• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My random BL Rain Dance team

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Ludicolo @ Leftovers/Damp Rock
Bold/Modet Nature
Ability: Rain Dish/Swift Swim
6 HP/252 sp.atk/252 spd
-Enery Ball
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Leech Seed

Empoleon @ Wise Glasses/Leftovers
Modest Nature
Ability: Torrent
6 HP/252 sp.atk/252 spd
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Agility

Floatzel @ Muscle Band
Adamant Nature
Ability: Swift Swim
6 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Aqua Jet/Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Brick Break/Swords Dance
-Crunch

Azumarril @ Leftovers
Adamant/Impish Nature
Ability: Huge Power
129 HP/252 atk/129 spd
-Waterfall
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Belly Drum

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Own Tempo
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic/Rain Dance
-Slack Off

129 HP/129 def/252 sp.atk

Raikou @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
Ability: Pressure
6 HP/252 sp.atk/252 spd
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Calm Mind
-Extrasensory/Shadow Ball

I forgot to mention that I would also be making BL teams. Since I didn't have much to work with, I decided to go with a Rain Dance theme. Most of my pokemon are sweepers. I think all of them are, except for Azumarril. Could anyone please suggest any other item besides Leftovers? Hope this works. EV's are wack.

First of all, BL isn't a tier that many people play like OU or UU, but whatever. Changes/suggestions in bold

Ludicolo @ Leftovers/Damp Rock
Calm Nature
6 HP/252 sp.atk/252 spd
-Rain Dance
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Leech Seed

The Wet Rock only works if the Rain Dance USER is holding the item. Also, you'll want more Sp.Defense EVs.

Empoleon @ Wise Glasses/Leftovers
Modest Nature
Ability: Torrent
6 HP/252 sp.atk/252 spd
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Agility

Not bad, but you could also consider giving it a Petaya Berry and Substitute over Grass Knot. Sub down to low HP to get the Petaya and Torrent boosts.

Floatzel @ Muscle Band or Choice Band
Adamant Nature
6 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Aqua Jet/Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Brick Break
-Crunch

She can't learn Swords Dance. For support, you could also consider...

Floatzel (Jolly Nature) @Leftovers
-Waterfall
-Bulk Up
-Baton Pass
-Substitute/Return

Azumarril @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Ability: Huge Power
129 HP/252 atk/129 spd
-Waterfall
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Return/Toxic

Meh.... that might be a little too risky. Belly Drum and Substitute are really going to wear you down fast.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Own Tempo
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic/Rain Dance
-Slack Off

129 HP/129 def/252 sp.atk

Raikou @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
Ability: Pressure
6 HP/252 sp.atk/252 spd
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball

I forgot to mention that I would also be making BL teams. Since I didn't have much to work with, I decided to go with a Rain Dance theme. Most of my pokemon are sweepers. I think all of them are, except for Azumarril. Could anyone please suggest any other item besides Leftovers? Hope this works. EV's are wack.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
You post too many teams. :p

I think you forgot to put Rain Dance on Ludicolo lol.

To be honest I don't really like the idea of lead Ludicolo since Ludi does best with Lefties/Rain Dish for 1/8 health recovery each turn, more with Leech Seed.

Maybe lead with Kingdra? Rain Dance/Surf/Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam with Damp Rock, kills a lot of stuff and is sturdy enough to set up Rain Dance. Few weaknesses as well. Put him over Azumarill maybe... Belly Drum is crap ingame especially on something as slow as Azumarill. You'll likely die before you can benefit from the attack boost.

Ludi should hold Lefties and have Rain Dish. Moveset Leech Seed/Rain Dance/Ice Beam/Surf.

Honestly I don't believe you need so much Speed on ANY of these pokes bar Raikou. Swift Swimmers need only 198 Speed to guarantee outpacing everything nonboosted in rain. However a lower Speed is also acceptable considering that base 130 Speed Pokemon are rare ingame, not to mention that if they ARE seen, they will NEVER be running +Speed nature with max IVs/EVs. Therefore you can probably get away with even something like 175 Speed on Empoleon/Floatzel/Ludicolo since Swift Swim/Agility will ensure that they outspeed pretty much everything. On Floatzel you could still run max Attack/Speed but Ludicolo and Empoleon really need those EVs in HP and Defense/Special Defense to take hits, considering they are your only Grass resists.

On Floatzel use Choice Band with Break Break/Waterfall. Or Bulk Up with Waterfall/Brick Break/Ice Fang. Aqua Jet is unnecessary really when you outspeed everything in rain and only fear Extremespeed, which is rare.

Slowbro likes Calm Mind in the third slot. Psychic > Ice Beam if you really fear opponent Water-types, but Raikou and Empoleon take care of those. 252 HP / 152 Def / 100 Sp. Atk is a generic spread but works better than what you have in terms of survivability.

