• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Rain Team

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
I'm fairly new to competitive battling, and this is my first rain team. So, here we go!

Politoed (M) @
Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
-Hydro Pump
-Hypnosis
-Protect
-Ice Beam

My lead. Using a defensive set so that it can provide rain for a long time. Protect can be used to check the moves, and Hypnosis to switch and set up.

Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spe)
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball

Forretress plays both the roles of setting Entry Hazards and Spinning. Since it already has incredible Defense, I didn't invest any EVs on it. So I'm trying to use it as both a physical and a special wall to some extent. Not to mention, Gyro Ball has STAB and would abuse the awful speed of Forretress even lowered because of his Relaxed Nature.

Toxicroak (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpAtk)
-Swords Dance -Poison Jab
-Sucker Punch
-Ice Punch

The main physical sweeper. Ice Punch takes care of Flying (especially Gliscor) and Dragon types. Sucker Punch would take out Psychic types. Poison Jab for STAB.

Jellicent (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Water Absorb EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpAtk -Atk)
-Water Spout
-Shadow Ball
-Hydro Pump
-Energy Ball

Water Spout should do wonders under the rain. Hydro Pump when HP gets low. Also, he's the Spinblocker. Duh. :D

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpAtk -Atk)
-Thunder
- Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power Ice
-Pain Split

Thunder has perfect accuracy under rain and STAB. Hidden Power Ice for Dragon and Grass types.

Virizion (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe - SpD
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Leaf Blade
-Hidden Power Ice

Virizion is mainly for bulky water types. Works well against sand teams too. Hidden Power Ice for taking out Dragon and Grass types.

Let the rating begin.

Last edited:

Gamefreak

"I don't think any explanation is needed here."

Why wouldn't any explanation be needed? Heck, the smogon analysis wrote up an entire article on him.

Locked. Please read the rules, and update your descriptions. Once you are done, please send me your revised RMT and I will re-open the thread. :)

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
I was wondering though, would Gyarados/Swampert work better than Toxicroak in this team?

Hictini

In all honesty I think Ferrothorn is better on Rain teams but since you for some reason decided against Starmie you do need a rapid spinner. As for Toxicroak, I think Swampert would do better. You really need something that can use earthquake on there. I guess a Superpower too to make up for the lack of fighting in there now.

Last edited:

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
In all honesty I think Ferrothorn is better on Rain teams but since you for some reason decided against Starmie you do need a rapid spinner. As for Toxicroak, I think Swampert would do better. You really need something that can use earthquake on there. I guess a Superpower too to make up for the lack of fighting in there now.
Didn't consider Starmie because I wasn't sure where to put it. I mean Rotom-W is working well.

I did use Swampert with EQ and Superpower in place of Virizion before. I thought Virizion could switch into Electric attacks and finish things with a STAB Close Combat.