• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Pokemon Platinum Competitive team

AnimeFinder

...breeder.
here we go.

Weavile Jolly @ Focus sash

Ice punch
Night slash
Swords dance
Attract( for fun )
Counter ( serious )

Empoleon Modest @ Petaya berry

Substitute
Agility
Ice beam
Surf
or grass knot ( depending on the situation )

Cresselia Calm @ Leftovers ( my tank )

Psychic
Thunder wave ( for swapers )
Moonlight
Calm Mind

Togekiss Timid @ Choice Scarf

Air slash
Trick ( too risk but is a good move )
Hiden power ( fire )
Grass knot

Scizor Jolly @ Life orb

Swords dance
Super power
Bullet punch
Bug bite

Gyarados Adamant @ leftovers

Dragon dance
Outrage
Waterfall
earthquake (depends)
Stone edge

----------
I also have a leafeon from dream world with clorophille

Leafeon @ Focus Sash

Swords dance
Leaf blade
Flail
x scizor

This leafeon i use on secial cases cuz it is my favorite pokemon EVER. but since is NOW is RU, it have much weakness. but i like it btw. on a weather team he can do some damage.

i had to breed a lot of my team to get the correct nature..somee came on the first try like my cresselia ( i was thinking on do a SR to get a shiny one and it came on the nature.) you all know how boring is to do all the breeding process =( btw, this is my competitive team. hope u like it

and sorry i didnt readed the rules. so i posted my team in a wrong place. fixed btw. thank you for the advertice.

OBS; the abilities is the clisssic ones like serene grace, torrent, tecnician, intimidate and etc

Last edited:

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
here we go.

Weavile Jolly @ Focus sash

Ice punch
Night slash
Swords dance
Attract( for fun )
Counter ( serious )

Empoleon Modest @ Petaya berry

Substitute
Agility
Ice beam
Surf
or grass knot ( depending on the situation )

Cresselia Calm @ Leftovers ( my tank )

Psychic
Thunder wave ( for swapers )
Moonlight
Calm Mind

Togekiss Timid @ Choice Scarf

Air slash
Trick ( too risk but is a good move )
Hiden power ( fire )
Grass knot

Scizor Jolly @ Life orb

Swords dance
Super power
Bullet punch
Bug bite

Gyarados Adamant @ leftovers

Dragon dance
Outrage
Waterfall
earthquake (depends)
Stone edge

----------
I also have a leafeon from dream world with clorophille

Leafeon @ Focus Sash

Swords dance
Leaf blade
Flail
x scizor

This leafeon i use on secial cases cuz it is my favorite pokemon EVER. but since is NOW is RU, it have much weakness. but i like it btw. on a weather team he can do some damage.

i had to breed a lot of my team to get the correct nature..somee came on the first try like my cresselia ( i was thinking on do a SR to get a shiny one and it came on the nature.) you all know how boring is to do all the breeding process =( btw, this is my competitive team. hope u like it

and sorry i didnt readed the rules. so i posted my team in a wrong place. fixed btw. thank you for the advertice.

OBS; the abilities is the clisssic ones like serene grace, torrent, tecnician, intimidate and etc
Please add natures and descriptions so we can rate properly.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
descriptions are for CRMT, and Natures are already there lol

jab2033

If you really want this to be competitive, you need to know about Effort Values, or EVs. This page has all you need to know about EVs.

Now lets look at your team:

Weavile is best as an all-out physical attacker, not a Focus Sash lead.

The following is Weavile's best set

Weavile @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Jolly Nature / Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance / Pursuit / Ice Shard
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch
-Low Kick / Brick Break

Don't use Swords Dance if you choose to use Choice Band.

Empoleon works as a better lead than Weavile.

Empoleon @Focus Sash / Leftovers / Chople Berry
Modest Nature / Torrent
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpAtk / 100 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Surf / Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot / Aqua Jet

Stealth Rock is a must-have here, as it gets up Entry Hazards, which are a must in competitive battling.

Cresselia's moveset is good, but give it the following EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk

Togekiss is a better user of Life Orb than Choice Specs.

Togekiss @Life Orb
Timid Nature / Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Shock Wave / Flamethrower
-Roost / Nasty Plot

Air Slash + Aura Sphere (which are both learned via Heart Scale) grants perfect neutral coverage against every type. It doesn't need Hidden Power Fire when it gets Flamethrower. Roost can heal off Life Orb's recoil or Nasty Plot can boost your SpAtk.

Scizor is good, but you have a couple options when it comes to EVs.

Bulky-Offensive: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Pure-Offensive: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

The Pure-Offensive EV spread might be more useful to you since you have a Jolly Nature.

