• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My School Tourney Team!

Xenevix

Some Guy
So I'm organizing a Pokemon tournament at my school. I'm supposed to be the champion so I need to have a seamless team. I don't like to have to use a weather team so I'm not doing that. In my tournament all the regular stuff is banned and Landorus is banned upon request of the participants. There is no item clause so multiple items on the same team are allowed. There is a sleep clause though.

205.png

Forretress ( Nicknamed LarvEye ) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Relaxed ( -Speed +Defense )
EVs: +252 Defense +252 HP +4 Special Defense
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Forretress has become quite popular since Volt Switch came around. Now the armored bug can set up hazards and get a switch advantage. He can come in, clear the field of hazards and then return to its owner while taking minimal damage. Overall this is a semi-basic set which I doubt needs explaining, but. Stealth Rock hinders lots of Fire types and two layers of Toxic Spikes is an automatic Toxic on the switch. Rapid Spin is for clearing away hazards, and Volt Switch is for giving me a switch advantage while doing minimal damage, possibly breaking a sash but the hazards and Rapid spin will do that anyway.

553.png

Krookodile ( Nicknamed Boph 2.0 ) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Adamant ( - Special Attack +Attack )
EVs: +252 Attack +252 Speed +4 HP
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

My super fast scarfed Pokémon. I actually already have this thing and it is amazing. Since most Calm Mind users are psychic types I thought this guy would be appropriate. It’ll sweep everything after a Moxie boost. Once I kill something and get the Moxie boost nothing can stop me unless a steel type comes in on anything but Earthquake or a flying type comes in when I’m locked into Earthquake. The rest of my team is quite bulky so switching into something won’t be hard at all unless there are a lot of hazards on the field. There’s not much else to say about this one. It’s pretty straightforward.

9.png

Blastoise ( Nicknamed Crush ) @ Leftovers ( Note: in our tournament there is no item clause. )
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Bold ( -Attack +Defense )
EVs: +252 HP +200 Special Defense +56 Defense
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam

My well-needed fire counter and favorite starter Pokémon of all time; with this EV spread he's fairly bulky. Now one of the most common fire types I see anymore is Darmanitan and it is almost always banded or scarfed. Those things have ridiculous offensive capabilities. But even they can’t do much damage to this pro turtle. Leftovers is for recovery, I chose Hydro Pump because I'm running Rain dance and now he can be an offensive wall, Protect is for scouting and more recovery, Rain Dance for a pseudo Aqua Ring and to git rid of other annoying weathers, and Ice Beam for coverage on Grass types. Electric types? Easy switch to Krookodile. Grass types? Easy switch to either Latios or Forretress. I’ve got Blastoise’s weaknesses completely covered. I changed Blastoise's EV spread and nature so he can take more hits on both sides. It hasn't changed by much but it makes a big difference.

381.png

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid ( -Attack +Speed )
EVs: +252 Special Attack +252 Speed +4 HP
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

My spec'd special sweeper. Replaced Volcarona with this guy because he has better coverage and also resists the ever-present Earthquake. Still works well with Blastoise as he can take out grass types easily with Ice Beam. Dragon Pulse is STAB for countering other Dragon types, Surf for pretty decent coverage, and Thunderbolt is for hitting water types trying to take advantage of Rain Dance if it's up and has good coverage, Psyshock is also STAB and hits physically, and Ice Beam has additional coverage. This guy is supposed to come in and take a guy out then come out of the battle if he cannot take out the next. Choice Specs makes this Pokemon ridiculously strong and not much can resist him. He has less coverage than Volc does in the dark and psychic type range but psychics are easily taken out with Krookodile so they're not much of an issue.

563.png

Cofagrigus ( Nicknamed Darla ) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
- Calm Mind
- Will-o-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

My spin blocker and my setup wall tank; I like this guy because he’s impervious to physical attack, resists a lot of types, and gives me the possibility of actually using Slaking. He’s also useful at countering psychic types that try to set up a Trick Room. Calm Mind allows me to be a mixed wall and do a lot of damage after two or three doses of it, Shadow Ball is for a good ghost STAB and Hex replacement, Hidden Power Fighting is for coverage and gets rid if most walls, Will-o-Wisp cripples physical sweepers ( that don't have Guts ) and makes it easier to get to Slaking without having to worry about him taking too much damage. Cofagrigus is a good fighter and Slaking’s not the only reason he’s on my team.

