• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Pokemon Y Team

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Delphox
Ability: Blaze
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Solar Beam

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power (Dragon)
- Earthquake

Sylveon
Ability: Cute Charm
- Moonblast
- Draining Kiss
- Shadow Ball
- Refresh

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake

Honchkrow
Ability: Insomnia
- Night Slash
- Fly
- Steel Wing
- Return

Greninja
Ability: Protean
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

Gampi

ガンピ
[Sorry if you're not willing to change your Pokémon's abilities/movesets/my constructive criticism sucks]

First of all, don't give two of your Pokémon Mega Stones, it's pointless since you can only Mega Evolve one Pokémon per battle.

For Delphox, I suggest giving it a Choice Scarf.

Solar Beam is pretty useless because two turns is all it takes for Delphox to get KOed because it's frail, unless you have something, say like a Drought lead such as Ninetales. To be honest I think your team would benefit from a Drought lead along the lines of Ninetales @ Heat Rock. That way you can run Chlorophyll Venusaur.

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Drought, Timid nature
252HP, 120Def, 136Speed
--Will-O-Wisp
--Flamethrower
--Roar
--Hypnosis
EV spread is to ensure it can at least take a hit if you choose to keep it in battle.

If you are open to a new Mega over Lucario or Venusaur, I'd suggest M-Charizard Y. You can Mega Evolve on the first turn, get the sun shining, and potentially KO your opponent's first 'mon with the boost Charizard Y's fire attacks receive. Only downside is that if you switch out and your opponent Stealth Rocks, Char loses half of its health upon switching back in, and also M-Charizard Y's Drought only lasts 5 turns. I'd still suggest running Ninetales though.

If you go with a Drought Ninetales lead, I'd suggest running Mega Lucario over Mega Venusaur, since non-Mega 'saur benefits greatly from the sun. Give it Black Sludge or a Life Orb over Venusaurite and build its movepool and EV spread depending on whether you need an attacker or defender.

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Chlorophyll, Calm nature
--Leech Seed
--Petal Blizzard
--Substitute
--Sleep Powder/Sludge Bomb
Typical SubSeed. Set up with Substitute and then Leech Seed the opponent. Black Sludge is essentially Leftovers for Poison types so you'll recover most of the HP you lost from setting up the Substitute. Sludge Bomb can be used for STAB, or if you prefer to stall you can use Sleep Powder instead.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll, Timid nature
--Sleep Powder
--Giga Drain
--Growth
--Sludge Bomb
Chlorophyll sweeper set. Here 'saur prefers the attack boost of Life Orb and Growth rather than the healing power of Black Sludge. Giga Drain can be used if Venusaur needs healing. You can also run Sleep Powder on this set too.

Sylveon has potential as a Cleric. Although I'd suggest Florges since it performs that job better in my opinion.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Cute Charm, Bold nature
252HP, 252Def, 4SpAtk
--Wish
--Baton Pass
--Moonblast/Heal Bell
--Substitute
If you drop a Substitute, you can Baton Pass it onto another Pokémon. Moonblast can be used as a situational attack to KO something, although Heal Bell is useful if any of your team has a crippling status problem.

Florges @ Leftovers
Flower Veil, Bold nature
252HP, 252Def, 4SpAtk
--Wish
--Aromatherapy
--Moonblast
--Safeguard
Florges can run pretty much the same set, but it cannot Baton Pass Substitutes. After Aromatherapy, you could set up a Safeguard to prevent status conditions for another 5 turns.

I'm assuming your Lucario is a special attacker? Even so, I'd suggest running a Physical one instead, because Close Combat does more damage than Aura Sphere.

I would suggest Super Luck or Moxie for Honchkrow, Night Slash benefits from Super Luck because of its already-high critical hit ratio. If this isn't an in-game team, ditch Fly for Brave Bird and replace either Steel Wing or Return for Sucker Punch.

If you don't mind the accuracy drop, you could run Hydro Pump over Surf. Grass Knot also works as an alternate over Extrasensory. Greninja benefits best from either Choice Specs or Life Orb.

Last edited:

Nulava

Banned
Delphox @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Calm Mind
~Fire Blast
~Psyshock
~Shadow Ball

Lucario @ Lucarionite