• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Planned Pokemon Black Team

zodiart88

Hi everyone! I hope you can give some feedback or suggestions to my ingame team. Pls do note that this team is not for the Battle Subway. Im planning to post them in the near future.

Samurott
-Surf
-Ice beam
-X scissor
-Night slash

Simisage
-Seed bomb
-Acrobatics
-???
-???

Scarfty
-Crunch
-Brick break
-???
-???

Sigilyph
-Air slash
-Psychic
-Fly
-???

I'll post the last one or two pokemons for my team later today. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Here is the last 2 pokemons for my planned team.

Golurk
-Shadow Punch
-Earthquake
-Curse
-???

Darmanitan
-Fire Punch
-Superpower
-Return
-???

So, there you have it :) Feel free to give criticism or suggestions to my final team

Last edited:

andresballer03

im pretty sure you dont get simisage as your elemental monkey. you get simisear, so youll have to trade that over. for sigilyph, calm mind works great. scrafty could use hi jump kick, stone edge and bulk up (take out brick break.)

The team well planned. Samurott and Sigilyph do share a weakness to Electric though, so a Ground move would be good.

Samurott

-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-X Scissor/Megahorn
-Dig (It's better than Night Slash, because Dig is super effective against Electric types)

Simisage

-Seed Bomb
-Brick Break (Against Ice types)
-Dig (Against Fire types)
-Rock Slide (Against Flying, Bug and Ice)

Scrafty

-Crunch
-Brick Break
-Head Smash (Against Flying types)
-Rock Climb?

Sigilyph

-Air Slash
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball (Against Ghost types)
-Energy Ball (Against Rock types)

Also, why does Sigilyph know Fly? Sigilyph isn't too good for physical battling. But, I'm guessing it's your flyer, right?

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
@andres; You can get the monkeys in shaking grass in Pinwheel Forest.

Return > Night Slash on Samurott for some nice neutral coverage. Alternatively, you could go with Aqua Jet for priority or Revenge for a Fighting-type move, mainly to hit Steels.

Simisage
~ Seed Bomb
~ Brick Break
~ Crunch
~ Rock Slide

Seed Bomb is STAB, Brick Break to hit Steel-types. Crunch gets some great coverage alongside Brick Break, and Rock Slide for Flying- and Fire-types.

Scrafty
~ Bulk Up
~ High Jump Kick
~ Crunch
~ Rock Slide
Bulk Up for boosting. HJK is a great STAB move, and alongside both Crunch and Rock Slide you have great coverage.

The above user's Sigilyph set works fine.

Please edit in your two other Pokemon when you can :)

~ DC ~

Charge Beam can also work on Sigilyph , some coverage and a 50% chance to raise your Special Attack. But then there's Calm Mind , so yeah.

Dragoniteftw

SWAGONITE
Darmanitan @ life orb
jolly
sheer force (boosts moves with secondary effect)
-Fire Punch/Flare blitz (both get sheer force)
-Superpower (coverage)
-EQ/bulk up (coverage or stat boost)
-Rock slide (sheer force boost)

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Darmanitan @ life orb
jolly
sheer force (boosts moves with secondary effect)
-Fire Punch/Flare blitz (both get sheer force)
-Superpower (coverage)
-EQ/bulk up (coverage or stat boost)
-Rock slide (sheer force boost)

Really just use Fire Punch > Superpower so you have the choice of which STAB. Superpower in the long run is worse than Earthquake , and with Eazrthquake offers little coverage.