• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Return to Competitive- Balanced RU Team

Medicham's Hat

<-- Jazz Hands
I'm back guys! I've been crazy super busy lately and just haven't had time to do much of anything. I think I've had like an hour or two of free time per week; most of which were spent napping. Despite this, I'm posting my most recent project, an RU Team. This has preformed pretty well through a testing phase, but I need some feedback to make it even better.

Teambuilding:

(Will post later)

558.gif

BlockHead (Crustle) (M) @ Lum Berry Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge

I usually lead with Crustle against most opponents, as he's almost guaranteed to get up Rocks due to Sturdy and Lum Berry. He basically is just there for Entry Hazards, however he can also hit hard with nice dual STABs and max Attack investment. Having Rocks and a layer or two of Spikes really helps this team as it causes a lot of switches.

479-c.gif

Cut Yo'Self (Rotom-C) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The first part of my defensive core is Rotom-Cut who functions as a mixed wall. Max Special Defense and Will-O-Wisp allow him to take a lot of abuse. Pain Split allows him some form of recovery; however I'm considering changing him into a RestTalk (which is a LOT less useful than 4th Gen with the new Sleep Mechanics) or even Specs/Scarf variant with Volt Switch. Leaf Storm and Thunderbolt round out the set to hit most things neutrally.

195.gif

DERP (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Recover
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Quagsire is the second part of my GWF core. CurseSire is amazing in RU with all of the set-up sweepers he can stop in their tracks and set himself up on. Curse allows him to buff his defenses up whilst making him a dangerous threat himself. Lefties and Recover give him great staying power. Earthquake and Waterfall provide pretty good coverage in RU, but I might change one of them to Stone Edge at some point.

146.gif

PheonixFire (Moltres) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

The third part of my defensive core is Moltres. I love SubRoost Moltres. With Stealth Rock being a little less prevalent this generation and even more so in the lower tiers, he is able to switch in and out a little more freely. That being said; I usually have to bring him in early game as an annoyer if the opponent has something that can set up Rocks because i don't have a Spinner. Toxic is to whittle down walls and Flamethrower is a good coverage move in RU.

342.gif

Mr. Krabs (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Lefties/Life Orb
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Jolly/Adamant Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute/Superpower

Once my walls have severely weakened the opponent's team, Crawdaunt can come in to Sweep with Adaptability. Crunch and Waterfall are two STABs that provide great coverage and are bolstered by Adaptability and Dragon Dance is the obligatory boosting move. I have a few different options for the last moveset and item slot. I could go with Lefties and Substitute to get more boosts and prevent crippling status because while his defenses aren't good, they aren't paper-thin either or I could have him hold Life Orb with Superpower for more immediate power and coverage. What do all of you think?

310.gif

I'M THOR o_O (Manectric) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower/Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Switcheroo

Some of you may remember this guy from my Hoenn team and I haven't changed his set at all. He does great as a late-game cleaner or he can come in early- to mid-game to cripple a wall with Swtcheroo. The strategy is to come in on an electric attack aimed at Moltres/Crawdaunt or a T-Wave aimed at anything, get the Lightningrod Sp. Atk Boost, then wreck through the opponents team with the appropriate Specs-boosted move.

Team Concerns:

• Rocks against my Moltres: If my opponent gets them up, then I have basically wasted a moveslot on my team if they can force Moltres to switch in more than once
  • Lack of priority: If an opponent is able to set-up after my Quagsire has been KOed, I have no priority to pick it off with

Last edited:

Soperman

The One and Only
The only thing i can suggest is Jolly on Crawdaunt and Sub, not Superpower

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
As you use Specs on Manetric, I suggest Overheat, as you'll switch anyway.

Medicham's Hat

<-- Jazz Hands
Tbh, I forgot he learned it. But I still like Flamethrower's consistency if I don't get the chance to switch out late-game, or I have Switcheroo'd my Specs away and i can stay in. If i can get him a 'Rod boost, Flamethrower will be plenty powerful enough for anything in RU anyway. I'll slash it as another option though.

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Nice team, MH. It's been a while since you posted an RMT. I find it very interesting that you use defensive Crustle rather than the more common Shell Smash variant.

Medicham's Hat

<-- Jazz Hands
Thanks 3.14. I love it when they send it something to counter it then get screwed over when I get extra hazards up. I really want this team to be great cause I'm going to feature it in my first YouTube video once I iron out it's problems (and once I find an opponent who actually plays this tier ._.)

UmbreonPayback

I think u need to switch Manectric to a Choice Scarf opposed to a Choice specs variant as u have no real revenge killer. You are also kinda weak to Medicham as ur only resist is Moltres and the opponent could very well predict that switch and go for the Rock Slide opposed to the HJK. I would also take out Lum Berry off of Crustle and go with Leftovers, as the Common Venomoth Sleep Lead is now banned and so is Yanmega who also had access to the shaky hypnosis, I guess the lum berry could help with Lilligant. Anyways, thats all I can think of atm