• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Platinum Team

mew801

Hey, I could use some help with my team please. I am about to face the Elite 4 for the second time with the higher leveled pokemon. I don't care about IV's, Natures, or items, and I don't use non attacking moves, so please do not suggest them. Thanks :)

Garchomp Lvl 80
~Dragon Claw
~Draco Meteor
~Crunch
~Dig

Empoleon Lvl 78
~Surf
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam
~Hydro Pump
I was thinking of replacing Hydro Pump with Flash Cannon, suggestions here would be great thanks.

Luxray Lvl 75
~Thunder Fang
~Discharge
~Crunch
Help here also for a 4th move, and one to replace Thunder Fang, cause I never use it anymore.

Houndoom Lvl 76
~Embargo
~Flamethrower
~Crunch
~Fire Fang
Same as above, I want to replace Fire Fang with another move, as I never use it anymore, and I was wondering if Embargo is a good move to have or if it's just a waste of time.

Staraptor Lvl 75
~Fly
~Close Combat
~Aerial Ace
Not a main pokemon, but just a back up really.

Thanks for your help :)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Garchomp
~Fire Blast
~Earthquake
~Dragon Claw
~Stone Edge

Flash Cannon/Agility over Hydro Pump on Emp.

Luxray
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Fang
~Fire Fang
~Crunch

Houndoom
~Nasty Plot
~Flamethrower
~Dark Pulse
~Will-o-Wisp

Staraptor
~Brave Bird
~Return
~U-Turn
~Close Combat

Nature plays quite a big role, though. That 10% difference can become a big difference in higher level, where your Pokemon's stats are higher.

mew801

Thanks so much for your help :) I will continue to take suggestions though. I know natures play a big part, but I don't have the time or the patience to get the right nature etc, but thanks for your help :)

mew801

I was thinking of adding Leafeon to my team and I was wondering what a good moveset for it would be. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
Leafeon
~X Scissor
~Leaf Blade
~Aerial Ace
~Quick Attack/Swords dance (i know, i know)

Lugiaisbeast

moderately awesome
here are some movesets...

garchomp
dragon claw
earthquake
crunch
stone edge/rockslide

luxray
spark
crunch
discharge
superpower

houndoom
darkpulse
flamethrower
thunder fang
sucker punch

Shinzura

Giant Sunkern
I see a major uncovered weakness. You can easily be killed by ground attacks, and that has its own trainer. I recommend having either a strong, flying pokemon (Staraptor is pretty lame...) probably with a secondary resistance to ice, a good Grass (secondary ice resistance is good, too), or a pokemon with Levitate or Magnet Rise, but the latter would require good speed to avoid getting sweeped

mew801

^That's why I'm now training a Leafeon. Why resistance to ice? There are no Ice types in the league apart from Milotic who might know Ice beam, and even then, Luxray doesn't have a weakness to that, and therefore can kill it.

Shinzura

Giant Sunkern
Milotic is tough. If Luxray doesn't one hit KO it, I can almost guarantee it will Mirror Coat you into oblivion. I have a level 100 Empoleon and surf doesn't do half it's HP BEFORE the second round. I know it is not very effective, but still... Replace thunderbolt with Thunderfang (Luxray's attack is the best choice, not special attack and that negates Mirror Coat). I'm just saying that Milotic is probably the worst Pokemon in the Elite Four (worst as in hardest to beat, not worst as in least valuable)

mew801

^Thanks for the tip, but I did manage to KO Milotic with Luxray first time through. Plus, if Luxray goes out, I always have Leafeon. Of course Empoleons water attacks aren't going to do it much harm. With Luxray and Leafeon we are talking double the damage because of the super effectiveness.

rocky505

Milotic's mirror coat won't harm Luxray as long as it only knows physical moves.

Aurora Valor

Hey, I could use some help with my team please. I am about to face the Elite 4 for the second time with the higher leveled pokemon. I don't care about IV's, Natures, or items, and I don't use non attacking moves, so please do not suggest them. Thanks :)

Garchomp Lvl 80
~Dragon Claw
~Fire Fang
~Crunch
~Earthquake
Draco Meteor might have 210 power on a Chomp, but with a base 80 SpA, your SpA getting lowered by two stages each time you use it, and no type coverage with it, you'd be better off with Fire Fang. EQ over Dig is a must, Dig has like 80 Base Power (120 because of STAB), and it's in two turns, while EQ has 100 (150 with STAB) Power in one turn.

