• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Planned BF Team!

Quegler

Hopefully this trio will get me some gold symbols.. I know the Blissey/Skarmory combo is a bit OU, but whatever, it works.

Any suggestions for moves / constructive criticism is appreciated

Blissey @ Leftovers
Toxic
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
????

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Spikes
Aerial Ace
????
????

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Crunch
Earthquake
????
????

Last edited:

NeilPerry

Hopefully this trio will get me some gold symbols.. I know the Blissey/Skarmory combo is a bit OU, but whatever, it works.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Toxic
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Flamethrower

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Spikes
Aerial Ace
Roar/Wirlwind
Steel Wing

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Crunch
Earthquake
Taunt
Rock Slide[
/QUOTE]

Comments in bold

Dragon Master Cody

VGC champion

Blissey @ Leftovers
Toxic
Softboiled
Double Team
Protect

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Double Team
Fly
Toxic
Roost

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Crunch
Earthquake
Protect
Rock Slide or Stone Edge
You should send out TTar before skarmory so that sandstorm helps whittle away at your oppnets HP

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

Blissey @ Leftovers
Toxic/Thunderwave
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Aromatherapy

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Spikes
Aerial Ace
Whirlwind
Rest/Toxic

Tyranitar @ Shell Bell
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Brick Break
Dragon Dance

You'll need a new item for Skarmory, because you can't overlap Lefties. I can't think of one yet.

Devastator1

constructive criticism no. 1: train more pokemon. you will never complete the BF with only 3 pokemon. you need to switch things up. mostly to avoid hax and the game will kinda develop a team that will perfectly counter yours when you have a good streak going, thats my experience.

constructive criticism no. 2: blissey and tyranitar on the same team is a no no UNLESS you have a pokemon that is super resistant to fighting types. Skarmory isnt. and its more fighting moves you need to be weary of. the moment you run into, max attack snorlax with, quick claw, curse, break break and double edge, you are done for.

constructive criticism no. 3: if youre not running a pokemon with boltbeam (thunderbolt and ice beam), you wont get very far. at least one of the two is essential.

constructive criticism no. 4: skarmory cant learn roost in this generation. thats not a criticism is it?

constructive criticism no. 5: most of the suggestions above requires breeding to get at least one move on the set. im not saying dont breed them, im just saying dont breed to make this team, blissey goes well with salamence instead of those two. heracross and tyranitar are a match made in battle frontier heaven. and skarmory swampert and gengar just work great together. this is all inrelation to the pokemon youll face in the battle frontier.

constructive criticism no. 1: train more pokemon. you will never complete the BF with only 3 pokemon. you need to switch things up. mostly to avoid hax and the game will kinda develop a team that will perfectly counter yours when you have a good streak going, thats my experience.

That's not the game being smart, that's the law of probablity at work.

constructive criticism no. 2: blissey and tyranitar on the same team is a no no UNLESS you have a pokemon that is super resistant to fighting types. Skarmory isnt.

I agree that Blissey and T-tar do not belong on the same team, but for a different reason: Sand Stream screws with Blissey's health recovery. Losing ~40 hp every turn is a pretty big deal.

constructive criticism no. 3: if youre not running a pokemon with boltbeam (thunderbolt and ice beam), you wont get very far. at least one of the two is essential.

Team synergy is much more important. Boltbeam's a great combo, but it's far from essential. Physical moves tend to be more effective in the BF anyway.

I really think this team needs to be revamped. These three Pokemon simply don't fit together. Skarmory and Blissey both want Leftovers, and Blissey hates Tyranitar's ability. Also, I don't think you should lead with Blissey.

Quegler

Well this is kind of disappointing, would Skarmory/Blissey still work together? I can add almost any pokemon I want as a third.

Well this is kind of disappointing, would Skarmory/Blissey still work together? I can add almost any pokemon I want as a third.

You could make Skarmory hold a Chesto Berry instead of Lefties, but I'm still not sure Skarmory is worth using in the Battle Frontier. There are a ton of mixed sweepers who'll probably chew right through its mediocre special defense and hp.
In 3v3 each of your Pokemon needs to be versatile, and unfortunately Skarmory can't really do much except sit there and soak up physical attacks.

Quegler

Revised the movesets a bit, although Im sure they arent perfect yet,

Blissey
Toxic
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunderbolt/Icebeam

I was also considering either replacing the the boltbeam or the Seismic Toss with Minimize/Double Team, but Im not sure

Skarmory
Fly
Steel Wing
Spikes
Roar

Still looking for that third pokemon, and again, I can get nearly anyone I want, my Pokedex is at 311/386

Last edited:

Suicune3000

Water Lord

Comments/Changes in Bold.
Blissey @ Leftovers
Toxic
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Double Team

Double Team is allowed in the BF and makes Blissey that much harder to take out :)

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Spikes
Drill Peck
Steel Wing + Agility
OR
Toxic + Roar

Ok, yeah I know Skarm should be defensive, but in a place like the Frontier he works efficiently as an offensive as well. If you don't want offense go for Toxi-Roar to shuffle.
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Focus Punch/Brick Break

DD-Tar- Hazers and PHazers are rare in the BF so there's no need for Taunt.

One more thing, you might want to consider swapping T-Tar for something else-if he comes out before Blissey his Sandstorm will ruin Blissey. However that depends on which order you're putting your team out :)

Revised the movesets a bit, although Im sure they arent perfect yet,

Blissey
Toxic
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunderbolt/Icebeam

I was also considering either replacing the the boltbeam or the Seismic Toss with Minimize/Double Team, but Im not sure

Don't. Your Blissey actually looks good.

Skarmory
Fly
Steel Wing
Spikes
Roar

Laying down Spikes is more useful in long battles; it's almost always a waste of time in 3v3.
I'd go for a more defensive set if I were you, the Skarmory above will neither dish out nor take much damage. Chesto Berry + Rest would be a good start.

Quegler

Well, I got the Blissey moveset down, still thinking about Skarmory.
What about:
@Chesto Berry
Rest
Drill Peck
Spikes
Roar

Im not sure about any moveset without spikes...

What about:
@Chesto Berry
Rest
Drill Peck
Spikes
Roar

The problem is that this is not a proper counter to physical threats. What do you do if you run into Metagross? Or Rhydon? Or Aggron? It simply doesn't have the tools to beat them.

Im not sure about any moveset without spikes...

Toxic is a decent option, but it won't help against steel types. Curse would be good, so would Counter, but you need FR/LG to obtain them afaik.

Quegler

Toxic is a decent option, but it won't help against steel types. Curse would be good, so would Counter, but you need FR/LG to obtain them afaik.

I have LG and can trade between it and Emerald, so a moveset something like this?

Rest
Toxic
Counter/Curse
Drill Peck

Quegler

Well, revised it yet again. Also, still need a third pokemon, I was thinking a physical sweeper, sounded fun. I've been doing the Battle Factory a lot trying to find out whats enjoyable to use. Like mentioned earlier, I have 321 / 386, so I got a lot of options.

Skarmory @ Chesto Berry
Nature: Impish
-Rest
-Toxic
-Drill Peck
-Counter

Blissey @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss
-Ice Beam

As for EV's, Blissey will have 204 HP, 252 Def, 52 SpAtk. Skarmory on the other hand Im not sure about, I know I'll have 252 HP, but after that it kind of varies. Not sure how or if I would spread the rest out over Def, Attack, and Speed.

Last edited:
You might as well go with max hp and def for both of them.

I'm not sure why you replaced Toxic with Aromatherapy, which you absolutely do not need.