• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Sapphire Team

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I'm about to face the Elite 4 then head on to the battle tower. The plan is to trade them to Emerald then migrate to my Heart Gold for competetive battling and training. Then I'll finally bring them to gen 5 and 6 if possible so I can have a good competetive team if possible. Here it is,

Mightyena, Level 52
-Take Down
-Shadow Ball
-Torment
-Crunch

Salamence, Level 55
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Claw
-Fly/Rest

Blaziken, Level 60
-Sky Uppercut
-Blaze Kick
-Aerial Ace
-Mirror Move

Swampert, Level 54
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Hail

Sceptile, Level 57
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day
-Giga Drain
-Agility

Metagross, Level 55
-Meteor Mash
-Iron Defense
-Psychic
-Earthquake

Feel free to move around and/or put in new pokemon. Help much appreciated

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm not sure why your Swampert runs Hail. You don't have any Ice types in your team, you have no business running Hail. Swampert can run lots of things brilliantly in that last slot, but Hail is not one of them. Go with Rest or Mirror Coat.

Metagross has no business using special moves or wasting time using Iron defence, Metagross should be on the offensive, taking physical hits with ease while dealing massive damage. It does not need Iron Defence boosting its defence, it can already take Earthquakes from anything not called Choice Band Groudon. Go with something like Meteor Mash + EQ + Rock Slide + Agility, possibly replace Rock Slide with Explosion. Rock Slide destroys Zapdos, Gyarados, Moltres, Shedinja, and Charizard. There is nothing really of interest that falls in the category 'weak to Psychic and a threat to Metagross'.

Mightyena can do well at the E4 (pretty much any pokémon not named Magikarp, Luvdisc, or Unown works there because the E4 sucks) but it really has no business in the Battle Tower. It has special STAB but physical attack stat, no bulk, and its movepool is far from impressive. Take Down is also a move to be never ever used. If you want a physical normal move, go with Return. It hits harder, more accurate, and no recoil.

Sceptile is better than Mightyena and is unique as a fast sweeping grass type, but sunnybeaming is something that it should not do. It does not have the bulk to reliably set up sun. Run something like:
Leaf blade + Dragon Claw + Thunderpunch + Crunch
special set that hits quite hard. It still has no business in the Tower though, it is too fragile.

Blaziken has no business in the tower, it is too slow and too fragile to be of much use. Mirror Move is incredibly situational and unreliable with low speed.

Salamence looks good, although I never tried it with Rest before. You might want to replace that with some other move like Aerial Ace.

Overall, some of your pokémon are too weak for the tower, they just won't cut it and should be replaced by better ones. Consider Salamence, Metagross, Swampert, Latios, Latias, Suicune, Raikou, Zapdos, Tyranitar, Snorlax, or Starmie. Those are good solid pokémon for the Tower and can come very far, but pokémon like Blaziken and Mightyena won't get you past 40 or so wins in a row.

Last edited:

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Yeah your right my team is fragile. The thing is though my team is an offensive team though.