• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Second Successful OU Team

Skarm™

Light It Up
Hey there. This is a team I made while I was bored, but when I tested it out it actually worked great, so I wanted to see if you guys share my opinion on that. Here it is!

Oh yeah, one more thing. This isn't the actual order of my team, it's the order of the Pokemon I chose to be in it.

Teambuilding Process
450.gif

I wanted to start with a stall Hippowdon. So I actually made a home-made set which you'll find later, that turned out well until I battled this monomove(ikr, it sounds weird), and the one move all of them used was Taunt, so yeah...

450.gif
649.gif

Next I wanted something that couldn't get toxic'd and that could tear a team to shreds, a deadly immune sweeper. And that would be my amazing friend, Genesect the boss.

450.gif
649.gif
639.gif

Next I wanted another deadly sweeper that can abuse the power of a Choice Band. And because Terrakion was voted the hardest Pokemon to switch into, I used it. It OHKO's things with Close Combat that you never would've imagined, like Kingdra, lol.

450.gif
649.gif
639.gif
073.gif

Next I wanted a spinner, as I really might need in some cases, and something that could set up Toxic Spikes like this (*snaps*), and that would. undoubtedly be, Tentacruel.

450.gif
649.gif
639.gif
073.gif
461.gif

Next, I needed a priority move, and a Pokemon that most people wouldn't see coming regularly, but still deadly. With access to a STAB Pursuit, Ice Shard, and Low Kick, this one knows it's place, and it has perfect typing for those offensive things. As for defenses, look out Weavile, you're in for it rough.

450.gif
649.gif
639.gif
073.gif
461.gif
479-wash.gif

Everybody knows Rotom-W, I mean who wouldn't. Everybody knows what it can do with a Choice Item, so I decided it would be my water and electric sweeper, and then maybe use Trick if it needs too. This thing has ripped apart teams, so say hello, and prepare to say goodbye as it beats you.

149.gif
649.gif
639.gif
073.gif
461.gif
479-wash.gif

Hippowdon wasn't doing so good, so I replaced it with the famous Dnite. With Multiscale, it can get a Dance in easily, even on an Ice Beam, and then sweep.

A Detailed Look

149.png

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Multiscale
Adamant
252 HP, 44 Atk, 212 Spe
Dragon Dance, Outrage, Fire Punch, Extremespeed

This thing really hurts. The already bulky behemoth enters with newfound armor, found in Multiscale and HP EVs. It just easily grabs a Dance, then sweeps. This monster is underestimated, but it's your team that's gonna be gone, not mine...

genesect.png%3Fw%3D267%26h%3D300

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Download
Timid
4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Bug Buzz, Flamethrower

The first thing you might notice off the bat is that I have Bug Buzz instead of Flamethrower, and i would've used Flamethrower, but I actually replaced it with Rock Polish. It's a free speed boost on stall Pokemon, but if you think I should have Flamethrower instead, please say so, because I'm perfectly happy with both. This thing really either KOs or severely dents, so be careful around it.

639.png

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jutsified
Adamant
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Sacred Sword, Stone Edge, X-Scissor, Close Combat

Remember how I said Terrakion was voted hardest Pokemon to switch into? Yeah, it's true. It has amazing offensive typing, as well as good defensively(sometimes), and can also rip the other team apart. With max Attack, and a Life Orb, man will you be scared of this!

073.png

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Liquid Ooze
Bold
252 HP, 240 SpD, 16 Spe
Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Scald, Protect

This set works pretty good. I'm usually the more offensive trainer, and I've only mastered one stall Pokemon, Vaporeon (<3), but I'll try Tentacruel too. Black Sludge for the poison leftovers and it tricks Trick Rotom(lol that sounded weird). Protect really isn't working that great, and I already have like 3 Ice moves, so no Ice Beam, so I don't know what to do there. Spinners FTW, and please tell me anything I can do to make Tentacruel better.

473.png

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Thick Fat
Jolly
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Ice Shard, Superpower, Earthquake, Stone Edge

Replaced Weavile with Mamoswine for obvious reasons. It still gets priority, but with other bonus moves. Also with Thick Fat, so it resists more. It can either just counter dragons or sweep, but it can be pretty effective, trust me

479-wash.png

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Timid
4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, Trick

Unlike most people, I use both Volt Switch and Thunderbolt, because I know there's gonna be that one Pokemon that has just enough HP to survive a Volt Switch, but Tbolt kills it. It's infamous Trick tricks stallers, forcing them to use Choice Items to their peril.

Anyways, that's my team. I've used it like 100 times, becuase I love it, and I've probably won 80% of the time, and 10% was from opponent's rage-quitting because of Genesect. Please rate from 1/10 and suggest things! Thanks!​

Last edited:

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Nice team, only point: use a Modest nature on Genesect, since it has RP for speed. Flamethrower is IMO better, cause it hits Zone and Rotom-F super effectively, the 2 pokemon resisting BoltBeam. Zone must be eliminated, since it does great damage w/ HP [Fire].

