• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Planned Dragon team

thepomster

Please dont ask me to rebreed im not a competitive battler i just love dragon types.

Dragonite - Hardy

Dragon rush
Ice Beam
Thunder
Wing Attack

Flygon - Hasty

Earthquake
Crunch
Hyper Beam
Dragon Claw

Salamence - Naughty

Flamethrower
Dragon Claw
Zen Headbutt
Double Edge

Garchomp - Lonely

Dragon Rush
Outrage
Flamethrower
Earthquake

Kingdra - open to suggestions

Dragon Pulse
Dragon Dance
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam

Frozen_Lightning

Lightning Ice Time
Watch out..... your extreamly out there when it comes to ice beam........ but you have some good defences to it as well

Looks like a great team, but if I were you I'd switch out Wing Attack on Dragonite for something stronger. Maybe with another Physical attack, as Dragonite has a very high attack.

Looks like a great team, but if I were you I'd switch out Wing Attack on Dragonite for something stronger. Maybe with another Physical attack, as Dragonite has a very high attack.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
149.png

Dragonite
Dragon Dance
Outrage/Dragon Claw
Earthquake/Stone Edge
Fire Punch

Dragonite's Atk is better than his SpAtk, so he's best at being physical instead of mixed as you had him. Dragon Rush's poor accuracy makes it inferior to Outrage or Dragon Claw. If you don't like the confusion, give him a Persim Berry... or just go with Dragon Claw. DD is a given, Earthquake or Stone Edge is for coverage, and Fire Punch takes out (most) ice types.

330.png

Flygon
Earthquake
Dragon Claw/Outrage
U-Turn
Crunch/Roost/Fire Blast/Fire Punch

Earthquake and your choice of a dragon move for STAB. U-Turn takes advantage of Flygon's respectable speed to turn him into a scout. Crunch is for general coverage, Roost is for longevity, and Fire Blast or Fire Punch are for ice types. Fire Blast has a lot more power, even if Flygon is a physical attacker.

373.png

Salamence
Dragon Dance
Outrage/Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Aqua Tail

Same deal as the others. Aqua Tail is for more coverage. Don't need the same moveset on every one.

dpmfa445.png

Garchomp
Outrage/Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

I'm tired of explaining. You want a team of dragons. They're all going to have very similar movesets. You're going to get owned by an ice type.

230.png

Kingdra
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Waterfall
Draco Meteor

DD to boost up, Outrage and Waterfall are good STAB. Draco Meteor is obvious, same strategy as with Overheat. One big burst with his inferior SpAtk but its amazing 140 Power before switching/fainting/etc.

Zeltoid

I will have to disagree with Dresden on his move-sets. 3 Dragon Dancers is a bit much, also you have no special sweepers.

I'd recommend keeping Dragonite as a support pokemon on a pure-Dragon team. Thunder Wave/Toxic, Light Screen, Dragon Claw, Roost. Most Ice-users hit from the special spectrum so you may get use out of Light Screen. T-wave can hit a speedy water type attempting to ruin your fun.

Though not a Dragon type, you may want to use Bulky-Gyara. He fits the theme and won't suffer a 4x Ice weakness.

Use Yache-Berry on Garchomp to counter anything trying to ruin your sweep.

Toxic-Stall Flygon could be fun to try out. Other than that I'd recommend trying a Life Orb set-up using a Rash/Naiive nature. Draco Meteor, Fire Blast/FT, EQ and Roost. This set works better as a surprise set in competitive play, but it may add some more diversity to your line-up. This last thing you want is for all your pokemon to feel the exact same. Makes the game a bit boring.

DDMence is fine.

Use Kingdra however you see fit. DD is a great set-up, but you might prefer a Special-set combined with the Sniper ability.

Honestly, Pure Dragon isn't going to be the best team, but try to diversify them at least. Making them all CC pure physical DD sets will really bore you especially on an in-game team. Since this is in-game you probably won't need Dragonite's supporting moves outside of the Battle Frontier. If you plan on not using D-Nite in BF, use the Mix-set with Roost and Life Orb. - FT, Dragon Pulse, Super Power, Roost.

Help out with my team too! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=11199935#post11199935