Shadow Ball > Extrasensory on Raikou.

Not much else to recommend other than Leftovers since your Pokemon are pretty bulky and need Lefties. Main attackers are Floatzel/Kingdra; the others don't really classify as "sweepers" in my opinion. Anyways any team that has any amount of thought put into it will do fine ingame, so you shouldn't have any problems.

EDIT: SapphireL, SubPetaya Empoleon is fun to use, but isn't worth it ingame since you will only lose your Petaya Berry (apart from in the BT, of course). D:

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Well, thanks guys. Sorry I forgot to put Rain Dance on Ludicolo, and isn't Kingdra OU? And I just called the others "sweepers" because I invested mostly in spd and sp.atk EV's. I guess I'll just stop posting teams. Can I still post one once a week? I have about seven right now, but I guess I can wait.

EDIT: SapphireL, SubPetaya Empoleon is fun to use, but isn't worth it ingame since you will only lose your Petaya Berry (apart from in the BT, of course). D:

Yeah.... I know. I was kind of thinking of a BT use for that, but whatever. :/ lol

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Well, thanks guys. Sorry I forgot to put Rain Dance on Ludicolo, and isn't Kingdra OU? And I just called the others "sweepers" because I invested mostly in spd and sp.atk EV's. I guess I'll just stop posting teams. Can I still post one once a week? I have about seven right now, but I guess I can wait.

Hey, I was just kidding. Commenting on your large amount of teams. Do you seriously use this many ingame? I only use a Magcargo (egg hatching) and a Pelipper (flying/surfing) lol.

Yes, Kingdra is OU. But only in the Platinum metagame. As far as strict D/P is concerned, he's BL (no Outrage).

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Hey, I was just kidding. Commenting on your large amount of teams. Do you seriously use this many ingame? I only use a Magcargo (egg hatching) and a Pelipper (flying/surfing) lol.

Yes, Kingdra is OU. But only in the Platinum metagame. As far as strict D/P is concerned, he's BL (no Outrage).

Yup. I travel around with them. I only stop if there are certain factors in the terrain that I cannot overcome. If I'm not using any of my teams, I normally have my starter, Rayquaza, Bibarel, Linoone, and two other random pokemon. I also use my team in the BT btw. They work pretty well there, too.

Oh, you could add Electrode to this team. She's UU, but she's one of the fastest Pokemon in the game, letting you get Rain Dance in quickly.

Electrode (Hasty Nature) @Wet Rock
-Rain Dance
-Thunder/bolt
-Explosion
-Toxic/Thunder Wave

El Panda

No Present For You!
The Thunder/bolt things means either Thunder or Thunderbolt

I love that you putLucicolo in this team =P

How bout you add a Castform for some fun

Castform(Modest)@Choice Specs/Expert Belt/Damp Rock
Forecast
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spd
-Energy Ball/Rain Dance
-Weather Ball
-Ice Beam
-Thunder

100 Base Attack Weather ball with STAB and Weather Support can hurt, my friend. You can go with Rain Dance and Wet Rock to set up Rain Dance for your team, or go with Spec/Expert Belt and Energy Ball for Sweeping

You could also consider Roserade, as it would add some diversity to your team. :/ Actually, I would suggest Roserade and Dry Skin Toxicroak, to be honest. A Rain Dance team doesn't have to be purely Water Pokemon, you know. You should try mixing up the types. A Steel Pokemon wouldn't hurt either (as long as it's not Steel/Ground.)

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
You could also consider Roserade, as it would add some diversity to your team. :/ Actually, I would suggest Roserade and Dry Skin Toxicroak, to be honest. A Rain Dance team doesn't have to be purely Water Pokemon, you know. You should try mixing up the types. A Steel Pokemon wouldn't hurt either (as long as it's not Steel/Ground.)

I was opting for Toxicroak, but I thought it didn't really fit in. I wante to try out Manectric as well, but, meh. I haven't thought of Roserade being on a Rain Dance team before. Hmmm. Like this?

Roserade @ Wise Glasses
Modest/Timid Nature
Ability: Natural Cure
-Weather Ball
-Energy Ball
-Sleep Powder
-Shadow Ball

Roserade (Timid Nature) @Wet Rock
~Trait: Natural Cure~
-Rain Dance
-Weather Ball
-Energy Ball
-Sleep Powder

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Oh, yeah. It can learn Rain Dance. It can learn Water Sport too! =)

Rain Dance accomplishes the same thing that Water Sport does anyways, and who'd be dumb enough to use a Fire attack in rain lol. Although if your point was that it Roserade learns Water-type moves, then I can't really say anything to that.

Anyways I thought you were using strictly BLs? Roserade is very OU iirc. Toxicroak is cool, so is Dry Skin Parasect if you want to be really unorthodox. Qwilfish can Rain Dance and then hurt things with Waterfall and Poison Jab, and explode when he's finished.