• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

my Pokemon Black team of awesomeness

xobybr

just a team i made in my black version after i beat the E4. i am hoping for this to be my amazing team of awesomeness. its not quite done though but i want some outside opinions from smart people here about it. thanks in advance for all the help and stuff you might provide.

The Team:
1. Aggron lvl 49 (Docile) @Metal Coat
Rock Head
-Iron Tail
-Head Smash
-Bulldoze
-Iron Head

2. Lucario lvl 48 (Hardy)
Inner Focus
-Force Palm
-Blaze Kick
-Swords Dance
-Focus Blast

3. Gyrados lvl 49 (Jolly) @Mystic Water
Intimidate
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Aqua Tail

4. Gengar lvl 48 (Relaxed) @Spell Tag
Levitate
-Hypnosis
-Focus Blast
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball

5. Charizard lvl 49(Hasty) @Charcoal
Blaze
-Fly
-Dragon Claw
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast

6. Dragonair lvl 48 (Naive) @Dragon Fang
Shed Skin
-Agility
-Aqua Tail
-Dragon Rush
-Thunderbolt

Last edited:
just a team i made in my black version after i beat the E4. i am hoping for this to be my amazing team of awesomeness. its not quite done though but i want some outside opinions from smart people here about it. thanks in advance for all the help and stuff you might provide.

The Team:
1. Aggron (Docile) @ Leftovers
Rock Head
-Brick Break
-Head Smash
-Curse
-Iron Head

Hyper Beam and Hyper Beam-esque moves are poor, as they give your opponent a free turn to hit you or set up. So, this is a set I rather like.

2. Lucario (Hardy) @ Life Orb
Inner Focus
-Close Combat/B]
-Blaze Kick
-Swords Dance
-Crunch

3. Gyrados (Quiet) @Life Orb
Intimidate
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Waterfall

Gyarados has a terrible Special Attack stat.

4. Haunter (Relaxed) @Spell Tag
Levitate
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball

Good.

5. Charizard (Hasty) @Charcoal
Blaze
-Fly
-Dragon Claw
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Dance

Blast Burn is a poor move in general.

6. Pupitar (Naughty) @ Leftovers
Shed Skin
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Strength
-Stone Edge

Crunch is far better than Bite, and Pupitar is physically oriented. Strength is for HM use.

Comments in bold.

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Destry your Gyarados NOW! Quiet boost special attack, but lower's speed, it should be the opposite and be Jolly which boosts speed and lower's special attack, or adamant. Get rid of hyper beam and moves like that, the turn lost can be fatal.Pupitar should be evolve and physical based. If you are to have Haunter put Eviolite on it. Should get rid of it all together though.

xobybr

thank you for the input. im sorta new at making good movesets and stuff for battleing and stuff. i always used moves that did damage. but yeah, ill try and level them up to learn crunch and all those other moves. the pokemon are only lvls 43-45 but im still working on them. thank you very much

Guys, go easy on him. He's a bit new and isn't competitive. Anyway, I don't wanna go into this too much, but try running sets that benefit from the stats. For example, a Latios is leaned more towards Special Attack than Attack, so teach it Special moves. That's all I'll give since too much detail can be confusing.

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
wasn't being mean, just the gyarados was a bit..... meh, but when you get a pokemon, go onto the stat page. One should be red one should be blue, red mean's it's increased, blue means it decreased. If none are coloured that's alright it just means that none are affected.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Pretty much everything you have can set up; make something that doesn't rely on a boosting move.
Spr_5b_130_m.png

]Gyarados@Choice Scarf
]Jolly | Moxie
192Atk | 202Spe | 66Hp
• Aqua Tail / Waterfall
• Earthquake
• Bounce / Ice Fang
• Stone Edge

This set will literally set up for you, just keep KOing with powerful Same Type Attack Boost(STAB) moves such as Aqua Tail, Waterfall or Bounce. Aqua Tail has more power but less accuracy, but Waterfall is reliable and has a flinch chance. Earthquake will make quick work of electric types, who won't outrun you if you run Jolly and at least 202 speed EVs. 192Atk is a jump point, so you get +2 in your attack stat for the price of one; the rest will go into Hp to make him a little bulkier. It's a bit more important due to the lack of Intimidate.

Spr_5b_006.png

]Charizard@Leftovers/Choice Specs
]Timid | Blaze/Solar Power
252Sp.A | 252Spe | 6Def
• Flamethrower / Fire Blast / Overheat
• Air Slash
• Hidden Power [Grass] / Solar Beam
• Focus Blast

This works fantastically in the sun, so if you have a Drought Ninetails/Vulpix, consider carrying it around as death-fodder for Charizard to blast through whole teams. It won't even really matter that the sun cripples Gyarados/Lucario and conflicts with Tyranitar's Sand Stream..
With Choice Specs equipped Overheat essentially reaches 709 base power on the first shot; alternatively, you can sacrifice a little power and opt for Fire Blast and continuously strike down NPCs. Everything else is basically filler. I'm so glad Charizard's useful now <3

VM me if you have questions, gluck :3

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I won't comment on hold items, except on Gyarados, since Lustrous Orb only works on Palkia, it does nothing for other Pokemon.

comments in bold :)

The Team:
1. Aggron (Adamant/Impish) @Metal Coat
Rock Head
-Curse/Double-Edge
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Iron Head

Curse requires breeding, iirc.