289.png

Slaking ( Nicknamed Kerchek ) @ Life Orb
Ability: Truant
Nature: Jolly
- Slack Off
- Pursuit
- Return
- Earthquake

The definition of raw power, Slaking can take out anything with this move set. Return is STAB and can plow through anything that doesn’t resist it and has an amazing base power of 120 or 130 at max friendship I believe and after the Life Orb boost nothing survives, Pursuit is to guarantee I get Cofagrigus’ ability Mummy from the opponent, Slack Off is to recover Life Orb damage and he’s so bulky that this is way too awesome to pass up, and Earthquake is to kill anything that resists Return and Pursuit. For example: Aggron and any other steel or rock type. Other than that I just love Slaking and I’m so happy there’s actually a practical way to use him. Otherwise, if I have to switch him I’ll switch him for another normal type, maybe Snorlax or Bouffalant.

Overall Summary:
There is no type or single Pokémon that this team can’t handle. I’m proud of this team but I’m sure it needs tweaking. I’m also proud that I constructed a viable team in which none of the members are weak to ground ( Earthquake basically ). Anothe reason for me to be proud is that I put my favorite starter on this team and I can ruin weather teams with him as well while doing tons of damage with Hydro Pump. I’m probably going to try to pull off the Slaking setup as early in the match as possible. I’ll either start with Forretress or Blastoise ( occasionally Krookodile ) every match, each have their advantages as a good lead.

Threats:
I'm happy to say that weather teams have not been much of a major issue for me but this team is not without its weaknesses. The all-too-common Volcarona can be an issue for me once Blastoise is out. One boosted by Quiver Dance can only be taken out solely by Slaking. But he's not a problem if my rocks are up. I haven't had this issue yet but I can see Jellicent being an issue especially if he catches it while Rain Dance is up. I have Thunderbolt on Latios but he's the only one with a counter move. Slaking is strong but he can't use Return on him and OHKOing Jellicent with Pursuit or Earthquake is obviously impossible, and Slaking's special defense isn't the greatest to withstand a Hydro Pump from a water type. Let me know if there are any other glaring threats because I don't really see any more.

Other Threats:
Scrafty
Alakazam
Strong Ghost, Psychic, or Dark types

Reliable Fixes for These Threats:
Volcarona
LO Damanitan <--- Is still viable when Rain dance is up and I don't like Choice'd Darmanitan. LO and Sheer Force does enough.
Choice Spec'd Galvantula? <--- Less reliable. I don't think I'd like this but it has the typing to counter the threats.
Strong Flying or Bug type
Honchkrow? <--- He has the best typing advantage over my threats, but how reliable is it? Definitely unexpected though.

All pictures are from Serebii.net. :)

Last edited:

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
So I'm organizing a Pokemon tournament at my school. I'm supposed to be the champion so I need to have a seamless team. I don't like to have to use a weather team so I'm not doing that. In my tournament all the regular stuff is banned and Landorus is banned upon request of the participants. There is no item clause so multiple items on the same team are allowed. There is a sleep clause though.

The most important stuff I want your opinion on is in bold.

Skarmory ( Nicknamed Zazu ) @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish ( -Special Attack +Defense )
EVs: +252 Defense +252 HP +4 Attack
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Toxic
- Sky Drop

Stealth Rock lead and physical bulk; this set is AMAZING at stalling physical attackers and racking up Toxic damage. This is also my main resistance to dragons. He doesn't have that awesome of an HP stat but it's decent for what it needs. Stealth Rock is obvious for a lead, Roost for HP regain for all the hits Skarmory takes, Toxic for stalling damage and wall ruining, and Sky Drop because that move is freaking pro at annoying the heck out of your opponent and stalling for toxic damage. He is also a great staller against Pokémon with Earthquake. The biggest worry I have for this set is that it has terrible Special Defense. Calm Mind leads would be a problem. But I fixed that issue with this next guy.

after trying this guy, i found that i could rarely get a toxic off, usually due to either steel types, espeon, or poison types, so cant really help you here

- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

My super fast scarfed Pokémon. I actually already have this thing and it is amazing. Since most Calm Mind users are psychic types I thought this guy would be appropriate. It’ll sweep everything after a Moxie boost. Once I kill something and get the Moxie boost nothing can stop me unless a steel type comes in on anything but Earthquake or a flying type comes in when I’m locked into Earthquake. The rest of my team is quite bulky so switching into something won’t be hard at all unless there are a lot of hazards on the field. There’s not much else to say about this one. It’s pretty straightforward.

