• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Pokémon Comic Strip Lives Again!

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
My Pokémon Comic Strip Lives Again!

http://pokemoncomicstrip.smackjeeves.com/comics/

Remember back in 2005 when I posted a series of rather poorly-drawn "Pokémon" comic strips based on the anime's plot? Well, I've refined my drawing ability since then, modified a few gags, and begun the comic all over again. I don't know how long it'll run this time, but hopefully I can keep it going longer than three-and-a-half weeks.

Right now, only the first installment is up, but I'll be posting a new one every day, so keep an eye out!

EvilPikachu79

Congrats! You Fail!
Not bad. It has a very interesting style of drawing. Plus it actually goes by the anime storyline. I'll definetly keep checking this out.

EvilPikachu79

Congrats! You Fail!
Not bad. A funny one. I like how you explained why his mom didn't wake him up. I always wondered why.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Installment the third: http://pokemoncomicstrip.smackjeeves.com/comics/471175/4-2-97/

One thing I've tried to do is make some comics look like moments that we didn't see in the show. This one, however, never really clicked for me, since it's a major plot point and I pretty much had to adapt it straight and force a joke into it. I got better at adapting those moments later on, but this first one never seemed all that funny to me. Your mileage may vary.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Your interpretation of Pikachu's cute, and I especially like how he reacted when Ash called him a rat.

EvilPikachu79

Congrats! You Fail!
Lolz great as usual. I love Pikachu's face and how Prof. Oak doesn't do anything about it.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Saturday's strip, in which I introduce Gary: http://pokemoncomicstrip.smackjeeves.com/comics/473258/4-5-97/
The anime made it look like Gary and Ash were meeting for the first time outside Oak's lab, but that pretty much clashes with everything else we know about them, so I turned them back into longtime childhood rivals.

Coming tomorrow: a full-color Sunday strip!

alli940

I can see you
I think you may have to release more than one a day to keep people interested if it will keep in sync with the show.

id ont think so. this is like a comic you see on a news paper. plus most comic takes days so i think this is the fastes a comic has ever been.

i like your comics. youve got potentual (sorry of not spelld right). its like the real mangas but better.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Thanks, folks! And yeah, I'm sticking to the one-a-day method - not only is it more accurate to the format of a newspaper strip, but it's all I have time for (drawing two or three comics a day would probably wear me into the ground).

Anyway, here's the first Sunday strip: http://pokemoncomicstrip.smackjeeves.com/comics/473961/4-6-97-sunday/
I'm still trying to adapt the characters' designs to my style. It's not all that easy for Pikachu to put his hands over his ears like he does in the last panel here.

EvilPikachu79

Congrats! You Fail!
I really like that it is in colour. It makes the comic easier to read and see. Great job.

Beco

Beware...
This comic is very good. It's well drawn and has good humor.
I just love how you make fun of the tv show.

My guess is that we'll only see those long colored versions on sundays, like a normal newspaper strip.

I'll be waiting to see the next one.