• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Planned Pokemon Ruby Remake Team

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Hi everyone, I've realised that i'm going to need some help in my planned ruby remake team. I know it hasn't been released or even revealed yet but it will end up being made in this generation. Here is my planned team, any suggestions will be appreciated.

http://i52.*******.com/210y6hv.gif
Sceptile (Modest) @(Don't know yet)
-Leaf Storm/Energy Ball
-Leech Seed
-Subsitute
-Dragon Breath

http://i56.*******.com/nbrgk0.gif
Walrein (Bold) @Leftovers
-Subsitute
-Protect
-Surf/Ice Beam (Undecided)
-Toxic
My new stalling pride and joy. I want to maximize its ev's in hp and defences.

http://i51.*******.com/2ntw6x1.gif
Hariyama (Adamant) @Toxic Orb/Flame Orb
-Facade
-Close Combat (Does Hariyama learn hi jump kick? if it does then i'll use that)
-Bullet Punch/Stone Edge
-Payback
A new guts induced team member, i'm really going to like this one.

http://i54.*******.com/e63u4g.gif
Claydol (Relaxed) @Leftovers
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Explosion
The Supporting Suicidal Claydol. Considered light screen and reflect but I think that this set is better. But if if it is suggested then i'll use the best one.

http://i52.*******.com/2925vrr.gif
Flygon (Jolly) @Leftovers
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-U-Turn
A very complicated one, not too sure on its moveset either so may need help.

http://i52.*******.com/16a6yl2.gif
Metagross (Jolly) @Life Orb
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt

If any of you want to post suggestions on my planned team, it will be largely appreciated.​

Last edited:

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
I'd suggest Metagross because Aggron's typing isn't very good.

Metagross is good and aggron's typing is weak but if i had metagross then i'll have two physics, is that bad?

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
no it shouldn't be a problem. their weaknesses are way different and they do completeley two different roles in your team.

zen headbut on metagross does really bad coverage so replace it with...i'm not quite sure tbh. you can't get ice punch in gen V so maybe rock slide?

hariyama might as well have facade becuase he's using flame/poison orb
i would get rid of fake out for facade

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
no it shouldn't be a problem. their weaknesses are way different and they do completeley two different roles in your team.

zen headbut on metagross does really bad coverage so replace it with...i'm not quite sure tbh. you can't get ice punch in gen V so maybe rock slide?

hariyama might as well have facade becuase he's using flame/poison orb
i would get rid of fake out for facade

ok, i'm definetly swapping fake out for facade and for metagross, i suppose that i could do with a better coverage move than zen headbutt but for the life of me, i can't think of something strong. Thanks for your suggestion.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Ok, i'm considering putting metagross in because it would greatly help my team but everytime i look at aggron, i change my mind, what do you think i should do with the two?

El Panda

No Present For You!
Your team is 4/6 BoltBeam weak, so you might want to consider changing more than one Pokemon other than Aggron. Tell me if your willing to replace any of yours pokes and I'll look for a replacement. Aggron is 4x weak to the two most popular Physical attacking types, Ground and Fighting, is terribly slow, and Metagross gets Agility, so very little reason to not use it.

PS Give Flygon Jolly nature, Timid lowers attack and yours is purely physical.

PsnType

Horrible, you ripped off just basic move set from smogon or w/e and built your team accordingly it got 0% originality meaning pro players will always know which move your pkmn are running, Go unorthedox it will certainly help you suprise biatch

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Your team is 4/6 BoltBeam weak, so you might want to consider changing more than one Pokemon other than Aggron. Tell me if your willing to replace any of yours pokes and I'll look for a replacement. Aggron is 4x weak to the two most popular Physical attacking types, Ground and Fighting, is terribly slow, and Metagross gets Agility, so very little reason to not use it.

PS Give Flygon Jolly nature, Timid lowers attack and yours is purely physical.

Ok, i'm willing to get rid of claydol for another pokemon and am likely going to go with metagross over aggron,
@Psntype yes, i'm using identical movesets from smogon but these are the best I COULD think of and so far neither serebii or smogon have made gen 5 movesets. I had a hard time trying to figure out a moveset. Thats why I made this thread.