i agree, he is a very good revenge killer, but thats all, and also probably in the late game, but if your bring him in early to revenge kill, your opponent will most likely have something to counter it, which waists the moxie

Blastoise ( Nicknamed Crush ) @ Leftovers (Note: in our tournament there is no item clause.)
Ability: Torrent (Or its Dream World ability Rain Dish if I can get one.)
Nature: Sassy ( -Speed +Special Defense )
EVs: +252 HP +252 Special Defense +4 Defense
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet / Aqua Ring
- Dragon Tail

My well-needed fire counter, spinner, and my favorite starter Pokémon of all time; he’s really bulky specially and not too shabby physically even without Defense EV’s. Now one of the most common fire types I see anymore is Darmanitan and it is almost always banded or scarfed. Those things have ridiculous offensive capabilities. But even they can’t do much damage to this pro turtle. Leftovers is for recovery, Rapid Spin is for the obvious, Scald is for burn chance on attackers trying to switch in and has STAB and is super-effective against fire types, Aqua Jet is for possible revenge kill and for finishing off a weak Pokémon without having to take another attack. But I might switch Aqua Jet for Aqua Ring for more reliable recovery. That’s important, let me know which I should use: Aqua Jet or Aqua Ring. Dragon Tail is to prevent setup sweepers from doing anything but gives my opponent a switch advantage. (I think you get to pick who goes in but I may be wrong.) And it does some decent damage to dragon types for not having any attack EVs. Electric types? Easy switch to Krookodile. Grass types? Easy switch to either Volcarona or Skarmory. I’ve got Blastoise’s weaknesses completely covered.

Try to get one with rain dish, it really helps counter rain teams, but if you do, just know you wont be able to use aqua jet or aqua jet or aqua ring, so i would say replace it with toxic

Volcarona ( Japanese name. It’s shiny! ) @ Wide Lens / Focus Sash
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: +252 Special Attack +252 Speed +4 Special Defense
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane / Hidden Power (Grass)

This thing could probably use a Focus Sash but Wide Lens comes in handy when in a pinch. If I were to use a Focus Sash I would switch Hurricane for Hidden Power Grass to kill the surprise water type or rock type switch ins and maybe Fire Blast for something else but I love Fire Blast. This is a really standard set used to take out anything and setup on anything that can’t do any significant damage to it. Fire Blast and Bug Buzz are STAB, Quiver Dance is way too good a boost move to pass up, and Hurricane for fighting types which almost all of them pack Stone Edge. But most Fighting types have good special defense so that’s probably not a good idea. It’s just Volc learns Hurricane by itself and Wide Lens helps with the accuracy. This thing has coverage on almost every type. So should I go for Focus Sash and Hidden Power, or Wide Lens and Hurricane? And no, I won't run HP rock / fighting / ground because I like shiny Volcarona and I don't run into Heatran that often. Blastoise can wall it anyway.

This thing got walled so often, mainly be heatran and focus sash is probably a bad idea because it will most likely be facing a lot of entry hazards, and even though you dont run into a heatran a lot, doesnt mean it isnt there, just be wary of that

Cofagrigus ( Nicknamed Darla ) @ Leftovers ( And again no item clause. )
- Calm Mind
- Will-o-Wisp
- Hex
- Energy Ball

My spin blocker and my setup wall tank; I like this guy because he’s impervious to physical attack, resists a lot of types, and gives me the possibility of actually using Slaking. He’s also useful at countering psychic types that try to set up a Trick Room. Calm Mind allows me to be a mixed wall and do a lot of damage after two or three doses of it, Will-o-Wisp boosts Hex and cripples enemy physical attackers, Hex is a ghost STAB and goes well with WoW, and Energy Ball is for additional coverage. I don’t think Energy Ball is the best choice though. What should I switch it out for? I think I kind of need Mean Look so I can set up easier and trap my opponent so it’s easier for me to get to Slaking and get him the ability. But Cofagrigus is a good fighter and Slaking’s not the only reason he’s on my team.

you want one with HP fighting, so it isnt walled by skarmory, and rest might be a helpful addition also, since its the only recovery move it has

- Slack Off
- Pursuit
- Return
- Earthquake

The definition of raw power, Slaking can take out anything with this move set. Return is STAB and can plow through anything that doesn’t resist it and has an amazing base power of 120 0r 130 at max friendship I believe and after the Life Orb boost nothing survives, Pursuit is to guarantee I get Cofagrigus’ ability Mummy from the opponent, Slack Off is to recover Life Orb damage and he’s so bulky that this is way to awesome to pass up, and Earthquake is to kill anything that resists Return and Pursuit. For example: Aggron and any other steel or rock type. Other than that I just love Slaking and I’m so happy there’s actually a practical way to use him. Otherwise, if I have to switch him I’ll switch him for another normal type, maybe Snorlax or Bouffalant.

