• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Platinum Team

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Hey guys, it's been a long while since the last time I've been here. Partially due to the lack of time, but also due to troubles I'm having getting on the site. So, I'm just going to post my Platinum team right now, while I can still visit the site. Okay. Some of them have some not-so-favorable moves, but these are only temporary, as I do not feel the need for HM slaves.

Torterra @ Quick Claw
Hardy Nature
Ability: Overgrow
4 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Leech Seed

I may have messed up the EV training a bit, so there may well be a little over 8 HP EV's, but I'm not sure, so I'll just go with 4. I posted Hardy because that's the nature I got it with, and I decided to just stick with it. This is the ONLY pokemon in my party that is actually from my platinum game. Stone Egde>Crunch later on, but for now, Stone Edge.

Empoleon @ Wise Glasses
Modest Nature
Ability: Torrent
4 HP/252 sp.atk/252 sp.def
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Toxic

Again, some extra EV's in HP and some in def may have accidentally gotten mixed in there. I also have Toxic>Agility because I didn't have the pokemon necessary for it to learn Yawn, and well, with a Modest nature, I decided to go with what I had. This was traded over from my Diamond, which is also true for the other 4 pokemon in my party.

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
Ability: Sand Veil
4 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Crunch

Some sp.atk EV's got mixed in there, but I guess they might help out with Fire Blast a little. It's pretty hard to avoid certain battles when you're traveling around and fighting lots of trainers. I couldn't control who I fought, so I couldn't control which EV's my pokemon gained. Still, I tried my best switching around frequently so that my pokemo faced the right opponents. *Swords Dance will take the place of Crunch later on, after I acquire another one.(I used the one I had on a Weavile I'm training)*

Staraptor @ King's Rock
Jolly Nature
Ability: Intimidate
4 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Brave Bird
-Close Combat
-Quick Attack
-U-Turn

I still need Fly to get around, but I'm planning to change it to U-Turn later on, though I am having some doubts on that as well. I really don't want to have HM slaves, and my Staraptor is almost always in my party, so I guess I'll keep this one and just train a different one and give that U-Turn instead. Quick Attack gives STAB, and is a great priority move, when both party's HP is low, or when finishing off a pokemon with low HP remaining.

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Mild Nature
Ability: Blaze
104 atk/152 sp.atk/252 spd
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch

I figured Mild would do, after hatching countless Chimchar with Serious natures. Infernape doesn't have that much defense, anyway. I also didn't get to train it hard enough when it was still a Chimchar, so Nasty Plot was lost. Mach Punch took its place instead of Calm Mind, for the same reason as Staraptor's Quick Attack. EV spread's a bit weird, because I had to face lots of Machop, Machoke, and Machamp along the way.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Ability: Inner Focus
4 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch
-Extremespeed
-Swords Dance

I wanted to get one with a Timid nature, but it was taking too long, so I just went physical. There are now three convenient move tutors hanging aroud Sinnoh, so Ice Punch is now accessible. Extremespeed is there for the same reason as Staraptor's Quick Attack and Infernape's Mach Punch. Foresight is there so Lucario is able to hit Ghost-types with CC and Extremespeed if ever Ice Punch is unavailable.

I also have this that I use from time to time:

Bibarel @ N/A
Docile Nature
Ability: Simple
-Strength
-Rock Climb
-Rock Smash
-Waterfall

I didn't want to have 2 HM slaves, so I gave my Budew Cut, and my Golbat Defog. I just think two pokemon take up too much space in the party.

Well, there you have it. My Platinum team. I'm worried that I may have too many physically-inclined pokemon, so I hope I hope I can fix that. Recap: I've got 1 special, 1 mixed, and 4 physical. Well, I faired pretty well aginast the E4, so I guess I'm okay. Still, I'm hoping to any and all suggestions, and please feel free to include EV's, because I have started EV training. I've gotten 28-straight wins at the BT with my Empoleon, Garchomp, and Lucario, 1 round of rank 10 Ice-type pokemon at the Battle Hall with my Torterra, 14-straight-wins at the Battle Castle using the same 3 above, 1 round(7 battles) at the Battle Arcade with the same 3, and 1 round at the Battle Factory with rentale pokemon. I felt I needed to say this because I don't think it's enough an I feel I've done some things wrong and I hope to improve. Well, what are you waiting for? Rate away! Just don't be too harsh...please?