Empoleon Lvl 78
~Surf
~Grass Knot
~Ice Beam
~Hydro Pump/Flash Cannon
I was thinking of replacing Hydro Pump with Flash Cannon, suggestions here would be great thanks.
Flash Cannon is a pretty good idea, EQ isn't. Empoleon hasn't got the stats to use it, and you probably won't send it in against Electric types. Grass Knot rapes Bertha, and since you have a pretty big Ground Weakness, you're going to need that.

Luxray Lvl 75
~Thunder Fang
~Thunderbolt
~Crunch
~No idea, maybe breed Ice Fang on it or something
Help here also for a 4th move, and one to replace Thunder Fang, cause I never use it anymore.
I don't really know about a 4th move, but Thunder Fang is pretty useful, since Lux has a better Atk then SpA. However, there are only two Phys. Electric type moves, Spark and Thunder Fang. I replaced Discharge with Thunderbolt because it has more power and it's more reliable in any Double battles you may enter it in.

Houndoom Lvl 76
~Embargo/Nasty Plot
~Flamethrower
~Crunch/Dark Pulse
~Thunder Fang if you really want
Same as above, I want to replace Fire Fang with another move, as I never use it anymore, and I was wondering if Embargo is a good move to have or if it's just a waste of time.
For Embargo, keep it if you like it. If it was my Houndoom, I would slap Nasty Plot on there. Embargo is pretty decent in the BF, but Doom usually can't take enough hits to use it. You can replace Crunch with Dark Pulse, because Doom's SpA is higher than its Attack. For Fire Fang, you could get Thunder Fang for type coverage against Water and Flying types if you want.

Staraptor Lvl 75
~Brave Bird
~Close Combat
~Aerial Ace
~Return
Fly sucks. Get Brave Bird, way more power, and recoil... Ah well. Also, Return owns on a Staraptor, especially if you have kept it in your party from the beginning.

No problem, glad to help. :)

CheapChap

DIDDY DONUTS!

Garchomp Lvl 80
~Dragon Claw / Outrage
~Fire Blast
~Crunch / Swords Dance
~Earthquake

Fire Blast is better than Draco Meteor here, so you can hit Steels. I'm not suggesting Fire Fang because Physical Walls would laugh at you. Swords Dance can go over Crunch if you want. Outrage if you prefer power, Dragon Claw if you don't like being locked in one move / confusion.

Empoleon Lvl 78
~Surf
~Grass Knot
~Ice Beam
~Hydro Pump

Grass Knot so you can hit other Waters. Flash Cannon doesn't give Empoleon any good coverage, you might want to stick with Hydro Pump to try some OHKO.

Luxray Lvl 75
~Spark
~Superpower
~Crunch
~Ice Fang

Spark > Thunder Fang because of higher accuracy and paralysis chance. Ice Fang for grounds and dragons. Superpower is good to hit steels and rocks.

Houndoom Lvl 76
~Will-O-Wisp
~Flamethrower
~Dark Pulse
~Nasty Plot

Dude, no physical moves on Houndoom. He's a special sweeper. Nasty Plot to raise your Satk, WoW to burn physical threats.

Staraptor Lvl 75
~U-Turn
~Close Combat
~Brave Bird
~Return / Quick Attack

Standard set is standard.

Changes in bold.

mew801

Thanks for your help guys, I will take into account all your ideas, just some help on Leafeon now would be great, I was thinking something like :

Leafeon Lvl 75
~Leaf Blade
~Aerial Ace
~X-Scissor
~???

Not sure what to put as a 4th move. Any suggestions?

Shinzura

Giant Sunkern
Sword's Dance. Great for Leafeon's attack

shayminskyform

shaymin trainer
either sunny day for leafeons ability leaf guard or bulk up so that you wont have to worry about getting killed while your charging your stats

^ Swords Dance also increases Attack twice as fast as Bulk Up, making it the preferable choice In-Game. Swords Dance > Bulk Up. And Sunny Day wouldn't help the rest of the Team.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
I agree there. Swords Dance is a much better choice for Leafeon, whether it be in-game or not (considering he's one of my faves, I'm glad I know how he's needed to be used).

If you really wish to use Leafeon's ability, though, it'd be best to use it with 2-on-2 battles and with a Pokemon who can use Sunny Day throughout the battle. Otherwise, stick with Swords Dance if Leafeon's going mano-a-mano.

mew801

Awesome thanks for all your help. Final moveset for Leafeon.

Leafeon Lvl 75
~Leaf Blade
~Aerial Ace
~X-Scissor
~Swords Dance

Master_89

Pokemon Master
I was thinking of adding Leafeon to my team and I was wondering what a good moveset for it would be. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

I would suggest Roserade rather than leafeon, IMO its just better