Really had fun with this guy when i got the truant to go away, but only did it once, so wasnt really able to use him fully, but the idea is really good, if you can make it work

Overall Summary:
There is no type or single Pokémon that this team can’t handle. I’m proud of this team but I’m sure it needs tweaking. I’m also proud that I constructed a viable team in which none of the members are weak to ground (Earthquake basically) and Dragon. In fact, Skarmory completely resists them both. Blastoise covers all the special bulk my team really needs. Slaking and Cofagrigus can take anything once Blastoise is out so using him as a fodder isn’t an issue for me. I’m probably going to try to pull of the Slaking setup as early in the match as possible. I’ll either start with Skarmory or Krookodile every match, both have their advantages as a good lead.

The only major issue I see with this team is that it has almost no counter to weather teams besides Slaking. The most common weather abused team is Sandstorm and I’m vulnerable to this. If I get a Rain Dish ability Blastoise I’m definitely giving it Rain Dance.

Oh and if you didn't notice all my Pokemon are named after Disney characters except Volcarona and Krookodile.

Overall, i would say that you could get a better team, but since its over wifi, i sympathize over you not being able to get everything perfectly right (which is what i think happened with volcarona) so, tbh, i dont know how you will do with this, but good luck, none the less

Xenevix

Some Guy
Overall, i would say that you could get a better team, but since its over wifi, i sympathize over you not being able to get everything perfectly right (which is what i think happened with volcarona) so, tbh, i dont know how you will do with this, but good luck, none the less

I do realize that Volcarona not having HP ground is a weak point, but I was hoping I could use it cause it's shiny, what if I replaced it with Latios?

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: +252 Speed +252 Special Attack
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Pshychic

I've tested that Skarmory out before and I've had quite a bit of success but if I were to remake its moveset but keep Stealth Rock what would you suggest? And how would you make Cofagrigus?

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
if you cant get it to have hp fire, it should do, and maybe try it out spec'd and see how it does with that

Xenevix

Some Guy
Yeah I was thinking specs too but I wasn't sure. And I'm changing the Skarmory set.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
give skamory brave bird. it has roost so it helps cover the recoil and the added power will come in handy

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I think you could run a set for Volcarona with:

Volcarona@Chesto Berry
Timid Nature
EVs: 176 HP/60 SAtk/252 Spe
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance/Fire Blast (Your choice, power or more boosts)
-Bug Buzz
-Rest

Now, the aim is to set up as many Quiver Dances as possible before falling victim to your opponent. Then, you use Rest and you get up to full health. Chesto Berry awakens you and then you'll sweep! This set is walled by Heatran, but you have MoxieDile for that.
Don't use a Lum Berry, as it might cure a status that would be cured by Rest+Chesto anyway.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Maybe try CB Slaking?

Slaking @ Choice Band
Truant
252 Atk | 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
Earthquake | Double-Edge | Return | Shadow Claw

I've try it on NU, works well

Xenevix

Some Guy
@ zerocielX: Yeah I don't know what I was thinking in running Drill Peck.

@Aqua Registeel: It is a good set and I have used it in the past but too many factors play into it. I need my special sweeper to come in and kill fast without the need to setup. Latios does this better then Volcarona does since he's not so hazard weak. But I am thinking of switching Latios back to Volcarona. Heatran really isn't a threat now that I look at it.

@TheSuperZekrom: That thing is WAY overkill. It is so immensley powerful and for what reason? Slaking's power is already amazing. The point of the set my Slaking is running now is so that it can attack multiple turns in a row and take out as many opponents as he can. He can be walled quite a bit by Bronzong and Skarmory but the rest of my team can take them out. I don't doubt you that that set works well but I'm biased towards MummyKing. Thanks for the revision though! :)

227.png

Skarmory ( Nicknamed Zazu ) @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish ( -Special Attack +Defense )
EVs: +252 Defense +252 HP +4 Attack
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Stealth Rock lead and physical bulk. Skarmory is quite common but he is still one of my favorites. Roar is so I can get rid of set up leads and rack up hazard damage. Brave Bird is so that he's not complete Taunt bait. He is also a great staller against Pokémon with Earthquake and Outrage. The biggest worry I have for this set is that it has terrible Special Defense. Calm Mind leads would be a problem. But I fixed that issue with this next guy.

