, and mach punch>Sky uppercut

-Ninetales @ ???Leftives or specs work well here
Flamethrower
Extrasensory
Fire Blast
Will-o-wisp / Quck Attack / Over Heat

-Rotom @ ???
Thunderbolt / Thunder
Thunderwave / Shadow Ball
Double Team
Dark Pulse
You can try;

Rotom@Choice scarf
Timid

Thunder wave
Will-o-wisp
Shadow ball
Thunderbolt/hp fighting.

It's speed cripples alot of things and it outspeeds a 1x motor drive electivire, and takes little damage due to burns and paralysis so you can switch out freely

Changes in bold.

Raro

i've done natures but i don't really know what evs are and how to post them when i do these things...

basically i used to play for fun and i still do but i just got wi-fi and wanna go a bit compitetive

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
U might want to post it in In-Game RMT. But to help on the EVs:
For Each battle u have with a Wild Pokemon or In-Game Trainer's Pokemon, u get Effort Points or EVs for short. Now for each pokemon u get 1-3 EVs. Go to Serebii.net and look for those under the dex entries. U only get a MAX of 510 EVs PER POKEMON and 255 PER Stat, twice. U can use any combonation of EVs as long as they add up to or less than 510. If anyone wants to get into the more finer details that i didnt cover go ahead.

Raro

U might want to post it in In-Game RMT. But to help on the EVs:
For Each battle u have with a Wild Pokemon or In-Game Trainer's Pokemon, u get Effort Points or EVs for short. Now for each pokemon u get 1-3 EVs. Go to Serebii.net and look for those under the dex entries. U only get a MAX of 510 EVs PER POKEMON and 255 PER Stat, twice. U can use any combonation of EVs as long as they add up to or less than 510. If anyone wants to get into the more finer details that i didnt cover go ahead.

i think i understand a bit...
and is that 510 Evs per pokemon per level or is it per life time?
and is that 255 Evs for each of the 6 stats?
and do i chose 2 stats and use them for 255 Evs each?

so e.g.
lucario has 1 sp.attk and 1.attk
so i battle lucarios untill

if i battle a lucario i get 1 Special Attack Ev and 1 Attack Ev and if i keep battling them i can get up to 255 Sp. Attk Evs and 255 Attk Evs and then if i keep battling them i'll stay at 255 Sp Attk and Attk Evs and then if i went and battled other pokemon would i keep those Evs and not get any Evs from them or do i have to keep battling Lucarios till i level up or something?

and what do Evs do once my pokemon has them and how do i tell how many Evs my pokemon has and in what stats.?

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
^ above poster didnt explain it that well to be honest....

- You get 508 USABLE EVs TOTAL, as in a poke can only get 508 and thats it

- 4 Evs = 1 Stat Point, so for every four EVs, you get a +1 in that stat when you level up

- The maximum amount of EVs you can put into 1 stat category is 252, anything more and youre wasting them

- The use of Vitamins give you 10 EVs for that stat

HP UP = HP Stat
Protein = Atk Stat
Iron = Def Stat
Calcium = S. Atk Stat
Zinc = S. Def Stat
Carbos - Spd stat

- Where as berries can also be used to reduce 10 EVs in a stat category in which you dont want or need EVs in

Pomeg = HP
Kelpsy = Atk
Qualot = Def Stat
Hondew = S. Atk Stat
Grepa = S. Def Stat
Tamato = Spd Stat

- Items can also double the amount of EV points you get, for example if a poke normally gives you 2 Evs when you defeat it, and youre holding Macho Brace or by using one of the following items, youll get 4 EVs instead of the usual 2

Power Anklet - Spd
Power Band - S.Def
Power Belt - Def
Power Bracer - Atk
Power Lens - S. Atk
Power Weight - HP

- Lastly you need to keep very careful track of your EVs because thers no way of knowing what they are once you have them. its better if you write them down on paper or something

Raro

so if i battled a lot of random pokemon what would happen?
so if i got 252 attk evs and 252 sp. attk evs in one lvl then my stats for them would go up heaps?
so if i got 252 sp attk and attk Evs then battled a whole lot of random pokemon in one level would i keep thos Evs or would they be overwritten or something?

Raikuga

Lightning King
If you want to battle competitively, then it is highly suggested that oube able to control the natures of pokemon you get. The easiest way to do this is a box full of ditto. I spent a day chaining ditto until I had a box of 25, 1 of each nature. Once you have that, give the ditto an everstone and breed it with a male pokemon to have 50% of the offspring be the nature of the ditto.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
If a pokemon has not reached 508 EVs then they are still considered to be in the EV Training phase, battling random pokes during those 508 EVs would give you random Evs, which is highly unrecommended

Also if a pokemon has not yet reached level 100, you can always use the EV reducing berries to bring their EVs back down to 0 for each stat and can EV train them from there on out and make use of the 508 EVs which you previously wasted

252 Evs would give you +63 stat points in one stat category at level 100, which is alot

After youve reached your max 508 Evs it doesnt really matter what you battle since you wont get EV points anymore for defeating pokes, its important that your 508 EVs be what you need, afterwards its whatever