• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Red/Blue Pokemon Colorations

These pokemon were originally black and white, but I colored them in R/S colors. It's not finished yet, but what do you think so far?

recoloredpokemonbluered5em.png

I know Butterfree is in the RS version, but the body of the Red Blue versions was all black, and it looked crappy when I was finished with it. And I know Fearow isn't colored in.

crystal-zephyr

i feel his pain
Wow. They're great. For Butterfree you might need to scratch the colour onto it. Keep up doing them and the good work.

Chaos Rush

I think they're great, but I would try to recolor Yellow version sprites than Red/Blue, because many Red/Blue sprites look bad, even when the best person recolorer in the world tries to recolor them. A decent Red/Blue sprite is Gyarados.

I just chose them because those are my favorite sprites. I think many of them are pretty wicked awesome. Like Rhydon, Dragonite, Gyarados, Blastoise, etc.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
You need to change the shading and outlining so they look more like RS sprites rather than just recolor.

Update.
recoloredpokemonbluered5gc.png

How are those new ones?

GardevoirMaster

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Uh, you do realize that the Butterfree is the RSE sprite, right? Other than that, they're just recolors, nothing special. They're usually called revamps too. A revamp is when you take an old sprite, from RBY, GSC, etc.. and color/shade it in a way, that it looks like its from RSE/FRLG. You're kind of just recoloring, keeping the RBY shading there, and they don't look too good either. A lot of them have black blotches, which should be colored in somehow, and the outline is all black. They're not horrible, but there is room for improvement.