Your Gyarados is good, although you can go with BulkyGyara to increase its survivability. Entry Hazards, the commonly used Sandstorm, and other damage really take its toll.

BulkyGyara: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt
-Waterfall
-Earthquake / Stone Edge

Taunt can shut down things trying to cripple Gyarados with Roar, Thunder Wave, and other status moves. This gives BulkyGyara opportunity to set up with Dragon Dance and hit back hard. Earthquake destroys Electric types and Stone Edge targets Dragonite and other Gyarados.

If you don't want to go with BulkyGyara, go with the basic 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe EV Spread.

Leafeon @Life Orb
Adamant or Jolly Nature / Leaf Guard
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Return / Synthesis

That's going to be Leafeon's best set. It doesn't have a very large movepool, so your attacking options are kind of limited.

One other thing: With Togekiss, Empoleon, and Gyarados, you have a major weakness to Electric types. I highly suggest replacing Togekiss with something like Electivire or Jolteon, since their abilities nullify Electric attacks when they switch in on them.

Hope that helps.

BTW, I noticed you mentioned Leafeon with Chlorophyll from Dream World. Dream World is 5th Gen, but you posted in the 4th Gen Forum...

Last edited:

AnimeFinder

...breeder.
If you really want this to be competitive, you need to know about Effort Values, or EVs. This page has all you need to know about EVs.

Now lets look at your team:

Weavile is best as an all-out physical attacker, not a Focus Sash lead.

The following is Weavile's best set

Weavile @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Jolly Nature / Pressure
-Swords Dance / Pursuit / Ice Shard
-Night Slash
-Ice Punch
-Low Kick / Brick Break

Don't use Swords Dance if you choose to use Choice Band.

Empoleon works as a better lead than Weavile.

Empoleon @Focus Sash / Leftovers / Chople Berry
Modest Nature / Torrent
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpAtk / 100 Spe
-Stealth Rock
-Surf / Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot / Aqua Jet

Stealth Rock is a must-have here, as it gets up Entry Hazards, which are a must in competitive battling.

Cresselia's moveset is good, but give it the following EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpAtk

Togekiss is a better user of Life Orb than Choice Specs.

Togekiss @Life Orb
Timid Nature / Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Shock Wave / Flamethrower
-Roost / Nasty Plot

Air Slash + Aura Sphere (which are both learned via Heart Scale) grants perfect neutral coverage against every type. It doesn't need Hidden Power Fire when it gets Flamethrower. Roost can heal off Life Orb's recoil or Nasty Plot can boost your SpAtk.

Scizor is good, but you have a couple options when it comes to EVs.

Bulky-Offensive: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Pure-Offensive: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

The Pure-Offensive EV spread might be more useful to you since you have a Jolly Nature.

Your Gyarados is good, although you can go with BulkyGyara to increase its survivability. Entry Hazards, the commonly used Sandstorm, and other damage really take its toll.

BulkyGyara: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt
-Waterfall
-Earthquake / Stone Edge

Taunt can shut down things trying to cripple Gyarados with Roar, Thunder Wave, and other status moves. This gives BulkyGyara opportunity to set up with Dragon Dance and hit back hard. Earthquake destroys Electric types and Stone Edge targets Dragonite and other Gyarados.

If you don't want to go with BulkyGyara, go with the basic 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe EV Spread.

Leafeon @Life Orb
Adamant or Jolly Nature / Leaf Guard
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Return / Synthesis

That's going to be Leafeon's best set. It doesn't have a very large movepool, so your attacking options are kind of limited.

One other thing: With Togekiss, Empoleon, and Gyarados, you have a major weakness to Electric types. I highly suggest replacing Togekiss with something like Electivire or Jolteon, since their abilities nullify Electric attacks when they switch in on them.

Hope that helps.

BTW, I noticed you mentioned Leafeon with Chlorophyll from Dream World. Dream World is 5th Gen, but you posted in the 4th Gen Forum...

about my dw leafeon...sorry....it was quite a error. my shiny, i caught at trophy garden with pokeradar. and thank you for the advices....my togekiss, i use for trick move. as i said, it is a riscked move...but can stop and force to switch with scarf.....exemple. a salamance uses dragon dance than i use trick...but as u mentioned, i will change it for a electivire. it is good and is also a good pokemon. im tired of my togekiss. my empoleon is subs cuz with torrent and petaya, it can be powerful a stabbed surf with torrent and petaya, really hurts...........cresselia i use as my tank. thu der wave is a good move....,,.i aways ignored it...cuz is so common....but i will try them and say if it got better. i was using focus sash on myweavile, cuz i also have swords dance and counter on it. anyway, thank you.