EDIT: Made a few changes. Torterra now has Stone Edge>Crunch, Garchomp now has Choice Band>Dragon Fang, Staraptor now has U-Turn>Fly, Lucario now has Swords Dance>Foresight, and Lucario's and Staraptor's items have been switched; Staraptor has King's Rock, and Lucario has Life Orb.

Last edited:

CheapChap

DIDDY DONUTS!
I have to say: This team needs little to no improvement. ( feels good amirite?)

For what I can see now, you added on the descriptions almost everything that needs to be changed. For now, I will only say some stuff about Lucario

Foresight, while good on paper, you may not use at all while playing. You could use Swords Dance over that, or even breed for Crunch and change the item to Choice Band / Scarf. SD is generally better, but it's your choice ( no pun ) there. Anyway, Jolly is ok for Lucario, but people only use it to outrun Gliscor and Salamence and hit them with Ice Punch. You probably know that, but I'm just pointing it out: if you don't see they much ( since it's in-game, it can be hard to see them frequently, unlike in WiFi) you might want to change de nature to Adamant.

Oh, you might want to give Infernape Life Orb ( because I don't think he has that much of coverage with your set to make a good use of Expert Belt) and Staraptor Choice Band / Scarf.

Anyway, good team dude! :D

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
I have to say: This team needs little to no improvement. ( feels good amirite?)

For what I can see now, you added on the descriptions almost everything that needs to be changed. For now, I will only say some stuff about Lucario

Foresight, while good on paper, you may not use at all while playing. You could use Swords Dance over that, or even breed for Crunch and change the item to Choice Band / Scarf. SD is generally better, but it's your choice ( no pun ) there. Anyway, Jolly is ok for Lucario, but people only use it to outrun Gliscor and Salamence and hit them with Ice Punch. You probably know that, but I'm just pointing it out: if you don't see they much ( since it's in-game, it can be hard to see them frequently, unlike in WiFi) you might want to change de nature to Adamant.

Oh, you might want to give Infernape Life Orb ( because I don't think he has that much of coverage with your set to make a good use of Expert Belt) and Staraptor Choice Band / Scarf.

Anyway, good team dude! :D

Hehehe, really? I figured there'd be countless flaws, but if you say so...Anywho, I'm trying to bunch up everything I have to say in one message because of connection problems. My Lucario had Foresight before because I didn't get a chance to give it Crunch, so all I had was Quick Attack and Force Palm; not really much use against Fantina, so when it learned Foresight, I just stuck with it. But now, it has Swords Dance. I'm not sure I'd want to breed another one, but I just might because I want one with a Timid nature. I'm thinking of adding a Magnezone on my team so I can a bit more defense and some more sp.atk power. Could I get some help with breeding? I know it's in the Mineral egg group, but it doesn't seem to be able to breed with other pokemon in the same egg group. I already have a Calm nature Claydol, but I can't seem to breed it. Any ideas on how I can get a Calm natured Megnemite? I already have two with Bold and Modest, but their Hidden Powers are both Fighting. That guy at the Exchange corner in Veilstone City sure is a big help and it helps save time; no need to go around testing it. So, any ideas?

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
To get a calm natured magnemite, you could put an everstone on a calm ditto, and do it that way. Other than that, you won't be able to breed him, as he's genderless.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
To get a calm natured magnemite, you could put an everstone on a calm ditto, and do it that way. Other than that, you won't be able to breed him, as he's genderless.

Thanks for the advice, but I haven't had any luck finding a calm natured Ditto. The only one I have at the moment has an Impish nature. But, after lots and lots of tries, I finally managed to get a Calm natured Magnemite, with a Sturdy ability no less. Thanks for the help anyway. Much appreciated.