2. Lucario (Mild/Rash/Hasty/Naive) @Fist plate
Inner Focus
-Aura Sphere
-Blaze Kick
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse

A mixed set. Aura Sphere is one of its best attack, so why not have it?

3. Gyarados (Adamant/Jolly) @Life Orb
Intimidate
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Aqua Tail

The standard set. Lustrous Orb only works on Palkia, so replace it with Life Orb. Muscle Band is fine if you don't like LO's recoil.

4. Gengar (Modest/Timid) @Spell Tag
Levitate
-Hypnosis
-Focus Blast
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball

Dream Eater is a bad move, since you don't know when your opponent will wakes up. Focus Blast however, lets it have the wide Fight + Ghost coverage.

5. Charizard (Hasty) @Charcoal
Blaze
-Fly
-Dragon Claw
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake/Focus Blast

Since your Charizard is Hasty (a perfect Nature for a Mixed set) I decided to just let it have a Mixed set. Last move depends on which one is higher, its Attack or its Special Attack.

6. Tyranitar (Adamant/Jolly) @Soft Sand
Sand Stream
-Crunch
-Rock Slide or Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

I suggest you to remove Tyranitar, as Sand Stream hurts half of your team.

Final

I Submit to No One

The Team:
1. Aggron (Adamant) @Muscle Band
Rock Head
-Double-Edge
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Iron Head / Aqua Tail / Ice Punch / Rock Slide

Giga Impact is horrible. 150 base power, lack of STAB and the worst part of all, it requires a recharge. In fact, Head Smash does more damage in 1 turn than Giga Impact would in 2. Earthquake combines with his STAB to form a Pseudo-Quake-Edge attacking combination. Double-Edge is filler really but it has no recoil thanks to Rock Head, doesn't require move tutors and is learnt via level up. If previous gen move tutors are an option, Aqua Tail or Ice Punch cover Ground types. Rock Slide can be used for PP reasons and it does get better coverage than Iron Head.

2. Lucario (Adamant / Modest) @ Life Orb
Inner Focus
-Swords Dance / Nasty Plot
-Close Combat / Aura Sphere
-Crunch / Ice Punch / Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
-ExtremeSpeed / Vacuum Wave / Dragon Pulse / Psychic

Lucario can attack from either side and it has a boosting move for either. If going Physical, use an Adamant Nature and run Swords Dance, Close Combat (for physical STAB), ExtremeSpeed (for physical priority) and either Crunch, Ice Punch, Rock Slide or Stone Edge (extra type coverage). If going Special, use a Modest nature and run Nasty Plot, Aura Sphere (STAB), Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse (for wide neutral coverage) and either Vacuum Wave (Special priority) or Dragon Pulse (to smash Dragon types. Psychic can be used too if running Nasty Plot if you're really worried about Fighting types. Regardless of which way you go for Lucario, Life Orb or Leftovers are the best hold items for him.

3. Gyrados (Adamant / Jolly) @Leftovers / Life Orb / Muscle Band
Intimidate
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Waterfall

Quiet is a terrible Nature for Gyarados since it boosts its useless Special Attack stat and hurts its Speed. Adamant or Jolly are much better. Also, don't use Hyper Beam since it requires recharging which is very inefficient. Use Dragon Dance instead to boost his already huge Attack and mediocre Speed. Waterfall is generally better than Aqua tail since it is 100% accurate and can flinch stuff which can help in killing stuff. Earthquake gets wide type coverage for Gyarados and compliments Ice Fang well. Leftovers, Life Orb or Muscle Band are the desired hold items here.

4. Gengar (Timid) @Life Orb / Wise Glasses / Leftovers
Levitate
-Energy Ball / Giga Drain
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

First of all, use Haunter's fully evolved form. Sludge Bomb although his strongest STAB move gets pitiful type coverage so don't use it. Focus Blast although inaccurate gets unresisted type coverage alongside his Ghost type STAB and allows Gengar to get past Steel Types. Thunderbolt is mainly for more Super Effective hits. Energy Ball is largely filler since Hypnosis is terribly inaccurate (60% accuracy is even worse than Focus Blast). Giga Drain can be used if previous generation moves are an option since it recovers HP and is only 5 base power weaker than Energy Ball (the difference is rather negligible).