If you can't get it it's fine, but Whirlwind ignores Soundproof, allowing it to phaze most everything.

553.png

- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Nature: Timid/Modest
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]/Focus Blast
- Psychic

He powers up Latios's Surf and gives Blastoise Rain Dish healing, while Hydro Pump has the ability to wipe out many threats. I understand if you can't get HP Grass, if you can't then use Focus Blast.

9.png

Blastoise ( Nicknamed Crush ) @ Leftovers ( Note: in our tournament there is no item clause. )
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature: Calm ( -Attack +Special Defense )
EVs: +252 HP +252 Special Defense +4 Defense
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail

My well-needed fire counter, spinner, and my favorite starter Pokémon of all time; he’s really bulky specially and not too shabby physically even without Defense EV’s. Now one of the most common fire types I see anymore is Darmanitan and it is almost always banded or scarfed. Those things have ridiculous offensive capabilities. But even they can’t do much damage to this pro turtle. Leftovers is for recovery, Rapid Spin is for the obvious, Scald is for burn chance on attackers trying to switch in and has STAB and is super-effective against fire types, Rain Dance acts as a pseudo Aqua Ring and ruins fire types even more, Dragon Tail is to prevent setup sweepers from doing anything, racks up more hazard damage, and it does some decent damage to dragon types for not having any attack EVs. Electric types? Easy switch to Krookodile. Grass types? Easy switch to either Latios or Skarmory. I’ve got Blastoise’s weaknesses completely covered.

If using Politoed, Rain Dance is pointless, so replace it with Toxic.

381.png

Latios @ Choice Specs
EVs: +252 Special Attack +252 Speed +4 HP
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Trick

My spec'd special sweeper. Replaced Volcarona with this guy because he has better coverage and also resists the ever-present Earthquake. Still works well with Blastoise as he can take out grass types easily with HP Fire. Dragon Pulse and Psychic for immense STABs, Surf for pretty decent coverage, and Hidden Power Fire for additional coverage. This guy is supposed to come in and take a guy out then come out of the battle if he cannot take out the next. Choice Specs makes this Pokemon ridiculously strong and not much can resist him. He has less coverage than Volc does in the dark and psychic type range but psychics are easily eaken out with Krookodile so they're not much of an issue.

Again, only change if you use Politoed. Trick allows you to cripple walls.

563.png

Cofagrigus ( Nicknamed Darla ) @ Chesto Berry
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

My spin blocker and my setup wall tank; I like this guy because he’s impervious to physical attack, resists a lot of types, and gives me the possibility of actually using Slaking. He’s also useful at countering psychic types that try to set up a Trick Room. Calm Mind allows me to be a mixed wall and do a lot of damage after two or three doses of it, Shadow Ball is for a good ghost STAB and Hex replacement, Hidden Power Fighting is for coverage and gets rid if most walls, and Rest is for necessary recovery. I replaced ChestoResto over Leftovers and Hex because this guy has to stay in seing as he is my major wall. Cofagrigus is a good fighter and Slaking’s not the only reason he’s on my team.

Good, but you may not want to use RestoBerry, because after the first Rest you're screwed if you get down low.

289.png

- Slack Off
- Pursuit
- Return
- Earthquake

The definition of raw power, Slaking can take out anything with this move set. Return is STAB and can plow through anything that doesn’t resist it and has an amazing base power of 120 or 130 at max friendship I believe and after the Life Orb boost nothing survives, Pursuit is to guarantee I get Cofagrigus’ ability Mummy from the opponent, Slack Off is to recover Life Orb damage and he’s so bulky that this is way too awesome to pass up, and Earthquake is to kill anything that resists Return and Pursuit. For example: Aggron and any other steel or rock type. Other than that I just love Slaking and I’m so happy there’s actually a practical way to use him. Otherwise, if I have to switch him I’ll switch him for another normal type, maybe Snorlax or Bouffalant.

Also good.

Overall Summary:
There is no type or single Pokémon that this team can’t handle. I’m proud of this team but I’m sure it needs tweaking. I’m also proud that I constructed a viable team in which none of the members are weak to ground (Earthquake basically). Blastoise covers all the special bulk my team really needs. Slaking and Cofagrigus can take anything once Blastoise is out so using him as a fodder isn’t an issue for me. I’m probably going to try to pull off the Slaking setup as early in the match as possible. I’ll either start with Skarmory or Krookodile every match, both have their advantages as a good lead.

