• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My poison team

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Ok, this is my first 5th gen team, I've used it a bit and it works but there may be room for improvements...

Venomoth @ Focus Sash;049;
Ability: Sheild Dust
Nature: Timid (+ Speed -Attack)
EVs: 252 speed - 252 HP - 4 defence
Moves:
Sleep powder
Toxic spikes
Quiver dance
Baton Pass
Sleep Powder puts the opponent to sleep, Toxic Spikes badly poisons the whole team, Quiver Dance sets up and Baton Pass passes all of those quivers to suicune. Sheild dust prevents statuses and flinching.

Suicune @ Leftovers;245;
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold (+ Defence -Attack)
EVs: 252 Defence - 252 Sp defence - 4 HP
Moves:
Ice Beam
Toxic
Reflect
Rest
Stalls the opponent while they die of toxic. Ice beam is coverage against grasses andstops me from becoming taunt bait. Rest is rest and Reflect to deal with physical damage. Leftovers is for extra healing and Pressure can ruin the opponent. Toxic is in case toxic spikes fail.

Infernape @ Shell Bell;392;
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Sp attack - 196 Speed - 60 HP
Moves:
Substitute
Stealth Rock
Heat Wave
Focus Blast
Stealth Rock annoys the opponent. Heat Wave and Focus Blast are unexpected special STAB moves that can heal because I have a Shell Bell. Substitute is a filler and can nearly cripple 5 PP moves. 196 Speed outruns neutral starmie and there's no point going any higher than that.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf;385;
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Jolly (+ Speed -Sp Attack)
EVs: 252 speed - 252 attack - 4 HP
Moves:
Iron Head
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunder punch
Does some more stalling with Iron Head. The rest are for statuses if something avoids bad poison.

Krookodile @ Muscle Band:553:
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 attack - 252 speed - 4 HP
Moves:
Earthquake
Crunch
Dragon Tail
Fire Fang
My main Physical. Earthquake is STAB as is Crunch. Dragon Tail to muck the opponent up. Fire Fang is coverage and may get a nice boost from the sun.

Bouffalant @ Life Orb:626:
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Adamant (+Attack -Sp Attack)
EVs: 252 Attack - 252 Defence - 4 HP
Moves:
Taunt
Earthquake
Megahorn
Head Charge
This is my ferrothorn counter. It uses taunt to put off stealth rock, it is then forced to switch or power up my earthquakes with power whip (sap sipper). The defence is just in case it has gyro ball which wont be powered up by curse. Head Charge is STAB and Megahorn is for darks/pychics/levatating ghosts.

I don't really know how good it is but hopefully putting it up here will improve it greatly. Please rate!:)
Thanks for the advice so far! ( this place has been invaded by Aquatic Abyss members!)

Last edited:

Shuckle

EverydayI'mShucklin'
Venomoth likes Baton Pass, Toxic Spikes, and Quiver Dance, but as a general rule it does not like combining them with Sleep Powder because of Taunt. Try Psychic instead, or maybe Bug Buzz for STAB, whichever takes your bacon.

Also, Suicune wants Calm Mind, not Reflect. Physical defense, boosted as it is by your nature, is fine as is, and Calm Mind can help Sp. Def along while also boosting your two offensive moves.

Roar is fantastic with SR and DubSpikes, because it means that more will be affected before a spinner appears. You can keep it or replace it, but Krookodile's best option is Swagger + Foul Play. Gives me shivers...anyway, don't forget to add in some of Krookodile's fantastic moveset. It gets access to Stone Edge, which is nice, but also Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Outrage, and Brick Break. Rest...is unnecessary, especially without Sleep Talk, which you also don't want because of the slot it occupies.

Everything else is just fine.

By the way, it's spelled "P-S-Y-C-H-I-C". Just putting that out there.

For Krookodile you can change his ability to Moxie and make him a scarf set.

Possibly with the standard 252 attack / 252 speed evs with

Crunch | Earthquake | Fire Fang or Brick Break | Stone Edge.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Venomoth likes Baton Pass, Toxic Spikes, and Quiver Dance, but as a general rule it does not like combining them with Sleep Powder because of Taunt. Try Psychic instead, or maybe Bug Buzz for STAB, whichever takes your bacon.

Also, Suicune wants Calm Mind, not Reflect. Physical defense, boosted as it is by your nature, is fine as is, and Calm Mind can help Sp. Def along while also boosting your two offensive moves.

