• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Pokemon Splices/Fusions/Retypes/New Formes

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Just for Laughs
http://i27.*******.com/m9rcht.gif
http://i26.*******.com/2n8sosy.jpg

New Forme(s)
http://i32.*******.com/2aj0v47.gif
Heart Latias and Soul Latios

Advanced Splices
http://i28.*******.com/jq18xy.gif
Night Stalker with Platinum and D/P sprite :D

Normal Splices(more like fusion)
http://i25.*******.com/2ebddgh.gif
http://i26.*******.com/339u9h3.gif
http://i31.*******.com/2iigwex.jpg

Recolors
http://i30.*******.com/30jhe8o.jpg

Revamps
http://i32.*******.com/14oc31x.gif
Pokemon Yellow-4 gen

Last edited:

Cruisercard

Nice!
I like your sprites but I do think that some are overcomplicated.

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest

Yami Ryu

Thats how "Advanced Splices" was born

Hahahaha these, advanced splices? Hell no :/

These are cluttered, messy sprites which in somecases don't even have edited shading or outline recoloring. Or even basic editing to make it look like everything fits together like Lol!Electrode.

The lati's are cluttered and messy, you didn't bother to correct parts that went transparent, you didn't bother to try and scratch, you didn't clean up the outlines and color those right. And what the hell is with Latios, it has two wings on one side :/ it's head 'fin' is also lopsided and there's wierd blue lines everywhere on it.

For the weavile you can see it's clearly cut and paste, and there's very little consistancy about it. In one sprite the tailthings are attached to the hidden side, on the other, to it's what, back? Both sides?

And there's the fact you didn't even attempt to make both look remotely the same outside of body parts attached in the general locations. Messy. Sloppy. Lazy.

Lugia: Wing attached to neck. 'Nuff said.

Alakazam: Cut and paste. Arm's don't even look truly attacked.

Electrive: Cut and paste- body and arms both drastically different 'shades' of Yellow due to shading. Showing you didn't care enough to attempt to change the shading on the main sprite, scratch or change shading on the arms.

The Lugia is badly recolored. It has no outline in the darkest places, it has no eyes. The shading on the back also seems random/distorted.

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Hahahaha these, advanced splices? Hell no :/
Why i call them advanced is because it took many sprites to make it(5+)
These are cluttered, messy sprites which in somecases don't even have edited shading or outline recoloring. Or even basic editing to make it look like everything fits together like Lol!Electrode.

The lati's are cluttered and messy, you didn't bother to correct parts that went transparent, you didn't bother to try and scratch, you didn't clean up the outlines and color those right. And what the hell is with Latios, it has two wings on one side :/ it's head 'fin' is also lopsided and there's wierd blue lines everywhere on it.

For the weavile you can see it's clearly cut and paste, and there's very little consistancy about it. In one sprite the tailthings are attached to the hidden side, on the other, to it's what, back? Both sides?
What i did was attached "spirit cloths(i dont know what else to call them)"( the things on dusclops) so not tails.

And there's the fact you didn't even attempt to make both look remotely the same outside of body parts attached in the general locations. Messy. Sloppy. Lazy.

Lugia: Wing attached to neck. 'Nuff said.
Who's to say that the wing is connected to some other part of lugias left body, unseen?
Alakazam: Cut and paste. Arm's don't even look truly attacked.
Actually just cut and pasting isnt a full way to describe it. i can only see 1 flaw to the color and that is the mustache conecting with the arm. The arms are under the shoulder... things. alakazams left is also corresponding nicely with the legs if i do say so myself.
Electrive: Cut and paste- body and arms both drastically different 'shades' of Yellow due to shading. Showing you didn't care enough to attempt to change the shading on the main sprite, scratch or change shading on the arms.

The Lugia is badly recolored. It has no outline in the darkest places, it has no eyes. The shading on the back also seems random/distorted.
Hard to find a outline for black isnt it[/sarcasm]

Comments in bold

Last edited:

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
My first revamp

Hello i showing you my first revamp. from Gen-1 to Gen-4. here it is

http://i25.*******.com/2eb4wfp.gif
Tell me what you think *puts up flame wall*

Yami Ryu

Hard to find a outline for black isnt it

Durp1409782867-iaza.gif

Durp. Or if to lazy to make your own- take from existing black pokemon.

Now. Since you were lazy and couldn't break up a quote tag..

Why i call them advanced is because it took many sprites to make it(5+)

So that means if I take 23434545 pokemon, cut and paste and slice and rend and torture and mutilate them into one big messy picture, it would be advanced?

Advanced also usually means harder better stronger faster. Not messy.

What i did was attached "spirit cloths(i dont know what else to call them)"( the things on dusclops) so not tails.

Who's to say that the wing is connected to some other part of lugias left body, unseen?

