• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Planned Omega Ruby Team

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
So, I just recently got my copy of Omega Ruby today and I'm thinking this will be my in-game team.

Swampert @ Swampertite
Torrent Ability
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Ice Beam

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Clear Body Ability
-Iron Defense
-Psychic
-Hammer Arm
-Iron Head

Mightyena @Black Glasses
Intimidate Ability
-Dark Pulse
-Shadow Ball
-Crunch
-Swagger

Breloom @ Miracle Seed
Effect Spore Ability
-Energy Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

Manectric @Magnet
Static Ability
-Discharge
-Flamethrower
-Bite
-Swagger

Swellow @ Sharp Beak
Guts Ability
-Fly
-Return
-Aerial Ace
-Attract

Vern

Why not both?
Use Meteor Mash over Iron Head, metagross could work well with the attack boost. Use Fire Fang on mightyena, it gives good coverage and there's no real point using two dark type moves, even in game. You could try poison heal with toxic orb, as it is quite a bit more useful than effect spore. It makes no sense using swords dance on Breloom if his only physical move is brick break. Use seed bomb in place of energy ball, use Thunder Punch instead of Sludge bomb (breloom can learn thunderpunch from move tutors in ORAS).

That's all I can think of.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Use Meteor Mash over Iron Head, metagross could work well with the attack boost. Use Fire Fang on mightyena, it gives good coverage and there's no real point using two dark type moves, even in game. You could try poison heal with toxic orb, as it is quite a bit more useful than effect spore. It makes no sense using swords dance on Breloom if his only physical move is brick break. Use seed bomb in place of energy ball, use Thunder Punch instead of Sludge bomb (breloom can learn thunderpunch from move tutors in ORAS).

That's all I can think of.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I don't really want to use Meteor Mash because of that accuracy, you know what I mean? I definitely think I will keep Fire Fang and you're absolutely right, there is no sense on having two dark-type moves on Mightyena. I definietly agree with the Poison Heal ability on Breloom and just a quick question, where are the move tutors in these games?

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
For Breloom, you could use dexnav to get a quickfeet shroomish for a technician breloom. This would boost mach punch to 60BP and Force Palm to 90BP. If you are really lucky you could get a Bullet seed/quick feet shroomish

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Sounds like a solid team, when playing non-competitively Iron Head is a pretty good choice for its accuracy. It houldn't have much trouble against anyone in particular. Like Alpha Omega said Seed Bomb or even bullet seed earlier in the game might be better than energy ball for breloom though, its sp atk is less than half its physical. Mightyena might not need dark pulse for similar reasons (crunch will be invaluable against L&T though), thunder fang could be nice against bats and tentacool.

One thing that I found useful when playing sapphire though was leaving my Poochyena in daycare between Mauvile and Mt Pyre so I could keep a HM slave like Linoone or Gyarados or something with an advantage over common types to pad out my team as there weren't many pokemon weak to dark at that point. But its your team and this certainly looks like it will carve through pretty much every difficult battle so I say go for what you like the most!

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on — — the Champion is waiting." Elite 4 Karen

Last edited:

chap196

For Metagross
I would use Zen Headbutt instead of Psychic as Metagross has a lot higher attack than special attack. Also I would rather use Agility instead of Iron Defense, as its defense is already high and it can outspeed so many Pokemon with 1 agility.

Hope this helps

TorterraOwns

Pokemon:My Friends
Wow, you just about had the same team as me, except for Breloom. I used Ninjask, but on to the topic.
Swampert is mainly a Physical Attacker so Waterfall will be better than Surf damage-wise. It has great coverage but you
might want to switch Swampert out on Grass types. Double Weakness still almost KO'D mine on my first E4 run.
Metagross is awesome, but Steel type moves aren't the greatest attacking moves, I'd suggest Earthquake, otherwise it's great.
Mightyena isn't a Great Special Attacker. I put Rock Smash on mine and it was great, But mine had Fire Fang, so it was OP. I wouldn't suggest Swagger
because if whoever you're battling uses a Full Restore, they get a free X2 attack stat.
I can't say anything on Breloom, since I've never Used one before.
Manectric is AMAZING. Flamethrower and Discharge are a great combo.
Swellow is..Swellow..It's greeeeeeeeeeat!:D

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
and just a quick question, where are the move tutors in these games?

If you meant for moves like the elemental punches, Aqua Tail, and Earth Power, the tutors are in Battle Resort. Which unfortunately is only accessible after Delta Episode.

anyway

Metagross
Adamant Nature
~Iron Head/Meteor Mash
~Zen Headbutt
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch/Rock Slide

That should give you a really wide coverage that fully takes advantage of its high Attack stat.

Mightyena
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Crunch
~Fire Fang
~Ice Fang
~Thunder Fang

You'll need breeding to get all three Fang moves on it.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Thank you all for your suggestions, I've been thinking about it and I don't think I'm going to use Mightyena anymore. The one I caught just doesn't have great stats and I can't keep it on my team. I'm thinking about switching it for an Absol with the Super Luck ability.

Everyone else is going to stay the same but for Absol, I was thinking.

Absol @Absolite
Super Luck Ability
-Dark Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Psycho Cut
-Shadow Ball

Does look good to you?

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Hmm...I see you're using a lot of special attacks on otherwise physical Pokemon. Both Breloom and Absol have really good Physical Attack that you can capitalize on. I'll focus on them

You put Swords Dance on your Breloom set but only 1 move would benefit from it. Here are my changes.
Poison Heal or Technician Ability
- Swords Dance. Spore for catching Pokemon.
- Mach Punch / Power Up Punch / Brick Break
- Poison Jab / Rock Tomb / Stone Edge
- Seed Bomb

Absol @ Absolite
- Night Slash (Sucker Punch if you can get it through DexNav). Shadow Claw if you want a ghost move, but Dark type kinda covers that role already.
- Psycho Cut / Zen Headbutt for fighting types. Play Rough if DexNav.
- X-Scissor / Brick Break. If you must a special move, Flamethrower instead of Thunderbolt since you have Manectric doing the same thing.
- Utility move: Perish Song since enemy AI can't switch out, Will-o-wisp, Taunt, Swords Dance.
Me First would be an interesting move since you steal your enemy's move if you go first. Imagine using that on a Dragon type or something.