Roar is fantastic with SR and DubSpikes, because it means that more will be affected before a spinner appears. You can keep it or replace it, but Krookodile's best option is Swagger + Foul Play. Gives me shivers...anyway, don't forget to add in some of Krookodile's fantastic moveset. It gets access to Stone Edge, which is nice, but also Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Outrage, and Brick Break. Rest...is unnecessary, especially without Sleep Talk, which you also don't want because of the slot it occupies.

Ok, the Venomoth will fail without Sleep Powder though. If a Whimsicott appears then I always switch to Infernape. Suicune gets the same boosts from calm mind as it does from quiver dance ( it's generally suicune I switch in) so I want to make it a bit fairer.

Considering all of your ideas I will change Krookodile, I've already done a scarfer so thats no option. So you want moxie. I'm not going to change it quite yet ( I want a few more opinions) but I've got it all written down.

Shuckle

EverydayI'mShucklin'
AAH! AAH!

BLUE NO LIKEY QUOTE-QUOTE!

Anyway, it's really not about the Whimsicott. The point is, you're going to be stuck as Pointless Pest if anything gets you with Taunt, not to mention that Venomoth may quite likely be your very. Last. Man. Standing. In which case, you would want him to attack at least a little bit. And Toxic Spikes + Sleep Powder is the Pokemon equivalent to having your cake and eating it, too. Srsly, rly. Psychic/Bug Buzz, take ya pick. :D

Golden Jet

Dark Tamer
Ok, this is my first 5th gen team, I've used it a bit and it works but there may be room for improvements...

Venomoth @ Focus Sash;049;
Ability: Sheild Dust
EVs: 252 speed - 252 HP - 4 defence
Moves:
bug buzz
Toxic spikes
Quiver dance
Baton Pass
Sleep Powder puts the opponent to sleep, Toxic Spikes badly poisons the whole team, Quiver Dance sets up and Baton Pass passes all of those quivers to suicune.

So it can do something once everyone else dies

Suicune @ Leftovers;245;
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold (+ Defence -Attack)
EVs: 252 Defence - 252 Sp defence - 4 HP
Moves:
Ice beam
surf
Reflect
Rest
Stalls the opponent while they die of toxic. Blizzard for grass coverage and Hydro Pump for STAB. Rest is rest and Reflect to deal with physical damage. Leftovers is for extra healing and Pressure can ruin the opponent.

surf and ice beam have beetter accuracy if your toxic stalling

Infernape @ Shell Bell;392;
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Sp attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
Moves:
Substitute
Stealth Rock
Heat Wave
Focus Blast
Stealth Rock annoys the opponent. Heat Wave and Focus Blast are unexpected special STAB moves that can heal because I have a Shell Bell. Substitute is a filler and can nearly cripple 5 PP moves.

great suprise factor. espeacily when you get free sub up when they switch

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf;385;
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 speed - 252 attack - 4 HP
Moves:
Iron Head
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Thunder punch
Does some more stalling with Iron Head. The rest are for statuses if something avoids bad poison.

another good set

Krookodile @ life orb:553:
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Adament
EVs: 252 attack - 252 speed - 4 HP
Moves:
Earthquake
Crunch
stone edge
dragon tail
My main Physical. Earthquake is an all round powerful move. Crunch is for coverege. Roar and Rest are... awful moves, so is Chesto Berry...
Could you give some advice? I've already got a few ideas but I'll see if yours are the same as mine because peer assesment is better than self assesment.

that set is a better sweeping set and you still get PHazing ability

Bouffalant @ Life Orb:626:
Ability: reckless
Nature: Adamant (+Attack -Sp Attack)
EVs: 252 Attack - 252 Defence - 4 HP
Moves:
Taunt
Earthquake
wild charge/ stone edge
Head charge
This is my ferrothorn counter. It uses taunt to put off stealth rock, it is then forced to switch or power up my earthquakes with power whip (sap sipper). The defence is just in case it has gyro ball which wont be powered up by curse. Thrash is STAB and Megahorn is for darks/pychics/levatating ghosts.

head charge has same power and is increased from reckless

I don't really know how good it is but hopefully putting it up here will improve it greatly. Please rate!:)

you have a good team

Shuckle

EverydayI'mShucklin'
NO! No want EdgeQuake here. SwagPlay is so much better, and Dragon Tail and Earthquake take the other slots.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Can I just say that sleep powder is so I don't die while setting up, if I didn't the opponent would kill me after like, 2 moves.
@ Goldon Jet- Bouffalant needs sap sipper because otherwise it isn't a very good counter for ferothorn. You should have read it. And after a few quiver dances hydro pump and blizzard become insanely powerful, and plus my normal tactic is to use reflect then go to sleep and kill them while I'm sleeping. The attacks are only there to piss the opponent off even if they get rid of toxic spikes.
@All- What should krookodile's ability be? And item? I've already got a life orb on something.