5. Charizard (Timid) @Wise Glasses / Life Orb
Blaze
-Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast

Special Attacker. Air Slash is for secondary STAB. Dragon Pulse gets nearly unresisted type coverage alongside his Fire Type STAB. Focus Blast is necessary to dispose of Rock Types and it should do decent damage to Water Types unless they resist it or are really bulky on the Special side.

6. Tyranitar (Jolly) @Leftovers / Life Orb / Muscle Band
Shed Skin
-Dragon Dance
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Earthquake / Fire Punch

Again. Use the fully evolved form. In pretty much every instance, the evolved form is superior to the pre-evolved form. Anyway, Dragon Dance boosts his Attack and helps his Speed out. Crunch over Dark Pulse since Tyranitar is a Physical Attacker. For the last spot, use either Earthquake or Fire Punch. Both are for Steel Types which resist his STAB moves. Fire Punch is more effective on Levitating Steels but Earthquake does more to grounded ones most of the time (Ground neutral Steels in particular). Fire Punch requires 3rd or 4th gen move tutors though.

Suggestions in bold.

xobybr

@Shine if i shouldnt use Tyranitaur do you have any other suggestions to fill the spot?

@Final i know those Pokemon arent evolved yet, they arent high enough level. i forgot to specify their levels. they are all 43-45 though.

also, i got a different Gyrados with Jolly nature. ill probably change that.

i think you should train some more in places like nimbasa city where there are lots of battles cause that way you can level up and learn new moves like
charizards flare blitz @ lv.77
aggrons doulbe edge @ lv.74
lucarios extremespeed @ lv.65 you get the point.
cause thats my training method and now i have 3 lv.100s(1 on hg 2 on black)

BlazingCold

^ Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

trollface.jpg

Anyways, since I know your new I'll make simple comments for them.

Aggron: Adamant. Are you kidding me, Docile? Add Earthquake and Aqua Tail for coverage instead of Giga Impact and Metal Claw.

Lucario: Adamant. Swords Dance. Extremespeed. Close Combat. Ice Punch.

Gyarados: Tends not to have a great SpA. Earthquake, DD, Stone Edge. Intimidate and Adamant/Jolly

Gengar: Trade it to someone to get gengar. Get thunderbolt and focus blast for sludge bomb and dream eater.

Charizard: Use what Final said.

T-tar: Adamant for nature. Use this smogon set
~ Stealth Rock
~ Crunch
~ Fire Blast
~ Ice Beam / Superpower

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
Stealth Rock is rather useless in-game, a DDTar is fine already for in-game purpose.

and I think it should be mentioned that Aqua Tail on Aggron requires access to 4th Gen games.

xobybr

so i updated my team to its most recent status to make any more comments about it more accurate now. i am also thinking of replacing Pupitar/Tyranitaur with some sort of grass Pokemon because it might be more helpful. anyone have any recommendations for Pokemon?
thanks again for helping me

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Brave hurts Lucario's decent Speed, use another Nature instead, check the rates above, as they all mention the better Nature.

Also, Aggron still needs fixing. Double-Edge instead of Metal Claw, and Earthquake instead of Bulldoze.

xobybr

so would it be somewhat better if i where to switch Tyranitar with a Dragonite?

xobybr

i updated my team to add Dragonair

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español

The Team:
1. Aggron lvl 49 (Adamant / Jolly) @Leftovers
Rock Head / Sturdy
- Earthquake
- Head Smash / Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Rock Polish / Heavy Slam
-Iron Head
~Ok, only use Rock polish if you're running Sturdy, Rock Head plus Head Smash makes a great killer for Aggron; EQ is better than Bulldoze, I know you won't get the Speed drop but it will hit as hard as hell c:

2. Lucario lvl 48 (Adamant / Modest )
Inner Focus
- Close Combat / Aura Sphere
- Crunch / Dark Pulse
-Swords Dance / Nasty Plot
- Extremespeed / Vacuum Wave / HP Ice / Dragon Pulse
~ A mixed Lucario is not so good D; I prefer a pure sweeper, being Special or Physicall Lucario can deal a lot of Damage.

3. Gyrados lvl 49 (Jolly) @Mystic Water
Intimidate
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake / Stone Edge
~Aqua Tail & Waterfall on the same set is redundant; so swap it

4. Gengar lvl 48 (Relaxed) @Wide Lens
Levitate
-Hypnosis
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball / Thunder Bolt
-Shadow Ball
~Wide Lens will help you with the Acc of Hypnosis and Focus Miss

5. Charizard lvl 49(Hasty) @Charcoal
Blaze
-Fly
-Dragon Claw
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast

6. Dragonair lvl 48 (Naive) @Dragon Fang
Shed Skin
-Agility
-Aqua Tail
-Dragon Rush
-Thunderbolt

Well, all changes and comments in le bold; as seeing that you have a MixZard I wasn't trying to add any comment on it

Last edited: