• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Pokémon Y Team!

Torpoleon

My Pokémon Y Team!

Now that the Generation VI IGRMT Section is up, I figured I'd have my team rated. I wont be breeding any of them or switching them out, so please don't request Egg Moves, Natures, etc. Here it is:

658.png

Gamabunta/Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Torrent
-Surf
-Dark Pulse
-Mat Block
-Ice Beam

Got Surf & Dark Pulse as powerful STAB moves. Ice Beam for coverage. Mat Block is incredibly helpful for double/triples. Focus Sash because it has pretty good Special Attack, but it has low Defenses (lowest Special Defense on my team and second lowest Defense on my team; pretty sure Gogoat has lower Defense, though it has much more HP). I wish it could have Protean, but I wasn't about to get rid of my starter.

006.png

Hokage/Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze/Tough Claws
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Flare Blitz & Dragon Claw for STAB. Eathquake is a great coverage move that works well in doubles/triples. Swords Dance because of the free turn from Mat Block.

673.png

Motorgoat/Gogoat @ Muscle Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Leaf Blade is obvious STAB. Earthquake & Rock Slide give coverage to a bunch of moves, including most, if not all, of its weaknesses. Protect against Earthquake and such. Muscle Band increases power.

681.png

Master Sword/Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance

Probably the most basic Aegislash set and I'm sure everyone knows this. I probably wont need to explain it, but I will. Leftovers is to recover any lost HP. King's Shield helps that, in addition to be able to lower the foe's Attack if they use a move that makes contact. Shadow Sneak is for STAB and is great because Aegislash is kinda slow. Sacred Sword is coverage and Swords Dance makes it even more powerful.

330.png

Goggles Jr/Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Dragon Claw & EQ are for STAB. I need Fly and wont be taking it off. Went with Fire Blast because of its awesome power. I don't find 85 accuracy to be too bad. I don't find the health lost to Life Orb to be too bad considering it boosts all moves power.

695.png

Helios/Heliolisk @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Dry Skin
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Thunderbolt for obvious STAB. Surf gives coverage against Ground types. Dark Pulse is filler. Protect against Earthquake. Life Orb because its Special Attack isn't that high.

So, that's my team! Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully you guys can come up with some good and helpful suggestions!
658.png
006.png
673.png
681.png
330.png
695.png

Last edited:

chap196

For Greninja
I would rather use Focus Sash on Greninja than Wise Glasses, it didn't increased a lot if attack and Focus Sash allows Greninja to kill Talonflame.

For Charizard
Is this team for double? If it isn't then you would want Flamethrower or Fire Blast instead. You could actually get Dragon Pulse from breeding, but since you don't want to do it, I would replace Dragon Claw with Focus Blast since its Attack and Special Attack are a big differences.

I would rather give Gogoat Leftover and give Aegislash Lum Berry as Will-O-Wisp will ruin it completely

Hope this help

coolerdynastic

If your Gredninja has the hidden ability Protean, every attack it posses is a STAB move

Torpoleon

For Greninja
I would rather use Focus Sash on Greninja than Wise Glasses, it didn't increased a lot if attack and Focus Sash allows Greninja to kill Talonflame.

For Charizard
Is this team for double? If it isn't then you would want Flamethrower or Fire Blast instead. You could actually get Dragon Pulse from breeding, but since you don't want to do it, I would replace Dragon Claw with Focus Blast since its Attack and Special Attack are a big differences.

I would rather give Gogoat Leftover and give Aegislash Lum Berry as Will-O-Wisp will ruin it completely

Hope this help
Focus Sash actually seems like a good idea. Greninja isn't that great at taking hits. I might have one in my bag, though of not, I could easily get one from the Battle Maison. Will think about Focus Blast too.

Charizard does have much better Special Attack. Only problem with Focus Blast is its accuracy, but I'll still think about it.

Leftovers on Gogoat might be a good idea, though I think I'll stick with Leftovers on Aegislash. I'll see if I can find a second one in the game. Thanks for the suggestions!

If your Gredninja has the hidden ability Protean, every attack it posses is a STAB move
I know, but mine has Torrent and I wasn't going to get rid of my starter.

I'll update the first post later with some of the suggestions.

KillerDraco

In all honesty, Mega Charizard Y seems a bit... out of place on your team. Not only does most of your team not benefit from Drought, but in fact four of the five remaining Pokemon are actually hindered by it. Greninja's STAB is weakened, Heliolisk's Dry Skin causes him to lose HP, and Gogoat and Aegislash have their fire weakness compounded by doubling the power of fire moves. Plus, it seems like a bad idea having to do a weather war on your own team; alternating between Gogoat's rain and MegaZard Y's sun could run into problems.

I'd honestly consider MegaZard X instead, simply due to the fact that it doesn't screw over so much of the rest of your team with its weather. Though that would make you a bit more physically heavy (unless you go mixed, but MegaZard X does favor physical due to Tough Claws and whatnot).

I've also got some concerns about the lack of Protect on your team. You're mentioning how you usually do Doubles/Triples, but the most universally useful move for Doubles/Triples is nowhere to be found (okay, technically we could count Aegislash's King's Shield, but still). I'd honestly drop Rain Dance on Gogoat for Protect, and drop HP Steel on Heliolisk for Protect as well. Honestly, if you're doing doubles/triples, the rain recovery from Dry Skin isn't all that useful, since Doubles/Triples are more fast paced to the point where Heliolisk probably won't survive long enough to notice significant recovery. I'd also consider replacing Air Balloon with Life Orb; Heliolisk's power is rather underwhelming considering it can't boost, and Protect can allow it to evade Earthquakes anyway. Besides, Fake Out is pretty common in doubles and it'll pop that Balloon in a heartbeat. And it goes without saying that with no rain, Thunderbolt would be considered over Thunder.

Torpoleon

In all honesty, Mega Charizard Y seems a bit... out of place on your team. Not only does most of your team not benefit from Drought, but in fact four of the five remaining Pokemon are actually hindered by it. Greninja's STAB is weakened, Heliolisk's Dry Skin causes him to lose HP, and Gogoat and Aegislash have their fire weakness compounded by doubling the power of fire moves. Plus, it seems like a bad idea having to do a weather war on your own team; alternating between Gogoat's rain and MegaZard Y's sun could run into problems.

I'd honestly consider MegaZard X instead, simply due to the fact that it doesn't screw over so much of the rest of your team with its weather. Though that would make you a bit more physically heavy (unless you go mixed, but MegaZard X does favor physical due to Tough Claws and whatnot).

I've also got some concerns about the lack of Protect on your team. You're mentioning how you usually do Doubles/Triples, but the most universally useful move for Doubles/Triples is nowhere to be found (okay, technically we could count Aegislash's King's Shield, but still). I'd honestly drop Rain Dance on Gogoat for Protect, and drop HP Steel on Heliolisk for Protect as well. Honestly, if you're doing doubles/triples, the rain recovery from Dry Skin isn't all that useful, since Doubles/Triples are more fast paced to the point where Heliolisk probably won't survive long enough to notice significant recovery. I'd also consider replacing Air Balloon with Life Orb; Heliolisk's power is rather underwhelming considering it can't boost, and Protect can allow it to evade Earthquakes anyway. Besides, Fake Out is pretty common in doubles and it'll pop that Balloon in a heartbeat. And it goes without saying that with no rain, Thunderbolt would be considered over Thunder.
I usually save Charizard for last and never really looked into getting the X stone and don't think I will. Maybe I might change my mind one day and decide to get one from my brother or one of my friends.

Never actually thought about Protect on Gogoat or Heliolisk, but now that you bring it up, that seems like a good idea, as well as the Life Orb on Heliolisk. And then of course Thunderbolt over Thunder for that too.

Thanks for the suggestions!

EDIT: Updated the first post with suggestions I liked. Most of these changes haven't officially taken effect yet because I haven't gotten around to playing my game yet and need a lot of BP for some of these.

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Seconding what was said about Charizard Y. Even if you do usually use it last, there might come a time when you're required to use it before you intended, and if you need to use another Poké after that... yeah, doesn't bode well, especially in a double battle, since one of those unlucky 'Mons has to be paired with the thing anyway (imagine being left with Charizard Y and Greninja, or Charizard Y and Heliolsk, for example.) Of course, if you just don't Mega Evolve it right off the bat, that won't necessarily be a problem. You just gotta know when to evolve. It's kind of a waste not to have a Pokémon you can Mega evolve in battle, though.

Aaaand I'm also seconding replacing Dragon Claw with something. Charizard's attack isn't that awesome compared to its Special Attack, especially when you go Mega. And with Focus Blast, you have a chance against rock types, even if the sun isn't out. You might also wanna consider Grass Knot instead of Extrasensory on Greninja, to deal with other 'Ninjas and water types.

Torpoleon

Seconding what was said about Charizard Y. Even if you do usually use it last, there might come a time when you're required to use it before you intended, and if you need to use another Poké after that... yeah, doesn't bode well, especially in a double battle, since one of those unlucky 'Mons has to be paired with the thing anyway (imagine being left with Charizard Y and Greninja, or Charizard Y and Heliolsk, for example.) Of course, if you just don't Mega Evolve it right off the bat, that won't necessarily be a problem. You just gotta know when to evolve. It's kind of a waste not to have a Pokémon you can Mega evolve in battle, though.

Aaaand I'm also seconding replacing Dragon Claw with something. Charizard's attack isn't that awesome compared to its Special Attack, especially when you go Mega. And with Focus Blast, you have a chance against rock types, even if the sun isn't out. You might also wanna consider Grass Knot instead of Extrasensory on Greninja, to deal with other 'Ninjas and water types.
Still not sure if I want to switch to to Charizard X, but I'll consider it. If I did, I could still stick with Dragon Claw, right? Also, about Grass Knot on Greninja, even though that hits against other Greninjas, I think I'll stick with Extrasensory because that deals with one of its weaknesses, Fighting.

If you play doubles/triples, put Mat Block on your Greninja.
I have considered that, but not sure if I want to go through with that or not.

chap196

If this was for Double, I wouldn't recommend Shadow Sneak on Aegislash, as the other Pokemon that didn't get hit by Shadow Sneak will be able to OHKO Aegislash easily.

If you are playing Mega Charizard X, I would Recommend this moveset

Charizard
Item: Charizardite X
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Blaze/ Solar Power to Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Moveset
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw/ Outrage
Flare Blitz
Earthquake

Dragon Claw/ Outrage + Flare Blitz can hit at least neutral coverages on all Pokemon, but Heatran and Azumarill, Earthquake deal 4x damage to Heatran and can easily kill it, while deal neutral damage to Azumarill. Dragon Dance raises its Attack and Speed which allows it to sweep your opponent team after 2 Dragon Dances.

Greninja can run Mat Block to give Mega Charizard X a free Dragon Dance.

Hope this help

Torpoleon

If this was for Double, I wouldn't recommend Shadow Sneak on Aegislash, as the other Pokemon that didn't get hit by Shadow Sneak will be able to OHKO Aegislash easily.

If you are playing Mega Charizard X, I would Recommend this moveset

Charizard
Item: Charizardite X
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Blaze/ Solar Power to Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Moveset
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw/ Outrage
Flare Blitz
Earthquake

Dragon Claw/ Outrage + Flare Blitz can hit at least neutral coverages on all Pokemon, but Heatran and Azumarill, Earthquake deal 4x damage to Heatran and can easily kill it, while deal neutral damage to Azumarill. Dragon Dance raises its Attack and Speed which allows it to sweep your opponent team after 2 Dragon Dances.

Greninja can run Mat Block to give Mega Charizard X a free Dragon Dance.

Hope this help
I have found Shadow Sneak very useful, so I think I'll be sticking with it.

The Charizard X set you posted looks interesting and if I did decide to use the X stone, I might consider that set. Also still considering Mat Block on Greninja.

chap196

I have found Shadow Sneak very useful, so I think I'll be sticking with it.

The Charizard X set you posted looks interesting and if I did decide to use the X stone, I might consider that set. Also still considering Mat Block on Greninja.

You can keep Shadow Sneak if you pair Aegislash with a sweeper (like Mega Charizard X). I would lead with Greninja and Mega Charizard X and would let Greninja use Mat Block on the first turn to give Mega Charizard X a free Dragon Dance.

Torpoleon

You can keep Shadow Sneak if you pair Aegislash with a sweeper (like Mega Charizard X). I would lead with Greninja and Mega Charizard X and would let Greninja use Mat Block on the first turn to give Mega Charizard X a free Dragon Dance.
That does sound like a good strategy and I think I might consider that!

EDIT: Updated the first post with someone of the suggestions and I ran into a problem. Charizard can only learn Dragon Dance from breeding, but I wont be doing breeding, so that isn't an option. Should I give it Swords Dance? Doesn't boost its speed, but it does give the Attack a bigger boost than DD, so it might be worth a shot from Mat Block. If Charizard used Earthquake on the turn that Greninja used Mat Block, would Greninja get hurt by it?

By the way, I wont have to worry about items like the Focus Sash going away in the Battle Maison and battles with friends, right?

Last edited:

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
No, I don't think you will. If you're worried about Aegislash's speed, why don't you try Autotomize? I think it lowers defense but it raises speed greatly so it could work great and I think it learns it naturally. It also might be a good idea to put Horn Leech on Gogoat to make it last much longer since it could probably take some hits and then regain HP. I would get rid of Dark Pulse on Heliolisk and try a Normal type STAB like Return and pair it with Greninja to heal HP with Dry Skin. Other than that team looks great to me.

chap196

No, I don't think you will. If you're worried about Aegislash's speed, why don't you try Autotomize? I think it lowers defense but it raises speed greatly so it could work great and I think it learns it naturally. It also might be a good idea to put Horn Leech on Gogoat to make it last much longer since it could probably take some hits and then regain HP. I would get rid of Dark Pulse on Heliolisk and try a Normal type STAB like Return and pair it with Greninja to heal HP with Dry Skin. Other than that team looks great to me.

Return isn't a good move on Heliolisk, Heliolisk has only 55 base Attack which is very low compared to its Special Attack which is 109, Heliolisk doesn't work as a Mixed Attacker. Dark Pulse is already fine.

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
Darn, sorry I haven't used one and I didn't know. I was just suggesting another strategy that would take advantage of Dry Skin. I think it could work if he wanted to try and figure it out. I guess the set he's got already works, I just like water type and Dry Skin combos.

Torpoleon

Yeah, Return really isn't a good idea. Just Surf from Greninja will probably restore a lot of HP Helilolisk might lose.

Figured I'd stick with Leaf Blade over Horn Leech due to Leaf Blade being much stronger. Wont be giving Aegislash Autotomize. I think Shadow Sneak is a good idea because if I need to finish off an opponent quickly, I have that and if I just want to deal decent damage, I could use Sacred Sword and since Aegislash is slow, it will probably attack last and thus take not as much damage in Shield Form. Really would like two moves that could do kind of "different" things for Aegislash, if that makes sense.

In any case, my plans for my team on my first post are all up to date. Haven't gotten a Charizardite X yet, but I will soon (thus some changes still haven't happened in my game yet).