• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Revised SoulSilver Team. Is it perfect?

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
Read the title guys.

Typhlosion(Vulcan)
Mild/Blaze
EV 252 Spa/252 Spe/8 HP
Holding Heat Rock
Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Focus Blast
*I will scorch you until you are nothing but worthless ashes....

Fearow(Fear)
Adamant/Keen Eye
EV 252 Att/252 Spe/8 Spd
Holding Shell Bell
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
U-Turn
Return
*The beak is scary isnt it

Ampharos(Buzz)
Modest/Static
EV 252 Spa/128 Spd/128 Hp
Holding Wise Glasses
Signal Beam
Thunderbolt
Power Jem
Thunder Wave
*My light can be seen from infinity and beyond

Nidoking(Barney)
Adamant/Poison Point
EV 252 Att/252 Spe/ 8 Hp
Holding Muscle Band
Megahorn
Earthquake
Shadow Claw
Poison Jab
*I love you, if you love me, then you will rate my very fairly with a great big heart and an experts opinion, then you show that im awesome

Machamp(Hercule)
Adamant/No Gaurd
EV 252 Att/128 Def/128 Spd
Holding Leftovers
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge
Bulk Up
Ice Punch
*DBZ FTW!

Lapras(Tessie)
Mild/Water Absorb
EV 252 Spa/ 128 Hp/ 128 Spd
Holding Quick Claw
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder
Psychic
*I play Earthbound

Lol. So any further improvements? Also, with natures, i factored in the need for them through the game. I cant give Typhlosion Modest when he mainly learns physical moves while leveling. Not dumping any of these either, this took planning. I will use these against Red too.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
If this is an in-game team, I would suggest switching Fly for U-turn on Fearow and Strength for Megahorn on Nidoking. Otherwise, you're gonna have a bad time!
Other than that, it's very good. I have no further critiques for it.

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
I understand U Turn but Megahorn? Megahorn is a rare and most powerful bug move, ill give strength to some HM slave

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Strength is fairly useful. 80 Base Power. Neutral damage. Its not Return, but it would make Nidoking fare better against gyms (since no gyms in Johto have Bug weakness)
But I understand where you're coming from. Megahorn is really powerful. Machamp's moves are pretty solid, so maybe Shadow Claw instead?

CMHennigan

That being said, the first E4 member uses psychic types which megahorn would tear thru on nidoking. However he's poison type so it's kind of gimmicky. up to you really.

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
A bit of a gamble isnt it? Maybe I could give it a payapa berry, i could trade it over from my platinum. However, the accuracy may or may not be worth it. Ill go weigh my options

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
My guess would be to replace Megahorn with Strength. I mean, you still have Shadow Claw for Will and Morty, whereas you're gambling with Megahorn and Will (That is IF you can outspeed the Psychic).

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
My guess would be to replace Megahorn with Strength. I mean, you still have Shadow Claw for Will and Morty, whereas you're gambling with Megahorn and Will (That is IF you can outspeed the Psychic).

Im EV training speed plus I love being overleveled(by like 10 levels AT LEAST) so speed isnt too troublesome. Plus he dosent use the absolute fastest pokemon, the fastest is probably Gardevoir post ending.

CMHennigan

tis true. and if you're running signal beam on ampharos, who can also deal with xatu, you dont really need another bug type move.

you can always run rain dance on lapras instead of psychic and give thunder 100% accuracy and boosts surf, and then swap t-bolt on ampharos for thunder as well, or just run t-bolt on lapras. i wouldn't recommend thunder without rain dance support though. not really worth the accuracy loss.

Maybe swap drill peck on fearow for brave bird, since the shell bell will counteract the recoil, plus it's the strongest physical flying move, so you also get stab. You're looking at a 180 base power attack iirc, which would be nice especially with fearow's speed.

I would say maybe swap bulk up for bullet punch for priority, and run life orb for revenge killing.

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
tis true. and if you're running signal beam on ampharos, who can also deal with xatu, you dont really need another bug type move.

you can always run rain dance on lapras instead of psychic and give thunder 100% accuracy and boosts surf, and then swap t-bolt on ampharos for thunder as well, or just run t-bolt on lapras. i wouldn't recommend thunder without rain dance support though. not really worth the accuracy loss.

Maybe swap drill peck on fearow for brave bird, since the shell bell will counteract the recoil, plus it's the strongest physical flying move, so you also get stab. You're looking at a 180 base power attack iirc, which would be nice especially with fearow's speed.

I would say maybe swap bulk up for bullet punch for priority, and run life orb for revenge killing.

Can Fearow learn Brave Bird anyway? If so how, cause I dont recall it by level up and theres no tm. Is it a bp move?

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
No, its an Egg move. You have to breed it with Staraptor or whoever else learns it.

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
Sorry i dont do breeding moves, but its an awesome attack. Ill consider it

Lacourt

Seriously, drop the Fearow. It isn't a good pokémon at all. You better take Skarmory or Altaria as a Flying type.

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
I want a physical sweeper early on in the game, plus really any pokemon works well in game. I could probably trade a Staraptor over from my platinum, or a Salamence