• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Pokemon Crystal Transfer Team

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
New here but not new to Pokemon. I like making use of Pokemon I like to there fullest potential rather than what Smogon just says. I one time used a Chesnaught to sweep an OU team, living up to his Pokedex potential instead of the usual staller sets I often seen. Anyways, here is my Pokemon Crystal Transfer Team! Still needs EV-investment later on, just got it out of transfer but so far some I've already tried some in Online Multiplayer before EV investment and it's looking pretty good! However, only one Pokemon isn't from Pokemon Crystal because it isn't available in that game out of exclusivity. Try to guess which one is it. Also due to some Mismagius glitch where if you evolve Mismagius from a GSC Misdreavus, it becomes unusuable, I can't use my Mismagius in Battle Spot, including free battles, so my team is kind of incomplete but here's the plan, if I do find a way to get it together with full-EV investment.

Girafirag - Adamant Nature - Ability: Sap Sipper

Defensively, this is pretty good. Not many people know about Girafirag's sap sipper and from my recent matches, not a single person so far has pass up the chance of trying to OHKO my Quagsire with grass moves. My Quagsire and Feraligatr are pretty tempting targets for grass attacks.

Earthquake
Retaliate
Agility
Zen Headbutt

Mismagius - Timid Nature - Ability: Levitate

Really wish I could test this but because of some error with Battle Spot, this might be unusuable forever... unless I decide to get a Mismagius from USUM instead of Crystal. Kind of not sure though. On one hand I'd get nasty plot. On the other hand though, I'd be giving up a valuable team member from my Crystal play-through even though I got it late in the game.

Calm Mind
Destiny Bond
Shadow Ball
Mystical Fire/Dazzling Gleam

Magcargo Modest Nature - Ability: Weak Armor

Surprisingly a VERY effective sweeper, might actually be the second strongest on this team, destroyed a lot of Ubers and OUs. It's also pretty good against Hippowdon or Tyranitar with Sandstream if you give it focus sash.

Flamethrower
Ancient Power
Shell Smash
Earth Power

Quagsire - Adamant Nature - Unaware

This one I'm still kind of working out due to Quagsire having a lot of options to work with.

Yawn
Focus Punch
Aqua Tail
Earthquake

Jumpluff - Jolly Nature - Infiltrator

Really strong with one sword dance... however it's also really frail. Not a great switch-in.

Sleep Powder
Swords Dance
Seed Bomb
Acrobatics

Feraligatr - Adamant Nature - Sheer Force

Don't know about you guys but I feel like Adamant is a must-have if your going for agility over dragon dance, especially when it's your original starter in Pokemon Crystal.

Ice Punch
Agility
Crunch
Liquidation