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
Horrible, you ripped off just basic move set from smogon or w/e and built your team accordingly it got 0% originality meaning pro players will always know which move your pkmn are running, Go unorthedox it will certainly help you suprise biatch

stop spamming the thread and go **** in your mothers mouth
the OP is looking for help so obviously his movesets will be crappy. The raters try to help their team

like i said rock slide may ok on metagross replacing zen headbut

i think that you could use an aggron if you don't feel comfortable with metagross.
i dont think that it will add any major weaknesses to your teamm

Earthquake / Rock Slide / Double Edge / Curse

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
stop spamming the thread and go **** in your mothers mouth
the OP is looking for help so obviously his movesets will be crappy. The raters try to help their team

like i said rock slide may ok on metagross replacing zen headbut

i think that you could use an aggron if you don't feel comfortable with metagross.
i dont think that it will add any major weaknesses to your teamm

Earthquake / Rock Slide / Double Edge / Curse

Hahaha thanks for the support on the unwanted spammer...
I think that i'll probably use metagross for coverage and online but i'll use aggron for story. If that makes sense :\

Alex0511

What the FFFNYAAAAH?
You don't have a Fire type, or a Fire type move on one of your Pokemon. I suggest you get rid of Claydol for Manectric. It can learn Flamethrower, plus it'll cover Hariyama's weakness to Flying if you decide to choose Bullet Punch over Stone Edge, and it can learn Bite, which'll cover Hariyama's weakness to Psychic. Flamethrower will also cover Flygon's tremendous weakness to Ice.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
You don't have a Fire type, or a Fire type move on one of your Pokemon. I suggest you get rid of Claydol for Manectric. It can learn Flamethrower, plus it'll cover Hariyama's weakness to Flying if you decide to choose Bullet Punch over Stone Edge, and it can learn Bite, which'll cover Hariyama's weakness to Psychic. Flamethrower will also cover Flygon's tremendous weakness to Ice.

I've highly considered Manectric buts its overall base stats total is pretty bad compared to the rest of the team.If I go with Manectric, i could go with:
Manectric (Jolly) @Something
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower/Overheat
-Agility
-Thunder Wave/Toxic

Alex0511

What the FFFNYAAAAH?
I've highly considered Manectric buts its overall base stats total is pretty bad compared to the rest of the team.If I go with Manectric, i could go with:
Manectric (Jolly) @Something
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower/Overheat
-Agility
-Thunder Wave/Toxic

Very true, I could of suggested Torkoal, but his stats are slightly worse, and plus you already have a physical wall.

Ninetales could work. Its stats are better than Manectric's, not to mention(besides Sceptile, I think) that you lack a special sweeper.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Very true, I could of suggested Torkoal, but his stats are slightly worse, and plus you already have a physical wall.

Ninetales could work. Its stats are better than Manectric's, not to mention(besides Sceptile, I think) that you lack a special sweeper.

I kinda give myself a rule to only use pokemon from the gen the game is in. Sorry if that doesn't help its just i don't like using old pokemon in new gens when there is plenty of decent pokemon out there in the gen

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Okay, I've decided on the six pokemon for my team but i am concerned about there movepool. There has to be a better special move aside from dragon breath for sceptile. My team probably needs better moves all round. Any suggestions?

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
Very true, I could of suggested Torkoal

i don't really know any of the reasons why it would be but torkals my fav pokemon and it's reaaaalllyyy epic so I'm suggesting it

Torkal@Leftovers
Sassy / White Smoke
252HP 252SpD 4SpA (if u ev train)
-Over Heat
-Earthquake
-Curse
-Rock Slide

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
^What I do is have my entire team by the start unevolved. If i have torkoal, it'll stay the same and the only changes it'll have is moveset. I'll probably get annoyed by it. Thats why I'm not using other pokemon like kecleon or absol.

Final

I Submit to No One
Okay, I've decided on the six pokemon for my team but i am concerned about there movepool. There has to be a better special move aside from dragon breath for sceptile. My team probably needs better moves all round. Any suggestions?

Aside from stuff like Hidden Power Ice, or Hidden Power Fire which are both pains to breed for, unfortunately not unless they either make Dragon Pulse a move tutor move or you transfer Sceptile from a 4th Generation game already knowing the move Dragon Pulse. It gets Focus Blast but it's accuracy is horrible.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Aside from stuff like Hidden Power Ice, or Hidden Power Fire which are both pains to breed for, unfortunately not unless they either make Dragon Pulse a move tutor move or you transfer Sceptile from a 4th Generation game already knowing the move Dragon Pulse. It gets Focus Blast but it's accuracy is horrible.

Hmm, I don't want to bother with hidden power or get a treecko from 4th gen. I just want to keep Sceptile a special sweeper. Anymore suggestions?