• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My pokemon red version team

Rameses

This team is for competitive battling with some of my friends via Link Cable.
We decided to battle in 3 months because of facebook
I'm looking for people to rate it, and help me make this team better, suggestions. We are not using legendaries except for mewtwo (not mew either)
We can trade between games original version games.

My team so far is::

Mewtwo:

Thunder
Psychic
Fireblast
Blizzard

Jolteon:

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Thunder
Double Team

Exeggutor:

Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
Mega Drain
Psychic

Chansey:

Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunder Bolt
Ice Beam

Tauros:

Earthquake
Double Edge
Hyper Beam
Body Slam

Lapras:

Body Slam
Ice Beam
Surf
Blizzard

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
This team is for competitive battling with some of my friends via Link Cable.
We decided to battle in 3 months because of facebook
I'm looking for people to rate it, and help me make this team better, suggestions. We are not using legendaries except for mewtwo (not mew either)
We can trade between games original version games.

My team so far is::

Mewtwo:

Thunder
Psychic
Fireblast
Blizzard

Get rid of Fire Blast, the move is pointless, anything that is weak to fire is going to be weak to something better. Ice types are almost always Water types; with the exception of the underused Jynx; and therefore weak to Electric. Grass types are weak to Ice, Bug types are just weak. Put Amnesia in its place. Use Amnesia 3 times and Mewtwo's special will be at 999 and practically unbeatable from then on. Chances are you'll be able to wipe out your opponent's team if they don't use the same tactic. In any case, drop Psychic for Recover. Yes, Psychic will get a STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) boost, but there is no type combination in the 1st gen that will resist both electric and ice attacks. Ideally, Thunder Bolt would be better than Thunder, but that's your choice.

Jolteon:

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Thunder
Double Team

Bad. Three electric attacks? What happens if Jolteon gets struck against a Grass type? Depending on what version you are playing, you need to go for either Focus Energy (ONLY if you are playing Yellow) or for lack of a better move, Pin Missile in place of Thunder. I'm not a fan of Jolteon, and his (typical for electric types in the 1st gen) limited movepool and poor attack stat makes him hard to pick moves for.

Exeggutor:

Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
Mega Drain
Psychic

Explosion over Mega Drain. Use it to Sleep and Stun your opponents, attack whilst they can't, and then explode when it's on the way out. Also send out Exeggutor first. Sleep Powder first, to encourage your opponent to switch pokemon and spread the Sleep/Stun around.

Chansey:

Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunder Bolt
Ice Beam

Blizzard would be better than Ice Beam.

Tauros:

Earthquake
Double Edge
Hyper Beam
Body Slam

Blizzard over Double Edge. Or if you don't want another Blizzard user, then Substitute might be an idea.

Lapras:

Body Slam
Ice Beam
Surf
Blizzard

Thunder or Thunderbolt over Ice Beam.

Rameses

if i wanted to put jynx in this lineup would i place it in eggy's spot or would i just put in place of jolteon. if not wat pokemon should i change jolteon in place of.

Last edited:

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Comments in bold.

Jolteon:

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Thunder
Double Team

Yeah, you do not need Thunder. To give some off the wall options, you could combine Reflect with Double Team, or even use Sand-Attack to force switches, although reteaching with Pokemon Stadium 2 deson't seem to be an option.

Chansey:

Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Thunder Bolt
Ice Beam

You could also throw Thunder Wave in over Thunderbolt if you want even more paralysis than what Eggexegutor provides - odds are you won't be attempting to freeze what you would want to paralyze. Understand why you would keep Thunderbolt in, though; the only water types that would attack Chansey physically have low enough special to take a beating from it.

Lapras:

Body Slam
Ice Beam
Surf
Blizzard

I basically second Razor Leaf, but Lapras is bulky enough for Confuse Ray to be an option. I like using Surf, but Blizzard will technically hit everything Surf does harder, sans Fire types which will still take nice neutral damage.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Ah, I completely forgot Lapras learned Confuse Ray. That's a useful tool to have especially if your enemy has been paralysed by a previous pokemon.

Sprintking

To make things easy, just give Mewtwo Psychic, Thunderbolt, Recover, and Amnesia. Get a few amnesias in, and you will tear apart everything. The only thing that could stand in the way a little would be Exeggutor, but that's what the rest of your team is for. If Mewtwo is allowed, there isn't much strategy for the RBY metagame.

omg i feel like im in a museum.. thats so cool u still have red version