Last edited:

Skydra

As someone said, replace Blizzard with Ice Beam. Blizzard hits about 2/3 of the time, so:
3 turns of Blizzard with one miss= 240 power
3 turns of Ice Beam= 285 power

Edit: And also if the team is centered around Toxic stalling, a few Pokemon should actually carry Toxic. With Venomoth's speed, which is only decent, and Sleep Powder's accuracy, you'll come up against stuff that could remove your only chance at spiking.

Last edited:

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
As someone said, replace Blizzard with Ice Beam. Blizzard hits about 2/3 of the time, so:
3 turns of Blizzard with one miss= 240 power
3 turns of Ice Beam= 285 power

I don't normally use the moves more than one or two times, although a good idea may be to have ice beam and hydro pump, so if they avoid poison, I can freeze them.

Znyper

I suggest adding another Poke with Toxic onto the team. It would keep POISON in play even after a Poison type/rapid spinner switched in. Along the same vein, a defensive spin blocker (Dusclops@eviolite, Cofagrigus, Jellicent) wouldkeep Toxic Spikes in longer. As for Krookodile, if you are unsure about it (and it isn't important to your team) replace it. I'm sure that there are better Physical attackers. If you keep it try a different moveset.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
—Earthquake
—Crunch
—Stone Edge/Rock Slide
—Dragon Claw/Brick Break

A standard choice bander, the idea for this set os to get in, hit hard, and switch out. Krook's two immunities (Psychic and Electric) and Intimidate allow it to switch in often. Earthquake and Crunch are the STABs, netting decent coverage with each other, especially alongside Stone Edge. Dragon Claw handles Dragon-types, but Brick Break is your best bet against Poke with Reflect.

I don't normally use the moves more than one or two times, although a good idea may be to have ice beam and hydro pump, so if they avoid poison, I can freeze them.

Ice Beam will rarely freeze, and even if it does, FROZEN is a crappy status.

Last edited:
Krookodile @Muscle Band
Moxie
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Fang/Rock Slide

This is my prefered Krookodile set. To me, Swagger+Foul Play seems like too much of a risk

With Moxie and Krookodile's high Attack stat, he should be able to knock out some opponents, the have Moxie rise his attack even more.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Krookodile @Muscle Band
Moxie
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Fang/Rock Slide

This is my prefered Krookodile set. To me, Swagger+Foul Play seems like too much of a risk

With Moxie and Krookodile's high Attack stat, he should be able to knock out some opponents, the have Moxie rise his attack even more.
Ok, thanks! I was getting dubious about that chance of the opponent having awful attack. Fire Fang to cover three weaknesses (lol). I've already got Dragon Tail which may be more useful in keeping a moxie chain going.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks! I was getting dubious about that chance of the opponent having awful attack. Fire Fang to cover three weaknesses (lol). I've already got Dragon Tail which may be more useful in keeping a moxie chain going.

You mean Dragon Claw right? Dragon Tail has low priority and makes your opponent switch out.

I prefer Dragon Claw over Dragon Tail, Dragon Tail has low pirority, less damage, and has 90 % accuracy.

Head Charge is better than Thrash, it gets boosted by Reckless and you won't get confused.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I prefer Dragon Claw over Dragon Tail, Dragon Tail has low pirority, less damage, and has 90 % accuracy.

Head Charge is better than Thrash, it gets boosted by Reckless and you won't get confused.

I don't think you're getting that I want the opponent to switch, however thinking about it head charge may be a good idea as it doesn't lock. I didn't like the recil at first. Plus I am not doing reckless as the whole set is designed to counter ferrothorn with sap sipper, taunt and earthquake.

:626:Roar!:598:_________
-----------------/:(_______/
At that point ferrothorn tried to run away but due to it's abyssamal speed it failed. It then tried to retaliate at bouffalant but it only raised the power of the devastating earthquake that was about to rage across the land. Ferrothorn died in this earthquake and it's body was never found.
R.I.P. Ferrothorn, your death was greatly appriciated!
:club:LOL HE'S DEAD!

MilesEdgeworth

Ace Attorney
Trick and body slam on jirachi over thunderpunch and fire punch so you can trick the scarf and paralize with body slam