All pictures are from Serebii.net. :)

Comments are in bold. This team seems fairly good.

Xenevix

Some Guy
Comments are in bold. This team seems fairly good.

Okay so if I go for a Drizzle type team. This would leave me with three Pokemon weak to electric. Thunder would be a popular counter in the rainstorm and half my team is weak to it with no ground type to counter. Blastoise can take one maybe two and Coffy's special defense is too low to take one or more Thunders. Latios could take one but hopefully I can OHKO the one who Thunders, and if I've Tricked away my Specs this'll be harder to do. I could use Bronzong instead of Skarmory in this case but I'm not sure if he'll work as well. And yeah I did some testing. Coffy works better with WoW and lefties on this team.

Dzum101

Has the competition happened yet?

Twilightphoenix

Elite Trainer
if your running raindance on blastoise go with hydro pump instead of scald, and ice beam is better than dragon tail since it can kill a dragon type, has better accuracy, and covers his weakness to grass,and many bug types carry a grass type move on them to counter rock and ground types so be warry of that.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Two main things - If Terrakion is banned wouldn't Latios cause some annoyance from your fellow competitors? If so replace it with Hydreigon. Also if you can get your hands on it MoxieMence does the job of your Krookodile just better. That's it I think.

Xenevix

Some Guy
@ Dzum101: No it has not happened our principal is clearing it with the board of ed tonight.

@Twilightphoenix: The point of Dragon Tail is to switch out the opponent not to do damage. If it were to do damage I'd agree with you.

@Barbeller: I agree with you but Terrakion is not banned and Salamence is banned I believe. I'm meeting with the "Elite Four" tonight to discuss what's banned.

And I'm thinking of replacing Skarmory with Forretress. Forretress does the job better and is a better support Pokemon I think but lessens my resistance to ground (Earthquake) but he can easily take three unboosted from any Pokemon. This allows Blastoise to have Toxic or Protect instead of Rapid Spin as well.

And I'm preparing pretty early for this tournament because once I start get competitors to register and the date gets closer I'll have less time to raise a good team. The projected date is sometime in January.

EDIT: Okay I'm switching Skarm for Forretress and Blastoise is going to be more offensive. But I'm not going to use Politoed.

Last edited:

Twilightphoenix

Elite Trainer
i like the changes that you made. i wonder if a strong psychic or dark type would give this team trouble though. highly doubtful but possable.

Vandslaux

If you can get it, give Sucker Punch some consideration on Slaking.

EDIT: nvm, now I see it's for Mummy-King

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
i like the changes that you made. i wonder if a strong psychic or dark type would give this team trouble though. highly doubtful but possable.
I see Scrafty doing big damage.

Since you say Volcarona could be an issue replacing Krookodile with another EdgeQuaker (a Rock type might be suggested, or Heatran) might help.

And a word of advice: I'm assuming this is to be a wifi tournament, so make sure you actually maximize Slaking's happiness stat.

Xenevix

Some Guy
I see Scrafty doing big damage.

Since you say Volcarona could be an issue replacing Krookodile with another EdgeQuaker (a Rock type might be suggested, or Heatran) might help.

And a word of advice: I'm assuming this is to be a wifi tournament, so make sure you actually maximize Slaking's happiness stat.

I see what you're saying but Krookodile fits his role in my style of battling perfectly. And Scrafty... Yeah he could but Cofagrigus is such a beast that I doubt it. Unless Srafty unleashes a +3 Crunch ( which Cofagrigus still survives ) he has nothing to worry about. Then I get off the WoW and threat nuetralized. But yeah Scrafty could if I'm not careful.

And now that I see the big weakness to something like Alakazam I'm considering switching back to Volcarona. A Quiver Dance Volcarona could be quite helpful. And if I gave it Hurricane it wouldn't be so hindered in Blastoise's Rain Dance. How would that work?

Twilightphoenix

Elite Trainer
hmmm.... i think that could work but you still have better coverage with latios and remember that you can not make a team that counters everything. the problem with useing voacorona with hurricane is that if another weather starter comes in hurricanes accuracy goes down. latios has a better move pool anyway, but most of your team can deal at least neautral damage to dark and psychic types. anyway the real problem is them outspeeding you.

I also see a special sweeper lucario being a mojor threat to this team, since it can learn psychic dark pulse and aura sphere, only 2 of your pokes will be resistant to it so keep an eye out for it and eliminate it a as soon as possible.

Last edited: