1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

My Red Team

Discussion in 'R/G/B/Y In-Game Rate My Team' started by CrystalGuard2, Jul 13, 2008.

1. CrystalGuard2

CrystalGuard2 World Wanderer

Well, this is the team I plan to get in Pokemon Red. Unlike the usual six Pokemon, I'm going to have only five, but later in the game, maybe just one, or two.

Charizard

Flamethrower
    Slash/Cut (can't decide)
    Fire Spin
    Earthquake

Zapdos

Thunderbolt
    Fly
    Thunder
    Drill Peck

Mewtwo

Psychic
    Mega Punch
    Ice Beam
    Psywave

Dewgong

Ice Beam
    Surf
    Aurora Beam
    Double Edge

Porygon

Tri Attack
    Psybeam
    Hyperbeam
    Skull Bash

2. mew801

mew801 Well-Known Member

you should choose slash over cut. a because you can't delete cut if you teach it to charizard and b because slash is a stronger move and has a high critical hit ratio wich is really good. for mewtwo, get rid of psywave and give it a stronger attack like mega kick or blizzard or thunder or something like that. its better to have different types ov moves in your moveset to give you more options so you don't have to switch out pokemon all the time especially in the league.

imagine this situation. your fighting Dragonite in the pokemon league with your dewgong, but dragonite knows thunder and knocks out your dewgong in one hit. what are you going to do now? o i know ill use mewtwo against him because he knows blizzard and that can knock out him out in one hit. mewtwo uses blizzard and dragonite has fainted and you have beaten the pokemon league.
    Psywave is one of the weaker moves and psychic has a pp of 10 so you should be fine for psychic moves.

i hope this has helped and good luck with your team!! xD

3. CrystalGuard2

CrystalGuard2 World Wanderer

Thanks! I replaced Mewtwo's Psywave with Thunder, so the moveset is like this:

Mewtwo

Psychic
    Mega Punch
    Ice Beam
    Thunder

Ever since I got Red, I've been unable to beat the Elite 4! So, once I get that far, wish me luck!

4. Spirited Away

Spirited Away Softly with grace

You could run an sweeper set with Mewtwo

Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt/Submission/Body Slam
    Recover

Problems with thunder include getting it to hit, with Mewtwo's insane special there's not much that can counter it - you can trade power for accuracy for better results.

Slash over cut, more base power + critical hax for Charizard. Or you can go:

Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    Earthquake
    Swords Dance
    Body Slam/Hyper Beam

5. dArK_pOkEmOn_lOvEr

dArK_pOkEmOn_lOvEr Umbreon master

It'd be just fine for in-game battles.

Though, I've never been a fan of Thunder. It's 70% accuracy just doesn't cut it. I'd much rather give up 35 more power points in place of 100% accuracy which is Thunderbolt.

Also, Aurora Beam AND Ice Beam isn't really needed is it? Ice Beam is better in every way, and Aurora Beam is hardly a substitute given it's power is average. If you used Aurora Beam on say, I don't know, a Dodrio. Dodrio would more than likely survive the hit, where as a single Ice Beam would take it out more than not.

6. dArK_pOkEmOn_lOvEr

dArK_pOkEmOn_lOvEr Umbreon master

It'd be just fine for in-game battles.

Though, I've never been a fan of Thunder. It's 70% accuracy just doesn't cut it. I'd much rather give up 35 more power points in place of 100% accuracy which is Thunderbolt.

Also, Aurora Beam AND Ice Beam isn't really needed is it? Ice Beam is better in every way, and Aurora Beam is hardly a substitute given it's power is average. If you used Aurora Beam on say, I don't know, a Dodrio. Dodrio would more than likely survive the hit, where as a single Ice Beam would take it out more than not.

7. diablo_200525

diablo_200525 ミッドナイト ミュウツー

Heck with all the suggestions that they are giving you i think you will have an awesome team... Good luck to you