• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Second Competitive Team

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Right, this is my second team. I'm pretty new to building teams, so it's not going to be very good. I also need advice on a sixth Pokemon. So, here it is.

655624_1299297550380_80.png

Sawk @ Expert Belt
Jolly
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 Def

-Poison Jab
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Brick Break

Sawk is a good Physical attacker. With 125 Base Attack, it's not the best, but it can plow through a lot. 85 Base Speed, again, not so great. But with the speed EV's, it could outspeed quite a lot. Meaning, it could get a powerful hit in before the opponent has time to set up. With STAB on Brick Break, and high base power on the other moves, it's pretty strong.

Spr_4p_474.png

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Timid
252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/4 HP

-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Tri Attack

Ah, Porygon-Z. With a benefiting nature, 31 IV's, and 252 EV's, it will have 405 Special Attack. The Speed will also be fairly high, making it a nice Special Attacker. Tri Attack has 80 base power, and Stab, making it VERY powerful. Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, and Ice Beam are also quite powerful, all being Special attacks, with high base powers. They also give a lot of coverage. Porygon-Z will be able to hit HARD.

376_metagross_1_m.png

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Impish
252 Atk/252 Def/4 Speed

-ThunderPunch
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Agility

Metagross is here as a tank. Base 130 Defence means it can take a hit, and base 135 Attack means it can deal a lot of damage. It's speed stat is pretty low, so Agility fixes that. The other three moves are physical attacks with high base power, and it gets STAB from two of them. The Salac Berry weakens Metagross' Ground weakness. It's going to be a formidable opponent.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold
252 Def/252 HP/4 Sp. Atk

-Flamethrower
-Calm Mind
-Reflect
-Softboiled

Blissey is a very good Special Wall. Softboiled is here to restore health, Reflect so it will weaken moves like Earthquake and Cross Chop that would otherwise kill it, Calm Mind to weaken Special attacks some more and increase Special Attack, Flamethrower so it can hit it's opponents back. It's going to be tough to get past Blissey.

skarmory.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish
252 Def/252 HP/4 Speed

-Whirlwind
-Spikes
-Roost
-Drill Peck

Skarmory is my Physical Wall. 140 Base Defence means it can take powerful attacks with hardly any damage. Spikes for inflicting damage upon switching, Whirlwind to swap out Pokes that could potentially OHKO it, Drill Peck for damage, Roost for healing.It's going to be able to take a lot of damage, the only thing it really has to worry about are things like Eelektross and Volcanrona. It would have switched out to Blissey if either of those show up.

th_chandelure.png

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Modest
252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed/4 HP

-HP Ice
-Energy Ball
-Overheat
-Shadow Ball

Chandelure can take the Fire attacks aimed at Skarmory and Metagross with it's Flash Fire ability, then hit hard back. It's pretty fast, so it would get the next hit in fast. It can cover a lot, with moves of four different types, and STAB on two moves. It's a pretty good Pokemon.

Last edited:

CrobatOwns

Back from the dead!
Sawk seems Ok, but maybe you can change a move or two. I am not quite sure about sawk as a pokemon.

Porygon-Z is OK, but instead of leftovers, I would use choice specs, and make it timid nature. If you wanted, you could use a nasty plot set with life orb too ridding of signal beam.

Since it seams you want blissey for special attacking, then don't worry about using chansey instead. Blissey looks OK for what you want.

Metagross is OK, but if you don't put Ev's in SpDef, why bother with impish? Either try another EV spread or change the nature to Adamant. Other than that, it is good.

Skarmory, ah good wall. Sky Drop is banned, and either way, I would replace it with Roost from Gen 4. Instead of steel wing, try drill peck or brave bird accordingly. And I would use Whirlwind or swords dance/agility for the last slot, since it is a wall.

Also note you have 2 steel types.

I would fill the last slot with a fire type like darmanitan. A good physical attacker with good movepool. Absolute beast.

Last edited:

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
Thanks for the tips, I've edited the first post. I think you got Darmanitan wrong, it's a horrible physical attacker. Base 30 Attack isn't so great. I think you mean Special Attacker.

Infectious

<('-'<)
Jolly on Sawk. Ice beam over signal beam on P-Z. Ice/Thunder punch over hammer arm on metagross. Whirlwind over swords dance on skarm. As well as Spikes/Stealth rock over night slash on it. You could possibly use scarf heatran/chandelure as last slot to absorb fire moves.

CrobatOwns

Back from the dead!
Thanks for the tips, I've edited the first post. I think you got Darmanitan wrong, it's a horrible physical attacker. Base 30 Attack isn't so great. I think you mean Special Attacker.

Glad to help so far, but darmanitan is a physical attacker.

Zen Mode, which is its Dream World, is a special attacker.

140 Attack when not in Zen Mode/30 SpAtk
140SpAtk in Zen Mode, 30 Atk

And if it was a Zen Mode, those stats only switch when in Zen Mode

Try this set:

Darmanitan@Life Orb
4HP/252ATK/252 Speed
Jolly Nature/Adamant (I prefer jolly)
~Flare Blitz/Fire Punch*
~Super Power
~Rock Slide*
~Earthquake
*Boosted by sheer force, its ability 33.3%.

Infectious

<('-'<)
Maybe go with 252Def/252Hp on bliss, it can take special hits well already, and even with reflect, it cant live physical attacks that easily.

CrobatOwns

Back from the dead!
Chandelure is a good option too but not as fast. And darmanitan hits harder due to Sheer Force.

JoMo4LIFE

I would switch porygon Z with gengar personally, but thats just preference, i'd also maybe switch up blissey's moveset to get aromatherapy in there because if either Z or Chandy get paralyzed its over
overall good team though