Ok so it has one normal wing and one insanely long, oversized, distorted, twisted, deformed wing?

Attached to the neck.

Actually just cut and pasting isnt a full way to describe it. i can only see 1 flaw to the color and that is the mustache conecting with the arm. The arms are under the shoulder... things. alakazams left is also corresponding nicely with the legs if i do say so myself.

Cut and Paste; to take without editing, changing or making different in any way and attaching it to something else. It is glaringly evident when little effort of scratching, shading changing, or anything, is not even on the sprite.

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Durp1409782867-iaza.gif

Durp. Or if to lazy to make your own- take from existing black pokemon.
thats the deepest black in my sprite sheet.

So that means if I take 23434545 pokemon, cut and paste and slice and rend and torture and mutilate them into one big messy picture, it would be advanced?
Lol. OT: i see what your getting at. let me rephrase that. 5-10 pokemon does that work for ya?

Ok so it has one normal wing and one insanely long, oversized, distorted, twisted, deformed wing?

Attached to the neck.

No attached to the body. Depth works nicly here so yeah.

Cut and Paste; to take without editing, changing or making different in any way and attaching it to something else. It is glaringly evident when little effort of scratching, shading changing, or anything, is not even on the sprite.
It may be a little like that but its a fusion. fusions are 2 pokemon. 2 pokemon arent that complicated

Comments in bold

Also where do you get off calling me lazy. way to be constructive

Yami Ryu

Comments in bold

Also where do you get off calling me lazy. way to be constructive

Because you are lazy. Making me do all the quoting work.

thats the deepest black in my sprite sheet.

It's called Getting Better Shades Of Black.

R3d Plz.

No attached to the body. Depth works nicly here so yeah.
visualaid.png

Cause I mean yeah the complete lack of feathers really means it's attached to the body.

Yeah.

It may be a little like that but its a fusion. fusions are 2 pokemon. 2 pokemon arent that complicated

So .. you don't want advice on how to do it better?

Ok.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Okay, first off, the outline is very spotty and doesn't look natural at all. You can't just recolour sprites from the old generations, you have to do things to them. The outline has no spots.

Another thing is the ears. The right ear has waaay too much black, and the left ear has too little.

Also, the shading is off. It doesn't match where Pikachu's shading would be at all, it just slopes down. :/ That doesn't look right.

Not to mention it's facing the wrong way, and the mouth is pure black... and the tail doesn't have an outline. Try and fix all of these things.

-Raiga-

I dont need your kind of help.

Then what kind of help do you exactly need? Yami pointed out all the mistakes in your sprites nicely on the fourth post in the thread, and it seems to me that your just making excuses for things like the wing on the lugia, instead of just accepting it and trying to get better.

Also, since Yami didn't talk about the pikachu revamp, remember that pikachu has gotten thinner than first genration, and he looks too fat in that sprite. Plus the outline seems choppy, try to go with one color, since it seems like you alternate between black and another one.

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Also, since Yami didn't talk about the pikachu revamp, remember that pikachu has gotten thinner than first genration, and he looks too fat in that sprite. Plus the outline seems choppy, try to go with one color, since it seems like you alternate between black and another one.

You And bynineB are right about the outline but i personally like chubbychu ^_^ I will try to correct that. which speaking of i have fixed the lugia/ho-oh wing issue.

Okay, first off, the outline is very spotty and doesn't look natural at all. You can't just recolour sprites from the old generations, you have to do things to them. The outline has no spots.

Another thing is the ears. The right ear has waaay too much black, and the left ear has too little.

Also, the shading is off. It doesn't match where Pikachu's shading would be at all, it just slopes down. :/ That doesn't look right.

Not to mention it's facing the wrong way, and the mouth is pure black... and the tail doesn't have an outline. Try and fix all of these things.
1- yes your right about the outline and i will try to fix them

2- How is the shading off? Isnt light suppose to come from the northwest?

3- Well the tail does have an outline so i suppose you just cant see it. the mouth i can fix though

Whoa relooking at it i noticed pikachu has a notch in its ear!(coincidence much)

Last edited:

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
I really wish people would post THEIR OWN WORK of sprites and not ignore copyrights of things.

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
I really wish people would post THEIR OWN WORK of sprites and not ignore copyrights of things.

excuse me? not to sound ignorant but your saying i stole someones work?

Torosiken

This is a title.
They're nice. But to much C+P
I like the pikachu but I think your outline not very good! keep try and you will be the best :)

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Yeah i have to eventually get to rebordering it

EDIT:W00T pikachu has been rebordered all black ( 'cept the ears but that is still border-ish)

Last edited:

-Raiga-

Holy god. I know the first one was "just for laughs" but you are amazing at fire spriting! Keep up the spectacular work, and I look forward to our trade!

No he is not amazing, all he did was copy and past the same fire from what I presume is moltres over and over again.