• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My planned Silver team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
This is my team for Silver, I won't change members, so please just rate.

Feraligatr
Bite
Surf
Ice Punch
Dig
BlackGlasses

Houndoom
Flamethrower
Crunch
Iron Tail
Sludge Bomb/Mud Slap
No item

Jumpluff
Giga Drain
Headbutt
Hyper Beam
Hidden Power?
No item

Xatu
Psychic
Fly
Swift
Solarbeam
No item

Blissey
Egg Bomb/Softboiled
Psychic
Shadow Ball/Softboiled
Icy Wind
No item

Piloswine
Blizzard
Earthquake
Rest
Sleep Talk
Leftovers

Thanks!

Last edited:

Summonight

Who Homestuck here?
Feraligatr's Special Attack is low compared to it's Attack stat, so you might want to Surf ---> Waterfall. Also, Feraligatr should have Crunch instead of Bite and Earthquake instead of Dig. With a moveset of Waterfall/Crunch/Ice Punch/Earthquake, Feraligatr has awesome coverage, and it being a starter, it's stats are already great.

In Gen 2, Houndoom has a rather shallow movepool. Get rid of Sludge Bomb; you already have Flamethrower for Grass types. Try going for SolarBeam instead. The charging turn may be rather redundant, but SolarBeam covers way more than Sludge Bomb, allowing you to hit Water types, Ground types, and Rock types.

As for Jumpluff, it's never been a good offensive Pokemon; it's more of a support Pokemon. Try giving it a moveset of Leech Seed/Poison Powder/Giga Drain/Leech Seed. You'll be trying to Poison/Leech stall your opponent. If you want to, change Poison Powder for Sleep Powder; doesn't quite matter. As long as you know that a base Attack and Sp. Attack stat of 55 won't get you far offensively.

Xatu is a good Pokemon in-game. Unfortunately, in Gen 2, it's movepool was also rather shallow. There's not much to teach it, and while Fly isn't a good option for it, it and Drill Peck are the only other Flying type moves it can learn, and even they are Physical, which does not suit Xatu. Anyways, go for Psychic/Fly or Drill Peck/Giga Drain/Hidden Power.

Offensive Blissey isn't really any good. I honestly recommend changing it for Sneasel/Misdreavus/Jolteon/whatever the hell. Your team needs more fast Pokemon that can hit hard/decently hard too. Anyways, if you really want to go with Offensive Blissey, then try a moveset of Softboiled/Return/Curse/Toxic or Shadow Ball for Ghost types.

Piloswine's Special Attack is very low, so Ice Beam and Blizzard are not good moves for it, but there are no other Ice moves it can learn, so go with Ice Beam/Earthquake/Curse/Return. But, Piloswine is mediocre. (I know you don't want to change Pokemon, but you should really get your hands on a Sneasel. Piloswine, being an Ice type (one of the worst types) is susceptible to Steel/Fighting/Fire/Rock whatever, and it's low speed makes it hard for it to stay alive too long. So, if you're going to get an Ice type, at least get one that can get stuff done before it goes down.)

Wolfram74

Shiny Feebas
This is Gen II, so all water attacks are special attacks. Crunch is also a special attack :p check here.

-Instead of Jumpluff, maybe you could get a stronger grass type like Sunflora or Vileplume or Bellossom.
-Blissey, before Gen IV with the strengthening of attacks, is a really good wall. I would keep it, but have Toxic, Soft-boiled, Psychic and Double Team.
-Xatu is a good flying type, unique from the standard sets :p If you don't have any other flying Pokemon, then keep Fly, otherwise go with Drill Peck. Confuse Ray instead of Swift. Swift is a Physical Attack and Xatu isn't meant for that, especially without a STAB.
-Piloswine, Teach it Earthquake and Rockslide, don't use Ice Beam, and instead Rest and Sleep Talk. RestTalk is respectable set if you can find a decent Pokemon to use it, which it's capable of. Now for item you should probably go with Leftovers.

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
@Summonight:

Feraligatr can't learn Crunch in gen two, so I have Bite for that reason.

Houndoom should probably learn something other than Sludge Bomb, I agree, problem there is I can't find anything because all my other pokemon kinda took it's moves, but I guess maybe I could have Mud Slap or Faint Attack.

Jumpluff was kinda my bad, because I myself am not very defensive, I want to get in and attack before my pokemon faints, not stall it's fainting.

Xatu didn't change much with your sets, all you did was replace Swift for Hidden Power, which is on Jumpluff.

Blissey seems ok, I know it could stand to be better, but Psychic and Shadow Ball are really the typical thing to have on a pokemon who can learn both, unless there's a dark-type move. And I didn't see many options for it. Egg Bomb is a pretty decent STAB, and it's really the best STAB it can learn. Icy Wind isn't the best, but considering the Champion is Lance, it could probably help a bit especially with the speed lowering.

Piloswine isn't too bad, he's got good attack and somewhat decent HP imo, but he's the only ground-type I could really get, plus he's an ice-type to help with Lance. Also it is a ground-type, so wouldn't it naturally have slow speed?

@Wolfram 74:

I guess I could find another grass-type, but I don't like replacing, so I'll have to be really convinced but I do like the sound of Vileplume, if it can learn Giga Drain naturally and it can learn Sludge Bomb and some other good attacks I'll switch it.

Again, I'm not too defensive myself, but I do like Softboiled and the fact it can restore other pokemons HP, although it sacrifices itself, so I'll replace that probably for one of it's physical moves, either Egg Bomb or Shadow Ball, but I'm leaning toward keeping Egg Bomb.

Xatu has Swift to help if Lance tries anything funny with Double Team, plus I couldn't find many other moves to teach, but I'll be glad to do Drill Peck as long as it's not an egg move, I don't know how egg moves work, so I probably won't figure it out by the time I get Silver.

Again I'm not good with egg moves, so Rock Slide probably won't happen on Piloswine. I may give it Rest and Sleep Talk, but I'll see if others like the idea and I'll talk to my friend about it too. Thanks for making me look it up again because that reminded me this is SILVER, and Ice Beam can only be taught in CRYSTAL. *facepalms* As for the item, leftovers would probably work fine on Piloswine, thanks for giving me the suggestion.

Last edited:

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
Ok I gave Feraligatr BlackGlasses to help with Bite, I looked up Lance's team and saw none of his pokemon know Double Team, so I took off Faint Attack on Houndoom, but I don't know what else to give Xatu, so I'm gonna keep Swift. I talked it over with my friend, and we both agreed the RestTalk set was a good option for Piloswine. I really don't know what to give Houndoom, both Sludge Bomb and Mud Slap have their ups and downs, so I don't know which I should have. I went on Smogon to see if I could find a better grass-type, but most sets had a few set-up moves, so I just left Jumpluff like I had it. I'm still stuck on which move to replace for Blissey so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them. Also I REALLY need help with items, once I have the moves and items I can move onto Gold and Crystal and then I'm done!

Status
Not open for further replies.