Skarm™

Light It Up
Nice team, only point: use a Modest nature on Genesect, since it has RP for speed. Flamethrower is IMO better, cause it hits Zone and Rotom-F super effectively, the 2 pokemon resisting BoltBeam. Zone must be eliminated, since it does great damage w/ HP [Fire].

lol i had made a new moveset with bolt and beam, flamethrower, and bug buzz for stab, it covers so much. its just no one posted here to i didnt bother to update it

Rotom-F

Team Rater
Well, first, Dragon Dance Dragonite wont sweep the entire opponent team if used as lead. Choice Band (With Outrage, Extremespeed, Fire Punch and Earthquake / Superpower) Works well as Lead, Destroying the first opponent poké with sucess. Genesect with Leftovers and Rock Polish? I dont think this is a good Set, and if you are going to Keep Rock Polish, Go with Modest Nature, Life orb and Bug Buzz, Ice Beam and Flamethower. Anyways, i prefer that you use Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, Flamethower and Ice Beam with Life Orb and Timid Nature. It Really make a lot of opponents ragequit. On Tentacruel, Liquid Ooze is a way more usefull than Rain Dish without rain. Liquid Ooze really trolls stuff like Leech Seed, Giga Drain and Drain Punch. On Weavile, you could use Swords Dance Set, with Night Slash, Ice Punch and Brick Break / Low Kick, since Terrakion is a way better Choice Band. On Rotom-W, Thunderbolt + Volt Switch is useless, and you could use Specs for Hitting super-effective Hidden Powers more Effective, Like HP Fire, Grass or Ice. Anyways, i wont say Tentacruel is a solid Physical Wall, so you could use Rotom-W with 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD Bold Nature with Discharge / Thunderbolt, Substitute, Pain Split and Will-o-Wisp. Thats all, good team, 8/10.

Xenevix

Some Guy
Okay so first things first: Way too many choiced Pokemon, two is okay but three is a lot. Half your team being unable to switch moves in kind of a handicap. Personally I would switch Choice Band on Weavile for Life Orb. It isn't like it is going to survive a hit anyway so the little damage it takes won't really matter. Without Choice Band but with Life Orb Weavile still is able to easily OHKO Tyranitar and Salamence with Low Kick and Ice Shard respectively. As for the other two I would just leave them as those are pretty good sets.

As for using Weavile to counter Terrakion and Tyranitar I'm not so sure as both are known for there Choice Scarf sets. But obviously if you do get off the Low Kick they're done. Something you may want to consider here though is Mamoswine. He pretty much does the same thing but with bulk and a higher base power, although this comes with a drawback: the lack of speed.

Next we have Tentacruel, your poisonous squid should be specially defensive, not physically. I say this lovingly: Tentacruel actually has real nice special bulk and with a burn from Scald he won't especially need the defensive EVs as much. The best part about a specially defensive Tentacruel is that it can absorb electric type attacks like a boss. When I use my Tentacruel I willingly stay in on Electric types who think they can destroy me with Thunderbolt because it gives me a free chance to set up my Toxic Spikes. When you get both layers up he should be at around 1/2 HP left, which I would say is pretty good. (By the way I'm using Choice Scarf Rotom-W with Thunderbolt as the example here.) As for your last move: Protect is perfectly okay. Being able to see what your opponent wants to do and block the occasional spin is a good thing. I personally run Ice Beam but since you don't want it I would suggest Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave which surprises the occasional grass type.

For a review on Genesect (which is the last I would like to rate) I would have to see your revised set, but I'm guessing it is a Choice Scarf variant. If this is the case your team is quite solid offensively. I would just be worried that really nothing on your team with the exception of Dragonite can take more than two heavy hits. (The Tentacruel I suggested can specially, but no variant can physically.)

As you have it the biggest threat I see is a good weather team. You really have no way to play around a team centered around weather because Tornadus-T Hurricane, Thundurus-T Thunder, Solarbeam, sun-boosted fire moves, but Blizzard shouldn't give you much of an issue. To resolve this I suggest one Pokemon: Swift Swim Kingdra. He wrecks in the rain, 4x resists all fire moves, and can easily get rid of most bulky Sandstorm-mons with the right moveset. Personally I would put him over Dragontite but you would lose quite a bit of bulk.

I hope I helped. :)

McDanger

looks solidish first think i notice is rival genesects destroy your team bar terrakion and maybe rotom wash, technictian breloom puts on the hurt aswell walled cruel to a degree and weavile cause his shard hits before mach punch and dnite with scales broken. Finally terrakion really hurts this team bar cruel. sashed mamoswine may fit better over weavile as he adds rocks and can KO terrakion and genesect with quake. Scarf terrakion or try the sub swords dance rock gem set. Finally try sp def rotom wash so tornadus t doesnt have fun with hurricane spam
i say 6-7/10

patthecat11756

Team looks decent but maybe you could try choice scarf on terrakion and be able to take down scarf thundurus t.

On weavile decrease the 40 hp evs to 32 and put into speed. It'll be enough to outspeed max speed tornadus-t.

Other than that team looks good I would just watch out for cm mind keldeo and other boosters since you don't have a.
traditionnal wall to tank hits. Genesect is good but its not going to tank hits left and right.

Good team overall though!

Skarm™

Light It Up
ok, i read all the reviews, and they were updated, but some of them arent needed ( see updated team why). so how's this updated one? lol i said updated too many times